Flame [Mx3] ✔

By bluecrayola

[Can be a stand alone!][Book 3] {Valleyside Pack} Christopher, Nicholas, and Caroline are first born triplets... More

Warning
Prologue
Chapter 1 - New Town, New School
Chapter 2 - Strange People
Chapter 3 - The Triplets
Chapter 4 - Guilty Rule-Breaking
Chapter 5 - The Kiss
Chapter 6 - Who To Choose
Chapter 7 - Bathroom Heat
Chapter 8 - The Secret
Chapter 9 - New Realizations
Chapter 10 - Questions
Chapter 11 - Consequences
Chapter 12 - Looking For Trouble
Chapter 13 - Unforgettable Past
Chapter 15 - Claim
Chapter 16 - Accidental Shift
Chapter 17 - Twice The Heat
Chapter 18 - You've Got To Be Kidding Me
Chapter 19 - Bonding
Chapter 20 - Wolves
Chapter 21 - Experimenting
Chapter 22 - The Pack
Chapter 23 - The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 24 - Family Protects Family
Chapter 25 - Birthday Sex?
Chapter 26 - He's Here
Chapter 27 - The Past
Chapter 28 - Fighting Back
Chapter 29 - Milo?
Chapter 30 - Aftermath
Chapter 31 - Awake
Epilogue
Found - Prologue

Chapter 14 - The Move

20.2K 821 175
By bluecrayola

Flame

Chapter 14 - The Move

.

I grab my shirt and fold it before placing it inside the box, with all of my other shirts. The room was a little light and it felt oddly weird to leave it. I mean, it had few memories, but they were good nonetheless and it would just be... weird to leave them. Considering we were only moving houses and not state this time.

My eyes travel around the room to see if everything was packed and let out a breath when I see it was. A clearing of a throat makes me turn to the door and my eyes land on my brother, who had a small scowl on his face, arms crossed in displeasure. "You're done packing?"

I nod as I close the box, touching it slowly, "Yeah. There wasn't much to pack" I admit and make my way over to him, slowly sliding into his arms, which wrapped around me and tightened. "Thank you" I whisper truthfully, pressing my face into his chest.

"Brandon, is that the last box?" Lukas calls out from somewhere in the house.

My brother makes a sound of utter irritation as he scowled, eyes looking down at me. I smile a little, "Yeah" I answer and grin at my brother before adding, "I'll take this one."

There's steps and my eyes travel to Christopher as he pauses at the doorway. My brother tightens his arms, turning his scowl to my mate before moving me to the side. Christopher sends me a look, electric eyes glowing before he made his way to pick up my last box. Then he brushes past my brother a little too pleased while my brother scowled even more, "I fucking hate these guys" he mutters under his breath.

I grin up at him, "You're supposed to" I shrug and pull away from his arms before adding, "You're supposed to hate my boyfriends."

Ian makes a sound, "Did it have to be two?" he demands icily. "One of them is enough to make me want to be alone for eternity."

I laugh, "Hey, I didn't ask for two. Though I'm not complaining."

My brother scowls before tilting his head to the door, "Come on. That was the last of it."

Christopher, Lukas, and two other men were here to help put the boxes inside the car. Gabbie was telling them how she wanted them- she was overly excited. Technically, we didn't need more hands other than our own, but Nicholas insisted they come with us. I had a feeling the two other men were here just to watch around the house. I didn't say anything about that- it made me feel safer.

Christopher was driving and I was sitting next to him on the front seat. Ian was sitting at the back with Gabbie, who was talking to him excitedly. It was a wonder that she got along with him because so far she was the only one. Then again, my brother wasn't trying.

By the time we get to the house, I'm a little excited as Christopher parks the car. I grin over at him, flushing when he leaned over to press his lips on mine. Then I remember my brother and flush even more as I slide out of the car, looking up when I saw Nicholas coming out with Aaron and Will. Christopher makes a small sound, "Mom is taking them shopping. For once I don't feel bad about that." That probably meant Vanessa liked to shop way too much. "They have close to nothing."

My brother scowls, "It's easier to move around when you have less things" he snaps.

