Asami The Water Dragon Slayer

By mei1524

Her blue eyes flickered over to her husband with a soft expression on her face, despite the bad things that h... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: Asami Amagai
Chapter 2: Erza Is Back*
Chapter 3: Lullaby*
Chapter 4: Erigor
::4::Flame and Wind
::5::The Strongest Team
::6:: Natsu Devours A Village
Filler-Flashback
::7:: Natsu vs Erza
::8:: The Cursed Island
::9:: MoonDrip
::10:: Natsu Vs Yuka the Wave User
::11:: Do Whatever You Want!
::12:: Eternal Magic
::13:: Decisive Battle on Galuna Island
::14:: Burst
::15:: Reach the Sky Above!
Filler-Changeling
::16:: The Phantom Lord
::17:: Lucy Heartfilia
::18:: 15 Minutes
::19:: To Keep Those From Seeing Tears
::20:: A Flower Blooms in the Rain
::21:: Wings of Flame
::22:: The Two Dragon Slayers
::23:: Ms. Fairy Tail
::24:: Fight Among Friends
::25::Thunder Palace
::26:: Excommunications and Parades
::27:: Oracion Seis
Flashback
::28:: An Alliance
::29::Uncertainty
::30:: Sky Maiden
::31:: Jellal
::32:: Choices
::33:: Gray?
::34:: Nirvana
::35:: Jura
::36:: Rune Knights
::37:: Wendy
::38:: The Engagement
::40:: The Strongest Mage
::41:: Edolas?
::42:: A non motion sickness Natsu?
::43:: The Giant Lacrima
::44:: Prisoners
::45:: Rescued!
::46:: Asami vs Hotaru
::47:: Saving Extalia
::48:: Four Dragon Slayers vs The King
::49:: Goodbye Edolas!
::50:: Teams
::51:: S-Class Trials
::52:: Old Friend
::53:: Goodbye, Toshiro
::54:: Life
::55:: Team Natsu vs Hades
::56:: Fight Over
::57:: Acnologia
::58:: Haru
::59:: 7 Years
::60:: Aceto and Velveno
::61:: Grand Magic Games
::62:: Hidden!
::63:: Wagers
::64:: Wendy vs Chelia
::65:: Ryuuzetsu Land
::66:: Naval Battle
::67:: Defeat
::68:: Fairy Tail vs Sabertooth
::69:: Asami vs Minerva
::70:: Water and Ice
::71:: 8 Dragons
::72:: 1 Minute
::73:: Time
::74:: Day Off
::75:: Bets
::76:: Confessions
::77:: A New Adventure
::78:: Treasure Hunters
::79:: Doriate
::80:: Atlas Flame
::81:: Council Members
::82:: F.A.C.E
::83:: 41 Minutes
::84:: Familiarity
::85:: Asami vs Keyes
::86:: Igneel
::87:: Dragons
::88:: Goodbye
::89:: Time Passing
::90:: Bittersweet
::91:: Doubt
::92:: We Meet Again
::93:: Reasons
::94:: Reunited
::95:: Discoveries and Decisions
::96:: Caracole Island
::97:: Rescue Mission
::98:: Movie Part 1
::99:: Movie Part 2
::100:: Movie Part 3
::101:: Reasons to Fight
::102::And So it begins...
::103:: Old Faces
::104:: Promise to Win
::105:: Fighting for Tomorrow
::106:: The Winter General
::107:: Despair
::108:: Hatred
::109:: Gray and Natsu
::110:: Decisions...
::111:: Fairy Tail Academy Part 1
::112:: Fairy Tail Academy Part 2
::113:: Fairy Tail x Rave Master
::114:: Training Camp
::115:: 12 Years Part 1
::116:: 12 Years Part 2
::117:: Gray VS Zeref
::118:: Natsu's Book
::119:: Saving A Friend
::120:: Missing Dragon Slayers
::121:: To Slay A Dragon
::122:: To Get Back Home
::123:: Epilogue
Christmas OVA
Dragon Cry: Part 1
Dragon Cry: Part 2

::39:: Wendy's First Big Job

10K 181 18
By mei1524

After the Fairy Tail group arrived back at the guild the first thing they did was introduce Wendy and Carla to the whole guild. The guild was informed about her being a Sky Dragon Slayer and Asami's little sister. Everyone was shocked to say the least. Asami offered to let Wendy to live with her, Gray, and Haru but the small blunette politely declined. As much as she wanted to stay with her older sister, she wanted to be a bit more independent after relying on others for so long. Asami understood even though she was bummed about not having her sister living with her. But, that didn't stop the two from spending time with each other.

