Teenage Tips

By lovealanaxo_

I started writing this book when I was 16, and now I'm turning 20 this year!! All of these tips will be based... More

WORKOUT ROUTINE ♡
POWER OF KINDNESS ♡
DANCE: BACK FLEXIBILITY ♕
YOUR BEDROOM ♡
YOUTUBE CHANNEL ♡
SELF PROFILE ♡
SCHOOL EVENTS ♡
DRINKING WATER ♡
PARTIES ♡
MAKEOVER SERIES ☆
Makeover Series: HAIR ☆
Makeover Series: BODY ☆
Makeover Series: STYLE ☆
Makeover Series: HEALTH ☆
Makeover Series: FACE ☆
INSTAGRAM ♡
PART TIME DANCING FOR FREE ♡
SNAPCHAT ♡
LIPS ♡
YOUR DESK ♡
HOW TO SURVIVE P.E ♡
PICKING YOUR FRIENDS ♡
WINTER AT SCHOOL ♡
EXAM STUDY TIPS ♡
BEING COMFORTABLE ♡
NATURAL MAKEUP LOOK ♡
PARTY PLANNING ♡
STAY YOUNG! ♡
DANCE: BALANCE ♕
BUILDING UP FRIENDSHIPS ♡
MANAGING YOUR TIME ♡
SCHOOL TIPS ♡
ORGANISING SUBJECTS ♡
FACE ☼
CHRISTMAS
SCHOOL CAMP ♡♡
DANCE AUDITION EXPERIENCE
UPDATE!!!
NEW SERIES: SELF LOVE 💓
PART 1: PHYSICAL FEATURES 💓
EYELASHES 💓
New Years Resolutions 🎉
So...
NEW BOOK ❀❀❀
covid sucks

BODY ☼

2.3K 50 19
By lovealanaxo_

This is probably one of the biggest issues both boys and girls face with. That is not loving their bodies. This is probably one of the hardest and most judgemental things that we could hate about ourselves. A lot of things come into this. People get embarrassed because they think they're "too fat" or "too skinny". Honestly, id rather be fat and fit rather than skinny and weak. There are ways as to accept your body and embrace your curves. Here are some ways that you can start to feel comfortable and improve your body.

WAYS TO IMPROVE HOW YOU SEE YOUR BODY:

1. Clothes- honestly the clothes you wear play a huge part in how you view your body. It's important to wear something that is comfortable. Comfortable in ways that you won't be pulling on it or pulling down your top because your stomach is showing. Try and find clothes that embrace and show off your best body features, whether it's your arms, curves, bum, stomach, ankles, etc. also you need to make sure your clothes fit you. The worst thing in my opinion is wearing clothes that keep falling off. Things that are too tight are also uncomfortable, but I find that better than something that keeps falling off. Make sure when you plan your outfits that you make sure you feel comfortable and you could spend all day without even touching your clothes, or even think about them. Also at school, it's a suggestion to maybe show a little less skin and come more comfortable. Things like flowy dresses are amazing because they are cute and you can dress them down with a sweater on top and make them look super casual. If you are embarrassed about how fat your body looks in your clothes, find clothes that make you feel good. Find a pair of jeans that make your legs look amazing, or a top that makes your stomach look small.

2. Healthy Eating- a lot of people who want to either loose or gain weight, make the mistake of either eating too much fatty foods or cutting out a lot of food all together. It's important to know that to gain a healthy weight, you need to eat healthier. This goes for both people who want to loose weight and gain weight. Eating healthy does not mean cut out all carbs and junk food and just eat fruit and vegetables all day. That is most definitely not what healthy eating is all about. Don't confuse the words diet with healthy eating. Healthy eating is contributing every part of the food group to your diet. That is dairy, grains/cereals, nuts, vegetables, fruit, meat/poultry and the sometimes foods. There are some days where maybe you need more of one food group such as dancers may eat more carbs when they have dancing that day. On a day where you are probably going to be sitting around a lot, maybe studying or at school if you don't have sport subjects, you may eat more of the fruits and vegetables, maybe like a salad that day. Regardless of what you're doing that day, you really should be eating from every food group. Also if you know if you're having say pasta for dinner, you know that you can have less carbs that day, but that doesn't mean you cut out carbs altogether. Sometimes foods are so important to have everyday as if you cut them out altogether, you will start to crave it and binge eat, especially if it's in your pantry. Mini little chocolate bars or lamingtons for example, are perfect little snacks to have at school so you have some foods that are more pleasing to the taste buds. Museli bars are also amazing because they're a great snack that is low in fat. Another thing is to have big meals for breakfast lunch and dinner. Having small meals will make you hungry in between and will make you binge eat.

3. Getting fit- getting fit does not by any means relate to going to the gym and working out intensely everyday to get abs. Not by any means. Getting fit should be a fun thing, not an intense thing, especially if you're not used to it at all. Of course if you enjoy going to the gym and working out intensely like me, then do that. But there are other ways to get fit that can seem more fun. Simple things like skipping, shopping, yoga, Pilates, waking, running, riding you bike, hiking, playing sport, dancing, swimming and going to things like the waterpark or theme parks. Anything like that is an amazing workout, that is also really fun in the process. You won't even think you're working out, but you are. Getting fit is simply just going outside and staying active. But remember that it is also ok to relax sometimes and have a home day.

