Finding Mr. Not So Right

By nyce_gurl

Dara is a simple, smart and hardworking girl who only wish to live a normal life and find her Mr. Right with... More

Chapter 1: Who is he??
Chapter 2: Not again!
Chapter 3: Faith or fate?
Chapter 4: Unexpected
Chapter 5: Mission impossible
Chapter 6: Dragon's Lair
Chapter 7: Small world
Chapter 8: Uninvited
Chapter 9: The Fifth Member
Chapter 10: Stalk-her
Chapter 11: Rain
Chapter 12: The Dream
Chapter 13: Thank you
Chapter 14: Nothing to Something
Chapter 15: The Meeting (Part 1)
Chapter 16: The Meeting (Part 2)
Chapter 17: Truce
Chapter 18: Stranger
Chapter 19: Changes
Chapter 20: Trapped
Chapter 21: Missing Link
Chapter 22: Broken Barrier
Chapter 23: Acquaintance
Chapter 24: The Plan
Chapter 25: Jealous Dragon
Chapter 26: Point of Realization
Chapter 27: The Revelations
Chapter 28: Preparation
Chapter 29: The Ball (Part 1)
Chapter 30: The Ball (Part 2)
Chapter 31: Lost and Found
Chapter 32: Dejavu
Chapter 33: Oh my God!
Chapter 34: Like vs. Love?
Chapter 35: Reunion
Chapter 36: Confession
Chapter 37: The nightmare
Chapter 38: Endless night
Chapter 39: Visitor
Chapter 40: Trip to Busan
Chapter 41: Welcome back(s)
Chapter 42: The Rival
Chapter 43: We met again
Chapter 44: Masks Off
Chapter 45: When it rains, it really pours...
Chapter 46: Unknown Feelings
Chapter 47: Lies
Chapter 48: Two face
Chapter 49: Puzzle pieces
Chapter 50: Captured
Chapter 52: Dragon Unleashed
Chapter 53: One Last Time
Chapter 54: Reunited
Chapter 55: History repeats itself
Chapter 56: Rescue Mission
Chapter 57: Mutual feeling
Chapter 58: No one else comes close
Chapter 59: Old friend
Chapter 60: First and Last
Chapter 61: The Experiment
Chapter 62: The Revenge
Chapter 63: Darkest Hour
Chapter 64: The New Beginning
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 51: Behind the real you

1.6K 37 4
By nyce_gurl

BOM'S POV

It's almost an hour since Dara went off to look for Donghae. I didn't notice the time for both Seunghyun and I were preoccupied when Jiyong suddenly called. He sounded really drunk and was pushing himself to go and join us. That moron. He's lucky he wasn't in front of me or else i would have knocked the hell down on what was left of him. 

After talking sense to him for who knows how long, Seunghyun finally convinced him to stay at home. Both of us sighed in relief, bringing us back to what was currently at hand.

"What's taking them so long?"  I asked feeling a bit strange.

"Its almost an hour since they left, let's go check on them. It doesn't feel right anymore." I heard Seunghyun said with a hint of nervousness and panic in his voice. He immediately grabbed my hand and guided me towards where the restrooms were located.

"What do you mean?" I raised my voice for him to hear me. The loud music overpowering our voices, the reason why we need to lean on each others ears to understand what we're saying.

"Just follow me." He simple said, dragging me away from the swarm of people in the middle of the dance floor.

The club had gotten even more crowded as the night went deep. That made it difficult for us to passed through the sea of people dancing their hearts out, blocking our way.

As we reached the corridor where the restrooms were, we both parted and tried searching both rooms. Seunghyun in men's and and me in woman's. I opened each cubicle but Dara was nowhere in sight. Panic suddenly rushed through me as the memory of her being taken invaded my mind. Even if i don't want to entertain the idea, it keeps popping inside my head. "Dara! Are you here?" I shouted but no one answered. I walked out of the room the same time as Seunghyun wearing a wary face.

"Did you find him?" I asked but he only shook his head. I rummaged my bag for my phone to call Dara, but only to be disappointed when i was redirected to a voicemail. "God! Dara, pick up!!" I said to myself, almost loosing control of my emotions. My eyes started to get blurry because of the tears threatening to fall. I then tried calling Donghae's phone but the same scenario happened. "They're both not answering." I looked back at Seunghyun now with a worried face as she rubbed my back to calm me.

