Darling Chainz

By miaa_meii

*Your typical 'player falls in love' story* Chase Ravens is the major player in Alerion College. He has hooke... More

Prologue
1. Moving Back
2. Darling Chainz
3. I Don't Know...Do I?
4. You Can Live With Me
5. The First Day of Sharing a Condo = Complications
7. Cancelled Plans
8. Punishment?
9. Ice Cream
10. A Bitter Day
11. Making Up
12. The Fair
13. Besties to the Rescue
14. Jared's Birthday Party
15. Strong
16. Picnic
17. Chasing You
18. Stares
19. The Chaos At Work
20. What a Day
21. The Event...Coming Soon
22. Pumped Up For the Event
23. Pricks These Days
24. Fun in the Sun
25. A Night Full of Events
26. The Aftermath
27. A Long Day
28. Darling Chainz Initiates
29. A Birthday to Remember
30. Overprotective Much
31. Fantasies Fulfilled
32. Try Possessive
33. The Clinging Doll
34. Letting Loose
35. When Things Couldn't Possibly Get Worse...
36. Sulking
37. Back to Classes
38. Revelations
39. Imagination Gone Wild
Epilogue

6. Work

7.5K 162 6
By miaa_meii

Chapter 6: Work

*~~Chase's POV~~*

Someone was knocking on the door and it seems Alice was still sleeping. With a groan, I pushed myself off my bed and opened the door.

"What the f**k are you doing here?" The intruder boomed. I yawned and blinked a couple of times. F**k! It's Sam...or is it Jack? Mole is near his eyes, so it's Sam. Sam pushed his way in and started calling Alice's name.

"Alice, what the f**k is going on here?" Why the hell is he overreacting? I rubbed my stomach...s**t, I'm not wearing a shirt!

Alice groans and enters the living room, and if matters couldn't get any worse, she's just wearing a shirt...am I screwed?

"Sam, why are you yelling?" Alice said with a yawn. "What time is it?"

I could see the vein twitching near Sam's jaw. "Well I came here to return your car, when he," Sam pointed at me then continued, "opened your door, shirtless. You want to explain?"

Alice rubbed her eyes, "Chase go put a shirt on, you should go to college. Sam, thank you for fixing my car, but there's nothing between me and Chase."

I was about to leave, to put a shirt on, when Sam stopped me, "Wait, stay right there." He turned to Alice, "Explain why he is here then."

Alice took a seat on the sofa, "He needs a place to live, I offered him to sleep here. Not everyone sleeps in pajamas, Sam. Now if you'll excuse me, my shift is going to start in an hour, so I'm going back to sleep."

Shift? Shouldn't she be going to college? "Alice, skipping your classes aren't good, especially since you're new."

She grinned at me, "Thanks for the advice, but I made sure to take only classes Monday through Thursday, smart pants. Now shoo." Alice turned to Sam, "This means you too. Ah forget it, I bet I couldn't sleep now, guess I'll just start my shift early."

Sam grumbled and left. I pointed at the door, to where Sam left, "He's your boyfriend?"

Alice laughed and shook her head, "Oh no, haha ex-boyfriend. It didn't really work out, because he's more like a brother, you know. The Morello twins and I have been together for quite some time now, they're my big overprotective brothers. Sam was just worried about me that's all, sorry if he scared you or something." She sent me a sweet smile then left to her room.

I nodded, even though Alice left. Now maybe I should go change too, I have like thirty minutes.

*~~Alice's POV~~*

Chase dropped me off to Darling Chainz, and whoo, was it crowded. Still, the place brings a smile on my face all the time.

"Good morning people." I sang as I entered. Some looked at me like who the hell are you and the others chanted back good morning, Alice!

I went to the kitchen and saw Jack cooking. "Hey Jack, you think Chase could work here?"

Jack replied, "Pass me the bread, please. And um, depends what time and what he wants to be. He'dhave to start as a waiter because bartending needs experience, or he can be a cook during restaurant hours."

I passed the bread, "Jack, I know that. I'm just asking if he can get a job here. Of course I won't let him be a bartender without experience."

Jack smiled, and tapped my nose. "He can be waiter or a cook and if he wants to be a bartender, I'll train him."

I hugged him, "Thanks Jack, I love you." I gave his cheek a kiss.

"Hey, I thought I was your favorite Morello." Sam said, walking into the kitchen.

