The One Who Got Away

By NadineSchadt

Ava Miller ran from every man she got close to. She meets Seth and find it not as easy to run. As she final... More

First Meeting
Dinner and A Show
Streets of New York
Amazing
Just Fun
Monster
Bad
Pain
Flooded
Home
Sick
First Fight
Let Go
New Friends
Fantasy
Seth's Birthday Pt. 1
Seth's Birthday Pt. 2
Marriage?
Christmas
The Ultimate Betrayal
Fear
Back to Normal
The Calm Before the Storm
The Final Showdown
Aftermath

New Job

183 4 2
By NadineSchadt

Sam was released and back to school by Monday morning and Ava started her job.  Once she got there, she was lead to Conan's dressing room, as he wanted to welcome her.  She hadn't met him yet.  She was surprisingly calm for her first day.  She knocked on his dressing room door and heard him said, "Come in."

She opened the door and walked in.  Conan looked at her and said with a smile, "You must be our new producer."

"Yes, Mr. O'Brien.  I'm Ava Miller."  She walked over and stuck out her hand.

He took it and shook it.  "Nice to met you, Ava.  Also just Conan, no formalities.  I can't stand that."  He told her.

She nodded with a smile and said, "Got it."

"So, you come highly recommended.  I mean, you look too young to be a producer but I was told you were very good at your job.  That from the very beginning, you were never intimidated or shy around guest."  He seemed impressed.

"Yeah, my best friend is in the biz.  I got use to it very quickly."  She said with a smile.  Even though deep down she was infuriated.

She figured the person who highly recommended her, was a certain celebrity who she shared a bed with.  Which pissed her off if he did as she told him she didn't want his help.  Then Conan pulled her out of her thoughts.  "So, who is it you know?"

"I'm sorry."  She shook herself.

"You said your best friend is in the biz.  Do you mind if I asked who that is?"  He asked.

She smiled.  "Uh, yeah.  Just a little actor name Mark Wahlberg."

He looked at her in shook, "Really?"

"Ummm, yeah, for over ten years now.  He is a good buddy.  He is almost like a big brother."  She explained. 

"Hmmm, that is interesting."  Then he asked as he stood up, "Well, you will not be officially working today as they want you to shadow our producer who is leaving, I mean, I don't think you will have a hard time learning everything.  I don't think it is any different between the two shows."

"I wouldn't know.  The Tonight Show was my first show as a producer.  So, I will see.  I am a quick learner, I am sure I will figure it out." 

"Do you want to welcome one of our guest with me?"

"Sure, that be fun."  She quickly said with a smile.  Then she asked him, "Do you mind if I ask you who recommended me?"

Conan quickly replied, "Oh, Jimmy himself.  When it was brought to my attention you worked on his show, I called and asked him about you.  He went on and on about what a wonderful person you were and how much of a hard worker you were.  Honestly, as much as he went on, I thought he had a thing for you."

She laughed as some people back at the show thought the same thing.  She always reassured them that he was over friendly and pointed out he was married.  They were just good friends.  "Nah, he is just a good buddy."  She remarked.

They stopped in front of a door and he knocked on the door.  They heard a woman behind the door say, "Come in."

They walked in and Ava saw a female on the couch and when she turned to Ava, she saw it was Mila Kunis.  Ava's heart dropped.  Her heart raced and her breathing slightly hitched.  She knew Seth and Mila worked together on Family Guy and since Alex found out, she was afraid Mila knew too.  She prayed to God, if she did, she wouldn't say anything to Conan.  Instantly, Conan said to her, "Mila, this is my new producer, today she is kinda shadowing who she is replacing."

Mila stood up and reached her hand out.  Ava took it and shook it.  She said, sweetly at Mila, "Nice to met you."

Then Mila had this look in her eyes as if she recognized Ava and asked, "Do I know you?"

"I don't think so."  Ava became fearful that Mila knew about her.

"No, I feel like I have seen your face somewhere but can't figure out where." 

"Well, I did work at the Tonight Show in New York.  I know you were a guest a few times while I worked there, that could be it."  Ava said, hoping she let it go.