Although a couple days after they all had time to relax back at the guild Makarov sent Asami on a small job that required her to go to the Council. She had made it back in time to do a unison raid with Gray to stop a giant mechanical dragon made by a woman named Daphne. After Gray had told her his side of the story and why he did that she scolded him for doing something so reckless.She understood that it was partly Natsu's fault for forgetting a promise he made years ago but, that didn't mean Gray had to go to such extreme lengths to punish him.

A couple weeks after that incident the Fairy Tail Guild hosted the flower viewing party. Unfortunately for Lucy, she got sick the day of the party because of the job they had taken the day before. However, Natsu and Happy took it upon themselves to dig up the giant cherry blossom tree and had it float past Lucy's home in order for her to see it. Needless to say, the two got into trouble for it the day after.

And now mostly everyone was at the guild as some had gone one jobs. Unlike Wendy who had just gotten back from doing a small job on her own. 

She stood in front of the job board as her brown eyes looked around at the different jobs. Beside her Carla stared at the board as well. "None of these jobs seem particularly enticing." The feline muttered.

"Oh my! You're back already and looking for another job to go on." Mirajane said standing behind the small girl and cat. Wendy turned around at the sound of the barmaid voice and shifted nervously. She was still adjusting to everyone in the guild and tended to get nervous. "It seems you're getting used to the work we do around here pretty quickly." She smiled brightly at the blunette.

"So far she's taken the small low paying jobs. So she could stand to be a bit more ambitious." Carla pointed out.

"I'm trying!" Wendy puffed out her cheeks in annoyance.

Mirajane giggled. "There's nothing wrong with taking small steps to get experience. It's perfectly normal to start that way."

"She right! But, don't you want to start getting into the big jobs that we do?" Natsu asked as he approached with Gray and Asami next to him.

Gray had an arm wrapped around his fiance's shoulders. "They're fun."

"Not to mention you can visit some really cool places." Asami added smiling at her little sister.

"Now that you mention it. The sooner that I'm able to take on some of the bigger jobs the sooner I can be more helpful to the guild." The blunette said with look of determination. Carla released a sigh. Some of the members in the guild began to compliment and praise the younger girl on wanting to work and wanting to do her part. She thanked them.

"Lucy could sure take a page or two from her book, eh." Happy muttered to Haru nodded in response.

"Are you trying to say i'm not helpful or that I've got no heart." Lucy narrowed her eyes at the two cats.

"Wow. Tough question." The two said simultaneously.

"No it's not! Stupid cats!" She snapped before she smiled cutely. "I'm helpful by inspiring others with my inner and outer beauty."

"You help me laugh by saying stuff like that!" Happy said while Haru said. "You got that right. She's always saying cheesy stuff like that." The two cats snickered.

"You're so rude!" She started to chase after the two flying cats.

Asami sweat dropped. "She let's herself get riled up too easily."

Gray snorted. "She reminds me of Erza with that short temper."

"Don't let her hear you say that." She muttered and glanced at him. "And put your clothes back on. I don't need my sister to see you flashing her." She scolded him as she handed him his clothes.

"Sorry." He said sheepishly.

Reedus interrupts their conversation. "Anyway I'm sure that everyone that's out on jobs for a while will be surprised when they get back. You might be the youngest recruit we've had." He said making her laugh nervously.

"He's right. What'll Gildarts say?"

"I haven't heard that name in ages."

"And nobody's heard of him in a long time either." Gray added. He glanced at Natsu. "He's been on that job for how many years now?"

"I don't know. Like three? Maybe." Natsu said.

"I wouldn't worry about him. I mean it's Gildarts for crying out loud."