"Not a chance, I will always be her favorite Morello. Now go take this sandwich to table 11, wench." Jack handed the tray to a muttering Sam, and Sam left with a huff.

I laughed, "You could've asked me to give it to table 11."

Jack sighed, "I know, but I rather have your company than that grouch's."

I jumped up on a counter and passed ingredients to Jack and the other chefs, "Did we get our juice bar items restocked?"

Jack gave me a nod, "Yeah, we got the full boxes today, I think Gray is unloading them. The customers loved the juice bar idea, you're our little genius aren't you?"

I grinned up on him, and jumped off the counter, "I knew the customers would love the idea. I'm going to go help Gray, since my cooking skills aren't that good."

Jack laughed, "Here, take this to table 2 as you go." I took the tray and left.

Ok so we do have a spot for one more employee, now let me go ask the other employees if they'd like to have Chase working. I nodded to myself and approached Gray.

"Hey Gray, need help?"

~

"Alice, let's go. I'll drop you home, you've done enough for restaurant hours. Sam will take it from here, he's on his way. Come back during clubbing hours and bring Chase with you. We'll test his skills." Jack turned to Gabe, "Gabe, until Sam comes, you're in charge." Gabe gave him a salute and waved us bye.

As I got in Jack's car, Jack said, "So Chase is living with you?"

I gave him a nod and silence stretched between us. After a while, Jack sighed, "Look Alice, I know Sam and I told you to have fun, but be careful ok? And remember we're always here for you. You're my younger sister, and I promised Jace and myself to protect you."

He stopped his car on my driveway. I took off my seat belt and gave him a hug. "I know, Jack, I know. I love you, I don't know what I'd do without you. But I'm not a child, I will be careful and I know you have my back. You always had. See you later." I got off his car and gave him a wave.

Jack smiled and left only when I opened my door. Jack has always been the reasonable twin, the calm and collected one. Sam, the reckless twin, but they are my two best friends and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I stripped my shirt off, it was hot. Jack was right, I felt dead tired. I collapsed on the sofa and my eyelids felt too heavy.

*~~Chase's POV~~*

It is so relieving to finally leave college. I need to get a job, hopefully Alice talked to her workers. I unlocked the door to Alice's home, to see a body on the sofa.

I gulped, it was Alice....a shirtless Alice. Sure she wore a bra, but the vixen has f*****g laced bra and her skirt is hitching up. Ah f**k me, she's wearing a garter belt. Those things always has my brother down there rising. I groaned outloud, why the f**k is she so sexy.

I made my way in front of her. Slowly I skimmed my hands around her back then grazed my fingernails across her chest. Alice let out a sigh, and I took my hands back. S**t, what am I doing?!

I shook my head and headed to my room. I grabbed a blanket and returned to the living room and covered her up.

Idiot, idiot, idiot! Touching her while she is sleeping won't get you anywhere. Only that she will hate you more, you're lucky that she didn't wake up.

I made myself something to eat then locked myself in my room. Maybe a little homework will clear my head.

~

When I was about to be done with my history homework, I heard a knock on my door. I opened it to see a yawning vixen.

"Hey," Alice said with another yawn, "You can work in Darling Chainz, you can be a waiter or a cook."

I tugged her hand to my bed and we both took a seat. "Can I be a cook on Thursday, during restaurant hours and be a waiter during clubbing hours. Monday through Friday?"

Alice looked shocked, "Are you sure you want to be a waiter Monday through Friday? That's a lot of work."

I thought about it, I guess it is, but....

"What hours and days do you work during clubbing hours?"

Alice smiled, "No flirting or playing around at Darling Chainz, deary."

I laid on my bed and played with her fingers, "I know, but, the job will be more fun if you're there." I stared into her eyes and kissed her knuckles.

Alice quickly snatched her hand and looked away, "Well I work Monday through Friday, 8 pm to 1 am. I sometimes visit Saturday, but the staff usually kicks me out, since everyone is supposed to have a day off, and I chose Saturday. But I'm the manager, I should be checking right? Oh and Sundays, Darling Chainz is closed."

Her eyes are really beautiful and I couldn't help but stare at them.

"Chase?" Alice gave me a small frown. Heh, even her frowns are cute.

I leaned in and kissed her, slowly. She even tastes delicious. Mmmmm, so delicious. I slowly pushed her forward to the bed and kissed her deep. Still, this isn't enough I want more. I groaned into our kiss. I felt something pushing my chest, but ignored it, and moved my lips lower to Alice's neck. Alice groaned my name, I think she said stop, but I don't care. I want more.

