Ethereal Angels

By EleanorHelena

"No escaping this place, " Falentine whispered in her ear. "You belong to us now" Adelina... More

Trailer and Character Profiles
1. Creatures in the Night.
2. Home
3. Somebody Somewhere
4. They can't take you from me.
5. Ghost of what once was.
6. I Can Feel Your Heart
7. Breathe
8. I won't be afraid
9. The Candles Blew and Then Disappeared
10. You Followed The Loss of Sound
11. Always Second Guessing
12. My World Split In Two
13. I Can't Let You Slip Through My Hands
14. More Like The Moon
15. Echo in the Emptyness
16. Why Not Watch Me Hurt?
17. As Old As Your Omens
18. Nothings The Same When You Give It Away
19. I'll Drown In the Rainfall.
20. Before The Damage Was Done.
21. If I Had A Heart I Could Love You.
22. Are You Deranged Like Me?
23. Is It Your Heart, Is It Just Thunder
24. You Keep Me Without Chains
25.You'll Be Coming Clean Tonight
26. Frozen Waves Meet Ocean Floors.
27.You Bleed Me Dry and I Don't Ask Why.
28. To A Place Where Love Won't Die.
29. As the World Falls Down.
30. A Dream Without An End
31. Stars Crawling out of the Sky
32. How They Hold You Like a Gun.
Wattpad Block Party!!
33. I Was Only Trying To Wake You Up.
34. We're All Broken People.
Folkes Chapter
35. And I'm Offering All Of Me.
Folke's Chapter
37. I've been thinking too much. Help me.
38. Don't Listen When I scream

36.Coming Apart At the Seams

548 28 2
By EleanorHelena

Birds chirped as the sun broke through the trees. Adelina stirred as she was still wound tight into Folkes strong arms.

"Oh...it's um morning." Adelina whispered.

"That it is." Folke placed a small kiss on Adelina's nose. "Good Morning."

Adelina picked herself up off the ground. "Aaron and Madeline are going to be freaking out."

"Oh don't worry about them. They know I was with you."

"Wait...how? And wait." Adelina's voice raised. "They know?"

"Werewolf thing, long story. And no not like that. Just that I'm with you and you're safe. Don't worry okay?" He grabbed her pulling her back into his arms. "You got a few leaves in your hair." He chuckled as he picked a few out.

"Probably going to be cleaning the grass and leaves out of my tangles for weeks."

"You okay with this? Us?" Folke's forehead creased as the words came out.

"I am. I feel lighter. I meant what I said, I do love you." Adelina smiled at him pulling his arm over her frame. "I feel so safe with you. You make my heart flutter and my stomach sputter."

"No training today okay? I have something I'd like to show you later and I need to do a few errands and things." He said rising to his feet and pulling on his clothes.

"A day of rest hmm..I guess I could use one of those."

"I'll take you home." Folke extended his hand out lifting her to her feet. They stayed silent most of the way home, smiling at each other. "I'll come get you later today okay?" He said as she made her way up the stairs.

"I'll look forward to seeing you very soon." Adelina watched as Folke disappeared into the forest before she opened the wooden door and entered the house.

The house was still and Adelina knew it had been early still. She crept up the stairs with an eerie silence, watching every creaky step. Adelina entered the bathroom and entered the cold tile shower. She washed her hair, a few times, attempting to get the grass, leaves, bugs and whatever else was in the mess of tangles. Adelina got out, got dressed and made her way into the kitchen.

"Well look at you all smiles this morning." Madeline's voice came through the door. "Didn't come home last night either." Madeline winked.

"Oh don't."

"Oh, you're blushing!" Madeline exclaimed. "I won't press you, but I want you to know I'm happy. Folke's a good guy who has spent a lot of time alone. He's never really taken to anyone quite like he has with you."

"He doesn't seem like much of a loner."

"No, not now that he has you around. I swear I never saw him smile until he met you. When he came to us he was a mess. And he had every right to be just like you did. But now he smiles all the time. I'm glad he has you."

"He doesn't talk much about his past, does he?" Adelina thought. "I don't know too much about that at least."

"He doesn't. I think sometimes it hurts for him to even think about it. But that is beside the point! I am very happy and I'm glad you both are happy too."

"Me too. He's coming by later today but he gave me the day off from training. Guess I can be a bit lazy today. Unless you need me?" Adeline questioned.

"Nah, go read and enjoy yourself a bit. You haven't had a day off in quite some time."

"Thank you, Madeline."

Adelina grabbed a muffin and a banana and ran upstairs into her room. She grabbed a book, sat by the window and began to read. Her eyes got a bit heavy as she curled up on the seat by the window and dozed off.

"Adelina..I'm coming for you.." Asmund's voice came from the darkness of her dream. "You belong to me, with us." He appeared right in front of her. "YOU BELONG TO US."

Adeline awoke with a jolt and pain shot through her body. She pressed her cheek up to the window, trying to cool herself down. The sound of her heart beating echoed in her ears.

