fire and rain // forheadedrose

By forheadedrose

"In a fight, they're lethal. Around each other, they melt." Loosely based on the new FOX show, Lethal Weapon. More

1. Promotion
2. Dinner
3. Surf n' turf
4. Best buds
5. There goes the neighborhood pt. 1
6. There goes the neighborhood pt. 2
7. Spilt milk pt.1
8. Spilt milk pt.2
9. Laundromat
10. Work party
12. Noise complaint
13. Magic
14. Julian pt.1
15. Julian pt.2
16. Sunset
17. Jack the ripper
18. Shotgun wedding
19. Inappropriate work behavior
20. Big flashlight store
21. Second chances
22. Busting bad guys with Baby Bella
23. Babysitter
24. Prodigal son
25. The list
26. To elope or not to elope?
27. Carnival honeymoon
28. Backyard sunset
29. Family tree
30. Last goodbye
31. Adjustments
32. The necklace
33. Guess who's back, back again
34. Decoy pt.1
35. Decoy pt.2
36. Jingle Bell glock pt.1
37. Jingle bell glock pt.2
38. Bathtub conversations
39. Counseling
40. Baby names
41. Destroying Yourself
42. Baby blues
43. Dog tags
44. Falling down
45. Danger
46. Homecoming
47. Family
48. Junior Detectives
48. Lawmen pt.1
49. Lawmen pt.2
50. Lawmen pt.3
51. Relative(ly annoying)
52. Brotherly love pt.1
53. Brotherly love pt.2
54. Brotherly love pt.3
55. Details
56. Issues
57. Memory
58. Therapy
59. Too much
60. One flight down
61. Goodbye my lover
62. What's left.
63. The same
64. "Yes ma'am."

11. Lifes a picnic

1.8K 43 26
By forheadedrose

D E J A

I helped Trish with carrying some food out and set it on a long table that had a collection of other foods.

I stole a chip from the bowl I just brought out, "Is that it?" I asked as I slightly covered my mouth while I chewed.

"You can go find him." She smiled widely and I shyly smiled before walking around and looking for one person in particular at this little bbq at the Murtaugh's home, in their backyard.

I stopped as I saw Riggs drinking a beer as he tried to help Roger with the barbecuing, which was amusing because Roger never lets anyone help.

I walked over, "Don't fight at Raine's party." I smirked.

They both glanced at all of the teenagers roaming the backyard.

She wanted to throw a small party to impress some boy.

"D, get him out of here, will you?" Roger harshly whispered and I chuckled.

I grabbed Martin's arm that had his hand tucked in his front pants pocket, I pulled him out of the way, near the edge of the party so we weren't the center of attention.

"I'm surprised you even showed up." I said as we leaned on the fence.

"And miss this party?" He smiled over at me and I chuckled softly.

"I don't know why Raine's even throwing a party for this boy, he sounds like a player to me." I said looking around at the party as our hands locked together, I felt him looking at me as I worried about my little sister.

"Plus, I think every girl at this party is crushing on you." I said looking up at him to see a small smirk playing on his lips as he looked down at me.

"They're all high schoolers." He laughed, "So? Take it as a compliment." I laughed as I shrugged.

I lightly gasped, "That's him, that's who she likes.. Maybe I'll do a little interrogating." I said trying to step away but Riggs pulled me back.

He held me close as our lips were pressed together, making me forget about whatever I was doing.

"Yo, the food is done!" Roger yelled, probably just to make Riggs and I stop kissing.

I smiled as we broke apart, I bit my smile as I put my head on his chest.

I stood up straight to see a small smirk looking at me, "Thanks." I spoke shyly and he slightly nodded.

I breathed deeply before we went and got food.

Riggs and I sat at a table with Trish and Roger, of course after a few moms and older sisters tried to get his number. The chaperones.

I couldn't quit giggling as Riggs sat down by me, "Lots of Cougars here, today." I smiled to myself as I picked at my food.

"Can you blame them?" Trish laughed and I laughed loudly.

I love Trish.

"Hey, hello. Husband, sitting right here." Roger said and Trish laughed as she grabbed his arm, she assured him that their was no one else for her.

I watched in adoration as they kissed, they were so in love.

I sucked in sharply as I felt a stinging sensation on my palm, I put my hand up and Riggs took it gently.

"I'm fine, just a bee sting--" I was taken back as Riggs brought my hand up to his lips, he sucked on the bee sting and I looked over at Trish and Roger.

Trish smiled happily as Roger's eyes widened.

I looked at Riggs with my lips slightly parted as he stood up straight, "Got it." He said grabbing something from his teeth and then flicking it.

I breathed deeply as Riggs rubbed off my hand, "Better?" He asked and I slowly nodded with a growing smile, "Better."

"Boy Scouts." He smiled widely as I smiled with my eyes closed, I leaned back onto the little bench we was sat on as our hands hung together loosely.

