Believe in Sherlock

By AutumnEmbers

When Sherlock reunites with his best friend from his childhood, Margaret Jones, he can't seem to get her off... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9-Maggie's POV
Chapter 10-Maggie's POV
Chapter 11-Maggie's POV
Chapter 12-Sherlock POV
Chapter 13-Maggie's POV
Chapter 14- Maggie's POV
Chapter 15-Maggie's POV
Chapter 16-John's POV
Chapter 17-Maggie's POV
Chapter 18-Maggie POV
Chapter 19-Maggie's POV
Chapter 20-Sherlock's POV
Chapter 21-Maggie's POV
Chapter 22-John's POV
Chapter 23-Maggie's POV
Chapter 24-Maggie's POV
Chapter 25-Sherlock's POV
Chapter 26-Maggie's POV
Chapter 27-Sherlock's POV
Chapter 28-John's POV
Chapter 29-Sherlock's POV
Chapter 30-Maggie's POV
Chapter 31-Maggie's POV
Chapter 32-John's POV
Chapter 33-Maggie's POV
Chapter 34-Maggie's POV
Chapter 35-Sherlock's POV
Chapter 36-Maggie's POV
Chapter 37-Sherlock's POV
Chapter 39-Sherlock's POV
Chapter 40-Maggie's POV
Chapter 41-Sherlock's POV
Chapter 42-Maggie's POV
Chapter 43-Maggie's POV
End Credits of Sorts
Sequel Released!!

Chapter 38-Maggie's POV

6.3K 271 101
By AutumnEmbers

(A/N) AMAZINGLY IMPORTANT NOTE!!!!! PLEASE READ!!!

Okay so even though I live in the U.S.A, I have seen all of season 3 of Sherlock. If you haven't seen it you can see the season on cokeandpopcorn.com

When I wrote the next few chapters, I hadn't seen any of the episodes so none of this will have any spoilers. I won't add spoilers since some of you haven't seen it yet.

Okay, that's done. For those of you who have seen the season, Am I the only one freaking out over the 'message' at the very end, involving a very important character? AHHH!

HANGER LANE. CRIME SCENE. 9:00 AM

I bent down to inspect the body.

"He had been strangled clearly. You could see the imprint of hands around the throat. Judging by the size of the print the suspect is a man. A strong man at that. We're lucky it's muddy here because there is a perfect footprint of the suspect's boot. Size 9 feet. Tall and heavy set. He strangled the victim and stole the watch that was on his left wrist. The victim was on his way home from a meeting going by his suit, a business man. Just got here from London. He got here a week ago and was on a business trip for his company." I stated, looking up at the DI in charge of the case.

He watched me with a bewildered expression on his face. "How did you know he came here from London?" He stuttered.

"Because he sat next to me on the plane. Haven't you noticed my accent?" I asked.

DI Craig Robinson watched me as I walked over to the other side of the body. "The suspect has long blonde hair. I don't think this came from our victim." I held up a thin hair that had been next to the footprint.

"How do you know that didn't come from a girl. The man doesn't look like the loner type to me." Detective Inspector Robinson said.

"He's married happily. His ring is clean and wedged quite tightly on his finger. It'd be hard to get it off and cheat without getting caught. Also it was next to the footprint so I can only assume it belongs to the suspect." I said.

"But if he's blonde and rather heavy set, why did our witness say the attacker was slim and brown haired?" Craig asked.

I stood up swiftly. "Where is the witness?" I asked quickly and urgently. Craig pointed over to the house nearby. The house was small and dirty. The brick walls were cracked and the front door had mud marks at the bottom.

"Mr. George Walters." Craig told me his name.

I turned away from the scene and walked up to the house, taking mental notes of everything I saw. I knocked impatiently at the door and heard someone mutter and heavy footsteps move towards the door.

The door swung open and I observed the man before me.

He was about six foot with size eight feet and a rather round stomach. His hair reached his shoulders in a stringy curtain of blonde.

"Look I already talked to the police. Twice. I've told you everything." He waved me off and started to close the door.

I stuck my foot in the door frame to keep it from closing. "Except the part about you killing the poor man." I said nonchalantly.

The door swung back open. "What are you talking about? I would never kill a man!" He argued.

"But the evidence is all here." I said.

"What evidence?" He scoffed.

DI Robinson came up behind me as I started talking quickly, listing all of the evidence against him.