"No, that's not it.  This was recent."  Mila said as she eyed her.  Then her eyes lite up as it hit her.  "You are dating Seth."

"Ummm.  No, you must be mistaken."  Ava quickly said.

"No, I am sure you are.  I would never forget a face." Mila insisted.

"You must be thinking of someone else."  Ava said, sweetly, but looked at Mila with eyes that begged her to drop it.

Mila took the hint.  "You know, I think you are right.  I must be thinking of someone else."

Ava was relieved as Mila did.  Conan then said, "Well, we should let Ms. Kunis be and I will introduce you to everyone else."

Ava nodded as Conan said to Mila, "I will see you in a few, Mila."

She nodded then asked, "Hey, Conan, do you mind if I borrow her?" She pointed to Ava.  "I could use her help with something."

"Um, sure.  I should go and get ready since I will be on soon."  He said then looked at Ava as he smiled.

Then he turned and walked out.  Ava exhaled as thou she held her breath.  She said, grateful to Mila, "Thank you so much."

"I am sorry, I didn't know you guys were keeping it secretive."  Mila said, apologetically.

Ava smiled at her, sweetly, "It is okay.  We aren't really.  But I didn't want Conan to know."  Then she asked, "How did you know anyways?"

"I overheard Alex say something to Seth about his new girlfriend and I happen to see the picture of you on the background of his phone."  She told her.

"Really?"  Ava was a little thrown off that Seth put a picture of her on his phone.

"Yeah.  It is of you two with a beautiful view of New York."

"Ahhh, I took that of us at the Empire State Building when I lived in New York.  I love that picture of us too."

"Well, it is a beautiful picture of the two of you.  So cute.  So what brings you to LA?"  She asked Ava.

Ava got a little uncomfortable with the question.  "Ah, well, Seth."

"Wait, are you two living together?"  Mila asked.

Ava slightly blushed and nodded.  "Wow, he must really like you."  Mila seemed in awe.

Ava said with a big smile, "The feeling is mutual."

Mila smiled at her then asked as she pointed to the door, "Why didn't you want Conan to know?"

"Well, ummm."  She looked down and shifted her feet.  Then looked back at Mila. "For one, I like my privacy.  I am not big on divulging my life, like who I date or what I do.  I just keep to myself.  Also, today is my first day here, I busted my ass to get where I am in my career, I do not want special treatment cause of who I date.  I am afraid if they know, they will kiss my ass and if I fuck up, they will not let me know or not lay into my like they should.  If I fuck up, I want to know and know how severe and learn from my mistake.  I do not want any type of special treatment, I want to be treated like anyone else."

Mila nodded as she was impressed.  Ava was the first girl who didn't want to use Seth's fame to her advantage.  She wanted to do it on her own.  Mila only hoped this man would hold onto this girl.  "So, do you like LA?"

"Ummm, yeah.  It definitely different.  Warmer for one.  And it has it's moments."  Ava replied.  "But my son is definitely homesick.  He wants to go back.  I know he is definitely having a hard time adjusting."

"You have kids?"  Mila asked, shocked.

"Just the one, my pride and joy.  He is really smart and cocky.  Even Seth get taken back by the things he says.  Seth says he is a little smart ass, like his mother."  She chuckled at the thought.

Mila smiled.  Then Ava quickly said, "I should go, I have to met people and learned the ropes."

"I will.  Nice to met you, Ava."  Mila said, sweetly.

Ava said with a smile, "You too."

She quickly walked out the door.  Mila pulled out her phone and sent Seth a text. 'Met your girlfriend.  She is really sweet.'

Very quickly, she got a response.  'How?'

She typed back.  'I have an appearance at Conan and I guess she is works here.  Seth, she is a keeper.  I really like her.'

She smiled as she sent the text.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple weeks passed as she got the hang of her job.  The day for Seth's appearance came and Ava was very adamant that they remained professional.  So when Seth showed up, Ava acted as she didn't even know him.  But Seth had other ideas as he would exchanged glances with her and smile.  Ava was getting annoyed as he was making it obvious.  She knew this cause a couple of her co-workers would say things like 'I think he has a thing for you' or 'Seth MacFarlane is checking you out.'  She was getting frustrated and decided enough was enough.  She went to the room where the guest would relax before the show and barged through.  Seth look up by the sudden disruption as he sat on the sofa.  "Well, what brings you in here?"  He smiled.

