Taken By The Enemy

By mollysue

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. It's been four years since Olivia Clark destroyed her parents, saved the world, and be... More

Taken By The Enemy (Sequel To Rescue Me and Legend Of The White Wolf)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Author's Note
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Author's Note

Chapter Twenty Six

2.3K 127 4
By mollysue

HELLO WATTPADDERS!!! WELCOME TO 2014!!! And the first update from me for this year!! I would've updated on New Year's but I wasn't in the country. I would've updated on the 3rd of January (MY BIRTHDAY EPP!) but I wasn't here then either. So today will just have to do!! Anyway I'm sorry this chapter is somewhat short but I'll have another one for you shortly I promise!! Anywho please enjoy, vote, and comment on this chapter or all of my chapters!! And fan if you want!! Thanks guys and happy reading!!

Chapter Twenty Six

Mia's POV-

It's been two weeks since I was released from the hospital. The house is a ghost town now because everyone has headed home to be with their families. I was sitting on the couch in sweats and a big T-shirt; one of Ethan's. A thud could be heard from the staircase as the last people in the house got ready to leave.

"Mia, we're ready!"

I walked to the front door where Dakota and Olivia were waiting for me. Luke and Sarah had taken their kids back home with them so it was just them two now. I kept back my tears and Olivia hugged me.

"Call us if anything happens with Ethan." She said.

I was quiet and she sighed.

"I'll be in the car Dakota."

He nodded and we both stared at each other in silence. The house was completely silent because Tony and Andrea took Gale and the twins for a few days so I could...wrap my brain around things. Dakota sighed and pulled me into a hug and I jumped at him, hugging him tightly.

"Everything will be okay Mia, he'll wake up." He whispered.

I started crying. Ethan was still in his coma and I was about to be left alone in the house.

"I can't do this Koda....I can't do this alone." I whispered.

He hugged me tighter and I sobbed, my knees giving out underneath me. He held me up in our hug and I sobbed again.

"I can't do this alone. I can't."

He sighed and pushed me back, looking at me.

"Mia...you have to. You can't give up now. Not with a baby on the way."

I looked down at my feet and he lifted my head up.

"Don't cry. Stay strong Mia."

He leaned forward and kissed my forehead.

"We'll be back in three weeks. For Christmas okay?"

I sniffed, nodding and wiping my face.

"Call us if you need anything."

I nodded and watched him walk out the door, getting in the car. They pulled away, honking their last goodbye and I closed the door.

I was alone.

I sighed and headed to the kitchen, eating some pizza before heading upstairs. I crawled into my bed, tired from lack of sleep. I haven't been able to sleep from the reoccurring nightmares I have.

If only...

I whimpered as I grabbed Ethan's pillow, hugging it to myself. I closed my eyes and slowly fell asleep...

"ETHANNNNN!!"

I was panting for breath as I sat up. My hair was soaked from sweating and the blankets and sheets were everywhere. My heart was crashing against my ribcage as I rushed into the bathroom, taking a shower. I threw on some random clothes, sweats and a tank top and headed down the stairs.

"Hey Mia."

I screamed and turned around, clutching my chest. Shawn stood behind me, a small smile in his face. I sighed in relief and relaxed.

"Jesus Shawn you scared me."

"Where are you rushing to?"

"I was going to go...see Ethan..."

His smile fell and he leaned against the counter which is where we both were.

"No change huh?"

I shook my head no and he pulled me into a hug.

"I'm really sorry Mims. He'll wake up soon though. He has to!"

I didn't answer as I pulled out of the hug. We both stared at each other in silence and I could feel something radiating off of Shawn. A difference of some sort, a shift.

"What's going on Shawn?" I asked.

He smiled.

"I found her. I found my mate Mia. My werewolf mate? Jake introduced us. He told me he's known we were mates for the longest time but felt I wasn't ready to meet her yet. She's just like me, half werewolf and half vampire. She's such a beautiful and amazing creature. There's no one like her, except you of course."

I smiled at him.

"I'm happy for you Shawn."

"You wanna meet her?"

I frowned.

"Shawn I don't think it's a good idea for your werewolf mate to meet your vampire mate."

Before my sentence was even able to run through his mind a girl's voice echoed throughout the house. 

"Shawn where are you?"

I looked at him and he smiled.

"Kitchen baby."

Just then a girl appeared out of nowhere, making me jump.

"Hi. I'm Aubrey, Shawn's mate."

I looked her over. She looked nice, sweet. Her red hair looked like it was on fire and her blue eyes sparkled. I felt an overprotectiveness over Shawn then. I may not be able to feel the mate connection there but I cared about Shawn like he was my little brother. He was the one thing that saved Gale and I from dying in that hellhole and I’d be damned if I let some girl treat him like shit.

I reached forward, staring into Audrey’s eyes calculatingly. She shook my hand, smiling.

