Glory of the Midnight Sun √

By rameesharants

• Twice Wattpad Featured • #1 in Spiritual • The moon hid behind the clouds, the wind refused to blow and the... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Last Chapter
Epilogue
postface
New Novel
Bonus

Nineteen

26.9K 1.2K 987
By rameesharants

Life isn't about how many breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away.

Fariya

The gentle rays belonging to the sun broke in through the glass window, slightly illuminating the whole room during the process. The lady sleeping in the bed shifted slightly as she tossed and turned, the covers dangling over her body haphazardly.

Sighing dreamily, the woman placed a hand beneath the side of her face, a content expression dancing on her face. Few seconds dragged by with the woman lying on her side, her mind returning to the blissful reality spread around her.

Fluttering her eyes open, Fariya was met with the light casted by the sun. Her eyes opened a bit more, as light registered in her eyes and senses in her mind and the first thing her eyes clashed with was the face of her handsome man.

Omer was lying on his back, his hands folded across his chest casually while his piercing, black eyes were closed. As Fariya continued to stare at him with sleepy eyes but open mind, she felt an unknown peace and contentment rush through her soul and a small smile touched her lips.

Omer was handsome, she had known it since she first laid her eyes upon him but with him sleeping and a peaceful expression settled on his face, Fariya was captivated by him more than ever. Her lids never blinked as she gazed at the epitome of manhood in front of her, a twinkle devouring behind the flecks of her eyes.

Her soul rejoiced for the man before her eyes had not only invaded her heart, but her senses altogether. But despite the submission of heart and numbness of the senses, Fariya had never felt so much secure in her entire life.

Submission is a human tragedy but submitting to a person who vows to protect your heart is a different story. And Omer had done just that. It didn't matter anymore if he loved her or not, he cared about her and that was enough for her heart.

Taking a deep breath, she finally let her lids close momentarily before opening them again-the sight she was witnessing was the one she would never miss for the world. She had no idea how many minutes passed but her loving gaze was faltered when her hand, reaching to touch Omer's face was suddenly caught in his hand, his eyes open as he stared right in her eyes mischievously.

Omer grinned and Fariya blushed before she tried to pull her hand away but Omer's hold was strong. He jerked slightly, halting Fariya's struggle, and placing her hand on his chest, his one hand above hers.

"You were up all the time." Fariya failed an attempt to glare at him for the look in his eyes disturbed the tunes of her heart.

"And you were constantly staring at me." Omer's husky voice forced Fariya to gulp down the heat and she tried to pull her hand away but in vain.

"I have a right." Fariya said proudly, now feeling a bit courageous for the mischievous glint in Omer's eyes had turned into a soft sparkle.

"Oh, you have all the right, Mrs. Lashari." Omer smirked and Fariya laughed slightly.

"Why are you calling me that since our wedding?" Fariya asked smilingly, her eyes never wavering from his.

"That's because I like calling you that. Is the reason enough?" Omer turned on his side and faced Fariya directly, a distance of a mere few inches between the newly married couple.

"No, it isn't." Fariya said, trying to be serious but in vain.

A low chuckle escaped past his lips, swaying the melodies of euphoria in her heart.

"Well then maybe because it reminds me of your presence in my life?" Omer tried another shot and this time, Fariya laughed wholeheartedly.

"I'm lying in your bed, beside you and even then you need to be reminded of my presence in your life?" The laugh glittered the expressions on her face, her eyes delivering the message of happiness.

"Forget it. I just like calling you that and the reason is enough for me." He shrugged and Fariya nodded her head in understanding, although the smile was still plastered on her face.

"Call me all you want but then, I'll call you something too." Fariya said thoughtfully and Omer raised an eyebrow.

"Omer isn't good enough?" He asked and Fariya shook her head innocently.

"Mr. Lashari?" He suggested and Fariya narrowed her eyes in disapproval.

"You're not my boss." Fariya said laughingly and Omer pressed his lips in a thin line, seeming to be in a deep thought.

"I can't think of anything right now but I'll come up with a name, I promise." Fariya said after a moment, giving up her task for now with a deep breath. Omer smiled at her statement and Fariya too started smiling.

"Leave my hand now. I have to go." Fariya said after a moment, struggling to pull her hand away but Omer's raised eyebrow halted her motion.

"Where?" His tone had an obvious mockery behind it.

"To the washroom. I have to get ready before the breakfast." Fariya explained and Omer's nodded his head but didn't let go of her hand.

"Omer Ahmed Lashari, it is bad manners to keep holding someone's hand without their permission." Fariya glared at him with narrowed eyes.

