Puzzles: The Missing Piece

By aqilthebro

In the corrupt city of Oceania, a priceless gemstone was stolen. Now, it's up to Kallus and his friends to fi... More

Chapter 1: Summer
Chapter 2: The Journey
Chapter 3: Our First Day
Chapter 4: Guests
Chapter 6: Where is it?
Chapter 7: let's Go!
Chapter 8: The Big Hall
Chapter 9: Finally!
Chapter 10: Car Struggles
Chapter 11: Theft
Chapter 12: Crime Scene
Chapter 13: Oh shoot, duck!
Chapter 14: Band-Aids Don't Fix Bullet Holes
Chapter 15: The Worst Day Of His Life
Chapter 16: Investigation
Chapter 17: Suspects
Chapter 18: Spying
Chapter 19: Point Of View
Chapter 20: A New Mystery
Chapter 21: The Stone!
Chapter 22: John Doe
Chapter 23: Police Station
Chapter 24: Sebastian
Chapter 25: Family Ties
Chapter 26: Operation Argo
Chapter 27: Vroom!
Chapter 28: The Missing Piece
Chapter 29: A Case Of Arson
Chapter 30: Aroo!
Chapter 31: In The Cold Air Of The Night
Chapter 32: A Familiar Place
Chapter 33: Revelation
Chapter 34: Elementary
Chapter 35: The End?
Chapter 36: Calamity
Chapter 37: Aftermath
Chapter 38: Departure

Chapter 5: The Artifact

75 6 6
By aqilthebro

Mr. Caine placed the briefcase on the coffee table which, in fact, was from the 1800s.
He looked at us, "Kallus, Garry, come and see this." His smile got wider. We could see his excitement from his eyes.

We walked towards him. "Please, be very careful," he said. Then, he put the combination. Snap! The briefcase was opened.

Mr. Caine lifted the top half of the briefcase. He gave a laugh, "It's beautiful!If I could, I would marry it!" he exclaimed.

We looked inside the briefcase. There, we found a large red gemstone the size of a smartphone which was placed neatly inside a foam cutout. It looked like a cuboid with it edges cut.

"Wow!" said Garry "what is that?"

"That, Garry, is a priceless gemstone that was found in Borneo. Ever since I heard they discovered it, I immediately made a few phone calls and emails," he said.

"How long did it took to arrive?" I asked.

"Approximately 6 months" he answered.

I grinned, "That's a long wait"

"It was worth the wait. I'm glad it came in one piece," he replied.

"Where are you gonna place it?" asked Garry.

"Last week, I ordered a glass display case for it. It should arrive tomorrow" he responded. He took three pairs of cotton gloves and gave us one each. "Wear this if you want to hold it."

While we were putting on the gloves, Mr. Caine was already holding and examining the stone. After a few minutes of 'wows', he handed the stone to Garry.

"It's quite heavy." he said "here." he handed the stone to me. I took it.

When I was examining it, I saw something glinted on the middle part of the stone. I squinted my eyes. Inscribed on the middle was writing fashioned like a poem. The writing was so little you could hardly see it. The inscription said:

Thou who reads, a quest foretold,

To find the pieces left untold,

With the pieces, all combined,

Thou shall achieve wealth and knowledge,

far beyond the human mind.

After I read it, my mind became blank. I felt like I was the only human being on Earth. My vision went black.
Suddenly, I heard a voice. "Kallus....." it said. "Kallus!" I regained my vision. I looked around my surroundings. I was sitting on the floor. I was panting. My body was soaked with sweat. I was really tired. Mr. Caine knelt on my left side. On my right side, Garry was looking at me. His face was filled with relief. On his hand was a pack of smelling salts. I frowned. "What happened?" I asked.

"Well, you kinda collapsed to the floor," he answered.

"How long was I out cold?" I ruffled my hair.

"About half an hour," he responded.

I stood up. Then, I suddenly remembered, "The stone!" I panicked, "Where is it? Did I broke it?" I exclaimed.

"Relax Kallus,"said Mr.Caine, "It fell on the fur rug. It is now safely kept in the briefcase. Just stop worrying about the stone okay. It's safe. We should be worrying about you. Go upstairs have a good nights rest. If you need anything just ask me okay." he smiled.

"Thank you, Mr. Caine," I said. He nodded and went to the kitchen.

"Let's go upstairs," I said to Garry, "I'm tired."

He smiled, "Let's go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

299 76 22
Four Best Friends, go up and down, round and round while searching for a diamond that two of them are entitled to have. The biggest criminal of the t...
392 58 8
BOY WONDER is a story of a boy trying to figure out about his new found mysterious powers and his dark past.
15K 1.5K 45
📖Featured by @adultfiction on "Kills and Thrills" reading list📖 Previously known as "Undercover: Fake Identity" *** "What are you running away from...
83 1 23
Galina's life has been in turmoil for the past year. With the fall of the government, her family was torn apart. Now, gang's run the streets and ever...