Ticky-Tacky

By The_Akward_Silence

"They all looked just the same." That kind of explains what a society is, right? We all look just the same... More

Prologue
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[April Fools....you can just skip this, I won't be mad...much]
[13]
[14]
NOTE
[15]
[16]

[17]

149 6 1
By The_Akward_Silence

This is just a song I am currently obsessed with.

"Are you sure about this?" Ferris glared down at his hands.

"No, but I don't think that this is something that we should just ignore. You should've seen her face Ferris, it had guilty written all over it!" I practically yelled while running a hand through my hair.

He sighed, "Okay, I won't say that you're wrong about this but we can't just arrest her over how you thought her face looked."

"I'm not saying to arrest her, but that we should all keep an eye on her."

Ferris nodded while seeming to be in deep thought, "You shouldn't reveal anything to anyone else until we know more. By anyone I mean even your sister."

My jaw clenched, "I know."

"I'm glad you brought this to my attention before doing anything drastic."

I snorted,"Like confronting her head on and attacking her?" 

"Something like that." Ferris chuckled and stood up. "If there's nothing else, I'll be on my way."

I followed him out of the kitchen and into the entrance of the house. "Thanks for showing up on such short notice, I know you have so many other things to do."

Ferris smiled, "You're so much more important than you believe and you will soon realize that Echo." Before I could respond, he already opened the door and left me speechless.

"Is everything okay?" I turned around saw that Hasel was standing on the steps looking down at me with worry.

I tried to give her a reassuring smile, "It will be."

"I can't believe the school was bombed." She shook her head and took a seat on the stairs.

"I can't say that I'm surprised." I walked over and sat down beside her.

She looked at me in confusion, "How are you not surprised that someone would bomb and kill dozens of teenagers?"

I shrugged, "Because things are finally progressing in a positive way and there are many who oppose Ferris' project and the idea of coexisting with Nons."

"But that doesn't mean that someone would go to such lengths!" Hasel retorted in frustration.

I looked at her, "You have a lot to learn about the world Hasel, not everyone is right in the head and will do anything to get their idea across. Yes, that means to even kill innocent teenagers and not feel any remorse about it because they feel that they're doing the world a favor. This is just how people are and the quicker you realize this fact, the easier it will be to accept  situations like this."

"I'm not stupid, I just can't fathom how-" Tears filled her eyes and that's when she completely broke down. 

She's just a kid. 

I closed my eyes and exhaled at this realization and made a promise to try and protect that innocence that she still has. As she cried into her hands, I pulled her into me and allowed her to soak my shirt with her tears. 

"I'm glad you were outside when all of this happened, Hasel. I don't know what would've happened if you saw the things that I saw." I whispered to her.

"I don't care about myself right now, some of the kids that died were in my classes and I even talk to them on occasion. Their family must be a fucking mess right now Echo!" She wept harder into my shirt and clutched onto me tightly.

"I know, it's going to be okay. I will find the bastard who did this and bring them down and make them wish that they were never born." My jaw clenched as Tacita's guilt ridden face surfaced in my mind.

I will fucking bring you down, I can promise that.

* * *

"I'm proud of you." I should feel happy to hear those words, but all I can feel is the heavy weight of guilt.

"Thanks." I gave him a plastic smile.

"I still can't believe that she's one of those Keets who believe that we should live on equal standing with them!" I sighed internally as he began an all familiar rant since he found out that his sister was the leader of FUNK.

"I know Coda, but I don't think what she is doing is entirely wrong." He stopped ranting and set his metallic eyes on to me. Coda walked until he was towering over my significantly shorter stature.

"Are you telling me that you support the idea of degrading ourselves and being on the same level as those uneducated apes?" 

"I'm just saying that maybe FUNK isn't such a bad-ARGH!" My legs gave out as I felt as if someone had an iron grip on my brain and slowly squeezing until there was nothing else.

I distantly heard a laugh, "Did you forget what they did to you-to all of us?" 

All I could do was claw my face to somehow stop the feeling of a millions insects crawling over my face. I could barely comprehend what he was saying to me, all I knew was that he was the cause of this pain. I tried to blink away the blurry vision to see here Coda was so I could beg him to stop, but every time I blinked my vision got worse.

"'P-p-please s-s-s-" My voice left me as the pain was too much and the most I could do was feebly claw at the direction I thought Coda was.

Feet appeared in front of me and my hair was suddenly grabbed, "Do you see my way now?" All I could do was groan in pain. 

"I'll take that as a yes." I gasped from the sudden stop of the pain. My whole body shook in exhaustion from Coda's ability. 

"I hope you don't question my views anymore." I couldn't even respond since I was too busy vomiting on floor.

"Make sure you clean that up." I lifted my eyes to see Coda sneer in disgust before turning and leaving me in the pool of my own vomit.

Tears threatened to fall, but I bit my tongue as punishment for even thinking of showing any weakness to someone like him. I shakingly stood up and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand. My whole body protested as I made my way to the bucket and mop that was placed near the door. It wasn't a coincidence that the mop and bucket was there. Coda is a man who is easily angered and tends to take his anger out on the person closest to him, me. 

As I mopped up my mess, I thought of how I got into such a terrible situation. I was an unlucky individual who fell for the first person who showed a shred of kindness. Coda was the first person to not sneer at me in disgust. He gave me a home to stay in and all of the love and tenderness I so desperately needed.  I glared at the mess in anger pointed toward my younger and broken self. When he offered a place to stay I should've shook my head and ignored him, but I was in such a need of a person's generosity that I instantly took his hand. Now look at the fuckery I'm in! Without my permission, tears traveled down my cheeks at the thought of all of those deaths I caused. They didn't deserve such a violent and meaningless end. 

You can stop this you know?

I shook my head at that stupid thought that always popped inside of my head. Coda would kill me before I could even leave the building to stop him. He somehow always knew when I stray and stops me right in my tracks, usually in a violent way. Plus, I have blood on my hands now and if I tried to report Coda, they would arrest me for manslaughter.

I'll just have to keep doing what he says and hope that all of this ends quickly.

Hey guys! Yep, I have another update so you can celebrate!!!!!YAAAAAAASSSSSSSS!!! Okay I'm chill now. Anyways I have another update and so I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I'm not sure when I'll be updating next sooo yeah haha. The main reason why I finished this chapter was cause I've been home for winter break which is basically three weeks of me doing absolutely nothing 😒 Yeah so I thought to pass some time that I should write the rest of this chapter. How am I doing? Wow you're so nice! I'm doing amazing since I found out that I didn't fail one of my classes and I have above a 3.0 GPA for my first semester so yeah I'm pretty damn good and this news years I went to my fav gay bar and got hit on by a shit ton of chicks(mainly drunk ones) lol I even got hit on by this lady old enough to be my grandma 😂😂😂! But yeah I hoped you guys had an awesome Christmas and New Years! Till next time 😁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.3K 1.4K 25
Satan has been mistreated since day one. Ever since her parents found out they were having boy and girl twins, they have been disgusted but the fact...
1K 65 48
Ages 14+ (lesbian concepts and some profanity) This is not your everyday love story, okay? It's not a chick flick either. The events and themes withi...
Differential By Btwins2

Science Fiction

1.4K 146 16
Different- 1) Not the same as another, or each other; Unlike in nature, form or quality. I thought being different was a good thing. You know, the...
SAMENESS By K. Weikel

Science Fiction

72.1K 1.7K 10
/// SAMENESS, WHAT WE STRIVED FOR SO LONG TO ACHIEVE. BUT WHAT IF YOU'RE DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT? \\\ Nine months of Hibernation, three months of be...