"Don't worry, maybe they just went out. Let's go outside and look for them." He said trying to look calm, but i know he was as nervous as i am.

We paid for our bill and headed towards the exit. When we stepped outside, the bar was already surrounded by lots of cars. Sign that the crowd has grown from the time we arrived. People come and go around the place and that hinders us from thoroughly scanning the whole area. My grasp on Seunghyun's hand tighten when we reach the end of the parking lot but still, there's no sign of any of them.

"Let's call the cops. I have a bad feeling about this." I shook Seunghyun's hands to convince him.

"Bom, you know that they won't entertain us if we report this. They'll just let us wait for another twenty four hours before they'll consider her missing." He explained.

"I don't care! At least we did something to find her. She might be in danger by now. Please! We can't just stand here and do nothing!" I pleaded as the tears i've been holding finally streamed down my face.

"Okay. Just calm down. I have a better idea." He said. My brows furrowed meeting his gaze.

"What idea?" I asked, confused at his sudden change of reaction. He sighed and breath in an ample amount of air.

"I'l just explain later. Let's go." He grabbed my hand and dragged me back to his car.

I abruptly stopped when i saw Dara's car parked near his. "Wait, what about Dara's car?"

"I'll have someone to take care of it. Now let's go." He said as he opened the door of the passenger's seat and waited for me to stepped in. He run around the car to get inside now feeling the sense of urgency in him. He reved up the engine and drove off. Why do i feel that there's something else i should be worrying about?

--------
DONGHAE'S POV

Seeing Bom's name appear on the screen, I watched as my phone blinked many times. They must have noticed our absence by now. I must say it took them a while. I shifted my gaze towards the limped body of Dara, lying at the backseat of the van still unconscious. We are currently on our way to one of our bases away from the city. Far from even Jiyong and his gang's radar can reach. I know what i'm doing is unforgivable and will put myself in a big risk but i had no choice. I have to do this....to protect her.

(Flashback)

After she knew about my real identity, i didn't dare talk to her. I saw how she looked at me. Pain visible in her eyes as i saw tears streamed down her face. I don't have other choice but to walk away.

I isolated myself from the world as mine crumbled down to pieces. Almost everyone tried to reached me except for one person i desperately wanted to talk to. I want to explain to her why but i couldn't get enough courage to do so.

The moment i first saw her, she already owned my heart. I don't know if i should thank my father when he ordered me to watch her every move. That's the plan from the very beginning. From the time her father hid her and sent her away, it has been my father's task to find her and bring her back to the leader. It took him so long that i inherited that obligation from him. I was just starting back then when my father introduced me to the underground world, it was my very first mission. To find her and surrender her to the clan leader. But as time went by, little by little, my father began to have a change of heart. He witnessed how the leader used the chemist to develop a drug that can manipulate one's mind. He saw how many innocent people were used as guinea pigs just to test the drug if it already passed his expectations. Unfortunately, none of them survived. My father has been loyal ever since but he said he can't take it anymore. His conscience got the best of him. He once thought of breaking his ties with them. He even tried to convince the Kims about it but they turned him down. Instead, the Kims persuaded him to join them on double crossing the Kwons. Like the leader, the Kims also have the same goal, to be the most powerful clan of all.

We didn't know that the Kims had a son. It turns out that they intentionally hid his identity for their advantage. I just learned of his existence one day when he knocked on my door.

I opened the door, thinking it was just one of my men lurking around the whole area.

"Long time no see, Lee Donghae."  The man took off his hoody to reveal himself and i was shocked to see who it was.

"Jaejoong?"

"The one and only." He said smirking at me.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"I'm just paying you a visit. Its been a while since you showed yourself to the public." I scoffed. Is he here to rub what happened in my face?

"What do you care? Just leave me alone!" I slammed the door in his face but he stopped it using his foot to blocked it.

"Don't you want to hear my proposal to you?"

"I'm not interested! Leave or i'l call my guards!" I shouted at him trying to push the door close.

"Even if it involves Dara?" He said and that put me into a halt. What is this bastard planning? I pulled the door open and met his gaze with a glare.

"What are you talking about?"

"Aren't you going to let me in first? Someone might hear us here." He looked around before shrugging his shoulder. I opened the door for him as i let him passed by me.

"Now, talk." I ordered him but he ignored me. He walked around my apartment like a welcomed guest and started roaming his eyes, inspecting every piece of furniture.

