Until You're Mine (A Kim Jong...

By II_AKEMI_X

Exactly how does it feel like when the only thing you dear is taken away from you? With that feeling, Lee Min... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue

Chapter 5

1.4K 70 1
By II_AKEMI_X

Chapter 5 – Someone who will open the door

"Unni, he is scary," I said and sighed. "Don't worry, he won't do anything to you, I'll protect you" Unni said and made me smile. "Open your hand," I said cheekily. Unni slowly opened her hand, looking at me in anticipation and I grinned after I handed her my hand-made necklace. "I made this in school for you"

"That's so sweet, I'll really appreciate it. Now it's my turn to give you a gift" she said and removed her pendant necklace from her collar and tied it up on mine. It was a simple chain with a key as a pendant. "Why don't you give that to someone important in your life later?" she asked. "Huh, what do you mean?" I asked confused. "You are the only important person in my life," I said. "No, I mean when you grow up. When you find someone who will open the door for you"

-

I might admit that I never hated him. And I might admit that I liked the fact that he never lies to himself, unlike me, and is true to his feelings. And maybe, I was sometimes, may I stress the word sometimes, nice to him because he was the first person who approached me and accepted me as who I am, but all of it had its limits.

Eating instant Noodles at his house while watching a comedy show and laughing occasionally clearly crossed the limits. Heck, even strolling in the amusement park was a mistake.

If I give a quick reminder, we were not in a friend-friend type of relationship. He just randomly confessed to me a few weeks back that he has fallen for me, which I utterly do not believe since he only knew my name back then. Sometimes, I wonder if he still feels the same towards me.

"I still like you," he said and I turned to him wide-eyed. "You're so easy to read. Your question has been answered now" he casually said and continued watching TV and eating his food. "What is wrong with you?" I said and threw a pillow at him. "How can you say that so easily?"

"You know, your one nice gesture to help me was enough for me to fall for you. And when it comes to feelings, I never find it tough to express myself" he said. "It's getting late. I have to go now" I got up, took my belongings and made my way towards the door. It's better if I distance myself from him. "Sure, come again. This place seems more like a home when you're here" That were the last words I heard before I left.

I don't believe him. He says everything so easily as if he says these sentences to everyone. I shake my head and clutched on my chain so that these thoughts leave my mind and soundlessly walk back home.

The next day, I was greeted by Jae Wan in the recess. He was sitting right in front of me, staring at me deeply. "Can you stop staring? I am trying to eat" I stated and continued eating. "You are so hard to read. Even if I look at you for long, I still don't know what you are thinking.

"Well, that's the difference between you and me" Jonghyun pronounced as he joined us. Both of them had a staring contest for some seconds until Jae Wan removed his glare and continued eating. "If you really know her that well, then what is she thinking now?" Jae Wan replied challenging. "You guys really are stupid. Why don't you just continue eating without arguing?"

Finally, they listened to me and resumed eating in silence but this peacefulness only lasted a while because suddenly, a very fashionable and confident woman, around her mid-twenties entered the cafeteria. Everyone's eyes darted at her and it seemed like she was looking for someone. Once she saw our table, she smiled and walked towards us.

"Kim Jonghyun. What have you done now?" she asked and everyone looked at him. Surprisingly, Jonghyun looked concerned and nervous. Is that the Jonghyun I know? Jonghyun stood up, looking at her face to face, but failed to reply to her. Some seconds later he spoke. "You know that I didn't do it purposely"

"So you mean that you unintentionally beat up a gang? Really?" she asked sarcastically. Everyone looked surprised and I can't deny the fact that I was one of them too. "They were the ones who started it. I wonder how they found out about my personal life" he defended himself.

"I don't care who started it but this time you will go and explain it to mother. Just because you don't like to talk to them doesn't mean that I will be clearing up your mess all the time. I expect you to come by today, after school" she instructed and Jonghyun remained silent.

"Did you seriously come here just for that?" he asked and sighed. "Well, I had no choice. You hardly pick up the phone and you never show up at home. Moreover, it would be nice if I could see your face once in a while."

So the place I visited yesterday was not his permanent home? "Whatever" he exclaimed, sat down and continued eating. "See you around," she said and exited the cafeteria.

Even after she left, everybody still looked at Jonghyun, but he couldn't care less since he was drowned in his world, thinking about whatsoever. After the bell rang, he silently walked away, making me once again wonder about his family matters.

Some hours later, lessons finally ended and I was glad to know that tomorrow was Saturday. As I passed through daisy's class, I noticed that she wasn't there. Come to think of it, I haven't seen her around since we came back. Unfortunately, I haven't got her phone number and neither do I know where she lives.

