Deranged

By Its_Totally_Makayla

A mysterious tunnel stands in Carter's town. Ever since a little girl, she was told to always stay away from... More

Deranged
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Update
Hello...
IMPORTANT!
Rewritten version uploaded!

Chapter Two

509K 13.2K 21.1K
By Its_Totally_Makayla

I really appreciate the comments, thank you so much!
___________________________

Carter's Point of View

I struggled in his grip, letting out a painful whimper as soon as he started to growl in my ear,

"Didn't your daddy and mommy ever tell you not to go into the tunnel?" I flinched as soon as his grip around my waist tightened even more. I glanced down at the flashlight in my hand, an idea coming to mind. I began to kick and scream although it came out muffled in his hand. "If you keep struggling I might just have to tie you down."

My eyes widened and I couldn't help but attempt to free myself from his grip. I raised my left foot, kicking it back, hitting the man-because let's face it, no woman's voice is that deep-in the groin. He pulled back, groaning in pain as it had finally allowed me to escape. So I ran the way I came in. I never looked back, because surely I couldn't see a thing in this dark tunnel.

I finally exited the tunnel, greeting no friends sharing devious laughs together. Pushing the confusion away, I continued to run down the dirt road leading to my neighborhood. With the wind running through my hair and the adrenaline pumping in my veins, I was so close to home. I passed a few houses. Their lights had already been shut off as they were tucked in bed. It was midnight and I should have been in bed too.

I stumbled upon my home, jogging up the driveway, running out of breath. I saw no car in the driveway, meaning my parents weren't even home yet. But, it's midnight? They only went out to an auction for my mother's job. She told me they would be back at around eleven, and if not, an hour later.

I shook my head, pulling out a spare key I shoved into my pocket earlier. I pushed it into the key hole and twisted it before opening the door. I closed it and quickly locked the door, leaning my back against it. I let out a big sigh, finally able to catch my breath. My heart was still erratically beating through my chest as I walked up the steps and into my room.

I decided on taking a warm shower to let my mind run over what I had just encountered. I grabbed a towel and my pajamas before I walked into the hallway bathroom. I closed the door and locked it before I turned on the shower. Looking in the mirror, my eyes grew wide and my mouth slightly open. This can't be happening.

A big bloody handprint was shown over my mouth and spread to my cheeks.

"Oh my God," I whispered, shaking my head as I quickly grabbed a dark towel. I sat on the counter and tried to scrape off the blood on my face. I slightly succeeded and threw the towel in the dirty hamper. I undressed myself and slipped into the shower, letting the hot water soak my body. It was actually relaxing me for once.

I let my thoughts drain my mind as I washed my hair. What kind of friends do I have? Backstabbers. They like to take advantage of me because I am a year younger than they are; so what? I think they pushed it too far this time. I don't ever want to see or talk to them, they really scared me.

That man in the tunnel. He didn't sound like an adult. He sounded a bit like Ryder but this voice was even deeper. I vow to never go back to that creepy tunnel. I don't want to see the tunnel or my friends at all.

I sighed and turned off the water, stepping out and wrapping the towel around my body. I dried myself before I got dressed into my black sweatpants and my white t-shirt. I placed my other clothes in the dirty hamper before stepping out of the bathroom. I pulled on a sweatshirt, feeling Goosebumps rise to my skin. I picked up my phone from the bedside table and unlocked it.

I had received a text from my mother ten minutes ago. I clicked the message and read it,

To: Carter, From: Mom

We will be home a bit late. Your father ate something bad and now we are at the hospital, but he is ok. Be safe and lock all of the doors before going to bed.

I furrowed my eyebrows and rolled my eyes. Sure he ate something bad. She always makes up excuses so they could have a little fun with each other before coming home. How do I know that? I had secretly caught them in the action once, and let's just say I am scarred and always will be.

I placed my phone back of the bedside table and pulled out the covers before getting in bed. I placed the covers on top of me and turned the lamp off. I got comfy and closed my eyes. The next morning, I will hopefully forget everything happened and move on; as if that will be easy.

• • •

My eyes snapped open once I heard a loud bang suddenly erupt from the corner of my room. I furrowed my eyebrows and sat up, glancing at the clock that read, 3:59 am. I looked around my quiet room, wondering what had just happened. Slowly laying back down, I closed my eyes. But only to have them snap open again once a hand was slapped over my mouth, blocking my screaming and yelling.