"What the fuck, Seth!  I told you not to do that shit!"

"Do what?"  He asked with a smirk as he stood up and moved to her.

"Oh, don't give me that shit, Seth.  You know exactly what the fuck you are doing!  And you are doing it on purpose!" 

His smirk only got bigger as he reached her.  He put an arm around her waist as he said, softly, "I'm sorry, baby.  Can you forgive me.  I mean, I can't help it.  You're just so fucking hot.  I can't take my eyes off of you."

She tried not to smile but she failed miserably.  "I fucking hate you." 

He leaned in as he continued to grin and said in almost a whisper, "No, you don't."

Then he took her lips.  She quickly kissed him back.  His hands moved down her body over her butt to her thighs.  In one brief motion, he lifted her and moved them to the couch.  He sat down as she straddled him.  She broke the kiss as his hands moved under her shirt and she asked, "What are you doing?"

"You said a few weeks ago, you wanted me to yourself when I got here.  Well, you have your wish."

"I was clearly joking."  His lips were on her neck.  "I can't do this here."  But his lips found her sweet spot and she couldn't resist.  She closed her eyes and moaned slightly.

He was winning and he knew it.  He continued to move his hand up her shirt till they got to her breast and cupped it.  He began to massage her breast as she moaned out.  He then moved his lips back to hers and took them harshly.  He broke the kiss slightly and whispered in her lips with his husky voice, "I promise not to take long."

Instantly, she moved her arms around him and took his lips again as his seduction worked.  She began to grind against him and slightly pushed his jacket off his shoulders but still on his arms.  She moaned against his lips when she felt his erection against her.  She wanted him so bad.  Just then, Conan walked in as he starting said, "Hey, Seth, I was thinking..."

His voice trailed off as he saw Ava break the kiss and quickly move off Seth as she sat next to him on the couch.  She was mortified.  Conan just eyed her, didn't even look at Seth.  He quickly left as he closed the door.  Ava groaned as she put her face in her hands.  She was embarrassed.  Seth quickly told her, "I'll talk to him."

She was mad at Seth and said to him coldly as she stood, "Don't bother.  You done enough damage."

She walked towards the door and he asked her loudly, "Where are you going?"

She opened the door and yelled at him, "To try and salvage my reputation."

She slammed it behind as she was angry.  Seth never made her mad, sure he has annoyed her, but he never pissed her off.  He would have followed but he was dealing with another issue as he was still hard.  He groaned as he let his head fall back on the sofa.

Ava walked to Conan's dressing room and knocked on it.  He yelled, "Come in."  She didn't like the way he sounded.

She slowly opened the door and walked in.  Conan looked at her and Ava quickly went to defending herself, "Look, Conan, I know what that looked like."

"It looked like you were about to have sex with one of my guest."  He said angrily, "Is this what you did over at Jimmy?"

"No, of course, not.  I would never."  She quickly retorted.

"I just didn't think you were that type of girl."

"Excuse me."  She said as she was getting angry.

Just then, Seth ran in as he had composed himself.  He quickly defended her, "Look, this is my fault.  She told me to remain professional.  I just couldn't help myself."  He smiled at the last sentence as he looked over at her and tried to move an arm around her waist.

She quickly slapped him away and said, angrily, "Don't touch me."

He turned back to Conan and continued, "Look, this is my fault. All of it.  Do not blame her."

Then she turned to Seth and said, pissed, "Damn right this is your fault!  I told you this morning that we had to remain professional.  But you couldn't fucking resist yourself, could you!  This is my fucking job, Seth!  I don't go down to FOX and fuck with your job, do I!  You are fucking impossible sometimes!  I swear to God, Seth,  your ass is in the guest room until I say otherwise!"

He gulped as he never saw her like this.  She actually terrified him.  He never pissed her off and it was scary when she was this angry.  "I...I'm sorry, Ava."  He stammered.

