War of Hearts 》Bellamy Blake

By UpInFlames_

At 15, Brinley Kane was locked up. At 18, she was sent to the ground. Brinley Kane had accepted her inev... More

P R O L O G U E
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
P L A Y L I S T
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
B O N U S
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y O N E
T W E N T Y T W O
T W E N T Y T H R E E
PART II: Game of Survival
1 - White Noise
2 - Escape
3 - Allies
4 - Reunions
5 - Metamorphosis
G A M E O F S U R V I V A L
6 - Spacewalker
7 - Consequences
8 - Into The Unknown
9 - Survival
Playlist
10 - Tag, You're It
11 - Knocking on Heaven's Door
C O N T R O L
PART III: C O N T R O L
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
T H E F A L L O U T
F A L L O U T (Playlist/Excerpt)
Chapter One: Expiration Date
Chapter Two: Truce
Chapter Three: Playing God
Chapter Four: Past // Present

T W E N T Y F O U R

16.7K 447 350
By UpInFlames_

A/N PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT :) 

*****

Eventually, Brinley and Bellamy pulled away from each other as a scream pierced the air.

'Raven.' Brinley breathed. 'We should –'

'Yeah.'

Brinley could feel the awkwardness in the air, neither her nor Bellamy were sure where their stolen moment had left them. Were they friends, or were they something else... something... more?

Did it really even matter?

In only hours, they could both be dead.

Bellamy ushered her into the dropship ahead of him, a small smile gracing his lips that made the tension in her chest ease slightly. Both Clarke and Finn looked up as the two entered, Clarke's face lined with tension, and Finn's holding only blazing worry for his friend.

'Anything I can do?' Brinley asked immediately.

'I don't – no, there's not much I can do aside from cauterise the wound.' Clarke looked to Raven apologetically, 'It's going to hurt.'

'I can take it.' Raven grit out, every breath she took sounded painful and even the smallest movement sent blood pulsing out of the bullet wound.

Clarke held out the knife she had been heating in an open flame, her eyes flicking to Raven's face briefly. 'Ready?'

'Just do it, Clarke.' Raven commanded, Finn gripping her hand tightly.

The scream that left Raven's lips made Brinley feel sick.

'That should stop the external bleeding.' Clarke grimaced at Raven's distress.

'I don't understand, how did Murphy get a gun?' Finn looked to Bellamy for answers.

Bellamy glanced at Brinley before he answered. 'Long story.'

'We got lucky, If Murphy hit the fuel tank instead of me, we'd all be dead.'

'Wait, there's rocket fuel down there?' Clarke asked incredulously. 'Enough to build a bomb?'

'Enough to build a hundred bombs, if we had any gunpowder left.' Raven answered immediately.

'Let's get back to the reapers, maybe they'll help us.' Bellamy interrupted. 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?'

Finn and Clarke exchanged a glance. 'Not this enemy, we saw them. Trust me, that's not an option.'

'There's no time for this,' Finn looked to Clarke, 'Can she walk or not.'

'No, we have to carry her.'

Brinley watched Raven's face change. 'The hell you will, I'm good to go.'

Clarke stopped Raven from trying to stand. 'Hey! Listen to me, that bullet is still inside you, if by some miracle there's no internal bleeding, it might hold until we get somewhere safe but you are not walking there, is that clear?'

In that moment Brinley could see just how similar Abby and Clarke really were.

Raven sighed. 'Yeah.' And not a moment later, she had passed out.

'Get the stretcher.' Finn muttered to himself as he practically ran away.

Brinley's eyes found Bellamy, who had an odd expression on his face, one that screamed trouble. 'Can't run away fast enough, huh? Real brave.'

'Dying in a fight you can't win isn't brave Bellamy, it's stupid.' Finn shot back, turning to face Bellamy again.

'Spoken like every coward who's ever run from a fight.' Bellamy and Finn were in each other's faces now, the tension in the room reaching breaking point.

'Alright that's enough!' Clarke snapped. 'It's time to go.'

Bellamy turned on Clarke. 'If they follow, it's a 120 mile walk to the ocean.'

'Look, we're wasting time! If he wants to stay, he can stay.' Finn stormed away again and Brinley resisted the urge to say something nasty as he left the dropship.

'No, he can't-' Finn had gone before Clarke could finish speaking.

'We can't do this without you Bellamy.' Clarke pleaded with Bellamy.

