Our Modern Fairytale (ZM) [CO...

By Mumal16

WINNER OF THE FANFICTION AWARDS 2017. Ranked #1 out of 77.1k Zayn stories, April 26 2020. Ranked #1 out of 25... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Last Chapter/Epilogue.
Last Author Note.
My other books.
Omg read this!

Chapter 11.

3.3K 262 381
By Mumal16

(Unedited, Unread, written in a sleepy state at midnight so ignore the senseless things and mistakes)

My eyes flutter open as I watch him in shock, his eyes closed, his lips attached to mine as the thought of a panic attack quickly disappears from my mind and a new, different feeling takes over me. The electrifying sensations I might say, pass over once he pulls back from me and looks into my eyes, leaving him and I, both, completely speachless.

I forget about my heart beat and breathing, but then I notice that they are getting to their normal pace as I quietly stare at Zayn in shock.

"Did you just..d-did you just kiss m-me?" I ask bewildered, still out of breath a little. He pulls away his head back from me, giving me a better look at him as I helplessly lie in his arms.

"I didn't know what to do! You..uh. you- you were having a panic attack and I jus-yeah I kissed you." He stutters, looking away from me, but then again meeting my gaze.

I bring my hand over my chest, as I try to breathe properly and sit up beside him. "Don't tell me you saw that in teen wolf?" I say and he bites his lips, lowering his face, looking away from me. I swear I heard him mumble a 'yes' under his breath.

"Oh my God, did...you d-did you take the inspiration from Lydia kissing Stiles when he was having a panic attack?" I breathe heavily, laughing in between, when I notice a smile appearing on his face as he lifts up his head to look at me.

"It helped him, and it helped you as well. Right?" He says with a smile and I shake my head playfully, resting my back against the railing of the bridge, as I turn my head to look at Harrison who has dissappeared from here, making me give out a sigh of relief.

"That coward ran away, don't worry about him." Zayn's voice gets my attention and I look at my fingers, playing with them and nodding my head.

"Are you alright, Maire? I'm so sorry that you had to go through this." I lift up my head, looking at how concerned he looks. The look of worry and guilt, plastered all over his face, making me feel guilty of my actions.

If I had listened to him earlier, and not agreed to come with Harrison, all of it wouldn't have happened. My eyes land on the blood oozing from his lips, making me furrow my eyebrows.

"I'm fine, you don't have to be sorry. I should be the one to appologise, I didn't listen to you and got you in this trouble..." I trail off, reaching out my fingers for his lips, as I graze them over his bottom lip, wiping away the blood.

He watches me closely, before grabbing my hand, and slowly but hesitantely locking his fingers with mine, as he rests his head against the railing of the bridge beside me. I gasp a little at his actions as my stomach takes weird kind of churns due to our hands locked together, tightly.

"He is my mother's second husband's son." He speaks slowly, closing his eyes, our hands still linked together as we sit side by side. I frown my eyebrows at him.

"Your step father's son, means your step brother?" I ask and he goes quiet for a minute before answering me with his eyes still closed the whole time.

"I wouldn't call that man my father or his son, my brother. They are related to my mother not to me." I notice as the cold expressions appear on his face, his jaw clenching and his grip on my hand tightening. He tries his best to control the anger which is creeping it's way towards him, as I caress the back of his hand with my thumb and squeez his hand in a comfort.

"She...she shouldn't even be called my mother. She is just a person who gave birth to me." His eyes open, as he stares in the middle of no where.

His voice, his face, his expressions, everything show that he is hurt, he is holding back something; something which is painful enough for him to cause a tear slip from his eyes which he doesn't notice. With my free hand, I wipe away the tear from his cheek, making him look at me in confusion.

"Are you cryin-"

"NO!" He quickly removes his hands from mine and gets up from beside me. He walks over to where my jacket is lying as he grabs it and hands it over to me. I quickly wear it as my stare stay fixed on Zayn's face as he looks everywhere but not towards me.