“You must be Mia, the Alpha Female. Shawn’s told me a lot about you. I already know you’re his vampire mate so no need to be afraid of any hostility. I’m okay with it.”

I pulled my hand away from hers and stared at her, looking her over. She looked sweet, charming even. She looked a lot like me too. Long hair, freckles splashed on her face. She was a lot taller than me though.

“Okay I’m sorry to embarrass you Shawn but I have to say what’s on my mind. Audrey I don’t know you or anything about you. Yes I am Shawn’s vampire mate but I have no feeling of the connection because I have my mate already. Shawn is only my mate because he received the gene from his father who was my vampire mate. But just because I don’t feel any connection does not mean that I don’t care about Shawn. He’s like a little brother to me and happens to be my son’s best friend. I can tell from the way he looks at you that he really cares about you but let me get one thing straight: If you hurt him or keep him from seeing this family there will be nothing anyone can do to stop me from injuring you or worse. Do you understand?”

She swallowed and nodded, Shawn sighed, face palming. I smiled. Just then Kyle walked in the house. I smiled at him and he smiled back, aware of what was going on.

Kyle was the only one who decided he’d stick around to…you know take care of me. My absence had taken a toll on him more than anyone else or so I heard. When Katherine took me, Kyle stopped talking and eating altogether. He got better when I was released from the hospital and made taking care of me his number one priority. Until Ethan wakes up anyway.

“Good now where we were?”

“You were on your way to see Ethan.”

At the mention of Ethan a dark cloud appeared over my head and I leaned against the counter. At that moment the baby decide he or she wanted to make its presence known and started kicking away. A tear slid down my cheek and I sniffed.

“Mia please don’t cry. Everything-“

“Don’t say everything is going to be okay Shawn when it’s clearly not! Ethan has been in a coma for over two weeks and he’s not waking up! I have a new baby that’s going to be born in a month, no job because Ethan took care of that and three other kids to take care of! It’s not going to be okay!”

Kyle pulled me into a hug and I sobbed, my knees collapsing. Kyle picked me up like a weeping child and carried me up the stairs to my bedroom, laying me on my bed. He sat down near my head and placed my head in his lap and started playing with my hair. Something to calm me down.

“Shhh Mia, just let it out it’s okay to let it all out.” He whispered.

I sniffed and closed my eyes focusing on the gentle feeling of Kyle’s fingers in my hair. This was how Kyle normally got me to sleep every night, by running his hands through my hair.

“I miss Ethan Kyle. Why won’t he wake up?”

Kyle was quiet for a moment.

“Maybe something miraculous is going to happen Mia and it just hasn’t happened yet.”

I stayed quiet, keeping my eyes closed. I was no longer crying now, just sniffling.

“Do you want to go see Ethan today?”

I opened my eyes and looked up into Kyle’s eyes. His eyes shined with care and concern and I nodded. He smiled and helped me sit up first and then to a standing position.

“Go get on some shoes and a jacket. It’s raining outside and I don’t want you to catch a cold.”

I nodded and he walked out the door. I slipped on some sneakers and a sweater before climbing down the stairs slowly. Kyle waited down there with Shawn and Audrey.

“Are you ready?”

I nodded.

“Shawn and Audrey are going to stay here for a while okay?” Kyle asked.

I nodded, my only priority: getting to the car and getting to Ethan. I waddled my way to the car and was buckled before Kyle even got in the car.

“You’re in a rush huh?”

I gave Kyle a glare and he held his hands up.

“Relax Mia. I was only pulling your leg.”

I stayed quiet as we headed for the hospital. Kyle didn’t start a conversation and I didn’t bother starting one either. I was comfortable in my dark silence.

As soon as Kyle parked in the visiting center parking lot, I was out of the car like a bat out of hell, already at the desk when Kyle entered the hospital.

“Name please?” The receptionist said.

“Mia Cole and Kyle Drake. We’re here to see Ethan Cole.”

The receptionist typed our names away in the computer to see where Ethan was and her cheery smile fell into a frown. My stomach dropped and I rubbed my hands nervously over my belly. She turned to me, her eyes looking from my huge stomach to my face.

“Mrs. Cole…your husband has been moved.”

I grabbed onto Kyle’s arm, gripping it so hard I’m sure I left marks. My breath was caught in my throat, somewhere between a sob and a scream, depending on what this receptionist was about to tell me.

“He’s…well he’s been moved to the...recovery.”

I was frozen where I stood. He’s been moved to the recovery.

To the recovery.

Kyle grabbed my shoulders and shook me.

“Mia did you hear that? He’s all right! Ethan’s all right!”

I couldn’t move as I processed what was going on. Ethan was…all right?

I pushed Kyle away and leaned on the desk, breathing.

“You’re not just saying this right? This isn’t a mistake in your computer?” I asked.

The receptionist smiled.