He laughed before tightening his hold on his woman's hand and pulling her towards him. A suudden gasp escaped past her lips and her eyes widened almost reflexively as Omer snaked an arm around her waist.

"Fariya Omer Lashari." He began in an achingly sweet voice, a mischievous sparkle in his eyes and her heart missed a beat. "I don't need permission to hold you." His voice didn't raise above a whisper as he said his words in her ear and a thunder erupted in her heart.

"Omer.." Fariya breathed out his name as he kissed her behind her ear while she held on to his arm for dear life.

Her heart was shivering like an autumn leaf; the motion not much different from her entire body. But before Omer could proceed any further and Fariya could get lost in the frantic beats of her heart, a knock at the door interrupted them and Fariya pulled back almost immediately. Omer turned his face towards the door before letting out an irritated breath.

"Seriously?" Omer said in an annoyed voice and Fariya burst out laughing.

"Serves you right." She said laughingly after recovering her breath and hurriedly moving out of the bed before Omer could get a chance to stop her.

"Open the door." Fariya motioned towards the door before entering in the washroom.

Omer shook his head, a smile now playing on his lips, as he stood up from the bed and moved towards the door.

When Fariya got out of the washroom, as fresh and fully dressed as ever, she saw Omer, Maida and Urwa standing in the heart of the room. Smiling, she walked towards them and stood beside Omer.

"Good morning, Bhabhi." Urwa chirped and Fariya chuckled slightly.

"Bhabhi?" Fariya laughingly asked. "What is it with all of you calling me with different names?" She continued and Omer chuckled beside her, only to earn a confused stare from the two of them.

"You are her Bhabhi, aren't you?" Maida emphatically stated and Fariya's smile widened instantly.

"Of course, I am." Fariya answered.

"Did you sleep well?" Urwa asked and Fariya's neck heated up.

"Yes. I slept well. Thank you." Fariya nodded with a smile.

"I'll go take a shower. You can take your Bhabhi with you downstairs." Omer said as he looked from his sister to his wife before turning around and walking towards the washroom.

"Fariya!" Maida exclaimed as soon as the washroom door was closed and threw herself at her sister. Fariya stumbled back a little before laughing and wrapping her arms around her sister.

"I'm so happy for you. You finally got your happiness." Maida whispered near her ear and Fariya bit back her smile.

"Thank you." Fariya replied before pulling back from the hug.

"What did he gift you?" Urwa asked as she took a step forward towards Fariya.

Fariya's smile turned into a shy one and she motioned towards her ears. Maida and Urwa diverted their eyes towards Fariya's ear and the next moment, they let out a gasp synchronously.

A brilliant pair of diamond drop earrings were hanging from her ears, sparkling under the rays of the sun coming through the window. The dazzling charm they radiated only added more beauty to the woman who owned it.

"They are stunningly ravishing. Omer Bhai has a good choice." Maida exclaimed and Fariya smiled as she nodded her head.

"Did he say anything after giving them to you?" Urwa's excited voice made her duck her face shyly.

The bloom that spread across her face gave them their answer and both of them nodded their head in mischievous understanding. Fariya was no way on earth telling them what he had said to her as he made her wear those earrings. His husky voice still rang in her hears, still making her heart warm.

"I thought these earrings were beautiful but they lost their beauty the moment they swirled with the motion of your head. Everything loses its artistry when you are near, your delicacy and elegance leave no space for others to make their mark."

Heat crept up to her face but she was quick to wipe it away as she ran her hand over her face.

"I think we should go down. Everyone must be waiting." Fariya tried to change the topic which made her blush at every turn it took and started to move towards the door.

"Yes, Dado and Mama are impatiently waiting for you." Maida said as she started to walk beside Fariya through the corridor.

"How will I face everyone?" A new problem arose in her heart which made her steps halt and Maida and Urwa started laughing.

"You face them everyday." Maida emphatically said as she shook her head on her sister's worry.

"But today is different. I mean... Rukhsati and everything..." Her voice tailed off and Maida placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Fari, they are happy and they want to know that you're happy too, okay?" She assured and Fariya nodded with difficulty.

Following Maida and Urwa, she descended the stairs and entered the Lounge which was packed with everyone.

"Here comes Fari." Fariya's mother was the first person whose eyes landed on her and she walked towards her daughter before capturing her in an embrace.

"How are you?" She asked after pulling back from the hug.

"I'm fine." She slowly replied.

"Come, meet your Dado." She motioned towards her grandmother who was sitting on the sofa. Fariya hurried towards her and sat down beside her.

