Nicotine | Ashton Irwin ✔

By orangexmint

"So, in some sense," she began, "You find me highly addictive?" she struggled to find the words to explain wh... More

Acknowledgements
Prologue
0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.7
2.8
2.9
3.0
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
3.5
3.6
3.7
3.8
3.9
4.0
4.1
4.2
4.3
4.4
4.5
4.6
4.7
4.8
4.9
5.0
5.1
5.2
5.3
5.4
5.5
5.6
5.7
Epilogue

2.6

379 8 0
By orangexmint

"So my mother wants to meet you." Ashton said as they sat in the cafeteria for lunch. Ara raised an eyebrow.

"You're mother wants to meet me?" She asked, skeptically. He laughed.

"Yeah. She said and I quote, 'I want to meet the girl who's saved my family and tamed my son.'" He explained. Ara laughed, and leaned into him.

"Does this mean you've gone soft?" She asked. He shook his head.

"No," he scoffed. "I'm not soft." Ara rolled her eyes.

"Whatever you say." She said.

"So what do you say? Are you up for meeting my mother?" He asked.

"Sure, why not." She said.

"Great. I'll pick you up at six." He said. Ara smiled. Ashton leaned into her side, playing with her hair.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Nothing." He mumbled. He kissed her forehead.

"Yeah, you're soft." She said with a light laugh.

"Am not!"

"Are to."

Ara stood in front of the mirror completely frustrated. She stared down at her outfit and cried out. Teddy stuck his head in the door. "Why are you angry?"

"Because I'm being ridiculous. I shouldn't be freaking out but I am!"

"Wait why are you freaking out?"

"I'm meeting Ashton's mother." She sighed.

"Aw, that's cute." Teddy laughed. She glared at him.

"Just help me." She sighed.

"Fine, um . . . wait, I got it, but it's slightly depressing." He said. Ara raised a brow. "You could wear the dress you wore to mum's funeral . . ." he suggested. Ara thought.

"Yeah, that would work." She said finally. She dug through her closet until she found the black dress. "Thanks Teddy."

"No problem."

Ara did once last check in the mirror before grabbing her phone and heading downstairs. Liam did a double take as she stepped into the room. "Well don't you look fancy." Cat said, smiling.

"Thanks." Ara mumbled.

"What's the occasion?" Aaron asked.

"She's going to her boyfriend's." Liam replied. Ara flushed.

"He's not my boyfriend." She stated.

"Sure, because friends kiss each other all the time." Teddy said in passing.

"Shut it!" She said, shoving him.

"Wait, what?" Liam said. The doorbell rang than, making Ara sigh.

"Saved by the bell." She headed for the door, opening.

Ashton's eyes widened when he saw her. His mouth hung open slightly, making her laugh. She closed it. "You'll catch flies doing that." She said. Ashton cleared his throat, looking away.

"You look nice." He said, taking in her appearance.

"Thanks."

"You ready to go?" He asked. She nodded.

"Be back for 11:00!" Liam shouted as she shut the door. Ara rolled her eyes and Ashton laughed. The two of them walked down the road, and at one point, Ara grabbed hold of his hand, lacing their fingers together. He glanced at her.

"You look different in a dress." He said.

"Well I've only worn this once." She replied.

"What for?"

"My mother's funeral." She whispered. Ashton stopped walking. He pulled Ara close to him, cupping the side of her face. He rested his forehead against hers. Ara took in a shaky breath, trying to do her best not to cry.

"You okay?" He mumbled, wrapping an arm around her waist. She nodded her head, leaning against his chest.

"Yeah, I'm okay." She said. "Just give me a minute." She closed her eyes and breathed in. Ashton kissed the top of her head. They stayed Luke that for a minute before she pulled away. "I'm good." She said. She took Ashton's hand and they began walking again.

Anne seemed all to excited when Ashton walked through the front door of his home, with a shy Ara trailing behind them. Anne clapped her hands excitedly and rushed forward to hug the girl. Ashton gave her an apologetic look. "Look at you." Anna said with a smile. "So pretty." Ara could feel the heat rising in her cheeks.

"Mum." Ashton groaned. She hit his arm.

"Ashton." She mocked. Ara laughed.

"Hey! You're supposed to be on my side." He whined. Ara shrugged.

"I'm on my own side." He frowned. A younger girl walked into the room them, she had brown hair tied up into a ponytail. "Ara, this is Lauren." Ashton said, introducing the girl. "And that's Harry." He said, pointing to a younger boy."

"She's pretty." Harry said, waving at her. "I like your tattoo."

"Thanks." Ara said.

"She's a keeper." Anne smiled. Her face suddenly turned serious. "Don't let this one go." She said to Ashton. He nodded.

"Yes mum." Lauren laughed.

"Welcome to the family."

"And this, is my room." Ashton said, opening the last door in the hallway. Ara covered her mouth to hide her laugh. The room was an absolute mess, clothes were everywhere. Except for one part of the room. Ara admired the drum set off in the corner of the room.

"Do you play?" She asked, turning to face him.

"No I keep it for decoration." He joked. Ara laughed.

"You're room is a mess." She stated, sitting down on the bed.

"So is yours." He countered, joining her on the bed.

"Yes, but the difference is, I could get lost in your room, and by the time you found me I'd be a pile of bones." She teased. He pouted.

"Meanie." He said. Ara leaned in and kissed his cheek.

"Sorry." She mumbled. Ashton wrapped an arm around her.

"You're forgiven." He replied. Ara flopped down onto her back.

"You're family is awesome." She said, staring up at the ceiling.

"Yeah, they're pretty great."

"Harry's cute." She added, looking over at him. Ashton's face was serious as he rolled on top of her, resting on his elbows. His hair fell in her face, tickling her nose. She laughed.

"I'm cuter though right?" He asked with a raised brow.

"No." She replied. Ashton went to open his mouth but was abruptly cut off by a kiss. "You're just flat out hot." She said. Ashton laughed.

"You had me going there for a moment." He sighed, kissing her cheek.

"I mean you are cute, but you're really hot. Especially without a shirt on." She added with a wink.

"I know." He smirked. Ara shook her head and sat up. Ashton was straddling her waist, but didn't rest his weight on her. He propped himself up on his knees. Ara linked her hands with his, leaning into his chest.

"Ara?" Ashton mumbled. He glanced up.

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you a question?"

"You just did." She teased. He laughed.

"Seriously." He said.

"Sure."

"Go on a date with me?" He asked. Ara blinked.

"You want to go on a date with me?" She said. He nodded.

"I'm new to this whole thing." He added. "I normally just hook up with people, that it. . . but you're different."

"You poor soul, wanting to go on a date with me." She smiled. "Where are we going?" Ashton's eyes widened.

"You mean you're saying yes?"

"Yes Goldie Locks." Ashton leaned down, kissing her softly.

"So where are you taking me?" She asked when he pulled away.

"You'll see."

"Ashton!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

together By A

Fanfiction

558K 13.8K 52
"Why do you always stay with me?" "I like it when we're together"
70.3K 2.6K 45
What if your lover becomes your addiction? ♡Lashton/Malum♡
4.2K 144 50
"Some things are meant to be secret and not to be heard." Only this secret was something you could not hide forever. With the public eye on him, his...
437K 8.1K 59
"Just admit it, you like me." "Nah, you're not my type."