Death Snatcher{Continuing}

By ChoxolateKing

It all starts with a dead body found in the park and escalates to something greater and bigger... A dark pres... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Park
Chapter 2 - The Middle Of Nowhere
Chapter 3 - Grave Danger
Chapter 4 - The Grave
Chapter 5 - Lost But Found{Part 1}
Chapter 6 - Grim Reaper
Chapter 8 - Bad Memories
Chapter 9 - Giovannni
Chapter 10 - BOSS
Chapter 11 - Lost But Found{Part 2}
Chapter 12 - Remember Me
Chapter 13 - Francesca
Chapter 14 - Discoveries
Chapter 15 - Mountain Bike
Chapter 16 - Masquerade
Chapter 17 - Death is at the Door
Chapter 18 - A Past Forgotten??
Update Note

Chapter 7 - Lies

39 2 0
By ChoxolateKing

Author comment:

Hello people I was going to upload Chapter 6 later during the New Year but think of this as a Christmas Gift. Merry Christmas to you all

Chapter 7 - Lies

~John's POV

Waking up early today because I'm going to school ,can't wait for the party we going to have tonight. Since it's the last day of school my friend is having a party. My parents said that I could go if I don't drink or smoke. Knowing myself I'm not planning on drinking or smoking and I know that my friends will but nothing can tempt me. Going into the school building I found George by the classroom sitting with Bianca his girlfriend, I didn't feel like disturbing or being disturbed by them as my mind raced back to the time at the park. I couldn't stop thinking about the lifeless face of Jake as he was sitting at the bench. If someone was from far looking at his back they wouldn't suspect a dead body. But well neither did I...

The sounding of the last bell signalled the beginning of the school holidays. Can't wrap my mind on all the fun I'll be doing. Exiting the school I found those same guys with sunglasses and suits waiting. I asked my father on the day of the funeral what happened and he said nothing. As I was looking for my dad's car, I saw them standing at my dad's car. I approached my dad inside the car and asked him what's going on and he said they need me to go with them.

On the road to wherever they were taking me, finally we reached our destination. From the looks of it they were taking me to the police station.

"Dad why are we here at the police station"

"They need to speak with you John"

We entered the building and the place was very busy. We entered a room that said Head Officer on it. In the room was a desk with lots of files on it and 5 chairs one of them belonging to the Head Officer.

"You can sit down" said the sunglasses guy who had blond hair.

I sat down along with the two detectives and we waited 15 minutes in silence. Till the silence was broken when a fat guy about 40 years entered, he clearly wasn't surprised by his guests and sat down by his desk.

"Hello Officer Renick"

"Hello Detectives I'm glad to see you here. Especially you John"

How did he know my name?

"I'm sure you're asking why you're here"

"Uhm yeah"

"The reason you're here is because we need you to speak with the detectives for awhile about what happened"

I didn't ask what because I knew that they were speaking about Jake. I didn't answer just kept still.

"I understand that you are probably afraid of why you're here but the two detectives here will explain, when you discuss"

"Ok but why?"

In the look of his eyes it told me something but I don't know what.

"As I said we'll just discuss what happened at the park"

"Ok but I hope it won't be long"

In a laughing tone he said "Don't worry we'll make sure to keep you only for 2 hours"

"Ok"

We entered a hardly light room with a desk and chairs along with a guard standing next to the door.

"Hello I'm Brian and this here is Humphrey. Don't worry you don't have to introduce yourself. Hello John we just need to know a few answers"

"Ok"

"Ok, where were you?"

"I was at the swings while Jake was away"

"When did he say he needed to go?"

"I don't know probably around 6:00pm"

"Why did he go?"

"Like he said to go take a leak"

"Why didn't you go see where he was after a few seconds?"

"I'm not one who's barges in while people are busy"

"Did you find the body of Jake sitting at the bench?"

"Yes"

"Was he pale when you found him?"

"No"

"Did he have any scratches on his body?"

"Not that I'm aware of"

"Ok I think that's fine for now. Thank you John, we hope to see you again"

I was wishing to never see them again. I felt like a criminal being interrogated. Anyway I made my way to the car. With my dad inside, we drove in silence.

"Dad why did they question me, I thought they knew all the facts"

"Jake are you the one responsible for the death of Jake? Because they think so"

"But I didn't do anything"

"Son so if you are the one responsible for the death of Jake Knapp just tell me"

"But Dad I know that I didn't do it"

"I know and I believe you let's just hope they find out who really did it"

~John's (Dad) POV

The following morning...

"What are you doing?"

"You are under the arrest for the murder of Jake Knapp and what you do or say will be used against you in the court of law"

"But I didn't do anything"

"Must we remove you by force?"

"No but -"

"Come on"

They took my son and put him in the police car. I never thought my son would be capable of such a horrible thing but he must've done something wrong. The fact that my son hardly had any friends or did the things normal kids do. He probably did it but something tells me that he didn't do it. I don't know what maybe it's the innocent look in his eyes or the fact that he's a 15 year old.

"Your son will stay there for three days then they'll-

"My baby!!!!!!!!!"

"Mam we understand how sad this sounds for you but your son might be responsible for the murder of Jake Knapp. So it is understandable that we lock him up till we find out what's going on."

"No I know my son isn't responsible for this"

"I'm sorry mam but we'll do what we can to find out the truth"

"My baby"

"MOM!!!!"

~John's POV

What's worse than sleeping in a cell. Sleeping in a cell without knowing why you're here? I was clueless. I didn't do anything and was accused of murder. That wasn't possible no let me rephrase that, it is impossible. I wouldn't dare hurt a fly. I must prove to them that I didn't do it. I just hope they find this killer because I can't allow them to control my life.

Saturday 17th Nov. The day I'm supposed to see the judge. They woke me up early and told me to get ready for the court day. My parents brought in clothes so I was getting dressed for the court day when the guard gave me a letter. He said it was addressed to me. I didn't have time to look at the letter. So I kept it for later, and the guard escorted me all the way till we were at the court. Looking into the court it seemed like a fairly neat place which must've had a reputation for order as everything and I mean everything was in place. I also noticed that it was symmetrical which was weird. They told me the service will start at 15:00, so I had a whole 3 hours to relax .So I decided to wait in the coffee shop which they had in the court.

My parents came rushing in looking for me. They were looking around the coffee shop for awhile till their eyes landed on me. My mom rushed to me, with tears in her eyes. She was crying and although it being awkward I cried with her. We wiped our tears.

"Son....did....you...do...it?"

"No mom how can you expect that of me"

"I know...I know I just want them to find out who it is, so that this mess can be sorted out"

"I know"

"Son we will always be with you"

"I know mom and dad. I just wish they find out who it is"

"Mr.Deceirdo it's time" said the guard

"Ok"

The guard led my parents and I to the court room and my parents sat in a row not far from the desk I was standing at. I didn't know what to expect so I just sat down. My lawyer came in later and then the court service started. They were going on about a lot of things, I didn't understand so I just waited. Then the guy in a black suit asked the judge if he could ask me a few questions. And the judge accepted.

I went to the area where you had to sit down and the guy with the black suit and black hair came up.

"Where were at the time of the scene?"

"By the swings"

"What time did Jake leave to go?"

"At around 7:00 pm"

"When did you figure that Jake was taking long?"

"At around 7:30pm"

"What time exactly did you discover his dead body?"

"At around 7:40pm"

"So it took you 10 minutes to get to the point where he was taking a leak?"

"Yeah because he went deep into the park"

"Ok do you recall a needle insertion being found in Jake's neck"

"No"

"Your honour no more questions"

I returned to my seat and waited for the verdict. The judge was busy sorting out papers before he gave his verdict.

"There has been no evidence proving that this boy is responsible for the murder of Jake Knapp so therefore this court order will be postponed till 5 weeks for the final verdict to be in place."

Just like that I was given 5 weeks hopefully I will find him. After all the trouble he has caused I believe he must be caught.

The judge went out and then everyone started going out. My parents were outside when I left the room. They came rushing to me, my mother in tears and my dad just quiet. He didn't look happy at all from the facial expression he was wearing. My mother's facial expression showered with tears. I was crying with her and we were crying for awhile when a security guard came and said to my mom that I needed to go fetch my things. My mom nodded her head and said that she would wait by the train station.

We finally reached the police station where I was staying. I went in my cell room to gather my things because I could finally live with my parents. As I was gathering my things I found a letter in the pocket of the jacket. The one I left at the cell room. I opened up the letter and started reading....

I'm sorry for making you stay in the cell room for awhile but to make it up to you here's a present.

Ps This is only the beginning.

On the letter a $5 dollar note was found. I didn't know who it was from but I took the note and put the back in the envelope and put it in the pocket of my jacket.

____________________##__________________

Next chapter coming soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 104 44
His best friend is shot dead, and the world thinks Metropolitan Police Officer George Reynolds did it. They were in the one place that should've been...
23.2K 950 69
One autumnal afternoon Y/n took her car to the store to get some shopping done, little did she know this store trip would have a chance meeting that...
61.6K 3.6K 18
"That day at the park had been strange. I sat their alone with the sense of someone watching me swing on the swingset. My house was right down the st...
63.3K 2.5K 19
𝙵𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚖𝚊𝚕, 𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚔. 𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚐𝚘 𝚘𝚗, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚝'𝚜 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎. 《》《》《》 I...