"Are you happy?" Dado asked as she scanned her granddaughter's face and Fariya nodded smilingly.

"Yes, Dado. Very much." Fariya replied and Dado kissed her on her forehead.

"Ali would have been so proud of you." She smiled at her and Fariya lowered her face, smiling with pressed lips.

"Where's Omer Bhai, Bhabhi?" Saad's mischievous voice came out of nowhere and Fariya's head shot up towards him.

"He was in the washroom." Fariya replied forcefully as she looked at his smirking face.

"Everyone, come to the dining room. The table has been set." Omer's mother hurriedly said as she ushered everyone to the dining room.

Just when everyone was sitting, Omer entered the dining room and said his Salam in a loud voice. Everyone returned it with a smile as Omer went towards his grandmother and bent his head in front of her who kissed him on his head and placed a hand on his head.

"Live long! Stay happy!" She blessed him with prayers and Omer only smiled. Fariya saw with pressed lips as he met his mother and father, earning their prayers as well.

Omer, now done with all the greetings, moved towards his seat and sat down on it. Fariya gulped down as he sat on his right and turned his face to stare at her. He smiled his heart-stopping smile at her just when their eyes met and Fariya lowered her face shyly.

"Start the breakfast, everyone." Fariya's mother said and everyone dived in.

She was halfway through the meal and quite relaxed for Omer had not tried to talk to her when she felt him move a bit forward and bent his head towards her. Fariya instantly stiffened in her place and averted her sparkling eyes towards him.

"How are you?." He whispered to her as he continued looking down at his plate and Fariya too lowered her head.

"I'm fine." She said in a sensually deep voice.

His smirk, however, made her cough loudly and before she could reach for the water, Omer handed her the glass, smiling. She gulped down the liquid as she stared at his face from above the glass.

"Are you fine?" Saad, who was sitting directly in front of her, aksed and Fariya turned towards him. The look of obvious mockery was painted on his face and Fariya lowered her head hurriedly.

"Yes." She said after a moment.

"I'll talk to you later." Omer whispered to her as he bent forward in the process of standing up and Fariya shrank in her place.

"You're done, child?" His mother asked and Omer nodded his head.

"Yes, Ammi. I wasn't that much hungry." Omer replied as he wiped his hands with a napkin and pushed back his chair.

"Okay, okay." She said and Omer left the room, not forgetting to jolt and excite the heart of his woman with just his one, alluring stare.

◇◇◇◇

"Fariya?" Omer's loud voice made her turn her head towards the sliding door of the balcony.

"Over here!" She all but shouted and turned her attention towards the starry sky again. Lying on the cold floor of the balcony, her eyes were gazing up, filled with wonders of miracles and sparkle of beauty.

"What are you doing?" Omer's incredulous gasp made her chuckle slightly but she didn't shift her gaze this time.

She heard his movement and finally averted her eyes from the sky as he stood right beside her, peering down at her body with confusion in his eyes.

"Why are you lying on the floor?" He asked confusingly as he sat beside her on his toes.

Fariya only stared at him for a moment or two, her eyes filled with the same wonder and sparkle as she gazed at her man before saying anything.

"I am counting the stars." She simply stated and a frown made its way across Omer's face.

"People count stars when their hearts are overflowing with sadness and misery. Why are you counting stars?" He remarked emphatically in a worried tone and Fariya chuckled slightly.

"That's not always the case. I like doing that." She stared at his face smilingly and a visible sigh left him. Omer shook his head before coiling his hand around her wrist and pulling her up gently.

"You can complete your activity somewhere else. The floor is freezing. Get up!" He said in an angry tone as he stood up and pulled Fariya along with him. Fariya laughed slightly as he guided her to sit on one of the chairs and tightened her shawl around her.

"Why do I always have to take care of you? Why don't you do it yourself?" He asked, his tone slightly angry but his gaze as soft as ever as he sat right in front of her on the chair.

"Because I like you taking care of me." Fariya sighed dreamily and Omer stared at her with amusement before shaking his head.

"You're impossible." He stated and Fariya nodded her head, taking the compliment.

"Why were you looking for me?" She asked after a moment as she remembered him calling her.

"I don't need reason to look for you." Omer said with a smirk and Fariya laughed and blushed at the same time.

"Shut up." She said as she shook her head with a smile and lowered it.

Omer too laughed before leaning back in the seat, crossing his arms across his chest and fixing Fariya's face in his eyes.

"Where do you want to go for Honeymoon?" Omer asked as his scanned her lowered face, his legs crossed. Fariya shot her head up towards him and looked at him with an amused expression on her face.

