Unexpectedly

kierra97 által

‘He went out of the room. In his boxers. Again. Like the laws and principles of the universe, which were scie... Több

Unexpectedly
Prologue- Keep Dreaming
Chapter One- That Brief Moment of Connection
Chapter Two- The Boy Who Drew
Chapter Three- Some People are Just Plain Scary
Chapter Four- Who's In Charge of the Game Now, Huh?
Chapter Five- I'm Not THAT Evil
Chapter Six- Nothing Still
Chapter Seven- Forget Protocol
Chapter Eight- Screw Physics, Screw Camden, and Screw Worms
Chapter Nine- Just There
Chapter Ten- Live a Little
Chapter Eleven- Hangovers and Love Notes
Chapter Eleven- This Is Not Your Usual Cliche Story
Chapter Twelve- My Version of Together
Chapter Thirteen- More Boy Trouble? Great
Chapter Fourteen- Equilibrium Going Off
Chapter Fifteen- Almost
Chapter Sixteen- So Close, Yet So Far
Chapter Seventeen- Forget It
Chapter Eighteen- Nothing to Keep
Chapter Nineteen- WillyoucomeovertohelpmedressupforFridaynight?
Chapter Twenty One-The Legendary Pink Pony
Chapter Twenty Two- It WILL Happen
Chapter Twenty Three- The Date
Chapter Twenty Four- You Have a Great SHIRT
Chapter Twenty Five-Scared to Death
Chapter Twenty Six-Where are the Fireworks?
Chapter Twenty Seven- Scaredy Cat
Chapter Twenty Eight- Nameless
Chapter Twenty Nine-There's This Thing Called KNOCKING
Chapter Thirty- Swollen Toes and a Game
Chapter Thirty One-Speechless
Chapter Thirty Two-The Choice
Chapter Thirty Three- Not So Perfect Picture
Chapter Thirty Four- "That Guy"
Chapter Thirty Five- Falling Out
Chapter Thirty Six - Waterworks
Chapter Thirty Seven- Tinker Bell? Very Hot
Chapter Thirty Eight- What to Expect

Chapter Twenty- Even Earthworms are Admirable

115K 3.8K 486
kierra97 által

A/N:

HEY ALL! Sorry it took a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG while. I was sort of uninspired and was addicted to playing League of Legends. Anyways, I know the chapter title sounds really gross, but read on and I hope you enjoy it. Shoutout to Fanta_xx, sparklekid, LeesaOng, and SimplyStupid! Hi! :D

Anyways, enjoy! AND I'M REALLY HOPING FOR SOME COMMENTS. I've gotten a little insecure about this story, if not for the comments.

Thanks for everything.

--Kierra XX

P.S.- It took me THREE days to write this (really long for me), and YOU BETTER APPRECIATE IT! LOL kidding. ;) I just wanted to put P.S. Haha.

Chapter  Twenty- Even Earthworms are Admirable

                “Oh, boy. This does not look good at all,” I muttered, closing my eyes, hoping that when I’d open my eyes, I’ll realize it’s only a bad dream. A nightmare, really.

                “Shea. What part of this does not look good?” Sher shook my shoulders. “Open your eyes.”

                I did.

                Everything was still there. And to answer her question, I said, “Um, everything doesn’t look good. Especially you in the midst of all this.”

                Sher shook her head. “Shea, Shea, Shea. You have to listen to the master sometimes.”

                I groaned. “Sure, sure.”

                “Look. The only way you can get through this is if you actually want to be here. And for you to want to be here, you have to set a goal.”

                “Don’t even think of brainwashing me,” I told her. “I’m warning you, you will not like what I’d do to you afterwards.”

                “Oh, shut up. Just focus. Why do you want to dress up?”

                I looked around, considering this. I saw the cute blouses, some of which I thought might actually suit me. And the shorts and skirts. And oh my gosh, I can’t believe I just saw these sandals today! I mean, they’re, like, perfect!

                I looked at Sher, narrowing my eyes at her. “Did you just brainwash me?”

                She smiled. “Depends.”

                “On what?”

                “Whether it’s working or not.” She grinned. “Well, is it?”

                I shrugged. “You bet.”

                And then, there I was. Looking at cute blouses, trying them on, putting them back on the rack to look for more.

                I never, not even once, thought I would ever go shopping and actually enjoy it.

                Well, I guess people change.

---

                “Who are you and what did you do to my sister?” Jake’s eyes widened as he spotted me. I was in my room, sitting in front of my vanity closet. “Spit my sister out, you doppelganger!”

                I gave Jake a bored glance as I applied a thin coat of lip gloss. “Stop overacting, Jake. It really doesn’t suit you.”

                He shook his head. “Am I in a nightmare? Oh, God. I am in a nightmare. Wake me up.”

                I glared at him. “Jake. There’s nothing surprising, really.” I fixed my stare on him. “I mean, it’s just lip gloss.”

                “And a cute button-up shirt, and some cute pair of shorts, and those sandals! Really, Shea?”

                I gave him a look. “Stop it, Jake. I'm serious.”