"He's fine that guy can handle anything." Warren waved them off.

Asami glanced at Cana who was staring at her drink thoughtfully. Her blue eyes filled with sympathy. Oh Cana.

"It just so happens. That we have the perfect job for you!" Mirajane said as she approached the blunette. "This poor person is in dire need of a wizard who can sooth his heart. It doesn't pay a lot but it does require some travel which would be some good experience."

Gray leans over to see the job. "Where is anyway?All the way over in Onibas."

"What are they asking for?" Natsu asked.

Wendy hummed as she looked it over. "Well it says Thank You Very Much."

Asami felt herself pale as everyone apart of Team Natsu freezes except for Erza who was out on a job.

"Thanks for no reason?" Lucy squeaked.

"Hey! Wait that's ringing a weird bell inside me." Natsu muttered as he himself also felt nauseous.

"It's hopeless. I'm doomed. Why? Because again and again I'm left out in the cold. My actors deserted me and my art is kept hidden from the world. The size of the hole in my psyche is enormous. Thank you so much. Signed, Rabian." Wendy finished reading aloud.

"That name sounds familiar." Haru muttered beside Happy.

"That's the crazy little guy who runs the theater." Gray said in annoyance remembering their experience there.

"Yeah. Remember that play we had to perform in." Asami muttered with a shudder.

"Woah! You mean Frederick and Yanderica?!" Happy exclaimed.

Asami leaned down beside her sister and gave her a worried look. "Wendy. Please take my advice and don't do it."

Gray muttered an agreement also giving the blunette a worried look.

"Yeah. He's a total slave driver for real." Natsu added with a shiver.

Lucy nodded. "The work was hard. The play was terrible. And he made us do like 50 shows before we could leave."

"I'm against it as well." Carla said turning to the sky dragon slayer. "Just because the job is available. That doesn't mean you have to take it. Something feels wrong about it."

"You're normally right about these kinds of things but this guy sounds like he could really use some help." She muttered as she looked at the job in her hand.

Carla gave her a scolding look. "Follow your heart but use your head, child. Besides if I may speak candidly, jobs such as this. I don't think you're quite ready for them yet."

"That's not true. I am ready to do this. You'll see." Wendy huffed.

"Well I'm afraid that I won't see, child. Because I will not be going with you." The white feline said. Lucy tried to diffuse the fight but Carla just ignored her and Asami stared at her little sister in worry.

"Well fine. I'm going to take this job anyway." Wendy said.

"Hold on. You're not thinking about going alone. Right, Wendy?" Asami asked her.

"Yep." She nodded giving her a reassuring smile.

"Hold your horses young lady." Makarov said grabbing their attention. "I know you have a great deal of good intentions but it's simply not wise to go alone. And as speaking as the Master of this guild I completely forbid it." He said before taking a gulp of his beer. "Which of you has been there before?" He looked at them all."Let me see." His gaze fell on the small brown cat standing in front of Gray and Asami. "Haru."

"Who? Me?" The small brown cat asked.

The master nodded. "And you as well, Freed. You go with them. You seem to be idol at the moment."

"If that is your wish, master. I shall." Freed said getting off the barstool.

"What?!" Haru yelped.

"That was super random!" Gray, Asami, Lucy, Happy, and Natsu all said.

❄💧❄💧

"Well I guess. We'll be on our way." Wendy said standing next to Freed and Haru as they faced Team Natsu, Makarov, and Cana who were seeing them off in front of the guild.

"Try to be careful out there you guys." Gray said.

Asami narrowed her gaze at the green haired mage. "You better make sure nothing happens to Wendy." She and Gray had already spoken to Haru and told him he shouldn't fall asleep on the job and to follow everything Wendy says.

"I swear on my honor. I will keep her safe." Freed said giving her a nod.

"Remember, this is a learning for Wendy. Please keep your involvement to a minimum." Makarov said this to Freed who nodded. The trio began to walk away as they made their way to the train station.

Asami's eye twitched in annoyance as she stared the trio leaving.

"What's wrong, Asami?" Lucy asked her.

"I just have a bad feeling about those three going off." She said. "You know Master is it alright if I-"

Makarov sent her a look. "Don't even think about it young lady."