"That's what you wanted to ask?" She asked and Omer nodded his head slightly.

"Well, I don't know. I thought you had already decided." Fariya said with pressed lips and Omer raised his eyebrow.

"It wasn't my decision to make alone." He said shrugging his shoulders and Fariya smiled.

"So, where do you want to go?" He repeated his question again and Fariya narrowed her eyes thoughtfully.

"Women usually answer this question within a second." Omer said, now smilingly widely and Fariya raised her eyebrows.

"How many women do you know?" She bit back her smile as she cocked her head to a side.

"Only you." His voice felt like a caress, stopping Fariya's heart for a fraction of second.

"But that's not the point. Tell me where you want to go and we'll go there." He again said and this time, Fariya gave him the answer to his question.

"Paris." Fariya answered hesitantly and Omer smiled as he narrowed his eyes.

"We'll go there, then." He assured her and Fariya looked at him with awe.

"Thank you." Fariya said but Omer shook his head.

"Why Paris, though?" He asked out of curiosity and Fariya just shrugged her shoulders.

"I always wanted to go there. It's a beautiful city. Have you gone there before?" She asked at the end and Omer nodded his head.

"Just for one night though. I didn't get a chance to visit it." He replied and Fariya nodded her head.

Both of them sat there with an ethereal silence spread around them, the cold wind playing with their bodies as the stars wrote novels on their blissful reality. The diamonds in her ears shone and swirled as the night of longing passed by swiftly.

◇◇◇◇

They were walking on the streets of Paris, the destination in their minds and euphoria in their hearts. The wind was cold yet gentle, swirling their dresses with its tender caress. The evening sky shone upon their heads with all its ravishing glory, robbing the breath out of the people who paid even a little attention.

"Now where?" Omer questioned his wife as he turned his face towards her while walking on the footpath.

"I'm hungry. Let's go eat something." Fariya replied as she stared straight in those deep, black orbs and smiled.

"Today must be a miracle." Omer stated with an amused chuckle and Fariya narrowed her eyes in confusion.

"And what exactly do you mean by that?" She asked and Omer bent his head towards her a little before answering.

"Mrs. Lashari, a woman who hardly eats anything, is saying that she is hungry. Either it's a miracle or I didn't hear properly." Omer mocked her and Fariya turned to glare at him but ended up laughing.

"I'm not that much of a foodie." Fariya said while laughing and Omer nodded his head forcefully.

"It can easily be stated." He said meaningfully as he ran his eyes over her body and Fariya instantly shrank in her place.

"But now I am. All the walking has consumed every bit of my energy." She said with a sigh and Omer frowned.

"We should have brought the car with us." Omer remarked with narrowed eyes as he gazed at her feet.

"Fariya, if you are tired, we can sit somewhere for a while." Omer halted his steps almost abruptly, bringing Fariya to a stop too, both of them now facing each other as they stood on the footpath.

"No, I'm fine." She said as she placed her hand on his arm and leaned into him a bit.

"You don't look fine." Omer grabbed her arms to support her and said in a worried tone.

"I just need to eat something and I'll be fine." Fariya said and let go of his arm, now standing on her own weight and looking up at him.

"Then we need to get you to a restaurant quickly." Omer tried to say in a cheerful tone and Fariya smiled at his effort.

"Yes, Mr. Lashari, please." Fariya said and Omer turned to her with an amused expression. They had started walking again, with Fariya's hand unknowingly in his.

"Am I your boss, Mrs. Lashari?" He asked as he raised an eyebrow and Fariya started laughing.

"You don't forget things easily, do you?" She said as she shook her head, a smile playing on her lips.

"Not when it concerns you, Mrs. Lashari." He bowed his head towards her and Fariya pushed him back slightly with her hand.

"I didn't know your were so cheesy." Fariya said, laughing and Omer only smirked.

"I wouldn't call it cheesy and besides, you knew nothing about me anyways." He shrugged his shoulders and Fariya turned to him, now a unsettling expression on her face.

"You're right. I know nothing about you." Fariya said, startled and Omer frowned slightly.

"You know about me more than anyone else." Omer said matter-of-factly and Fariya denied forcefully.

"Only the main things. I want to know every piece of you, Omer. Everything." Fariya said emphatically and quite sadly too just when they reached the restaurant and Omer pulled the door open for her.

Both of them entered the restaurant and a waiter led them towards a deserted table which was quite separated from the rest of the area. Fariya remained quite as she followed Omer, her hand still tightly grasped in his, and sat down on her chair. After placing the order, she again turned to face Omer who was already looking at her intently.