                He sighed. “It’s just… weird, you know. I mean, look at you, all dressed up.” He gave me another look. “And I just think the change is… pretty scary, you know.” He walked over to my bed, lying down carelessly. I could see his reflection as he took a picture frame from the bedside table and looked at it.

                “Are you telling me I look scary?” I turned to him.

                “That’s not what I meant.” He shrugged and said, “It’s just… all of a sudden, you’re this girly. You go on dates. You go on parties. You kiss guys.”

                My eyes widened. “The last part is so not true!”

                “Yes, it is! You’ve kissed Cam!”

                “I was drunk!” I yelled.

                It was a good thing Mom was not home. Otherwise, I would never be able to go out ever again.

                “Exactly! You get drunk! Are you sure you’re not some extraterrestrial copy of my sister, who is secretly hiding the real Shea in your spaceship?”

                “Jake!

                “Okay, okay, fine.” He backed up a little. “Anyways, good luck on your date.”

                “Um, whatever,” I said.

                And the doorbell rang.

                Jake smiled. “I’ll go get it. You—apply more lip gloss or something. Whatever.” And he went out of my room, putting the frame back on my bedside drawer.

                I realized, then, that is was a picture of the two of us. With Dad.

                No wonder he seemed a little solemn for a minute there.

                As for me, I stood up, looked at the picture, and for a moment I thought  of that day. The day we took the picture. It was taken on one of our family trips at the beach. One of our last, I think.

                “Shea!” Jake shouted. “Blake’s here!”

                And just like that, I was jolted back to the present. I sighed, smoothed my hair out, while trying not to ruin it, and went out.

---

                “Shut. Up!” My eyes widened as I giggled. “Seriously.”

                Blake laughed, carefree and sweet. It made my knees go weak, really. It was a good thing we were sitting, otherwise I would have fallen.

                “It’s true! I really did enter the girl’s bathroom once before! Honest to God, I swear it’s true,” he said, smiling almost innocently at me. “I just.. . entered. And for a moment I wondered why all the girls stopped to stare at me. And then I asked myself, ‘Wait… girls?’ And I’m pretty sure that was the time I became tomato red, shouted the words ‘I’m sorry’ so many times as I went out.”

                I laughed out loud. “That is SO embarrassing!”

                He laughed as well. “I told you.”

                I was shaking my head as I scooped what’s left of my half-melted vanilla ice cream. “You’re crazy, you know.”

                He laughed. “Oh, I know, all right.” He bit into his ice cream cone. His was chocolate, and he had it on a cone. I had mine on a cup. He couldn’t understand why, and I wouldn’t tell him the reason, which was because ice cream could do permanent damage to my outfit.

                And I spent a lot for it—be it money or time.

                “So, what have you been up to?” he asked me, eyeing me thoughtfully with his eyes.

                “Me?”

                “Yeah. I mean, look at you. Goody-goody Shea Collins, a goddess roaming this world for a blessed cause.”

                I elbowed him lightly. “Shut up.” I smiled. “I'm not a goddess. I’m merely… Shea Collins, whose life is all about writing and who thinks boys who enter the girls’ bathrooms are—are earthworms.”

                He laughed. “Har-har. Very funny. That really hurts.” He feigned a hurt look, putting a hand over his chest.

                “Well, that’s about everything about me, though. Take it or leave it.”

                His eyes seemed to soften, and there was that soulful look again. “I’d take it. For what it’s worth, I'm sure it’s something I’ll never regret.”

                My smile faded as I looked into his eyes, realizing what the words meant. Realizing that those words… were not just simply words.

                “Oh, boy. I think I just said I like you. A lot.” He smiled, but it was this sort of really wistful smile. As if, just like me, he was having the time of his life. 

                If he really were pulling the moves on me… then I was falling hard for them.

                “Well, I, for one, am admiring a particular earthworm,” I said.

                He held my gaze for a while. For a moment, it was just us, leaning back against the hood of his car under the stars, looking into each other. Just this moment.

                And then I averted my gaze. I faked a cough and said, “We should probably get going.”

                From my peripheral vision, I could see him scratch the back of his neck as he said, “Yeah. Um, of course.”

                Silence. Then I dared to give him a quick glance—

                Only to find myself staring, as I had been for all those days, from the first night at the party to this moment, into his eyes.

                The night—the date, particularly, was more than everything I had hoped for.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

4.9K 162 36
"What I was suppose to do? You left me, you went to Arizona." I shout at him as he storms away. "Wait for me." He shouts and I g...
250K 7.2K 20
Before I knew it my shirt was torn away from my torso and tossed on the floor, Charlie's doing the same. Our kiss intensified and I felt him groan ag...
8.6K 126 35
"We shouldn't be doing this?" I yelled at him, unaware of how close we were. "Why? Why shouldn't we?" He said, sliding his fingers into my already we...
2.7K 532 59
"Olivia" his voice makes me jump from my bed. He storms into my room. "Get out Cam. You bastard. How can you do this to me. How can you cheat on me...