Not again, please!

I stared at the intruder, and all I could see were strands of curly hair in the darkness of my room-I know I said I hated darkness; I swear this is the closest I will ever get to it. I started squirming once the intruder climbed on my bed, placing their legs on both sides of me. He pulled something out of his pocket and tied it around my wrists. I furiously shook my head and begged him to stop, but I knew he couldn't hear it and he wouldn't listen to me. He pulled out one more thing and tied it over my mouth.

He suddenly got off the bed and flung my on his shoulder before walking out of my room. I clenched my eyes closed and banged on his back, my sobs becoming a bit loud. He started walking faster as soon as he escaped from my house with me over his shoulder.

"Shut the hell up! Wouldn't want that pretty little face o'yours to be ruined, now would we?" He suddenly spoke. I immediately stopped crying, my eyes widening.

It's him. He's the man in the tunnel. His voice, it's the same voice.

I wanted so badly to know where he was taking me. But, why me? And how had he known where I lived? I soon recognized the familiar path he was walking along. This path only lead to one place, and that place was the tunnel.

I began begging through the cloth, wanting him to stop walking towards the tunnel. There was no use in telling him to put me down and bring me back to my house. Everything around me became dark and my muffled yelling was the only thing to be heard. As we got deeper into the tunnel, he finally stopped and threw me on the ground. I couldn't see a thing, but it was as if he could.

I flinched at the sight of the tiny match in his hand that suddenly lit up. My eyes trailed up to his face, my mouth slightly-opened as I finally got a chance to see who he was. He looked young, around my age-which is nineteen. I tried to speak up, but soon realized a piece of cloth was still covering my mouth. He chuckled and walked around the tunnel before picking up a big stick and lighting it on fire.

He blew out the match and tossed it behind him as soon as the torch like object started to glow more. He walked back over to me and finally untied the cloth, pulling it away from my mouth.

"W-What do you want from me?" I immediately asked him.

"Whoa, getting right to it, are we?" He smirked and chuckled, kneeling down in front of me. "I don't want that mouth of yours blabbing about what had happened earlier, and I plan on keeping it that way. If that's ok with you, of course?" He explained, adding a hint of sarcasm to his last few words.

"I won't tell anyone, I was never going to! I promise!" I pleaded to him, hoping he just might let me go.

"You don't get it," He smirked and shook his head.

"Get what?" I whispered, tilting my head so that I was staring at my hands.

"Damn, just let me rest for a second," He mumbled quite rudely might I add. He sat down and rubbed his tired eyes as I couldn't help the sarcasm when I mumbled these words,

"It's been a second."

If only you could see the fear in my eyes when he stopped moving and shifted his gaze over to me. He suddenly grabbed a tight hold of my jaw, leaning forward and pulling my face closer to his.

"Do you really wanna get fucking smart with me?" He growled, his eyebrows furrowed in an angry manner. I attempted to shake my head, but his hands kept my face straight.

"N-No," I finally mumbled, my chin trembling at the sight of how close we were to touching faces.

"That's what I thought," He whispered, gritting his teeth together. He finally let go of my jaw, allowing me to pull back and stare at the burning wood in his hand.

"Can I ask a question?" I asked politely as he stood up from the ground. Didn't he just say he needed to rest?

"You just did," He laughed and started walking further down the tunnel. I immediately stood and possessed myself to follow him. He knows where I live, he would just come back for me.

"What are you doing in this tunnel?" I asked him, ignoring his previous comment. He stopped walking, his back still facing me.

"I'm a runaway," He answered, my eyes slightly widening. "But I'm not a normal one."

___________________________
I apologize if this chapter was terrible.

P.S. Tate and Violet are my life. #AmericanHorrorStory haha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

706 20 56
After the destruction of herself and her family, Sarah and Carter begin their journey of adulthood as the entity harbors them. Doing things they wish...
2.5K 74 29
Bailey Maze is a 21 year old who is shy around people she doesn't know. out with her friend at the mall Bailey get's bumped into by no other the...
267K 7.8K 53
*One Direction fanfic, mainly Harry Styles* -The entire British society is a supernatural population- Every human is in hiding. Every creature is in...
856 94 30
~* Bad decisions make great stories *~ A Harry Styles dark romance that explores the intricacies of mental health, morality and sexual attraction. En...