SOMEDAY ↠︎ a joshaya fanfic.

By girlmeetsmars

↠︎ re-edited. MAYA HART starts her senior year of college with her best friends. with everyone in serious r... More

intro
seniors
feelings
today
trusting you
letters
officially official
change
surprise
i do
aloha
our life
a matthews
big reveal
falala
fairytale
out of all the stars
we're home
double woah
announcements [1]
announcements [2]
announcements [3]
ultrasound
sisters
baby friar [1]
baby friar [2]
closer
ember hope [1]
ember hope [2]
baby meets home
baby minki [2]
graduates

baby minki [1]

1K 23 2
By girlmeetsmars

[riley - 40 weeks]
[paxton - 4 m. ember - 1 m]

M A Y A

  I woke up at about seven to Ember needing to nurse again. I scooped her up, nursed her and then headed down stairs with Ember in tow. I saw Riley on the couch, sprawled out.

  "Uh, hi, honey." I giggled.

  "I. Will. Never. Have. This. Baby." She whined and I giggled. She was full term now and was very ready.

  "Yes you will. Just be patient. Now, get up and eat."

  "No, I cannot move."

  Just then, Farkle walked down in his suit, carrying his work bag. He had a business meeting with his dad. Her eyed his pregnant wife, raised an eyebrow and looked at me.

  "She won't move."

  He crouched down by her and slid the hair off her face. "Hey, let's get up."

  "No!" She shouted. "I will never have this baby so I might as well just stay here and be miserable."

  "Riles, she'll come when she's ready."

  "And if she's huge?"

  "You'll do great."

  "Easy for you to say."

  Finally, she got up and ate her oatmeal quite grumpily. The guys left for work and I had a baby and a pregnant girl on my hands for the day.

  "What do you want to do today?" I asked cheerily.

  "Have a baby."

  I laughed and walked out of the room. I was upstairs getting ready when..

  "Maya," I heard Riley whimper.

  I scurried downstairs to see Riley standing there, soaking wet. She laughed nervously, "I got my wish."

↠︎

  "Practice those breathing techniques, Riley. They really helped me." I instructed.

  Riley was still in the early beginning of labor, but I decided to call the guys because we were about to head to the hospital.

  I dialed Farkle first. "Hey?" He asked suspiciously.

  "Riley got her wish; her water broke."

  "Oh my! Oh wow! Uh ok." He stuttered.

  "Farkle, breathe. I am taking her to the hospital. Meet us there, okay?"

  "O-okay."

  I also called Josh to make sure he was there to hold Ember in the waiting room; I knew she couldn't be in there, but I needed to be.

  Riley waddled to the car after putting on fresh clothes. I buckled Ember into her car seat, against her wishes, and Riley sat in the front.

  "You have the bag, right?" I asked her.

  "Farkle has it in his car."

  "Car seat?" She said in a rush.

  "Farkle has it also."

  I turned on the engine and began our long half hour drive to the hospital. Riley held tight to the door handle, breathing steadily.

  "Things are picking up, aren't they?" I asked her quickly.

  She nodded and kept on being focused. Soon the contraction was over and she sighed a breath of relief. "Maya," she whined. "I can't do this. I won't be able to. I am not as strong as you."

  "Honey, you will do so good! I will be there and so will Farkle."

  "He'll freak." She sighed as tears filled her eyes.

  "No. He'll step up." I corrected.

  I know Farkle. When he sees Riley in pain, at first he will freak and then he'll find it his mission to help her in any way he could. That's just how he is.

  Josh met us at the door, so he got Ember while I helped Riley inside. A sweet nurse led us back and Riley changed into a gown.

↠︎

  The nurse smiled. "You're two centimeters." The nurse said with a smile and walked out.

  "Oh my goodness!" Farkle exclaimed, bursting through the door. "Babe! How are you? Are the contractions bad? Is it as painful as you expected? When did your water break?"

  "I'm-" she began but a contraction got the best of her.