"Will the order be enough?" Omer asked and Fariya nodded.

"It's more than enough." She smiled at him and Omer leaned back in his chair.

"What do you want to know, Fariya?" Omer's voice was a whisper and Fariya felt utterly grateful that he raised the topic himself.

"Everything." Fariya said and Omer nodded his head in understanding.

"You ask and I'll answer." He gave her the permission with a sigh and Fariya's smile widened.

"Okay. Do you have a phobia?" She started the game and Omer looked at her with refreshed expression.

"I'm claustrophobic." He replied and Fariya widened her eyes.

"Seriously?" She asked and Omer nodded his head, smiling.

"I didn't know." She said, her eyes still wide and Omer chuckled.

"That is the main reason we're having this conversation." He smiled and Fariya bit back her blush.

"Yeah, right." She ran her hand over her face and looked at him again, now more determined.

"What did you want to become when you were a child?" She asked.

"Pilot." Omer answer almost instantly and Fariya smiled.

"I would have liked that." She remarked with a shy smile and Omer grinned.

"What is the most precious thing that you have which you didn't ask for?" Fariya asked thoughtfully and Omer's gaze heated up.

"You." His simple, one word answer and her entire being shook.

Running her tongue over her lips, Fariya swallowed the heat as her lashes trembled for her man never once wavered his intense gaze from her face.

"Next question?" Omer said, clearly enjoying the waves of emotions spreading across her face.

"What is the biggest lie that you ever told anyone?" She asked and Omer narrowed his eyes, thinking.

"I lied to my family about her. More than once." Omer said, his voice devoid of any emotion, his face expressionless and Fariya controlled herself on time before she showed any expression herself.

"A moment in your life that your still remember as clear as a day?" She asked and Omer thought for a second before answering.

"There are more than one." He said.

"I'm all ears." Fariya said.

"The day I got my admission letter in Harvard, when I took the control of our parent company, the day Dada Abbu passed away, when Rameen left me, when I got married to you, the night of our wedding. There are still so many." He said, shrugging his shoulders and Fariya smiled with lips still pressed.

"Your first priority in life?" She asked.

"Family, of course." He said quite smoothly.

Just when Fariya began to ask the next question, the waiter placed their meal in front of them and Fariya's words died in her throat.

"The game is not over yet. We'll continue it some other time." Fariya said as soon as the waiter was gone and she had started eating.

"By all means." Omer said, diving in his food too.

"What is your favourite dish?" Fariya suddenly asked and Omer looked at her for a second before answering.

"Chinese Rice." Omer said and Fariya smiled wholeheartedly.

"I'll make that for you once we get back home." She said and Omer smiled at her energy.

"As long as I don't end up in a hospital, it will be fine." Omer laughed and Fariya glared at him.

"I'll not forget to add poison in it." She said, shrugging her shoulders and fixing her attention on the meal.

To her astonishment, Omer burst out laughing, attracting the attention of a few people sitting close by before controlling his laugh.

Omer

"You look so tired, Fariya." Omer said as he unlocked the door of his room with a card and opened it wide, motioning Fariya to get inside.

"I am fine." She shrugged her shoulders as she freed herself from the coat and fell on the couch, her head placed at the back.

Omer shook his head and stared at her intently, his eyes fixed on her face.

"I've never walked this much my entire life." She exhaled a deep breath before shifting on the couch and lying on her back.

"You were the one who insisted on walking." Omer said rather angrily and Fariya smiled, her eyes still closed.

"But we enjoyed. That's what matters." Fariya said, her voice low.

Omer rolled his eyes before moving forward and sitting on the single sofa beside the couch, his eyes never leaving her face.

"Fariya, don't sleep here. Go get changed first and then sleep on the bed." He said gently as he saw Fariya's breath evening out.

"Hmm." She mumbled before turning on her side, pulling her legs towards her chest and placing her hands beneath her face.

Omer saw as peacefulness descended on her, her expressions turning serene and tranquil.

"Fariya.." His voice was a caress as he bent his head towards her but Fariya didn't reply. Straightening his back, he shook his head and let out a sigh.

"She sleeps like a child." He mumbled to himself before standing up and walking towards her couch.

Lowering himself, he snaked his arms around her waist and knees and pulled her body gently against his chest. Fariya sighed dreamily before placing her hand on his chest and snuggling closer to him.

Omer smiled down at her instincts before walking to the bed, his mind wrapped around the beauty her body radiated. Tenderly lowering her to the bed, he adjusted the pillow underneath her head and pulled the covers over her before removing her shoes from her feet.