'What do you want me to say Clarke?'

'I want you to say that you're with us. Those kids out there, they listen to you.'

'They're lining up to go, they listen to you more.' Bellamy countered her argument.

'I gave them an easy choice. But five minutes ago, they were willing to fight and die for you. You inspire them.' Clarke's eyes went to Brinley who was watching Bellamy with slightly narrowed eyes. 'And I'm afraid we're going to need that again before this day is through.'

When Bellamy said nothing, Clarke sighed and left the dropship.

'She's right you know.' Brinley spoke quietly.

Bellamy stayed quiet and Brinley sighed. 'Do what you think is right Bellamy, no one will hold it against you, but just remember that there's strength in numbers. Fighting alone - it'll only get you killed.'

Brinley breezed past Bellamy out into the daylight, her eyes finding Octavia who was keeping a watchful eye on everyone, making sure they were all doing their part.

'Hey, O.'

'Hey Brin, you okay?' Octavia asked quietly.

'Yeah, I guess. How are you holding up?'

'Lincoln's still here.' Octavia murmured quietly. 'Does that mean he'll be fighting with the grounders or...'

Brinley shook her head before Octavia had even finished speaking. 'No, I think he's looking out for you, even from afar. He couldn't leave without you, O, that speaks volumes about his character.'

Brinley's words sparked a small smile on Octavia's face. 'You really think so?'

Brinley nodded. 'I do, I-' A hand on her lower back and a voice at her ear cut Brinley's words off short.

'You were right, there's no point me staying. United we'll stand and divided we'll fall. We have a better chance of survival if we leave.'

Brinley looked up at Bellamy who squeezed her waist gently. 'Stay close.' He murmured quietly, his eyes finding Octavia's wide ones. 'Both of you.' He warned before he walked away without another word.

Brinley felt relief bloom in her chest at Bellamy's words. He was coming with them.

'What was that?' Octavia spluttered.

'Hmm? What was what?'

Octavia's eyes narrowed. 'You know what.'

'I have no idea what you're talking about.' Brinley smiled sweetly at her friend.

'Don't worry Octavia, I saw it too.' Miller appeared, looking smug as he stuffed things into a bag. 'Blake was getting a little touchy there.'

'Piss off Miller.' Brinley muttered, her cheeks flaming. 'Pack your shit, we're leaving soon.'

*****

When Brinley had told Miller they were leaving soon, she hadn't realised quite how soon it really would be.

It was only ten minutes later that Clarke was ushering everyone out through the gates of their camp, gunners at the front and back of their group. Octavia's eyes were scanning the trees and Brinley knew that she was hoping Lincoln would appear to help them. Finn was helping to carry an unconscious Raven and Clarke was standing beside Brinley, whose eyes had found Bellamy.

Brinley could see the sadness and resignation cross Bellamy's face, along with uncertainty about their future. Clarke seemed to notice too as she grabbed Brinley's hand, tugging her towards Bellamy.

'You did good here, Bellamy.' Clarke was the first to speak.

'Eighteen dead.'

'Eighty-two alive. You did good.'

After a moment, Bellamy nodded slightly, picking up one of the water containers, tossing the contents onto the last fire.

Together, the three of them left the camp, one last time.

*****

The remainder of the original 100 trekked in silence, every crunch or rustle of the jungle making them freeze in their tracks. The silence was tense, but necessary.

Once Bellamy, Brinley and Clarke had left the camp, Bellamy had immediately wanted to find Octavia until Brinley had gently pointed out that Octavia knew her way around better than most of them, and that with Jasper beside her she would be safe.

So Bellamy had opted to stay beside Brinley and Clarke, casting way glances over their surroundings every few seconds.

Eventually, after walking for awhile, loud chatter began to break out amongst the teenagers, and after a stern warning from Bellamy, the conversations quietened to a low murmur.

Eventually, however, Octavia signalled for everyone to stop. Bellamy tried to make his way to his sister but Brinley held out her arm, stopping him from making an unnecessary noise.

'I don't see anything...' Jasper's voice was quiet, but in the silence it sounded like a yell.

A moment later, Brinley watched as a pale blonde boy fell backwards, struck dead.

'GROUNDERS!'

Jasper's scream was panic inducing as everyone turned, and ran back in the direction they'd come from.

They were too late.

*****

'Where are they? Why aren't they attacking?'