The ravenette pouted. "Why not."

"Because I'm the master. And I said so~" He said before skipping away with a giggle as he drank beer.

Asami's eye twitched as she watched his retreating figure. Gray laughed nervously. "They'll be fine, Asami."

"Ice stripper here is right. I mean come one, Asami. She's a dragon slayer so she can take care of herself." Natsu said with a huge grin on his face.

She sighed. "I don't know." She mumbled.

"I know the best way to wash away your worries." Cana said.

Lucy raised a brow. "You mean drinking?" The ravenette glanced at the blonde and nodded.

"Hell yeah!" The brunette yelled happily and grabbed Asami and took her inside. The rest followed.

"Are you okay with Cana getting your fiance drunk?" Lucy asked Gray.

Gray waved her off. "She'll be fine. She actually has a high tolerance so she's able to keep up with Cana."

She glanced back at the ravenette with Cana who handed her a huge barrel. "If you say so." She muttered and glanced back at the ice mage who was now fighting with Natsu.

❄💧❄💧

"Hey Lucy. *Hiccup* Hey Gray~" Asami slurred as she sat next to Gray.

"You're drunk already!?" Lucy exclaimed in shock and looked at Gray. "I thought you said she had a high tolerance!?"

"Cana bought this *Hiccup* highly concentrated bottle of liquor~" She said with tinted cheeks as she hugged Gray's arm to keep herself balanced. "It made me forget*Hiccup* that-*Hiccup*Wait what was I saying?" She tilted her head in confusion.

Gray snorted. "You forgot that Wendy and Haru went on a job with Freed." He said.

Asami blinked. "That's right. *Hiccup*" Her eyes began to water. "My baby *Hiccup* sister is out on her first job *Hiccup* with an aloof man and a cat who always falls asleep *Hiccup* And went on a job at that horrible *Hiccup* theater." She cried.

"Don't cry!" Gray began to panic and glanced to the blonde and gaped when she was no longer there. "What the-Lucy?!" She was no longer in sight. "Traitor!"

"She, Carla, and Erza went to go make sure that the group made it safely to Onibus since the train is getting fixed." Mirajane informed him as he held Asami who was still crying. She walked away leaving the couple.

He sweat dropped. "Now, Asami. They'll be okay. Carla, Lucy, and Erza went to make sure Wendy made it okay."

Teary blue eyes stared up at him. "Really?" She asked doubtfully.

"Yeah." His gaze softened. "So how about we stay here and wait for them to get back?" He asked her gently.

She sniffled. "*Hiccup* Okay." She rested her head on his shoulder as they sat at one of the tables in the back.

He sighed as he kept an arm around her. I almost forgot that you can be a very emotional person when you get drunk. He thought as he glanced at the now sleeping ravenette in his arms. I only hope they come back soon.

The two groups came back late at night and by that time Asami was already feeling better despite a small headache. Both her and Gray were surprised when Haru came flying towards them crying about how Freed fed him and Wendy flying fish. The two had to repress a shudder knowing how bland the fish tasted. He also told them how the green haired mage almost cooked him alive in the desert when they were traveling. Needless to say, the green haired mage apologized several time and even offered to shave his head again as repentance. It was awkward for the couple when they tried to stop him. They were just glad that Wendy didn't have to perform but instead had to kick everyone off of Rabian's property. All in all it was good experience for Wendy who made Asami proud for being able to complete the job on her own despite her worries. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 765 43
It was so dark. I was thinking about my guild, wait, what was the name of my guild? What was a guild again? I felt like I should know, but just could...
355K 6.5K 120
#1 in the Gray Fullbuster tag August 13 ♡ Gray x OC I was just bored and I like fairy tail so I made this. This is based off the anime and more on f...
188K 6.1K 28
This is a Fairy Tail fan-fiction: Natsu X OC (Serenity Rose, the Water Dragon Slayer). There are also some Gray moments if you prefer the Ice-Make st...
5.6K 250 20
Gray Fullbuster and Juvia Lockser a ship that Fairy Tail fans all love! Gray comes back to the guild with a curse that prevents him by talking to hi...