I sigh a little before Nicholas makes his way over, his hand brushing my cheek before pressing his lips on mine lightly. "Go inside" he urges, "Take your brother, will you? He'll probably gut us for touching your stuff."

A laugh leaves my lips and I nod before dragging my brother towards the house and into the living room where the others were. With his broken arm, my brother couldn't lift any boxes and that made him angry. We sit on the couch as Milo leans back on his own seat, "The rooms are prepared already. We-"

"I call Brandon!" Christopher shouts from the doorway.

"Fuck off" Nicholas counters. "He's with me."

My brother makes a sound of displeasure, "He's not sleeping with either of you" he snaps, which has me flushing on my spot. He turns to me, "Your own room" he states.

Milo gives my brother a look, "Their mating will be very soon, Ian. While it does set claim on him, it is necessary to keep your brother safe."

"I do not want to talk about my little brother sleeping with anyone" he growls out.

I flush even more, "Can you wait until I'm not here- or something?"

Milo rolls his eyes at me before turning to my brother, "Through their mating, Christopher and Nicholas will be connected to Brandon. It will help in knowing where he is, how he's feeling, and eventually if he's safe or not. This can help greatly should anything happen."

"I still don't like any of this creepy werewolf shit" he grumbles. "Fucking creepy bastards" he adds.

"You don't have to" Milo assures which has my brother looking at him icily, "It will keep Brandon safe and that is all that matters. Once you and he are inducted into the pack, anyone in town will be able to recognize you and eventually step in to keep you two safe. Until then, the mating is our best option. Besides, werewolves are very possessive creatures. Christopher and Nicholas have suppressed their urge to claim Brandon for the sake of him not knowing about us. Seeing as he does, in fact, know about us, it won't be long before their wolves make a move to finish the mating."

My brother scowls but doesn't say anything in return. I move towards him and snuggle into his side, his good arm sliding around my shoulder to pull me close. We hadn't talked about this whole situation between us. Then again, I hadn't talked to Christopher or Nicholas alone since yesterday and I knew they craved to ask questions or- like I knew Nicholas wanted- simply hold me. It was still a mess.

"Gage will be coming over tomorrow" Milo says and I nod with a small smile. He was terrifying, but it was good to know he and Milo were good friends. Milo turns to my brother, "He's an ally pack- on our eastern border. You two came from our Southeastern border. I can only assume he will too. For now, do you want to come with me and the others so we can learn more about who is after you? We have a map that could help."

My brother hesitates but I give his side a small squeeze and he sighs with a nod. He turns to me, as if to tell me to stay inside when he remembers where we were. He resorts to brushing my hair back before standing and following after Milo. Probably to the room with the black table. Once he's gone, I look back to Cody and watch as he tilts his head a little from beside Michael. The next half hour is spent with us talking, Christopher and Nicholas going up to join the others after giving me a kiss. We talked more about them, about how packs worked.

It was only when I turn to Lukas' uncles that I feel a wave of embarrassment hit me and I look down while touching my glasses. Cody hums a little to get my attention, "I know how you feel" he finally says.

My throat closes a little and I raise my eyes, heart pounding. "I don't need your pity" I return, turning away from them both. I could see Lukas beside Gabby and the others so I don't turn their way either. Basically, I look down because if I turned to my left, I would see Cody and Michael, then I would see Gabbie and the guys, or I would see Lane and Dexter.

"I don't like pity" Cody says and I watch him warily as he leaves Michael to come sit next to me. He smiles, "I know how you feel because I felt like that too" he says and I furrow my brows at that. He shrugs slowly, "My father touched me too."

My heart skips a beat in my chest, my mouth going dry. I open my mouth but nothing comes out and I simply stare at him. "What?" I finally whisper.

His hand reaches and takes mine into his own, "Aaron and me were separated when we were babies. Our mom was killed and Aaron was found by this pack. Our dad took me." He takes a small breath, "I grew up being touched and being sold. I didn't know he was my dad then, but when I escaped and ran, I came here. Then I found Michael." He smiles a little, "He saved me."

I lower my eyes, "I don't get it" I whisper thickly. "Why they did this. I thought... I mean... I see Aaron with Lukas and... I don't get it."