Brinley was stood next to Bellamy, who had his gun raised and trained over the defensive wall of their camp. Clarke stood beside him, looking stunned and terrified.

'Because we're doing exactly what they wanted us to do.' Clarke realised.

'We're being herded. They've got us trapped.' Brinley swallowed down panic as she spoke to Clarke.

'What are you talking about?' Bellamy frowned.

Clarke turned to Finn who was already watching her. 'Lincoln said the scouts would be the first to arrive.'

'If it's just scouts we can fight our way out.' Determination was etched across Octavia's face. 'That's what Lincoln would do.'

'We're done doing what that grounder would do.' Bellamy shot back, and Brinley rolled her eyes at his tone, following him down to Clarke, Finn and Octavia. 'We tried it and now Drew is dead, you wanna be next?'

'That grounder, saved our lives! I agree with Octavia. For all we know there's one scout out there.'

'One scout with insanely good aim.' Jasper interrupted, looking stressed.

'Clarke! We can still do this.' Octavia pleaded with Clarke rather than her brother.

'Looking to you, Princess. What's it gonna be?' Bellamy asked Clarke, surprising Brinley. 'Run and get picked off out in the open, or stand and fight back?'

What surprised Brinley even further was Clarke looking to her. 'Brin? You aren't saying much. What do you think?'

Brinley's eyes widened as everyone turned to her. 'Lincoln said scouts?' She asked after a moment, looking between Clarke and Finn.

Clarke nodded.

'As in... more than one.' Brinley added

Finn was already shaking his head. 'Brinley-'

'One scout was able to take out Drew from hundreds of meters away. Imagine what two, three, or four of them could do, Finn. We'd be slaughtered.' Brinley looked at Clarke again, who nodded.

'Clarke, if we're still here when Tristan get's here-' Finn tried to reason with Clarke.

'Lincoln said scouts, more than one. He said 'Get home before the scouts arrive.' Finn, they're already here!' Clarke turned to Bellamy. 'Looks like you've got your fight.'

'Okay then.' Bellamy nodded. 'This is what we've been preparing for! Kill them, before they kill us! Gunners to your posts, use the tunnels to get in and out! From now on, the gate stays closed!'

Everyone immediately moved to their posts. Jasper threw a gun at Brinley, sending her a nervous smile. Brinley wasn't a gunner, but she was one hell of a shot and Jasper knew they could use her help.

Brinley saw Octavia start to run towards the foxhole Jasper had disappeared into but Bellamy stopped her before she could get too far. 'O, O, you're not a gunner.'

'No, I'm not.' Octavia admitted, much to Bellamy's surprise. 'But it's like you said, I'm a grounder.'

Octavia ran right past Bellamy, squeezing Brinley's shoulder as she ran by her. Brinley grinned at Octavia's determination and made to follow her until Bellamy appeared in front of her, looking stern.

'No.'

'No what? Bellamy move.' Brinley tried to get around Bellamy but he pushed her back lightly.

'No. You aren't a gunner.' Bellamy glared at Brinley.

'No I'm not, and neither is Octavia as you just established. But we both know I can shoot, Bellamy. You can't stop me.'

Bellamy cursed, knowing Brinley was right. 'Fine, but you aren't going into the foxholes, not yet.'

'Where am I going then?' Brinley rolled her eyes, her words coming out coloured in sarcasm.

'Come with me.'

*****

Brinley stood beside Bellamy as he and Raven explained to Clarke and Finn the improvements that had been made to the camp while they were gone. Brinley wanted to be in the foxholes with Octavia, Jasper and Miller. Not sit back and come up with different strategies to keep everyone safe. One less gun was at least one less dead grounder.

'...That's always your plan, just like the bomb at the bridge.' Finn's words and snarky tone caught Brinley's attention.

'Damn right. You got a better idea?' Bellamy didn't sound angry, just tired.

'Clarke?' Brinley asked, noticing the calculative look on her friends face.

'Can't be that simple.' Clarke turned to Raven. 'You said there's fuel in those rockets, right? Enough to build a hundred bombs.'

'I also said we've got no gunpowder left.'

'I don't want to build a bomb. I want to blast off.'

Raven was already nodding. 'Draw them in close, fire the rockets. A ring of fire.'

'Barbequed grounders. I like it.' Brinley bit back a smile at Bellamy's smirk.