Standing beside the bed, he peered down at the most important person of his life and smiled inwardly.

How much blessed he was to have her in his life!

She had complimented his life in a way that nobody else has. Since the moment she had entered in his life and became his wife, things have worked out so perfectly for him that it left him astounded. These days he was spending with her were indeed the most beautiful days of his life-days he wouldn't trade for anything in the world.

Every moment he was spending with her will forever remain etched in his heart and mind, filling them with a content he had never known before. He didn't care anymore if he loved her or not, as long as she was with him, he would survive every misery life threw at him.

With these thoughts in mind, he walked around to his side of the bed and sat on it. Freeing his feet from the shoes, he laid on his back on the bed and pulled not only the covers but Fariya to himself too. Fariya turned to him in sleep and Fariya threw an arm across his chest while her head rested on his shoulder now.

Sighing, she pulled closer to him even more, absorbing the heat his body provided. Omer smiled to himself before placing a kiss at the top of her head, his arm tightly wound around her waist. In that way they slept and neither of them had experienced a more peaceful sleep in their lives before. Ever.

◇◇◇◇

They were standing in the balcony of their room, the splendid view of a distant Eiffel Tower sparkling in lights before their eyes. The night was cold but it had a tenderness of soft breeze in it too. The moon peered down at the couple, its rays basking them in a shade of contentment. They stood side by side; their gazes fixed ahead, their minds fixed on each other.

"Omer?" Fariya whispered as she turned her face towards him, breaking the peaceful silence between.

"Hmm?" Omer said without averting his gaze from the breathtaking view.

"Can I ask you something?" Fariya turned her head back.

"Anything." His voice was low and deep, almost husky.

"You didn't say anything after I said I love you." Fariya said quite hesitantly and this time, Omer turned his face towards her.

"I did." Omer whispered as he fully turned on his side to face Fariya, his arms crossed across his chest.

He saw Fariya biting her lips, as if choosing the right words in her mind and Omer sighed heavily. It must have taken every bit of courage in her to raise this topic again.

"Fariya, if there's anything bothering you, you can ask." He caressed with words and Fariya nodded her head slightly.

"That day, you didn't say if you were happy or not." Her head was bowed, her voice low, her words hesitant.

"About what?" Omer insisted as he turned her towards himself and raised her face.

"About me loving you." Fariya looked straight in his eyes, although her lashes were trembling, and Omer's heart trembled too.

He had once thought that her eyes were same as hers but God, was he wrong. Undoubtedly the colour was mysteriously same, but her eyes were anything but similar to hers. They were unique, a kind he had never seen before, with flecks of brown clearly evident around the hazel orbs.

They came from a land he had not yet seen, from an ocean he had never sailed. Fariya's eyes were far more beautiful because other than any other thing, they had innocence in them. Purity. Kindness. And never in a million years would Omer ever see any other miracle in his life other than those captivating, doe-like eyes.

"I was worried." He answered and Fariya's face ashen.

"So you're not happy?" Fariya asked, her voice laced with sadness which didn't please Omer one bit.

"I never said that." He said hurriedly and Fariya's shoulder sagged.

"What do you feel? Just.. just tell me the truth." Fariya almost begged and Omer collected her in his arms before a second thought.

"Fari.." His voice tailed off as Fariya raised her head from his chest and looked straight up in his eyes.

"The truth, please." She insisted and Omer nodded with great effort.

Turning her in his arms, he made her face the stunning view ahead as he wound an arm around her waist from the back. With her back pressed against his front, Omer placed his chin at the top of her head, both of them staring at the combination of night and lights.

"My first thought was fear, I won't lie." He began in a soft voice and Fariya's heart faltered.

"I never wanted you to fall for me because I know what love do to people. It sucks the living breath out of them, leaving them banished and destroyed and I didn't want that to happen to you. You are far too important to me to let you destroy yourself just because of mere love.

Next feeling was anger because I couldn't protect you from falling in love with me. I felt responsible and I knew it was stupid because a person has no control over his feelings. But I still blamed myself.

Next came worry. I worried for myself, for you and for the future we were about to start. I was worried that you'll demand love from me; I was worried that when I won't be able to give it to you, you'll leave me.

But after everything, Fari, after every negative and heart wrenching thought, there was contentment. There was tranquillity and peacefulness. Call me selfish or whatever but the mere thought that you love me and me alone was enough to steady me for the rest of my life, to provide me with a sense of satisfaction I had never experienced before.