Cody hums a little, "Me neither" he states before letting out a breath, "Milo killed our dad and everything was better."

I flinch a little, closing my eyes with a shake of my head, "I know... I know he hurt me and I know he still wants to hurt me... but he's our dad. I... I don't want him to die. He... he needs help."

"Maybe he doesn't want help" Cody states softly. My eyes flick down to his neck before looking away quickly. "He tried to kill me" Cody says as he releases my fingers to touch his neck. "He was always bad and he wanted to be like that."

I lick my lips, "I just..." I let out a breath. "I never met my mom. Ian... Ian had four years with her. I don't know her, I don't know what she was like, how she smelled, how she felt. I don't know any of that. And the only parent I have is him- I don't want him to die either."

Cody looks at me as I push my glasses up, "I didn't have a mom either. I didn't want Richard to be my dad so I told Milo's dad, Viktor-" he smiles a little, as if fond of the memory. "If he could be my dad and he said yes."

"Not all of us have a Viktor" I whisper.

Cody shrugs a little and smiles, "You're good, Brandon. You feel for him. You're very nice. But sometimes people aren't meant to be nice to."

.

My eyes lock on them as long as I could before I step into the room and they were no longer in my sight. I let out a breath and step into my room as my brother closes the door behind us. He sits down on the edge of the bed, looking around while I take a seat next to him, turning my head towards him. His shoulders were a slightly slumped and I bump his shoulder a little, "Are you okay?" I ask silently.

He turns his eyes to me and offers a smile, though I know it's a little forced. "Yeah" he murmurs. I raise an eyebrow and he laughs lightly before shaking his head, almost defeated. "Four years" he murmurs and raises his eyes to look around once more, "and I could never give you any of this."

My eyes literally water and I have to blink quickly, my throat closing and my nose going runny. I turn my face to his shoulder and grip his arm, "Ian" I choke out weakly. His arm slides around me and practically locks me beside him. "I don't... I wouldn't choose these luxuries over you. I never would."

"It doesn't mean I could never give you any of this" he whispers. "I've tried so hard, Brandon. I will never be able to give you everything you want."

"I already have everything I want" I choke out. "I don't want anything else. I don't need anything else. I'm happy. I really am- and it's not because of this. I'm happy because I still have you. I will always want you with me, Ian. You're my brother."

"And they're your soul mates. I can't ever compare to that." He turns to look at me and cups my face, brushing my cheeks. "I'm happy for you. I really am. I don't like them and I don't think I ever will, but if what they say is true... then I accept it. I really am happy for you."

I smile weakly, "Its true. I feel it."

He turns my face to him and presses my head to his chest, mouth lowering to press a small kiss on my forehead. "Just... just promise me that you will tell me if they hurt you- in any way. Then I'll fucking gut them- werewolves or not."

I laugh softly with a small nod, "I promise."

.

A hand brushes my forehead and the small pulsing there immediately disappears, a small sigh leaving my lips as I tried to snuggle closer into the warmth. The warmth traveled down my throat and along my spine, leaving me a relaxed mess. I feel the hand travel along my jaw before it touched my shoulder and I finally open my eyes, looking up to meet electric blue eyes. "Hey" Christopher- or Nicholas?- says before brushing my hair. "Didn't mean to wake you" he adds.

I shake my head a little- I didn't mind. I clear my throat and a flush meets my cheeks when I realize I probably had been snoring- Ian said I did. "God, don't look at me!" I groan in embarassment, turning my face to my pillow, "I'm probably slobbering!"

Christopher- or Nicholas?- simply grins and I push away from him, standing up. I give him a look before jumping from the bed, grabbing my glasses, and making my way into the bathroom attached to the room. I make quick work of peeing before brushing my teeth and going back out, rolling my eyes when I see his brother had joined.

My eyes fall on the clock and I groan at the time, "It's two in the morning!" I groan before making my way to the bed and dropping facedown, snuggling on the sheets. "I thought it was morning" I mumble. "Go away or join me." They both slide into the bed and I'm left completely warm at the hot bodies on either side of me. I try to go back to sleep but it was impossible now so I simply turn to my back and sigh. "Well."