"Never suck on my daughters hand again." Roger said pointing at Riggs and I snorted with laughter.

"Roger," Trish laughed as she grabbed his arm, "I'm just saying you two are moving awfully fast, don't you think?" Roger said to us before looking over at Trish.

"No, I don't think they are. Let's not forget that you proposed after only a few months." She reminded him and I smiled.

"Tell us how you proposed." I said leaning forward even though I've heard many times, because I would ask them all the time.

"Well, back in the 80s there was a band called Fleetwood Mac, and I happened to win two tickets on a radio contest. I took Trish with me for a date. Keep in mind that I won these cheap tickets on a radio, so they were nosebleed seats." Roger explained as I leaned on Martin.

"So it was pouring rain, dinner was terrible because we tried somewhere new, and our tickets turned out to be in the furthest section from the stage.." He chuckled.

"And then they started to play one of their slower songs-- I looked over at Trish and her neon eyeshadow that she tried to keep from smearing in the rain," He smiled over at Trish as she smiled at the ground.

"I felt in my pocket for the ring I bought her-- because I knew I was going to marry her. I just figured we'd wait awhile. I got down on one knee and took her hand in mine. She almost started crying when she saw me pull that ring out.. And the rest is ancient history." Roger said before pecking his wife's lips and I almost cried just watching them.

"Dej, would you like to go for a walk with me?" Martin asked and I slowly nodded and then stood up.

As we got out of the backyard, he cleared his throat.

"You can ask." I smiled at him, "Ask what?" He played dumb.

"About Ashton." I said as I batted my eyes.

"How'd he propose?" He asked the question he's been wanting to ask.

"At this beautiful rooftop restaurant in New York, in June. It was perfect." I sighed, half sad, half happy just thinking about that day.

"Believe it or not, I loved him a lot when we were together. Charlie ran me around town all day keeping it a secret, getting my hair, nails, and make up done." I said before looking up at him.

"And look where it got me-- divorced. And he's married to barista with a little baby." I scoffed.

"It seems like the bigger and better the proposal, the shorter marriage." I lightly chuckled.

"I didn't know they had a kid." Martin said and I hummed, "He should be like a year or two old by now- Jimmy."

"Sorry, I'm just glad to be out of that. And with you." I spoke as I looked up at him.

The sun had already disappeared as we stopped walking, we faced each other.

"I guess I was so stuck on him, I never knew the best was yet to come." I said and he slowly leaned down towards my lips.

As we broke apart I stared up at him, "How'd you propose to Miranda?" I whispered.

He lightly chuckled, "At the fanciest restaurant in town. But like you said- the bigger the proposal, the shorter the relationship." He said with his lips close to mine.

They brushed together before I melted into the kiss, I melted in his arms, I melted.

"Let's go back to the party." I said close to his face, he hummed as a response.

We went back to see that the patio was turned into a slow-dance floor.

"Dance with me." Riggs looked over at me as we stood along the sidelines.

"I don't dance." I tried to hold back my smile as I looked up at him.

"I'll teach you." He said before pouting, begging to dance.

"Fine," I whispered, giving in, "Show me your Texan dance moves." I smiled as he kissed my cheek.

We walked out to where all of the teenagers danced, I felt so old amongst them.

He took my wrists in his hand and put them around his neck with my hands lightly playing with his hair.

"Uh-uh." He breathed with a smirk as he moved my hands, he made me quit playing with his hair, "Why?" I quietly whined as he put his hands on my hips.

"Because your touch, let alone you playing with my hair- makes me feel like I'm losing my mind." He said as we just barely swayed.

"Really?" I smiled.

"Yes, and making love to you might drive me crazy." He looked at my eyes, I bit back my smile as I laid my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes as he lightly tickled my arms.

I stood up straight and he took one of my hands into his, a small smile played on his lips as he twirled me in what felt like slow motion, I laughed lightly before I was brought back up against his chest.

I closed my eyes as he bent his neck and left a trail of kisses on my neck.

He slowly stood up straight, his breath tickling my lips as I stared at his pretty brown eyes.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked.

"I wish you would." I whispered before his nose brushed against mine.

I melted into the kiss once again, I didn't know if my knees would buckle or my foot would pop, like in all of those movies.

I hate to admit it but I was falling in love with Martin John Riggs.

A/N Clayne is my dream man (these last few chapters are more personal- less work. Because these are chapters I make up and then the more police-work ones are the one from the show LETHAL WEAPON )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 2.8K 33
read my newest one shots on ao3, my username is dancingmalum these are my one shots from before I quit posting on wattpad.
27.6K 110 3
My fatal attraction will make me come undone.
26K 248 19
Just a book for BSM and DDM with 5SOS!
55.1K 1.7K 27
"Are you still crazy?" "Only and forever for you sweetheart." - sequel to Burning Legacy - All rights reserved, teenwolfiesx © 2015