But First, Coffee

By SleeplessAli

Savannah didn't expect to fall in love with her cute coffee barista. And she didn't expect it to be such a r... More

Authors Note
Night Drives
Headache/Heartbreak
Flashback One
Bowling For Two
Dine and Dash
Flashback Three
Nicknames
Flashback Four
Beginning Of An End
Flashback Five
Lost In The Mail
Flashback Six
Plus One
Flashback Seven
Dress For The Mess
Flashback Eight
Holy Matrimony
Flashback Nine
One For The Books

Flashback Two

26 1 0
By SleeplessAli

My heart pounded relentlessly in my chest as I eased into Taylor's driveway. I still couldn't believe he had jokingly agreed to go bowling with me and then actually followed through with it.

All I had done was mention how I had wanted to go and he told me, he would and I quote, "Decimate you in bowling." And that was a challenge I took seriously.

And suddenly I was at his house, picking him up.

God my life was weird.

"Nice ride." I turned my head as Taylor hopped in my car.

I shrugged, "Thanks. I mean this car is definitely my one prized possession. So really, I appreciate that."

He laughed, "Alright well, ready to get wrecked in bowling?"

"As if," I scoffed, "You have no idea what you're in for"

I pulled onto the highway and drove towards town, "Hey you wanna DJ for me?" I gestured to my phone.

"Sure," Taylor smiled as he scrolled through my music, "Woah! You have this?"

A Neutral Milk Hotel song came blasting through the speakers, "Uh, yes?" I quirked my eyebrow as Taylor excitedly pursed through my music.

"What! And this?"

Next came on an old Green Day song, "Taylor. What are you-"

I was cut off by an N.W.A song. I glanced at him, a small smirk on my face, "God you're so weird."

"I'm just so surprised! You have really good music taste."

"Do I look like someone that has shitty music taste?"

"No! I just mean... its cool."

I eyed him, "Right. Well thanks. I try."

We pulled into the bowling alley and I quickly parked before following Taylor inside. Our small talk ceased as we settled down at our lane,

"You ready for this?" Taylor asked while lacing up his bowling shoes.

"Puh-lease, I was born ready."

I watched as he took his first turn and rolled in a strike. My face immediately fell, "Well, hell." I muttered to myself. He spun around; bringing his fist down with him in excitement,

"Beat that!"

"Uh, yah." My confidence lost momentum as I stepped up. I grabbed the ball and exhaled; bringing my hand down and releasing the ball... straight into the gutter.

There was a moment of silence as I stared down the lane and Taylor stared after me.

Then he started howling.

Howling.

He was like a damn hyena. Taylor couldn't stop laughing and wheezing, while muttering in-between breaths, "You said... I'm so good... I'm the best...as if!"

My face morphed into a scowl, "Shut it, kid."

"But... Savannah!"

I glowered, his smile growing, "Oh, tonight's gonna be fun."

And let me tell you, getting beat 245 to 54 is not fun.

"I'm such a good bowler, as if!" Taylor mocked me as we got back in the car.

"You know, I don't need this in my life."

"Oh, but I think you do." He nudged me with his shoulder, "Come onnnn,"

I rolled my eyes, a smile playing on my lips, "Pancakes?"

"Huh?"

"Sorry, do you want to get pancakes?"

He raised an eyebrow, "Is that even a question?"

So, I drove us to the local diner with Taylor blasting every song he could find and exclaim about in astonishment.

"You're so dumb." I mumbled as I shot him a look and shook my head.

He just smiled brightly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169 0 7
"Falling in love is like giving someone a gun, letting them point it at your heart, and trusting that they won't pull the trigger." That's how it was...
192 12 15
Amanda Smith has never had a drop of caffeine in her life. After stumbling upon a cozy coffee shop, she decides to discover her taste buds and maybe...
382K 12.5K 29
It all started with an accidental meeting in a coffee shop and a risky bet. Feelings carried it on from that fateful opportunity. And sometimes, you...
1.4K 244 20
Enjoy your coffee break at Amma's Cafe while sipping the coffee mixed with friendship and love.