One of the brothers touches my jaw and I sigh in contentment, tilting my head towards him. "How long have you known about us?" he asks.

I hum a little, giving a guilty smile, "Lukas told me a while back. The, um, night he was originally supposed to tell me."

His eyes narrow a little on a scowl, "Why do you tell us now?" he asks, his hand lowering to my jaw and to rest on my neck. His eyes glow teasingly, "We could have been mated a long time ago."

I flush and shrug, turning around to face his brother, who was studying me. "I just needed... time... to process it all. Ian and I were still leaving and... I was scared" I admit. "I didn't want to leave anymore."

I sit up before turning around and crossing my legs, "So you're okay with all of this? With us?"

"Yeah" I admit and look down after pushing my glasses up. "I am. It's... Its weird, but... it doesn't feel wrong."

I don't know which of the two smiles, but it makes my insides tremble all the same. "Do you have any questions for us?"

I nod shyly and look down, "Lukas never... he never really said anything about... you know... what I'm supposed to do... with you two on the... pack."

"It's simple" one of them says. "We don't expect you to really do anything. It's not that we don't want you to do anything either. As our mate, you're just expected to provide... balance. Only you are really able to keep us- and our wolves- in check should we ever lose it. Basically, you keep us sane, you make us really be at full capacity to protect this pack."

"Other than that" his brother adds, my eyes travelling to him, "With the pack, you also provide a sort of calmness. Simply conversing with the pack or being there. You will fully meet them after we mate, but them simply seeing you will ease us all. You're... you're the future of this pack- in a way."

I bite my lower lip hard and lower my gaze, "What about... babies? I can't... I obviously can't have babies. Aren't I supposed to, you know- isn't that the future?"

One of them chuckles and I raise my eyes back up, watching the brother to my left roll his eyes before the brother to my right shrugs, "Not technically. Our sister, Caroline, is an alpha too. The title belongs to the three of us so its a pretty stable leadership. Her kid will be the next alpha- her first born will. Since Lukas is the beta, his first born will be the beta."

I wring my fingers on my lap, "Didn't you two ever want kids? I can't give you that."

"We don't need kids right now" one of them says, relaxing me a little. "We need you safe first. In a couple years, we can always adopt. Most of my uncles have done that. Okay?"

I nod with a small exhale and push my glasses up again, "When are we having sex?" I finally ask, blushing furiously when one of them chokes on a breath. "If... if you know... if you want. We don't have to if you don't want to" I add in a rush, wishing I could sink beneath the covers.

"Brandon" one of them says, "We-... are... after what you told us today..."

My stomach sank. Of course they wouldn't want to touch me now. I was... I was used. I was dirty. Everything in me suddenly ached. I look down with a shallow breath, "Oh. Okay... uh.." God don't cry right now. "Okay... Its okay" I assure weakly.

"Wait, don't take this the wrong way" his brother adds quickly, my heart pounding in my chest. "There is nothing more we want than to complete our mating. Nothing has changed. Its just..."

"Are you sure you want to sleep with us?" his brother continues again. My eyes raise to them. "You'd have to sleep with both of us, Brandon. Are you ready to have us both?"

I let out a wheezy exhale, rolling my eyes as they watered a little, "I'm not scared of sex" I say softly. "I'm not. I'm just... I'm scared it won't be with either of you."

That seems to make their eyes narrow, one of them leaning forward a little intimidating, "No one else will have you, Brandon. You are ours now. Only ours and if anyone dares lay a finger on you, we will tear them apart."

Somehow I knew they were talking about my father.

.

7/31/17

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 1K 61
More than two decades after Lukas Emerald first met his mate and future Luna, Clementine Reign, came the triplet Alphas: Godric, Griffin, and Gabriel...
86K 2.7K 41
They both have broken pasts that used to shine with the love they felt, now though now it is different the only thing they feel is pain, sadness, and...
110K 3.4K 38
Jared is a successful Alpha that is also the town's police chief. He not only keeps his pack safe but he also likes to protect the humans in his terr...