Grand Academy- The Grand War

By ThePageSanctuary

Children's hopes and dreams are simply amazing. The amount of imagination in their dreams have somehow create... More

New Light at the Academy
Revealed Truth
Grand Festival
Light's Hidden Power
Life's Beautiful Garden
Heaven's Voice
Strumming the Spiritual Blade
Frozen Ripple
Shadow Death
Lost Memory
Twilight Reawakened
The Gentle Wind brings back the Darkness
Maiden of the Mineral Wings
The Wave That Leads Us To New Friends
Wings of the Scorching Earth
Witch's Castle
Transcendent
Paris's Heroine
Broken Ash
City of Machines and Lies
Frozen Light
Grand Omni of Grandia
The Trap of the Maiden
Healing Wind
The Complete Squad
The Reverse Lords
Thorns of the Glacier
Hellish Flames of the Circus Dragon
Ritual of the Black Bolt
Mystic Scythe of Harmony
Wind of Time
The Grand War
Grand Liberation
Grand Adventure

Breaking Light

82 5 5
By ThePageSanctuary

After the Grand Festival, Cosmin called Liana and her friends to her office for something important. Everyone gathered outside of Cosmin's office and was asking one another about what Cosmin might discuss with them. Liana kept walking around, anxiously waiting for Cosmin to open the door. 

"Why are you so worried? You have been to her office for quite sometimes anyway," said Thanatos. 

"I know but most of the time, it's just me but today she called all of us," replied Liana while nervously walking around. 

"Maybe she just wants to thank us for the Grand Festival. Who knows," said Stephanie before the door swung open.

 Everyone went in and was seated.

"Thank you, students, for coming here. I have something very important to tell you," said Cosmin with a worried face.

 "You wanted to thank us for yesterday?" asked Jessica while smiling. 

"Yes, that and also something happened to Grandia yesterday. Egypton, the Grand World of Sand was reduced to nothingness," said Cosmin while looking out the window. 

"WHAT?! It was reduced to nothingness?! How could that happen?" asked Liana while getting up from her chair with anger.

 "We don't know who did it or why but I am worried that the other grand worlds will be affected as well," said Cosmin with concern.

 "How can anyone be so cruel? Completely destroying an entire Grand World," said Casam while clenching his fist. 

"Unforgivable!" said Jessica with the utmost anger. 

"It can't be the work of him, could it?" Liana said to herself.

 "Who?" asked Stephanie with curiosity.

"That boy that turned my hair platinum. I encountered him another time and he threatened me and said that he would plunge the world into darkness. His name is Alain and I haven't seen him since then," said Liana while collapsing to her feet.

 "Ugh, if I see him, I'll," said Kagawa before he was interrupted by Cosmin.

 "You need to focus on protecting the other Grand World now and also there is another thing," said Cosmin as a slender lady appeared from nowhere and landed down. 

"Hello, students," said the lady with a tender voice. 

"This is the Oracle, she sees major events that will happen in the future and yesterday, she saw an event which occurs with the ten of you. All ten of you have appeared in her vision," said Cosmin with the Oracle by her side. 

"Then all ten of us shared the same fate?" asked Ren.

 "We are not sure yet but rest assured, you will all need each other at times. For now, watch each other's backs," said the Oracle before she disappeared into dust.

 "Well, which Grand World do we need to protect first," asked Liana with confidence. 

"My biggest concern is Verdantia. Verdantia holds something very important and I'll let you know when you will need to go so please, for now, rest," said Cosmin.

 As the group left Cosmin's office, Cosmin mumbles to herself.

 "Grandia is in your hands, students," said Cosmin with a soft tone.

"I still can't think of who would do that," said Stephen angrily followed by Steve.

"They used the time of the Grand Festival and destroyed Egypton," Steve said with anger.

 As the group walked out to the Grand Court to get some fresh air, they encounter Alain.

"Alain!" Liana said while staring at Alain.