"Student, aren't you friends with Kim Hayoon?" I turned around to face a teacher looking at me. "Me? Well, I wouldn't really say friends" I whispered. "But you were with her on the field trip. Anyway, here is her address. Why don't you try to convince her to come back to school?" the teacher said and handed me a slip. "Why isn't she coming to school?" I asked. "Well, we don't really know either" she replied and left.

"Shall I join you?" Jonghyun said and I turned around in shock. "Since when were you listening?" I asked. "Since the beginning," he said. "No thanks, I can manage alone," I said and started walking away. "Why not, it would be more fun with another person, right?" he asked and caught up with me.

"Shouldn't you go home now and apologize to your mother?" I asked seriously and he laughed. "Like I would do that. That is nothing important anyway, so let me join you"

Sighing, I allowed him to come with me since I knew that even if I refused his offer, he would still tag along. Why is that every time I want to distance myself from him the exact opposite happens? I just keep telling myself that this will be the last time I have anything to do with him but in the end, nothing near like that takes place.

Unlike me, Daisy lived far away from school. It took us about 45 minutes to get to her house and luckily, it wasn't awkward, instead there was a comfortable silence between us. But I didn't fail to notice that he was consequently chatting with a guy called Onew. First Taemin and now Onew. I wonder who these people are.

"This house should be it," I said as I looked at the address. "She sure is rich" I added and Jonghyun rang the doorbell. Some seconds later, the fancy house door opened and showed us a beautiful and elegant lady in her mid-forties. She had a glowing skin, but some wrinkles and her brown hair were tied in a neat bun. "Good afternoon, how may I help you?" she asked politely.

"Well, we are looking for Daisy, I mean Hayoon. Are you her mother?" I asked. "Yes, indeed I am. But may I ask who you are?" she replied. "We are her friends" Jonghyun stated and she looked a bit taken aback. "Really? She has friends?"

"In that case, please enter" she added and we followed her to the living room. "She hasn't come out from her room for a long time now. It would be nice if you could have a talk with her. Her room is on the second floor" she said and both of us made our way towards her room.

"Daisy? It's me. Can I enter your room?" I asked after I knocked on the door. "Mina? What are you doing here?" her faint voice asked shocked. "Just open the door first," Jonghyun said. "You are here too?" she asked as she opened the door.

Right after, Jonghyun shamelessly entered her messy room and sat down in her bed. "What are you doing?" I asked. "So tell me why you are not coming to school?" he asked ignoring me. I entered the room to and Daisy looked kind of speechless. "Well, that's so sudden" was the only thing she said.

"Sit down" he instructed she obeyed. "Is this her house or his?" I whispered to myself. Lately, I have been doing that a lot. "So spill the beans," he said and she played with her fingers. "Well, nothing really. I was just a bit tired"

"Sure, sure. Now the truth" he said unsatisfied. "Why do you care anyway," she said and chuckled. "Why should I not? Aren't we friends?" he asked. I don't know why but I feel like he said that with an intention. "Do I really have friends?" she asked. "You should know that they are just jealous. They are like that towards you because you are popular among the guys"

I don't understand anything anymore. "How do you know?" she asked shocked. "I just do," he said. "You know what, from tomorrow on, they won't bully you anymore," he said confidently. Who bullies Daisy?

"As if I would believe that," she said with narrow eyes. "Will you believe me this once?" he asked with a smile and I saw a faint blush on her cheeks? This is too confusing for me. For some seconds there was a complete silence. "Just this once," she said as she removed her gaze from him.

The next day, I was waiting in front Daisy's classroom. "I wonder if she will really come" Suddenly, Daisy shyly entered the class. Everybody looked at her and I didn't fail to notice that the most of the girls looked at her in a mocking way. "So little missy finally decided to show up in school"

Before I could walk to this girl and punch her right in the face, Jonghyun entered the class. Casually, he walked next to Daisy and slung his arm around her shoulder, shocking everybody including her.

"Daisy is my friend and the one who has a problem with her, has a problem with me. I'll be her shield so if you say or do anything to her, you'll be messing with me. So from now on, she is under my protection."

End of Chapter 5

This chapter is way longer than the other ones, so I hope you enjoy it.

NEXT UPDATE FROM NOW ON EVERY FRIDAY.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.8K 730 10
(completed) (edited) The daughter of a demon and the grandson of a world famous assassin. Two lost dark souls wandering in the dark. Will they find...
675K 33.4K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
286K 5.1K 18
" Marinette.... your pregnant?" The Ball, the dancing, the fun, the confessions, the danger, the challenges, and the love. It all leads to one thing...
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...