[8]

"You got everything?" Harmony adjusted her backpack and giving me a nod.

I gave our apartment one last look before closing the door behind me. A small part of me felt a little sad since the place has good and bad memories that I will always remember. But the bigger part of me was glad that me and Har can leave this shitty place behind and start a new life. I turned around to Harmony wearing a  a big grin on her face and she was bouncing excitedly.

"You ready for your new life?" Harmony was bouncing in place from the excitement.

"As long as it's better than this." I waved a hand at our now old apartment.

Harmony rolled her eyes at me, "At least pretend to be excited and happy. You're supposed to be since you're the leader of the whole thing."

I shrugged, "Yay." Harmony glared at me before huffing and walking away from me. 

"You told me to at least pretend to be excited, but I'm not good at pretending." When Harmony didn't respond I chuckled in amusement before walking with her to the sidewalk.

We were walking to the clinic since Ferris had more to say before the project began. A week  passed and people were still buzzing about it in excitement. All of the Keets seemed to be on board while the Nons either ignored the whole thing all together or showed hatred by glaring at every Keet they saw. Thankfully, there were no more protests coming from the Nons since they realized that no matter how hard they protested, the project would continue whether they supported it or not.

"Hey!" I turned around and saw Levi waving his hand at us frantically while running towards us.

"So are you guys excited?" He asked as soon as he caught up to us.

"Who wouldn't be!" Harmony responded while waving her arms in exasperation.

He chuckled, "Good point."

"Did you get your address?" I asked as we walked down the sidewalk where Nons shot us looks of anger and hatred.

Levi pulled out a plain white envelope, "Yep. I also received my job title."

Throughout the week, Keets went to the clinic and took their career test. It was said that they would get their job title the same time they would find out who will be housing them. Harmony and I also received an envelope stating the address to the person who will house us and saying that we will both be Seniors at Hillside High School.

"What is your job title?" I asked when I saw Levi grinning from ear to ear.

"That," He slid the envelope in the waist of his black pants. "is a secret."

"Fine, be secretive." I huffed while crossing my arms.

"I will." He replied while hooking his thumbs in his belt loops.

"I wonder what else Ferris has to tell us." Harmony pondered as the clinic came into view.

"Probably to explain the rules and stuff that we have to follow or whatever." As we got closer to the clinic, we saw that a small stage was in front of it.

"Or maybe he's going to have a speech?" I added on to my last statement when I saw Ferris standing on top of the stage and grinning his ass off. We finally made it to the stage, but so many Keets arrived that we couldn't go to the front. There were mummers of excitement surrounding us as people looked up at Ferris who was patiently waiting for the crowd to quiet down. The big television turned on and showed a close up on Ferris' smiling face. 

"Hello," He spoke into the microphone while smiling down at us. "I am here today to give you some more information about FUNK. What I would like to begin on is on how are you guys feeling-" He was cut off from hoots and hollers of excitement."I guess that answers my question." The crowd chuckled with him. "What I want to inform you guys is basically information on the rings and about who your leader will be. Also, this is being streamed worldwide, so every single Keet in the world is watching." When he said that, I gulped nervously.