I still stand firm on my believe that love ruins a person but I vowed to myself that day that I'll protect your heart with everything I have. I lost my love but I'll never let you experience that kind of pain; I cried because of betrayal but I'll never let any sorrow come near you; I have no faith in love but I'll protect your belief till the end of times; I don't love you but I'll never take your love for granted.

And standing here, beneath the moon and before the magnificent view, I promise to you once again that I'll keep my vow." Omer's voice was deeper than the ocean, softer than the feathers, stronger than the moon.

Both of them stood in each other's arms, a heavy and meaningful silence between them before Fariya's sob shattered it. Omer's eyed widened slightly before he turned her in his arms. Fariya's head was casted down, tears falling on her face as her lips trembled.

"Why are you crying?" He asked, incredulity, confusion and worry in his voice and Fariya sniffed.

"I.. I.." Speaking had become an action she couldn't afford to do at the moment.

"Fariya, if you didn't like.." Omer began but Fariya shook her head fiercely.

"No, no. I.. I loved it." She said, biting her lips as Omer wiped the tears from her face with his one hand, his other arm still coiled around her waist.

"Then why are you crying?" He asked, worry lacing his voice and Fariya finally weakly smiled at him.

"It's just.. whatever you said.. I feel so cherished and protected. I was quite worried before about what you think about my confession but now, my heart is as light as a feather. Thank you so much!"

"I understand everything you just said but what I don't understand is why you cried." Although his heart had resumed its pace, confusion was still present in his mind.

"I was just so happy." Fariya said with a smile and Omer knew that this view; her swollen eyes, red nose, smiling lips, flushed cheeks was much more beautiful than any view in the world.

"And that is why you cried? Because you were happy?" Omer incredulously asked and Fariya giggled.

"You don't understand women, Omer." She said, shaking her head and Omer smiled.

"Understanding you is enough." He sensually said as he bent his head and placed a feather-like kiss on her forehead. Letting his lips linger there for a while, he sensed Fariya heating up and smiled against her forehead.

Five Months Later

"Fari, your phone." Urwa entered the Lounge and almost threw the phone to her. Catching it on time, Fariya glared at her before looking at the called ID. Sana.

"Hello, busy people!" Sana exclaimed from the other side and Fariya chuckled.

"Hello, ignorant people!" She replied in the same tone.

"How are you?" Sana asked, her voice laced with energy.

"I'm fine. You tell?" She asked.

"Perfect. How's your husband?" Sana asked, her tone mischievous and Fariya started laughing.

"He's fine too." She said in between the laughs.

"Oh, Fariya. I wanted to ask you something. I'm going out for shopping. Do you want to come with me?" She asked and Fariya narrowed her eyes thoughtfully.

"Right now?" She asked after a moment and Sana replied in a yes.

"I'm in a very bad shape right now." She said with pressed lips and Sana cursed her from the other side of the line.

"Get ready. I'm coming to pick you up in half an hour." Sana said forcefully and all words of opposition left her mind.

"Okay. I'll be ready." She said before hanging up the phone.

Quickly changing her clothes, she collected her purse from the cupboard and left her room. After telling her mother that she was going out on shopping, Fariya called Omer.

Omer, much to her surprise, didn't pick up the call even after five rings. Although this was strange for he had never ignored her call, she gave herself an excuse of him being busy and shrugged her shoulders.

Deciding to leave him a message, she left the house as she heard the noise of the horn.

"Salam, woman!" Sana's voice was more cheerful now and Fariya returned the greetings.

"Wassalam, lady!" She nodded her head as she saw Maida instructing her driver.

"Why this sudden plan?" Fariya asked after she was done.

"I was thinking about it for a long time now. The summer is coming so I need to buy new dresses." She explained and Fariya nodded her head.

"I have to buy summer clothes too." She added as she checked her phone for Omer's reply but much to her disappointment, she found none.

"Why are you looking at your phone again and again?" Sana asked mischievously between her talks and Fariya blushed slightly.

"No, I was just checking a message." She waved her hand and Sana started laughing.

"I know right." She shook her head just as the driver parked the car in front of the mall.

"Now we go!" Sana said before exiting the car and Fariya followed suit. Both of the ladies entered the large mall one after the other, their steps unhurried as they chattered.

"Let's go to that shop!" Sana said before dragging her by the arm towards a shop she was pointing at. Fariya shook her head at her friend's eagerness and smiled.

"Shopping still repels you or has your husband changed you a bit?" Sana asked smilingly and Fariya started laughing.