 "You! How dare you show up here?" shouted Ren with anger. 

Alain slowly landed on the ground.

 "I heard your precious little grand world has fallen," said Alain with a smirk before he dodged a flying sword. 

"I'll slice you to pieces!" said Kagawa angrily.

 Before Liana could say anything, Thanatos and Casam rushed in and attacked Alain.

 "Death Spiral!"

 Thanatos unleashed a swirl of dark energy while Casam unleashed an explosion of fire around Alain.

 "Fire Burst!"

 Alain was covered in smoke but he came out uninjured instead he unleashes an attack back at Thanatos and Casam.

 "Darkness Wave!" Alain unleashes a wave of dark feathers at Thanatos and Casam.

 Liana somehow teleported in front of Thanatos and Casam in flash and protected them.

 "Light Barrier!" Liana formed a light shield but it was shattered by Alain's attack and Thanatos and Casam were blown away.

 Liana held her ground and prepared another attack at Alain. Alain didn't hesitate to attack Liana again and he unleashed another beam of dark energy at Shining Protection.

Liana formed a shield of light in front of her blocking Alain's attack from hitting her friends. Liana held her shield as long as possible until Alain stopped his attack. Alain flew up and unleashes another attack but Liana interrupted him with her attack.

 "Light Bringer!" Liana unleashed a beam of light so bright that everyone else covered their eyes and took cover.

 Alain stood there however Liana missed on purpose.

 "Don't hurt my friends or the academy," said Liana while glowing brightly. 

Alain was having a dark aura around him and so was Liana, having a bright aura surrounding her. Alain unleashes a strong gust of wind before disappearing. Everyone was protected by Liana's barrier so they were not hurt.

"Are you guys okay?" asked Liana before collapsing to the ground.

"Liana!" they shouted before bringing her to the Nurse's Office.

Nurse's Office

As Carein treat Liana, the others watch from outside, worrying about Liana. Carein comes out of the room and said.

 "Liana is fine, don't worry. She just used too much power at once and that's what caused her to collapse. She shouldn't exert herself like this, please be more careful next time," explained Carein before she walked off.

 The others went in to see Liana and asked if she was feeling better.

 "Are you better now?" asked Jessica while taking a seat next Liana.

 "Yeah, I am fine now. Really," said Liana while smiling.

 "However, Alain is now a threat to us and we must be careful," explained Liana while trying to get up from the bed.

 "We know, we will stop him for sure," said Stephanie with confidence while putting her hand in the middle. 

"I'm in," said Jessica while putting her hand on Stephanie.

 "We'll help," said Ren and Kagawa while putting their hands in and joined by Thanatos, Casam, Steve, Stephen, and Raphael. Everyone looked at Liana and finally, Liana put her hand in as well.

"We will get through this together," said Liana with confidence.

After Liana was discharged from the Nurse's office, they went to the Grand Court to get some fresh air and clean up the mess that Alain made.

 "Who knew he would be that powerful?" asked Stephen while using his powers to reverse the damage around him.

 "Clearly, he is weak against Liana while Liana is weak against him so they are kinda equal," explained Stephanie while sweeping the floor.

 "He is a major threat right. He is capable of destroying an entire Grand World," said Liana with a sad face when suddenly a rift opened up in the sky.

"A rift!? But how?" asked Casam.

 The rift grew bigger and started to suck everyone in, everyone tried their best to hold their ground but got sucked in any way. 

"Everyone!" shouted Liana getting separated from her friends.

 Nemesis and a few other friends of hers tried helping Liana but they got sucked in as well into the dark rift. 

Liana fell to a different grand world this time instead of Histron. Liana was in a bright Grand World, filled with shining crystals and there was a golden castle. Following behind Liana was Candace falling. 

"Candace?" said Liana surprisingly.

 They landed in a river and got up to see that the river is gold in color. 

"The river, its gold," said Candace while helping Liana up.