4. Posture- you'd be surprised how much posture can contribute to you looking a different weight.

There are different little exercises you can do to improve your posture. Like in ballet, you improve your posture through it. Things like pulling your neck back, pressing your shoulders down, sitting up straight, pushing your hips forwards, etc.

4. Hair- I find it very important to regularly remove body hair. Things like waxing or shaving, or even creaming. A lot of people are conscious of their body hair and will literally wear like pants on a hot day just because they have hairy legs. Always take pride in your body and regularly remove body hair. I also find it more clean and hygienic as hair can pick up and keep a lot of chemicals and things that are around. Areas to remove hair from include legs, feet, arms, hands, private areas, chest, eyebrows, moustache, etc. I find it a bit more convenient to shave as you can do it more regularly. Waxing is amazing as it keeps your legs smooth and your hairs soft, but I also find it inconvenient as you have to wait until the hair grows fully back, which can take up to 2-4 weeks, before you can wax again. I am a type of person that cannot wait that long as I wear leotards and little dance outfits everyday. I do wax though as of course it isn't my choice yet while I still have a mum, but once I'm older I'm definitely going down the shaving route for my legs especially and my arms. For waxers, I think cream is a great alternative option for when you desperately need something waxed but your hairs haven't grown back fully. I always do this for things like weddings and dancing, or even like when I'm going to be wearing bathers.

5. Tan- I find it very appealing to see people tanned personally. That doesn't mean that everyone with white skin needs to tan right now! If you want your skin to be more tanned, using fake tan or even like tanning lotions is not a bad thing, you don't even need to be embarrassed about it. A tanning lotion I would suggest more because it's better for you than normal fake tan. If you want to tan the al natural way, then please I advise you to be very careful and to apply sunscreen every 2 hours or so, if you're swimming then maybe every hour depends. I just think that being more tanned can really help you look healthier and will give you a natural glow. But at the same time, do not feel bad if your skin is white or it burns easily. Being white isn't a bad thing, it's actually a really pretty look that some people much prefer to those who are tanned. Embrace your skin, it's truly you, and those who judge are immature and are most likely wishing they could be as confident in their skin as you.

6. Workout- working out is a really good thing to get into if you want a good body or you just want to get fit. It's a bit of a commitment, but once you start getting into it, the results will be amazing. You can workout anywhere, at home or at the gym. When you workout, you can't just jump into doing a full on hour workout of these really intense workouts. No way! That will make you hate it and will unmotivate you to do it again. Just start with a short workout with some sets of exercises that don't put too much strain on your body afterwards. And then slowly progress and workout more intensely and longer once your mind and body get used to it. Also do your research to see what workouts to do for specific areas.

7. Muscles- when I see a person with muscles, I honestly just love it. It makes them look really healthy and fit. Of course, not too much muscle or else I think it looks really weird. Toning things like your abs, calves, bum and can be really good for your strength and the overall way you look. If you want muscles, but don't want them to look too bulky, then after each workout exercise, you need to stretch that muscle out completely. You will still get the toning, but it won't be bulky like a males. I think it just looks really nice to see ladies with abs, instead of ribs. I'd rather be fat and fit than skinny and weak. Always think about being healthy and fit, not too skinny like those poor models that are forced to loose weight in short amount of times, ending up making them starve. Be comfortable in your body, if people start to judge you because you don't look anorexic, that's their problem. Don't risk your life just to impress people who don't really matter, and obviously don't really care for your health. Your health and safety is number one, so please don't starve yourselves!!

8. Curves- I'm so glad that in this generation curves are starting to be embraced and loved, because that's how it should be. Everyone who grows up will get curves, it's a part of life. It doesn't mean you're getting fat or anything like that, it just means your growing up. Honestly, just embrace the curves you have, because trust me, they look amazing on everyone. And if you don't have curves and feel insecure, don't be! Curves isn't the thing that makes everyone's bodies look amazing, you can make your body look amazing if you wear the right clothes, and if you feel comfortable, then nobody will even think about judging.

9. Drinking water- this is so important for our bodies. Nowadays I see people who don't even drink at all sometimes!! Drinking is so important for everything about your body and your skin and just everything!! You should be drinking 2 litres a day, or at least 1. Keeping a drink bottle is so important and having sips all day is so important. Drinking water cleans out your body, makes your skin clearer and less oily, which improves acne and sweat. It also is good for when your tanning and when it's summer to stay hydrated. Not drinking water can also make you have sleep problems, which is not good for your body at all.

And that's it!! I hope my tips will help you guys embrace your bodies and will help you to start improving yourselves to make you more fit, healthy, awake and hydrated!!

Everyone needs to be less judgmental over our bodies, there's no reason to judge someone so harshly just because of their weight. Embrace your curves and compliment everyone else's!!!

I want everyone to compliment someone on their bodies today ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ make someone smile and feel good about themselves! SPREAD THE POSITIVITY!!!

Hope your enjoying my loving yourself series!!!!

Until next time

Stay pretty

Alana xoxoxoxoxox

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.5K 938 25
206K 4.8K 54
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
268K 7.8K 133
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."
95.4K 3.6K 20
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !