Heartbeat

By syedaaliya

It's the story about Ginny Weasley falling in and out and again in love with none another than Harry Potter... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
CHAPTER 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Harry PoV
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Bonus chapter
Bonus chapter
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 27

711 24 8
By syedaaliya

"I am hungry" I said.

"I am not really." Harry replied.

It's been dusk now we traveled all day long, moving around places and places, I ate in intervals but he never had an bite and here I am hungry again. Do I have an excess eating disorder or he is suffering from lack of appetite. We passed through a fancy restaurant and Harry altered his steps to an stop. I raised an eye brow.

"Weren't you hungry?" He shrugged.

I gave the restaurant a look it looked fancy enough to empty my pocket in just starter course, but I cant say that out loud. If Harry knew about that he would do either two things, one: he would laugh right on my face for showing him no-need-favor or second: he would actually won't laugh and still offer to pay. I want neither of it, anyway. 

"I am not yet hungry" I said.

"Are you sure?" He gave me confused look. I nodded and moved as quickly as possible, not giving him any more time to stand any further near that restaurant. 

Snow was still drizzling low I moved my hand deeper in my coat pocket keeping my thoughts to myself repeating the flash backs of today, it went surprisingly well from my side. 

"How long have you been away from home" I moved my head to look at him.

He made an impassive face at my question. Did I asked something which I shouldn't have? I was dwelling with my conscience when I heard him say.

"A while." He said meekly.

I chewed my lip at that, whenever I ask him something in reply of an answer he give me another twisted reply, which forced me to ask another, I huffed and decided to not question him any further. 

We wandered along the streets aimlessly, should we depart now? what to do next? I was never a confused person but things change around him. He was quiet and the silence begin to stretch between, I was okay with being mute and be myself. It never bothered me, but tranquillity demands the comfort.

Around Harry I never found it. It always kept me on edge, forced me to keep the conversation in flow, it left me awkward and tangled in brain mess. It gives time to think and the more I think the more I get trapped in thoughts which I never want to open again.

"Do you live alone?" Harry asked quietly.

"I- I" I stammered at his sudden question. What do I say? No one knows about Bryan.

"It's okay, I didn't mean to pry" He cleared his throat.

"No, it's no secret. I live with an rommie" I stated. Well half truth, but it was correct.

"Do you want an ice cream?" He asked.

I gazed at him farrowing he pointed his finger ahead of him and I saw the same ice cream truck from the last time, we were back on the way to home. I smiled at him. It was so cold we could refused to take our hands out of the pocket and could feel smoke coming out of our mouths. Yet, we wanted to have some ice cream, who say no to it anyway? Crazy people. Right?

We placed our same orders one chocolate scoop for Harry and I ordered one strawberry and one vanilla leaving chocolate this time . with some sprinkles on them. Harry payed for both of us silencing me saying it was on him for the little detour.  I didn't protest much and shrugged.

"I wasn't expecting that, I even rehearsed my lines for the argument" he mocked.

"I don't argue that much" I shook my head.

"I feel like I am in a court defending my case everytime, when ever you talk" Harry sighed.

"I do not Mr potter" I laughed.

"Yes you do" He remarked.

"I agree to disagree" I smirked at him. And his lips twitched at that.

We sat on the same bench and ate our ice cream, savoring its taste. The cold ice cream melted on my hot tongue, leaving my breath colder than ever. What was with cold weather and ice cream.  A perfect match.

"Remember, Hermoine forced Ron to eat icecream along with her and..." I said.

"And he cried everytime" together we finshed the sentence and I snorted.

"He ate it anyway, I never understood why he always pulled the stunt" I laughed more brushing the happy tears away.

"Yes, he did" Harry smiled a little.
"He just couldn't say no to her" I smiled at the lost memories, missing them more than ever.

"They are engaged" Harry said after a beat. He blinked his eyelash and bit the tip of his tongue.

My eyes widened, I gaped at him with my mouth hanging open till it reached the ground, which lead my icecream fall from my mouth, sliding it way down to my chin. I stared at him the same way for at least a minute. He cringed looking at me.

"Could you please close your mouth, the ice cream is"

"What did you say?" I hit his shoulder hard.

"Owh! What was that for?" He frowned his eyebrows and moved away from me.

I wiped my mouth and turned towards him pulling my legs up and crossing them.

"That's better, you still have some left."

"Are you deaf? What did you say? They are engaged.? What? When? How?" I was deeply shocked at that news.

"You know I just moved to another country not left this planet! Why the hell wasn't I informed.?" I shouted at him.

He opened his mouth to say something I cut him off.