 "Where are we? Which Grand World is this?" asked Liana while walking with Candace into the golden castle.

 "I am not sure myself," said Candace while admiring the pictures on the walls of the castle. 

While Liana and Candace explore the castle, a lady stood atop of the staircase, wondering who are they. The lady suddenly widened her eyes and looked at Liana as if she knew her. The lady rushed down and called out to Liana.

 "Princess!" said the lady while hugging Liana tightly. 

"Oh princess you have returned," said the lady while crying. 

"I think you have mistaken me for someone else, miss," said Liana while pushing the lady away.

 "She's just an ordinary student, miss," said Candace.

 "Only a unitian will have their hair change color when near another unitian," explained the lady. 

"Liana, your hair!" said Candace while Liana's hair turns platinum.

 "Oh my! I am really confused right now," said Liana with a worried face.

 "Follow me and I will explain everything," said the lady.

As the lady serves Liana and Candace tea, she starts explaining about Liana's past.

 "Your parents are the king and queen of Unitia, King Lucas the Light and Queen Aria the Elegant. This is their castle, the Golden Castle. They had two children, one was a son and the other a daughter. The older one has powers over darkness and the younger have powers over light. The young one was kind, bright and playful but the older one was rash and stubborn. King Lucas thought it would be better for the older one to explore the world on its own and sent him away and the throne would later be taken over by the younger one," explained the lady sadly. 

"So I have a twin brother," said Liana while drinking her tea. 

"After a few years, the older one returned and killed King Lucas and Queen Aria and all the royal family. King Lucas and Queen Aria sent the younger one, that is you to Earth to protect you but now you are back in Unitia," said the lady with a sweet smile on her face. 

"Thank you, if only I could see my real parents before they died," said Liana with tears in her eyes.

 "Oh, Liana," said Candace feeling sorry for her.

 "There is a way for you to meet King Lucas and Queen Aria, princess. Please follow me," said the lady while walking to a large door.

 "Pass here, princess," said the lady. Liana enters a dark room when she suddenly heard a loud rough voice.

 "Who dares enter the chamber of the Transcendent of Light!" 

"I am Liana Von Diamante!" said Liana while shining some light in the dark chamber.

 "Liana Von Diamante?" said the voice and suddenly, a tall man appeared out of nowhere. He was wearing a white shining armor with a symbol flying behind him.

 "How are you here in Unitia? Look at you, all grown up," said the man while holding Liana's face.

 "Hello Dad," said Liana while smiling.

 "How did you remember that? Did your memory come back already? I wiped your memories related to Unitia when I sent you to Earth," said Lucas.

 "Calm down, dad. I am fine. How are you? I was sent here by a rift. I think Alain opened it," said Liana while thinking.

 "Alain? Has your brother found you?" asked Lucas. "What!? Alain is my brother? He killed you and mother." said Liana angrily.

 "No, Liana. Your brother was controlled by someone else. We could see it before he killed us. It's my fault for sending him away," said Lucas with regret.

 "You must help your brother break free from whatever that is controlling him. Take the royal dragon and find your brother and friends," said Lucas while shoving Liana out of the room.

 "Oh well, I have my advice from dad, now I must look for my friends," said Liana while running out of the castle with Candace. 

"Where are we going, Liana?" asked Candace while catching her breath after running. 

"We are going to look for our friends and bring back my brother," said Liana with confidence.

 "How? Your brother?" asked Candace.

 "With that," said Liana while pointing towards an approaching dragon.

 "Hello, princess. I am Ao, the royal dragon," said Ao while landing on the ground.

 "Nice to meet you, Ao. Please bring us to Verdantia. Hop on, Candace," said Liana while hopping onto the dragon.

 "Where did she get all her confidence all of a sudden?" said Candace in her head while holding onto the dragon.

 "Off we go!" said Ao after releasing a loud roar and taking off.

 "The fresh air!" shouted Liana while opening her hands wide. 