'Will it work?' Finn asked Raven.

'The wirings a mess down there, but yeah. You give me enough time, I'll cook them real good.'

*****

'What are they waiting for?' Brinley growled under her breath as both her and Bellamy lifted sacks onto one huge pile.

They'd been waiting for hours and night had fallen and still, there was no sign of a grounder attack save for the initial scouts.

'I don't know.' Bellamy muttered back, voice still sounding slightly rough from Murphy's attack.

They didn't have to wait long. A few minutes later there was a sharp noise that set everyone on edge.

'They're here.' Someone hissed and Brinley felt her heart rate increase tenfold.

Bellamy gripped her hand, dragging her towards the foxholes, knowing that Brinley wouldn't stay put no matter what he said.

Bellamy took one look around before he asked what Brinley had been wondering. 'Where's Octavia?'

'She left five minutes ago, didn't say where to.' Miller answered quickly. 'She thinks she's a damn samurai.'

'See anything?'

'No.'

'What the hell are they waiting for?'

'The longer they wait the better. This is about buying time for Raven.'

'I see them! They're moving!' A voice crackled through the radio. 'I count one, two, three... no wait there's four! I don't know man, there's too damn many of them!'

Gunfire immediately sounded.

'Who was that?' Brinley asked with a frown.

'Sterling I think.' Miller answered.

'South foxhole, report now!'

There was an explosion before Sterling crackled back through again. 'Yeah, yeah. We're okay. They didn't attack, it's like shooting a ghost.'

'There!' Monroe called out. 'I see them!'

Brinley saw them too as she shot at the dark figures, missing by inches.

'Stop! Stop! Hold your fire! Reload now!' Bellamy commanded.

'Those are our last clips.' Miller sounded grim, grimacing at the disbelief on Bellamy's face.

'We should – we should pull back now!' Monroe's voice was shaky.

But Brinley was putting the pieces together, Miller's words triggering something in Brinley's mind. 'Wait...'

'No, if this position falls they'll walk right to the front door.'

There was more gunfire as Brinley lowered her gun, observing the patterns in which the grounders were running.

'Jasper we need you in the dropship now.' Clarke's voice came through the radio.

'Negative, we can't give up the west woods.'

'The west woods are mined Bellamy, the grounders just figured that out. Jasper, get in here!'

From beside her, Brinley could hear one of the others guns begin to click.

Miller shot at another figure as Brinley's eyes widened as she reached over and snatched the radio from Bellamy's hands.

'What-?'

'Hold your fire! Stop shooting! They're drawing our attention to them, they want us to waste our bullets.'

Not a moment later, Jasper's voice came through the radio in reply. 'Brinley's right, don't shoot when they're running laterally!'

'Don't fire until you're sure it's an attack.' Brinley confirmed, handing the radio back to Bellamy.

And then the grounders were on them.

'Here they come!' Miller screamed as chaos began.

Brinley shot carefully, trying to make her bullets count but it was hard when everywhere she looked she saw something worth shooting.

'Monroe get back here!'

Monroe had run away from the battle, and in the moment it took Brinley to glance at her, one of the grounders had pinned Bellamy and was slowly choking the life from him.

Bellamy was suffocating. Again.

Miller had been attacked. But he was still standing, swinging around blindly.

Brinley felt something hit her in the side and she went down. As the grounder leered at her she fumbled for a moment, lifting her gun and shooting the grounder point blank in the forehead.

The large grounder collapsed on top of her and Brinley struggled until she could push herself out. Brinley gulped in air greedily as she noticed Octavia appear, stabbing the grounder holding Bellamy down through the back of his head.

Brinley pulled herself up, groaning at the pain in her ankle, as she checked Miller who looked dirty, but mostly unaffected as he waved her towards the Blake siblings.

'Admit it, you were wrong.' Octavia breathed to Bellamy moments before an arrow struck her leg.

'No! You're hit. No, Fall back, fall back now!' Bellamy yelled immediately.

Brinley reach for Octavia as she stumbled into Bellamy who looked panicked.

'Can you walk?' Octavia slumped even more and both Bellamy and Brinley helped her stand. 'O, hey, hold onto me, we have to get you behind that wall.'

Brinley bit her tongue as her ankle screamed in protest as she half carried Octavia.

Brinley could vaguely hear Clarke barking orders are the gunners until there was a sudden lull in the noise, followed by a bright like coming from above them.