"Zip it Harry.! I am his only freaking sister, and moine I can't believe she left me out!" I cried.

"Ginny" Harry exhaled a breath.

"What? Do not pretend now. You slipped it out. I bet I am the only fool left. They must have been a crazy celebration at borrow" I pouted.

"You are right on fool part. Yes you are the only fool that knows!" Harry seethed his teath.

"What do you mean by only one?" I gave him a dumb look.

"Just listen to me for once, without interpretations!" He muttered.

"It is a secret. No one knows they are engaged. Expect for me and now of course you" harry sighed rubbing his face with his hands.

"Why is it a secret. ?" I inquired.

"Because of you." He said with a dull ache.

"Me? Why me?" I moved an inch closer.

"They were going to announce it on Christmas, but held it back, because you were not gonna make it. They don't want to announce it without your presence. " He looked me in the eye muttering every word.

They held it back because of me?
I never felt this happy and sad at the same moment. They cared enough to wait for me. Emotions were rushing through me I didn't knew what was going on until I felt a drop on my hand. It was a tear drop. And it was mine.

I wiped my tears and smiled at Harry who was now giving me a soft look rather than his scowling face just moments ago.

"I-i do -don't know what to say." I stuttered stupidity.

"It was a shocker for me too" He said slowly. I grinned at him.

"When did this happened. ?" I asked him in amazement.

"A couple of months back." He replied.

"That's long" I mused.

"Listen, Ginny. I should have never said this to you, it was there right to say. They kept it secret because you were not there." Harry explained.

"Yeah, it's cool. I won't tell them" I crossed my heart.

"No no, you never knew this. Keep it confidential. Or better just forget it." He pressed it further.

"Okay. I dont know this a tol." I said.

"Fine. I can not believe I slipped it." He took a long breath and relaxed his shoulders.

I was feeling so giddy. My brother is engaged this is so exciting with the coolest girl I know. I can hardly wait to see them but I am not going home on this break. Why? God! This is making me more mad.

"Who proposed.?" I titled my head.

"What are your guesses.?" He arched his eyebrow.

"Ron? Oh god! Please, let it be Ron!" I closed my eyes joing my hands.

Harry laughed and I opned my one eye. Was he laughing? I open my eyes and saw his shoulder shook with mirth. Leaning back on the bench I smiled with him. His laughter was sound as a bell. And it's been years since I heard it. Seeing Harry laugh was a rare moment which I hardly experienced before. But now he was actually laughing not smiling or smirking but an actual laugh. It made me laugh along.

"Stop it!" I pushed him and stood.

He took a while to compose himself and stood too.

"Yes, it was him. It surprised me." He said after a moment.

"It's not that of a surprise, I knew he would propose!" I stated. When truly even I had my doubts.

"Doesn't matter. They are happy" He shrugged. And I nodded my head.

That what's matter in the end.

"On a serious note. You have to act that you are completely unaware of the engagement"

"I thought yoh made your point."
"just making it clear."

"Oh! It's pretty clear!."

"you can make that eyes the size of saucer and mouth wide open..." I hit him with my elbow in his gut.

"You are way to aggressive!" He gave me a death glare.

"And you should keep that sassy comments at bay" I chimed in.

He rolled his eyes fixing his scarf we came to the parting road near the street lamp where I saw him dissappear last time.

"This is it." I called out loud on the discreet street.

"Thank you for the tour, I had a good time." Harry said it in so many intervals I looked at watch in full two minutes. Not bad.

"Don't mention it please, I had a fun time."

"I am glad"

"Me too"

We started at each other for a while he moved a step closer and I moved an inch he boughg his hand out and I went for a hug.

Aaah- awkward! He moved in for a hug and I stretched my hand for the handshake.

More awkward. A little help! I screamed inwardly.

"Let's stick to the hand shake." Harry said remotely.

And we shook our hands as a settlement for the goodbye.

"Good night Harry" I said slowly.

"Good night." He replied.

I turned my back and started walking right before the next turn I stopped and looked back. I saw a distanted figure in the dark and then it vanished in thin air. Just like always.!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 214 16
Y/n Weasley is in her 4th year at Hogwarts when she's starting to catch feelings for her best friend Harry Potter. Will y/n and Harry be together? Or...
451K 9.6K 39
This is a fanfic about Harry and Ginny, and about their lives, set from 3 years after the war. It contains their engagement, to the wedding, with eve...
94.8K 2.3K 25
REWRITE HAS BEEN POSTED AND CAN BE FOUND UNDER THE NAME STRANGE MAGIC (REWRITE). One day while shopping in Diagon Alley, Harry discovers something t...