"Your hair is the same color and length as the strand found beside the footprint by the body. You thought you were clever wearing a size nine shoe which you so stupidly put beside the door where I can see it. If I picked up the shoe and looked at the tread on the bottom, it will clearly match the footprint over there. Your hands are large and strong just like the murder's. The watch on the table behind you looks expensive and going by your house, you wouldn't have enough money to buy that watch. I also recognize it as the one the victim was wearing when I saw him at the airport. Do you want me to go on?" I looked at him innocently.

George glared at me and suddenly a gun was being aimed at my head. "Everyone get on the ground! Or I shoot her!" He shouted.

I heard gasps and movement behind me. DI Robinson reluctantly got on the ground.

I stood calmly as I watched George ready the pistol.

"Go ahead. Shoot me. It's not like I have anything. A high class criminal is blackmailing me by threatening everyone I love. Death would be a relief." I spat, slowly reaching for my own gun in its holster.

"Shut up." He snarled, I could see the nervousness in his eyes and body language.

"Fine." I said simply and brought up my left hand, putting it on the inside of his wrist and pushing it away from my face all in one swift motion. It went off and startled screams sounded behind me. I didn't hear the shot hit anybody though.

I wrapped my right arm around his neck and pushed his upper body forward so he was bent over. I brought up my knee and hit him square on the nose. I pushed him over completely and put his hands behind his back. I grabbed handcuffs from a shocked Craig and locked George's hands together.

I recited his rights and all that crap before hauling him to his feet and handing him to two officers waiting for me. Mr. Walters was put in the backseat of a police cruiser and driven to the prison.

"Good job, Margaret. I'm impressed." Craig started to compliment me.

"Thanks, Detective Inspector. May I leave now?" I asked for permission to go.

"Yes. You're done for today, Miss. Jones." Craig said.

"Goodbye Greg." I said before stopping suddenly when I realized what I said.

"Greg? It's Craig, Margaret." DI Robinson corrected me.

"Sorry. You just...remind me of someone I knew." I said, smiling politely.

"It's alright. See you tomorrow morning, Margaret." Craig waved his goodbye and joined another officer.

I watched the paramedics carry the victim's body into the ambulance solemnly. Solving crimes isn't the same without Sherlock and John. Not at all.

I started down the street and towards my flat. The walk wasn't very far at all.

MAGGIE'S FLAT. 10:30 AM.

I sat on my couch with a cup of tea. I was just relaxing when my cell went off.

I picked up the phone and read the caller ID. I felt the color drain out of my face as I read the name. I answered.

"Hello?" I asked in a small voice.

"Maggie? Where are you? Are you alright?" Sherlock sounded utterly panicked.

I gulped nervously and replied, "I'm fine." My voice shaking.

"Where are you?" He demanded.

"It doesn't matter." I replied, biting my lip and watching my words carefully so as not to give anything away. I'm sure Charles is listening to this conversation. I know he is.

"I'm coming to get you." Sherlock said after a long silence.

"No! Please! Why do you think I left?!" I shouted, trying to think of a lie to fool even Sherlock Holmes.

"I think you were forced. You were forced by someone that wants attention. A greedy attention seeker." Sherlock spat the last few words with such hatred I flinched at every syllable.

"Look, Sherlock...can we not talk about it. How's John?" I tried friendly conversation.

"Worried sick." John's voice came through the phone.

"Of course you had me on speaker." I said, smiling that both of them were there.

"It's the only way that allows us all to hear your voice." A new voice joined in.

"Mycroft? You're there too? Did you have to force Sherlock to allow you to step foot in the flat?" I laughed softly.

"Yes. But that's besides the point. Where are you?" Mycroft said, authority leaking into his voice.

"I-" My voice was cut off by a knock at my flat door.

"What was that?" Sherlock asked.

"Someone's at the door." I replied, watching the door carefully. "I better go."

"No. Maggie, I swear if you end this call I will-" I ended the call and Sherlock's voice was cut off.

I slipped the phone in my pocket and crept towards the door quietly.

I opened the door to see a man waiting there. I didn't have a chance to scream before he shoved a white towel to my face, forcing me to breathe in the chloroform.

My vision blurred and I blacked out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 243 10
A royal scandal brings Sherlock Holmes into a tough duel of wits against a peculiar woman. Now that Sherlock has started to understand his feelings...
8.7K 664 21
John has been depressed since his best friend Sherlock Holmes committed suicide whilst talking to him on the phone. Nearly a year later, John meets s...
149K 7.1K 19
John Watson and Sherlock Holmes slowly come to realize they are in love with each other, but are either of them willing to admit how they feel?
145K 6.6K 45
(Sequel to Believe In Sherlock) Maggie, Sherlock, and John are back...but so is Moriarty. Without ever having met the psychopath responsible to Sherl...