'What's that?' Octavia panted, looking pale.

'I don't know.' Bellamy frowned. 'A drop ship from the Ark maybe?'

Brinley swallowed. 'No, that is the ark.'

As they watched, one ball of light exploded into many and Brinley had to look away.

'Take down the gate! Attack! Attack!'

The grounders began to move until a new sound entered the old. Hooting and chanting broke through everything else.

Bellamy took advantage of the chaos, setting Octavia down on a tree stump.

'Who is that?' Octavia asked.

'I don't know, while they're distracted, let's move.'

'I'll never make it.' Octavia gasped out. Leave me, I'll find another way.'

'I'm not going anywhere without you.' Bellamy denied her request immediately.

'Neither of us are.' Brinley confirmed quietly.

'Octavia!'

The voice put them all on edge until Lincoln's familiar features became visible.

'Lincoln!' Octavia immediately pulled Lincoln close and Lincoln shot Bellamy a wary look.

'You did this?' Bellamy asked roughly.

'With Finn.' Lincoln confirmed, looking at Octavia's injury. 'It's deep. I can help you but you'll have to come with me now.' Lincoln seemed to look to Bellamy for permission.

'Go. Let him help.'

'No way, I have to see this through!' Octavia shook her head.

'You can't walk and I can't get you back to the dropship.'

'He's right, this fight is over for you.' Lincoln agreed.

'Brin-' Octavia begged.

'You need to go, O. He'll keep you safe, you won't be safe here.' Brinley finished drily.

'O, O, listen to me. I told you my life was over the day you were born. The truth is, it didn't start until then. So go with him, I need you to live. Besides, I got this.'

Octavia and Bellamy hugged each other tightly and Brinley watched, her heart warming at the sight.

'Take care of her, or I'll personally hunt you down.' Brinley breathed to Lincoln who, to her surprise, cracked a smile.

'If anything happens to her, I'll let you.'

'I love you, big brother.' Octavia's eyes were shining.

Bellamy let Octavia go, and Brinley gingerly made her way to her friend, hugging her. 'Stay safe, okay.'

'You too.' Octavia nodded and Brinley and Bellamy helped Octavia stand up.

'You're hurt.' The voice came from behind Brinley.

'Brin?' Octavia frowned, looking between her and Lincoln.

'It's just a sprain, I'll be fine. You need to go, O.'

The gravity of the situation seemed to hit Octavia again as her eyes misted over as she looked to Bellamy, whose eyes were suspiciously shiny.

'May we meet again.' Bellamy's voice was quiet.

'May we meet again.' A few tears slipped down Octavia's cheeks as Lincoln began running, and finally disappeared.

'We'll see her again, Bellamy.'

Bellamy nodded slightly, still looking defeated as he placed a small kiss on her forehead that made Brinley's heart flutter.

Brinley could see Bellamy's composure breaking as she reached for his hand, staring at where Octavia had disappeared; a brief reprieve from the continuing chaos.

*****

Brinley and Bellamy appeared as close to the drop ship as they could get, which ended up being at the entrance to one of the foxholes. Clarke seemed to have been looking for them as relief broke out onto her face at their sudden appearance from her position by the door.

Bellamy pushed Brinley towards Clarke. 'Get in the dropship.'

The urgency in Bellamy's voice made Brinley stop. 'What?'

'Get in the drop ship now Brinley! Go!' Bellamy pushed her again as he charged towards a particularly nasty looking grounder who was enjoying killing whoever he could get his hands on.

'Bellamy!' Brinley tried to go towards Bellamy, but Clarke held her in place.

'He's fine, you're injured. Get in the dropship.' Clarkes voice was eerily calm, and the way she was refusing to let Brinley look towards where Bellamy was worried her.

The smell of smoke from the campfires was hanging over the immediate area like a grey cloud. The smell was something Brinley had become accustomed to over the time since she'd first stepped foot on the ground, and it had become somewhat of a comfort to her. She associated the scent of wood smoke with the promise of warmth and comfort - with home.

Only now, in this moment, the scent had an entirely different affect on her body. The smell of smoke meant fire and blood and the promise of pain and death at the hands of those who were out for her blood.

Clarke's grip loosened as something else caught her attention and Brinley took the opportunity to sneak away, pulling her gun from the mud.