"You have a nice place here." He said and smiled at me.

"Cut the crap and talk. I don't have all day!" I snapped at him which made him chuckled. This man is really testing my patience. He walked towards the couch to sit as he stretched his arms on the back making himself comfortable.

"Relax Lee. Sit down, this will take a while." He said but i remained on my position and crossed my arms above my chest not saying a word. "Fine. If thats what you want. Suit yourself."

I gave him a stern look which he returned with a smirk. I'm fighting the urge in me to punch his pretty face which is getting stronger by the minute. "I want to help you with Dara." He started crossing his legs. "I know your interested in her. Your just too coward to admit."

"Who are you calling a coward? You piece of shit!" I snarled at him.

"Oh come on, you've been with her since ages ago and still you haven't told her how you feel. Isn't that pathetic?"

"What?!?"

"That's the reason i'm here. To help you."

"Where are you going with this?" I asked furrowing my brows.

"I want to help you but in return you have to help me." He said now in a serious manner. "You very well know the secret of the clan leader don't you?" My eyes widen in shock as he continued. "The big three clans, The Kwons, Lees and Kims."

My heart began to pound hard when he mentioned it. He looks like he knows what he's saying. "What are you telling me?"

"Don't you ever wonder why the Kims never mentioned any heir?" He said.

"I don't know. I knew they cannot bear any child since then. That has been the major topic of the town." I said looking at him.

"Wrong answer. There is, and you're already looking at him right now." That revelation shocked the hell out of me.

"Wh-what? I thought..."

"Yes, you guys thought i don't exist. That means i really did my job well." He smiled from ear to ear.

"What are you saying?"

"Well, they tried to hide me and it was successful. Its part of the plan actually."

"What plan?"

"To take down Kwon." He looked at me with menacing eyes. "And no one ever suspects that it was me doing all the dirty jobs. The failed transactions they had with their clients, stealing their customers one by one, it was all me and no one ever traced that i'm related to the Kims all along. Such losers." He laughed at his own words before he continued "And now, Kwon's most treasured project will also be taken from him without him knowing whose responsible. Isn't that amazing?" He clasped both his hands looking happy with what he'd done. This man is crazy. He looked at me again, now with serious face. "I know you know what they are up to, that project they've been doing for the past years. Don't you think its kind of selfish of him to take all the benefits? He didn't even consider the other clans."

"So you want to take it all to yourself, is that it? Then you're no different that him."

"Well, i'm not that selfish that's why i'm sharing this to you. Join me and we will rule among others. Even the great leader will fall under us." He said tilting his head as he wait for my answer.

"What does Dara have to do with this?"

"She's our ace. We'll use her to force his father and if we get the chemist to finally finish the drug's formula then thats it. The whole world will bow to us. Don't you like that?" He said dreamily as if he's somewhere thinking happy thoughts. This bastard. How dare him use Dara on this? I thought they were friends. Turns out it was just one of his plans to get her closer to him. "And besides, if we get a hold of her, she'll be all yours. Kwon's son will be out of the picture." He smirked while giving me a meaningful look.

"What if i don't join you?" I asked glaring at him.

"If you don't, we will still pursue the plan, with or without you. So, what's it gonna be?" I fell silent. All i can think about right now is nothing but Dara's safety. If i don't join them, i wouldn't know their other plans and it will be hard for me to protect her.

My long period of silence must have cut his patience short for he abruptly stood and headed towards the door. "Well, its seems like you're not interested. I'll go ahead then, but don't come running to me if this comes out successful."

He twisted the knob and was about to leave when i immediately stop him."Wait!" He turned his body around to face me again, "I'm in."

"That's what i'm talking about. Good choice." He finally said as he flashed me his evil grin.

Dara...i thought leaving you alone will make you safe and happy, but i don't think this is the right time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 195 22
How hard can it be to be just "one of the crowd?" Fighting through whatever there is to let him know your existence in this world. But nothing beats...
369K 8.4K 31
When the red string of fate malfunctioned, Dara ended up being physically tied to the most stoic person in the planet. The string does not stretch an...
19.1K 309 8
A Sequel or should I say, Part II of my One-Shot entitled Invisible Man. So, here you go... Sandara Park, called as Dara by some of her close fr...
30.4K 1K 53
Park Sandara or Dara is a Production Assitant in KEBN. Her peaceful life is shaken when a well-known entertainment executive and a charismatic actor...