While Liana enjoy the view on top of Ao, Candace was wondering what happened to Liana after she met her father.

 "So, Ao how was princess Liana last time?" Candace ask while smiling. 

"Princess Liana was the nicest little girl last time. Princess Liana played with me all the time and she always gave me treats and sorts," said Ao while flying through the clouds.

 "Thanks, Ao. Now, we must get to the nearest Grand World immediately," said Liana with determination.

 "Alright, the nearest one would be Verdantia, the Grand World of Greenery," said Ao while flying down and flying back up, giving Liana and Candace a thrilling ride.

 As Ao, Liana and Candace are flying high in the sky, Lucas watches them from the top of the Golden Castle.

 "You can do it, Liana!" shouted Lucas.

 Liana looked back and waved back to Lucas, smiling

Verdantia Forest

"AHHH!" shouted Stephanie and Thanatos as they fell out of the rift.

 Thanatos caught Stephanie mid-air and landed gracefully on the ground on his feet.

 "Are you okay?" asked Thanatos before dropping Stephanie on the ground.

 "Ouch! Seriously, you had to drop me like that?" asked Stephanie before she turned and slapped Thanatos in the face with her hair. 

Thanatos looked at Stephanie annoyed.

 "Where are we, anyway?" asked Thanatos while kicking a rock however it accidentally hit Stephanie. 

"Hey! What's your problem?" asked Stephanie while kicking Thanatos's knee.

 Thanatos and Stephanie looked at each other as if they were going to kill each other but in the end, they were attacked by a vicious wasp colony. 

"Why are they attacking us?" asked Stephanie while running with Thanatos. 

"I don't know," said Thanatos while jumping over some rocks.

 While Stephanie and Thanatos were running, they decided to fight back when suddenly, a lady wearing a green cape with a katana jumped out and drove the wasp away. Stephanie and Thanatos were really impressed by the lady's sword skills

Histron Village

"I think this is Histron, the Grand World of History. I mean look at those tower designs," said Kagawa while looking at the towers of Histron. 

Nemesis was falling behind Kagawa and she ran and said.

 "I think you're right. We have to get to the others," said Nemesis. 

Kagawa, Nemesis and Luna were sent to Histron

Heavena

"That's a really big tree," said Jessica while helping Sena get up.

 "I don't know where are we but we really need to get to the others," explained while looking at the huge tree.

Everyone got separated in Grandia and Alain resides in a dark area.

 "Alvira, go destroy Verdantia and burn it down to nothingness," said Alain while smirking.

 "Yes, Master Alain. I won't disappoint you," Alvira said before she disappeared.

As Ao fly high above the clouds, Liana falls asleep.

 "Princess Liana must be really tired. Thank you for taking care of her, Candace," said Ao while flying. 

"It's no big deal. Liana's been a really good friend to me and I am glad she has found her family. It's been hard for her ever since she entered the academy," said Candace while looking at Liana who is sleeping.

 While flying, a slender man appeared out of nowhere and suddenly attacked Ao.

 "Liana! Wake up! We are under attack," said Candace while shaking Liana.

 "Huh? What?" asked Liana while getting up.

 "Hang on tight, princess. Celestial Shine!" Ao unleashes a bright light emitting from his crown.

 "Now, let's go," said Ao was flying high above the clouds to hide from the enemy.

 "Thank you, Ao," said Liana while hugging Ao's head. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93 13 7
In a world where majic rules all, mysterious rings that lead to other worlds, appear once every year. Each ring opens a doorway to new adventures or...
249 6 34
This story is about a two boys and two girls from alternate worlds that somehow become friends and end up falling for each other. After months of kee...
7.5K 284 22
Highest Ranking- 290 in Action, 547 in Superpowers, 185 in Super These best friends are inseparable, they always work together on their class project...
71 4 11
One bad choice can change an outcome and set off a chain of events that can destroy worlds. One coin has two sides... Light and Dark, Good and Bad...