  "Shh, just relax." I soothed and then spun to Farkle. "Now is not a good time for questions, especially about that. She just needs you, not all your questions."

  "I'm sorry, Riley." He said, walking over to her and grabbing her hands. "I love you so much. I - uh - brought the bag and the car seat is in the car."

  She gave him a weak thumbs up and he nodded, encouraging himself.

  "She's two centimeters dilated." I explained to him. He nodded and looked back down at Riley who was hiding in the blanket, groaning.

  "Riley, c'mon. Look at me." He pleaded.

  "No! I don't want you to see me like this. I-I can't do this. I'm not even that far into it yet." She sobbed.

  Then something switched in him. I could tell.

F A R K L E

  You helped create this baby, you better help her deliver it. She's in pain. Step up, Minkus.

  "Riley, you shouldn't be embarrassed. This is our baby and I want to help you get through this. You look just fine and you can do this. I will help you." I said as I kissed her forehead.

  She unburied herself and smiled shyly, which was then replaced with a cry and a yank on his hand.

  "Yikes - ow." I composed myself, noting I'd had bruising on my hands later. "Just breathe."

  "I can't-"

  "You can."

  I started rubbing her back and massaging her feet. Every time a contraction hit, she would hold the side rails and breathe heavily.

  "In and out, darling." I said patiently.

  Maya just watched, somewhat amazed of my step up. She encouraged her too, but I was her coach.

  "Okay sweetheart." A nurse said as she entered. "Let me check you." She did, while Riley clung to my hand. "Okay, you're half way there. Five."

  Riley groaned, tired of waiting.

M A Y A

  Just watching them labor was amazing. I wondered how Josh and I looked. I mean, I was way too focused on birth to realize.

  Farkle did step up and he was a great coach.

  "My back! It hurts." Riley yelped as she turned to her side to let some weight off her back.

  "I know, I know. Just breathe. How can I help?" He begged. He wanted to feel like he had a way to help because it wasn't easy to watch his girl in pain.

  "Ice chips!" Riley chirped up.

  "I got it!" I hollered running out to get some.

  I walked back in to see a beautiful sight: Riley sitting on the edge of the bed with Farkle crouched down next to her, holding her hands. They were forehead to forehead.

  "Beautiful, Riles. Breathe in and out. Focus on me, not the contraction." Farkle cooed.

  "I can't do this." Riley cried.

  "Riles, don't say that. You're doing so good. Focus on me. C'mon."

  "I have ice!" I said quietly and I set it down by them.

  "Take some ice, Riles." He said as he dropped some in her mouth.

  "Thanks" she sighed and he kissed her cheek.

J O S H

  Ember snuggled into my chest as she slept and I looked up to see Maya.

  "How's it going?" I asked her.

  She sat down, sliding Ember off my chest and quickly nursing her before she had to go back. "Good. I think she's almost to transition."

  "How's Farkle?"

  "He stepped up and is very encouraging. If it wasn't for him, she'd be a mess right now."

  She slid Ember back into my arms, sitting back a second. "I better go back."

  "Maya Matthews?" A nurse frantically called from the counter.

  I stood up, "Yes?"

  "Riley Minkus wants you. It's almost time for her to have her baby."

  Yeah, about time. Three days over due and ten more hours of labor than me.

  I flew back there. Let's meet baby Minki.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 3.1K 46
Lucas, Maya, Riley and Farkle are four best friends, dealing with the challenges 10th grade brings them together. These four friends are dealing wit...
5.3K 209 33
Riley Matthews' family has moved to Texas. She meets a guy named Lucas Friar and they instantly hit it off. During her moving process she also meets...
45.7K 936 18
It's Senior year, and Riley and her friends, Farkle, Maya and Lucas (her dreamy eyed boyfriend) are trying to make the best of it. But with the retur...
27.9K 974 44
Maya and Lucas have been friends since 1st grade. They meet farkle in the 4th grade. They are now in 9th grade. In this story Maya is rich, her dad s...