"Oh, don't give me that shit!  You are not sorry!  You are only sorry cause you want to cover your ass!  God, I can't even fucking deal with you right now!"  Then she looked at Conan and turned her anger on him, "And you!  What the hell did you mean that you didn't think I was that girl?  What do you mean by that girl?  If you are implying that I sleep with just random people, I would just stop while you are ahead!  If it already isn't clear to see, Seth and I are together.  So, for you to think I would sleep with any guy who walks in, well that pisses me off!  For you to imply that, is just low.  I know what it looked like earlier but I can assure you, it will NEVER happen again!  Now, if you two do not mind, I have a job to do."

"Umm, yeah."  Conan stumbling over his words as he was in shock.  Usually she was a calm and friendly person.  He was shocked by how she let lose, on both of them.  It was a different side to her. 

Ava just eyed him and then turned back to Seth.  She said, angrily, "And we will finish this at home.  I am not even close to through with you."  She turned to walk away but then looked at him.  "Oh, and plan on sleeping in the guest room tonight."

She started to walk away.  He quickly yelled after her, "That's not fair.  I shouldn't be kicked out of my bed."

She stopped at the door and looked back at him.  "You want to push it, Seth, I can make it longer then just one night."  She threatened and he quickly shut his mouth as he knew she meant it.  She added, "That is what I thought."

She then walked out and noticed people standing around as they heard her yelling inside the dressing room.  She was pissed and became more pissed as everyone stared at her.  "Get back to work, people!"  She yelled at them.

They quickly did.

Back in the dressing room, Seth turned to Conan who now had a smile on his face.  "She is a little firecracker, isn't she?"

Seth nodded and then said, "I have never seen her that pissed before.  I am now dreading going home."

Conan laughed slightly, "I would be too. I never had anyone flip on anyone like that, and for me to catch the wrath, well, I didn't expect that.  I even have to admit, I was a little terrified.  She is normally so sweet and friendly.  I just saw another side to her and frankly, that side is scary.  I feel for you, Seth.  I am guessing you live with her, so you will have fun dealing with that."

Seth exhaled.  "I don't know what I am going to do.  I have to make this right.  I didn't mean for anyone to think differently of her, I just thought it would be fun."

Conan laughed and put a hand on his shoulder.  "Well, I don't think it helped what I said.  I shouldn't have." Seth laughed slightly. "And maybe I wouldn't have thought that if I would have known you two were dating."

"Yeah, well, we haven't exactly gone public."  He just pointed out.

"So," Conan hinted.  "How did you two met?"

"In New York on Jimmy.  But I really got to know her through Mark."  She explained.

"Oh, did you guys have a little extra fun at Jimmy?"  Conan raised his eyebrows.

Seth laughed.  "No, that was strictly business.  We only met.  She isn't the kinda girl to sleep with guest or even mix business with pleasure.  Hence why she got so pissed off with me." 

"So, you are an exception?"  Conan asked.

"You can kinda say that.  As you saw earlier she isn't happy with me mixing our professional and personal life together.  But she did allow herself get involved with me, which I found out, she doesn't do, especially with someone in the biz."  Then he thought about how pissed she was and said, frustrated, "What the hell am I going to do about her.  I can't believe she kicked me out of our bed.  Oh, I am definitely not getting laid anytime soon."

Conan laughed and said, "I really feel for you.  All you can do is grovel. It is all you can do.  Kiss ass."

Seth exhaled in frustration.  He knew he needed to do something to make this right.  He hated that she was angry with him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 71 24
When Evelyn Miller has finally given up on men altogether Aaron Jones walks into her life making her see things in a whole new light, not only is he...
1.3K 105 32
Sky learned to run fast. Because if she didn't run she would die. But when she meets Red she stops and puts everything on the line just to figure out...
127K 3.2K 34
She was hurt. Mentally, physically. She would never trust another man again. Never. But she meets this crazy but sweet guy that understands all the f...
136K 4.3K 30
Olivia Brooks was a normal girl. She was in the middle of the social ladder and had a bunch of good friends. Her only problem was the huge crush she...