Right when I was going to skim my lips lower, I felt a kick on my thigh. I jumped back to see tears pricking Alice's eyes and her face was all flushed.

"I...I.." I was speechless, what do I say?

Alice rushed out, only stopping outside my door to say, "I'll be making dinner." And with that, she left.

I groaned outloud, I f**ked up again!

*~~Alice's POV~~*

My fingers kept coming up to touch my lips again and again while I tried making stew. Silly fingers. I laid my head against my counter to let the stew cool a bit. What is wrong with me? I shouldn't go after a player, I mean he brought a woman in to have sex with, not too long ago.

I sighed, I shouldn't let him get to me. I want a long term relationship, and he only wants a woman to have sex with.

I didn't realize I was thinking so much, when Chase entered the kitchen. I lifted my head from the counter and poured the stew into bowls. The stew was hot, but not too hot that it'd burn anyone's tongue.

Chase and I ate in silence. I stared at the clock as we ate. It was 7:34, I still have time.

Chase groaned, "Look I'm sorry alright, but can we not eat in silence." I was taken back, I didn't think he'd want to talk, while eating.

He went on, "I know I shouldn't be touching you, but it's not my fault your so da--...*ahem* darn, irresistable. I'm sorry, I know I'm on your bad side, but can we at least be friends?"

A smile made its way on my face and I started laughing. Chase grumbled, "I don't see what's funny."

I stood up to clean my bowl, "You know, you're kind of cute for a guy." Chase got up too, "I'm not cute. I'm sexy!" He grinned at me.

I shook my head and stretched a hand. "Friends?" Chase shook my hand, "Friends. Now living together will be easier. But I need to look for a home, your offer's sweet, but paying you hurts my man pride."

We walked to our rooms, "Men and their pride. I'll never understand it. Get ready, you're going to get a taste of working in Darling Chainz." I winked at him and entered my room.

~

We walked in Darling Chainz and i knew instantly that it was going to be a busy night. I placed a hand on my hip and smiled at Chase, "Ready to work?"

Chase followed me in the kitchen and I gave him a men waist apron with Darling Chains stitched on it. I took a female apron, even though I didn't need to, but I like the aprons, they're pretty cute.

Chase tied the apron to his waist and I gave him a nod. "Okay, I'll be a waitress for today, too, just to help you out. Don't hesitate to ask the other waiters and waitresses, they know what it's like to be new to the job. Actually you don't need to only ask the waiters or waitresses, the bartenders and cooks are nice, too. Just not the d.j., Matt is already busy enough."

He gave me a nod, and I told him all the basic rules and Chase asked a few question. Good, it means he was listening.

We came out of the kitchen and I decided to introduce Chase. Matt stopped his songs and handed me the microphone, "Hey, how's everyone doing tonight? Well this is Chase, our new waiter!" More than half of the staff cheered welcome to the family, Chase. Then we went off to serve the customers. They seemed to take a liking to Chase, he was a people person and was handsome, so I guess it was to happen.

It was a long night, and it seemed Chase got the hang of it, so I decided to help the bartenders. I just love shaking up drinks.

*~~Chase's POV~~*

Alice and I were on our way home. I squeezed her hand, "Thank you, that was an amazing night. I never thought work could be so much fun."

She grinned at me, "You did a really good job, I mean you messed up once, but that's alright. You're hired, alright, the crew loved you and the customers did, too."

I let out a sigh of relief, "That's awesome. You're staff is so welcoming, you have a nice family."

I parked my car and we went inside. Alice yawned and gave me a kiss on the cheek. She said 'goodnight' and off she went.

...well the kiss was unexpected...I think I love Darling Chainz. With a grin I went off to my room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 6.3K 35
[Complete - Wattpad Featured Story April 2018 ] "You have a contract?" Chase ripped the papers out of Lewis' hands. "And you signed it?" "It's a goo...
27.2M 263K 32
"Here's what I want you to do," I began, trailing my hands up his muscular body to wrap my arms around his neck. "I want you to do me, and do me hard...
633K 14.9K 24
After Lexi's parents die, she's a loner. Her brother isn't there for her like he should be, she has no friends, no one even notices her. Until her fu...
2.6M 73.4K 45
Completed - He had me pinned against the wall outside of his dorm late at night. He was staring down at me angrily. I was confused to say the least...