"It still does. I'm only here because I really need come clothes." Fariya said, laughing and Sana shook her head in disappointment.

"What good is he, then?" She shrugged her shoulders and Fariya turned to glare at her but burst out laughing.

"You're broken beyond repair." Fariya said as they entered the shop and started looking around for clothes.

"Fari, how's this one?" Sana asked as she showed her a cream coloured dress and Fariya instantly nodded her head.

"The colour combination is good." She said and moved towards the other side of the shop, looking for clothes as she went by.

An hour or so passed before they got out of the mall, their hands filled with shopping bag as they walked towards the car.

"I'm never going to go shopping again. It's such a hectic work." Fariya said with a frown and Sana started laughing.

"It's better than reading novels." She retaliated and Fariya glared at her.

"There is no joke on my books." She threatened before getting inside the car.

"Oh, Fariya?" Fariya raised an eyebrow in question as she checked her phone.

Gladly, Omer had replied but it was only a one word 'okay'. Something is wrong, she thought. Omer was always the one to worry about small things and Fariya had expected a call given his previous outbursts whenever she went out somewhere without informing him beforehand.

"I need Salaar's number. I lost it when I changed my phone." Sana said and Fariya nodded absentmindedly.

Shrugging her shoulders, she decided not to worry at the moment, giving her anxious mind an excuse that he might be busy in his work which fortunately worked for her senses.

"Let's go to a restaurant. I'm starving." She said, as she placed her phone in the bag and turned towards her friend.

"Yes, me too." Sana said dramatically and Fariya nodded her head.

The car once again stopped, this time in front of a restaurant and both of them got out.

"I'll eat everything in the restaurant." Sana said and Fariya rolled her eyes.

"Are you rolling your eyes at me, Fariya Sikandar?" She asked with narrowed eyes and Fariya bit back the laugh.

"I definitely am. Who in the world is not familiar with your love for food?" She said and Sana smirked.

"Sana!" Both of them heard an exclaim from the side just before they were about to open the door.

Turning, they were met with a sight of a woman walking towards them. She captured Sana in a hug before pulling away and shaking hands with Fariya.

"She's Sara, a family friend. And Sara, this is Fariya, my best friend." Sana introduced them and Fariya again smiled.

"It's a pleasure meeting you, Sara." Fariya said with a smile and Sara nodded her head.

"Same." She smiled.

"Fariya, can you go and get us a table. I'll be inside in a minute." Sana said apologetically and Fariya nodded before smiling at Sara and saying goodbye.

Opening the door, she stepped inside the restaurant. The pleasant atmosphere played a role in helping her muscles, the slow music playing in the background easing her mind. She scanned the area looking for a free table and luckily found one beside the window.

Slowly making her way towards the table, she pulled back the chair and sat on it. Picking the menu card from the table, she roamed her eyes over the list of dishes the restaurant served. She was at the middle when she raised her head, to look for any sign of Sana, but found none.

Shaking her head, she was beginning to lower her head again before a sight caught her attention and her whole world froze for a second.

Omer.

It was undoubtedly him.

Although only his side face was visible, Fariya was sure it was him for she could find him even in a crowd of million people. Besides, he was not much far, a barrier of only one table betwen them.

But it was not Omer who caught her attention, it was the woman he was sitting with. The woman was beautiful with ombre hair sparkling under the lights in the restaurant. Pointed nose, well sculpted lips, high cheekbones, tanned skin.

She was stunning in her own way and that's when Fariya's eyes landed on her hazel eyes and her world shook over the striking reality that abruptly hit her like a bullet.

Rameen.

☆☆☆☆

A cliffhanger! I'm so sorry but after such a long and romantic chapter, this was a necessity. (I'm evil)

Speaking of romance, how did you like it in the chapter? What was your favourite scene?

The banner above is made by very lovely, hershey-z. She's a gem, I tell you!

Till next time,
Salam!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

410K 27.9K 33
NOOR SHEIKH "He always loved her and he still love her, I was never his priority" MUHAMMAD DAIYAN MALIK "You are nothing but a replacement of my firs...
259K 26.6K 36
➳ Wattpad Picks ~ ❝Angels don't lie, but you do. If I'm a devil, what are you?❞ When Burq loses his memory in an accident and doesn't remember his ow...
19.3K 1.7K 33
Nyla Azim is loved as much as she is hated. She is outspoken, extroverted, and too deep in her own thoughts to care what other people think about her...
282K 19.5K 46
" What do you mean, doctor?" I asked. My heart dropping, putting piece to piece together. " Yes, Jahangir Ali Khan-" tension was coiling around my...