“No Mrs. Cole your husband has been moved to the recovery.”

I stood there for a second before letting out a scream. The receptionist jumped and I started to cry hysterically.

“He’s okay, he’s all right!”

Kyle nodded, pulling me into his arms.

“Happy tears?”

I nodded.

“He’s alive Kyle.”

He nodded again and I hugged him tightly before pulling away.

“Miss where can I get to him? Please I wish to see him as soon as possible.”

Her smile melted away.

“I’m afraid that’s not possible right now Mrs. Cole.”

My good mood fell away and Kyle stopped jumping around, standing next to me.

“What do mean that’s not possible?”

The receptionist looked at her computer screen again.

“Mr. Cole was just moved into recovery yesterday. He woke up yesterday but was not himself. We’ve been keeping him under sedation because of his…outbursts.”

My blood ran cold.

“Outbursts…?”

“Yes I’m afraid the vampire venom spread throughout him. It didn’t kill him but it’s done something to him all right. Until we know how to get rid of whatever it is we cannot let anyone visit him. He’s dangerous. He already tried to stab one doctor in the throat with a syringe when he was conscious.”

I could feel my face pale as my blood felt like ice. The world started to sway underneath me for a moment and I leaned over the desk.

“Mia are you okay?”

My stomach churned and Kyle rubbed on my back.

“Excuse me but do you have a bag or bucket back there?”

The receptionist handed Kyle a throw-up bucket and he handed it to me just in time for my last meal to make a reappearance. Kyle held my hair up and kept rubbing big circles on my back as I caught my breath.

“I’m sorry Mrs. Cole. We’ll call you when Mr. Cole is back to sorts.”

I nodded and Kyle led me to the car, helping me in the passenger seat and buckling me up. I was able to relax, putting the bucket on the ground between my feet.

“Kyle where are you taking me?”

“Home, you need to rest and everyone needs to know what’s going on.”

“No Kyle take me to the prison.”

Kyle pulled over on the side of the road, turning to me.

“For what? There’s nothing there that you-“

“Kyle take me to the goddamn prison or I’m walking there!”

He glared at me but turned around, heading for the prison without an argument. I was silent as we pulled into the parking lot of the state prison, finally thinking about what I was about to do.

Shit Mia what the hell are you doing?

“Kyle stay here. I’ll be back in about twenty minutes.” I said, unbuckling.

Kyle did the same and I turned to him pointedly.

“Hell no Mia I am not letting you in that place alone. Do you know what kind of people are in there? There’s no way I’m letting you out of my sight as long as were anywhere near this place.”

I stared into Kyle’s eyes, frowning.

“Please Kyle. I need to do this on my own.” I whispered.

He was silent, unmoving.

“Look I have my phone on me I’ll be fine.”

He still was silent and I got out of the car. He sat in the driver’s seat and I took a deep breath as I walked inside the state prison.

“Sign here please.”

I did as the man behind the thick glass said and signed the visiting paper, naming who I wanted to see and for how long. He took the clipboard when I was done and handed it to someone else in the office behind him. They were probably doing a background check on me to make sure I wasn’t trying to break someone out or something.

The man looked at me carefully, rubbing his hand through his beard thoughtfully.

“How long ya been expectin’? Ya look bout ready to pop.”

I blushed and ran my hands over my belly. The baby started kicking again.

“I have one more month to go.” I answered.

He smiled and leaned against the counter behind the glass.

“I’m a sucker for kids. Got two grandbabies of my own and can’t wait to see ‘em this Christmas. Are you here to see the father?”

I shook my head no.

“No just…an old friend.”

He nodded and a guard suddenly opened the door to the visiting room.

“Clyde go in there with this young lady and make sure she’s safe. She’s got a youngin’ on the way and I don’t want nothin’ bad happenin’.”

The guard nodded and followed me as I walked through a small hallway, stopping at another, thick metal door. Clyde opened that door and shut it as soon as we both walked into the visitor’s room, shutting us both from the rest of the world.

So who do you think she's going to see? Just guesssssss!! And sorry for the cliffy >:D I'm pretty evil huh? Anyway I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!! I go back to school tomorrow so the updates won't be as frequent but I'll try my best I promise!! Thanks guys!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.8K 2.8K 34
16 years later and the Red Dawn Pack has been growing steadfast! Blake and Aria's children are teenagers now, and are learning how to develop and con...
7.3K 771 48
Evie is haunted by her past, and so tangled up with her best friend and room mate she isn't even sure she remembers how to be an independent person a...
166K 3.2K 37
Scott McCall's pack shares one mate, they desperately want to find her. Mia Carrington is the new girl in school. She's sweet and innocent (Most of t...
12.1K 753 39
The sequel to Dream "Wait a minute" I put up a hand. "Don't I get a say in what magic I want to use?" He smiles an evil grin that sends a shiver up m...