She gripped the gun so tightly that the cool metal dug into the skin of her fingers almost painfully. Her hands were slick with sweat and she could taste the metallic tang of blood in her mouth. The man that appeared in front of her leered at her, a crazed almost dangerous look in his dark eyes. He expertly swung his sword, clipping her side as she cried out in pain, her small cry getting lost in the bittersweet song of the dying.

With shaking fingers she raised her gun, trying to steady her aim as she hurriedly pulled the trigger.

The man went down without so much as another sound, the bullet lodging itself neatly into his brain.

She stumbled backwards, horrified at the scenes of violence unfolding around her.

A hand gripped her shoulder and she whirled around looking for her new attacker only to find a mess of wavy blonde hair by her side. The relief she felt was almost palpable at the familiar face, but the relief soon disappeared at the look of panic and sadness on her friends tear streaked face.

'Clarke?' Her voice was hoarse from all the screaming she had done that day.

The blonde didn't answer her, dragging her towards the drop ship as quickly as their tired limbs would allow. Brinley allowed herself to be pulled inside, her ankle screaming in pain, realisation hitting her as she spied a mass of people waiting inside to greet them.

'We're going to massacre them.' She whispered. Clarke nodded in confirmation. The two stood by the doors as everyone began rushing inside, to the promise of safety.

Almost impulsively her eyes began wandering from person to person, looking for the familiar dark curls amongst the sea of terrified faces. Panic washed over her like a tidal wave when she realised that the person she was looking for wasn't there, and they were about to shut the drop ship door.

It was then that she caught sight of him, trying desperately to make his way to the drop ship, but unable to due to the savage hell bent on tearing him apart. Beside her, Clarke caught sight of Finn running to join the fight and her own desperation peaked as the two girls clung to one another only able to watch in terror as the two males fought bravely, though they were now vastly outnumbered.

'Stop! Finn, no! No, stop!' Clarke's voice cracked in desperation.

Brinley beside her slowly stopped fighting the people around her as the other male's dark eyes caught hers and he slowly nodded his head at her. It's okay.

Numbness consumed her and a strange feeling of detachment overcame her. It was as if she were watching a movie rather than living the scene she was watching play out.

Brinley's brain no longer wanted to comprehend what she was witnessing.

The numbness didn't last long as the grounder aimed to deliver a killing blow to the man beneath him. A scream bubbled up into her throat as Clarke shoved her into the drop ship, before sadly pulling the lever to close the door as the grounders rapidly approached, weapons blazing. Clarke glanced sadly at those around her as her brunette friend clung to her side.

Brinley felt as though she were choking, her lips struggling to form the word trying desperately to escape her trembling mouth. It was too late.

'Bellamy!'

*****

The drop ship doors closed, but not before Anya made her way inside.

Brinley was overcome with a wave of anger towards the woman who represented everything she hated about the savages that inhabited the earth.

Brinley wanted to kill her, and judging by the hostility in the ship, she wasn't the only one.

Stupidly, the woman tried to attack but one blow from Miller had her on the ground, the teenagers taking their anger and grief out on the warrior woman until Clarke managed to push them all back away from Anya.

'She deserves to die!' Miller protested.

'No! We are not grounders.' Clarke reminded them.

Not a moment later the jets fired, and slowly, everything fell silent.

*****

The dropship door opened again and Brinley waited with baited breath, hoping that Finn and Bellamy had somehow survived what she was sure was a catastrophic blast.

But one look at the smoking, charred bodies was enough confirmation that they were gone.

Brinley stood beside Clarke in silence, each of them grieving their friends, until red smoke began billowing around the survivors.

'What the hell?' Jasper asked.

'Mountain men.' Anya's eyes flitted around like a trapped animal, and Brinley idly realised that that's exactly what she was.

An animal.

Brinley's lungs began to fill with the red smoke as her knees met the ground, Clarke following, each of them unable to stop coughing and gasping for air.

Brinley saw a flash of green, and then nothing. 

END OF PART ONE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285K 5.9K 55
"You say that you have a whole hell of problems, but you underestimate the hell I've been through," I murmur, as he tilts his head downwards towards...
7.3K 179 25
In a world where it was all kill or be killed, watch someone die or die yourself. Tyra found something unexpected that came from the sky above. Her...
25.5K 479 46
Yes this is a rewrite I didn't like how I did my first Bellamy story so I'm putting more information in this one. "I need you now fucking wake up!" "...