"You okay?" Aaron's voice broke through the door.

"Yeah, just a nightmare. I'm fine, though." She smiled.

"Folke is downstairs. Take your time, though." Aaron's eyebrows creased heavily with worry. "He just got here and we have a bit of business to discuss. You know explosives, rescues, killing vamps and demons. The fun stuff."

"The fun stuff," She echoed. "I'll be down soon."

Aaron nodded and exited towards the stairs. Adelina's heart began to slow and she stood up and went to the closet. She pulled on one of the blue summer dresses she had borrowed from Madeline and a white jacket. She pulled her hair back into a messy ponytail and grabbed some flat shoes. After she finished up she ran down the stairs, this time not caring as they creaked. She found Madeline in the living room looking over some papers.

"Are they still discussing all the 'fun' stuff as Aaron
called it?"

"They should be done soon. You look pretty."

"Feels a bit weird to wear dresses. The vampires used to make me wear them too, but I guess I might just prefer jeans."

"I'm with you there! Sometimes it's nice to feel pretty in a dress though."

"Yeah..hey can I ask you a question?"

"Of course you can." Madeline said putting her papers down.

"Do you ever have dreams that feel," She paused. "Real. So real it leaves your body hurting?"

"Yes, I've had nightmares like that. You just have to remind yourself they aren't real. "

"It just felt so real."

"What felt so real," Folke's voice sounded into the living room.

"Just a nightmare. It shook me up."

"Well let me cheer you up. I have something I'd like to show you." He grabbed her elbow softly and began to drag her towards the front door.

"Don't keep her out so late this time!" Aaron yelled as they exited out and into the woods.

The two walked hand-in-hand through the blooming forest. The birds around them chirped and the rustle of animals scurrying through the leaves echoed.

"Do you trust me?" Folke questioned.

"I do."

"Close your eyes. Don't open them okay?"

Adelina closed her eyes and Folke held onto her waist. He began to guide her through the forest until she began to hear the trickling of water.

"Don't peak just yet." He took his arm off her waist and guided her body to face another direction. "Open those beautiful eyes now."

As she did her breath caught in her throat. What laid in front of her was the most beautiful sight she had ever seen. The ground was thick with luscious green grass. The wildflowers growing all around and in the center was a small pond with a tiny trickling streams running through the mass of flowers and bushes.

"Wo-w," The words got stuck in her throat.

"I knew you'd love this Adelina."

She moseyed over to the sparkling water and saw the small fish swimming back and forth. They were beautiful and each had a unique color to them. She saw a duck munching on some grass to the side of the pond and a few babies trailing behind in the flowers. Adelina leaned down and began to smell some of the purple bushy flowers that spread across the bank of the pond.

"This smells lovely."

"Lavender." He said sneaking up behind her. "Adelina, I brought you here because I want you to know I trust you. I really don't want you to be scared after what happened last night. I brought you here hoping we can be honest and open with each other." He stalked over to the pond and dipped his hand in. "I don't open up a lot about my past but you know both my parents were killed. It was and still is hard for me to come to terms with this. His blue eyes began to glisten with tears. "I know you feel a lot of guilt for what happened with your family and I understand. I couldn't help my family either. I heard their screams and I just hid. I was young and scared but I still wish I had done more. " Folke poured his heart out to Adelina about what happened that day. His tears streaked down his eyes. 

"I understand Adelina. I really do. I know how it feels. But when I met you I felt all that sadness drain. I felt a spark and it made life feel worth living again." He moved towards her now. "I know you loved Daniel, I realize what the vampires did to you and your family. I also understand you felt something with one of the vamps too. I want you to know I understand. I don't necessarily like the idea, but I do understand. But I want you to know that this is real too. What I feel for you is real. I want to spend my life with you. I want us to grow old together." He kneeled down in front of her and pulled something out of a pocket. "I hope you want the same thing. And I guess what I'm really wanting to say.." He paused as he held out a small ring in his hand. "Are you willing in turning this into forever with me?"

Adelina's heart fluttered with excitement, her mouth turned upwards. Tears began to streak down her face as she looked him in the eyes. Those beautiful blue eyes that shone with so much love.

"I am."

Folke grabbed her and threw her into arms, holding her up to his chest. She pressed her head to his chest as he held tightly onto her. "I love you so much. You are my starlight."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 622 8
An angelic halfling, thrown into a brutal war - not her own. Can she survive, can humanity? Angels or Hellion, Sky hates them both, hell, she even ha...
194K 8K 55
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT A FANFICTION BOOK ABOUT THE SHOW "LUCIFER". (under editing) Copyright © 2019 by Sinderella All Rights Reserved ~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
240 22 11
A lost soul can only mean bad things. Right? Yes. Onyx is an average girl. Lives by herself, very friendly and kind, never read any horror or to viv...
85.7K 2.7K 21
Adeline always knew there was something different about herself. On her twenty-first birthday the dreams... And nightmares began. Every night, a str...