I never knew I would see Zayn cry one day. He looks like a person who doesn't have feelings and is heartless. But deep down inside there is a heart which beats, which still shows that he cares, which makes him a human being. Every person has feelings, no matter how tough they try to be. But why is he trying to hide it and show that he is heartless?

"Why do you hide your emotions, Zayn?" Before I can even think about it, these words leave my mouth, making him look at me with a serious look.

"I can ask you the same question, Maire." He says, his expressions still not changing as he tries to maintain his hard persona. "Why do you show the world that you're not in pain?"

No matter what I say, his words did hit me. I mean, he could see that I'm hiding my feelings, my emotions, my pain, which no one else ever did.

"I'm not hiding anything." I quickly say before walking past him to the forest inside. I hear his footsteps follow me as I keep on walking. I don't want to turn back and join the rest of the students right now or in any way come in contact with Harrison, who I thought was a good person.

After so many years, I started thinking I was getting along with someone, but I was wrong. I shouldn't even be with Zayn, because I know he might be upto something as well. But my heart doesn't let those moments go when he saved me from those people who tried to drown me or almost sexually harrass me. Zayn might be annoying, but he is the guy who helped me whenever I needed someone. He had been there for me both the times. He even tried to stop me from going with Harrison, and even now he can leave me alone, but he still decides to join me.

"How did you know where we were?" I ask him as I keep on walking and he finally catches my speed, walking beside me, pushing back the tree branches with his hands.

"I was following you two because I didn't trust him." He admits, making me lift up my head and look at him, when my foot stumbles and I fall inside the puddle of mud in the next few seconds, causing all my clothes to soak in the mud. Zayn quickly jumps back from me, looking over at his clothes for a hint of mud splash, when he finds none.

It seems like his senses just started working that he realized I'm lying in the puddle of mud, as he quickly looks up at me and does something which I wasn't expecting.

He bursts into laughter.

"What?!" I throw my arms in the air, in dissapointment as I look over at him with my body and face covered with dirt.

"Help me, you idiot!" I raise my voice, which seems so low due to his loud laughs which are almost echoing in this forest, as he clutches his stomach and bend over a little, pointing at me like a five year old and making fun of me.

With my fingers, I wipe the access of dirt from my mouth and eyes, as Zayn steps forward and then again takes steps back from me, making me look at him in disbelief.

"I am so not touching you like this. Stay in there, you look cute!" He laughs, talking in between, making me gasp at him.

Did he just call me cute?

Shut up, Maire. He is making fun of you. Don't fangirl over him calling you cute which is to only make fun of you.

"I hate you!" I groan, getting up from the puddle, as I walk out of it with my clothes stuck to my body and the mud all over it, making me whine.

Before I can even figure out what happened, I hear a sound of a camera flashing, making me look up at Zayn to see his smart phone in his hand as he takes a picture of me with an evil grin on his face.

"What. The. Hell. Zayn. Malik!" I yell, moving forward my hand to grab his phone but he quickly shifts from his place and starts running making me run behind him with my dirty clothes sticking to my figure, making it difficult for me to run and chase him.

His laughter and my screams are the only thing being heard right now, as we both keep on running to somewhere we don't know. Pushing away the twigs and branches of trees Zayn suddenly comes to an abrupt pause making me lose my balance as I begin to fall on him but he quickly moves to the left, making me fall below. BUT not on the ground, when I feel the water going inside my nostrils, and my arms and legs flailing helplessly, that's when I notice I'm in the water. Before I can even think about anything, my body gets pulled up from the water as Zayn carries me out from the lake and carefully places me on the ground.

I cough violently, glaring at Zayn in between who looks guilty as he tries to rub my back to make me feel better.

"I could've died!" I raise my voice at him.

"And do you think I would've let that happen?" He asks me, his eyes looking directly in mine as I take deep breathes, trying to calm myself.

"But you let me fall inside it!" I argue, as he sits beside me with his legs criss crossed, sighing to himself, looking at me with an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry about that. But atleast you're all cleaned up now." He burst into laughter again, as I pass him a glare, making him shut his mouth as he again mumbles a sorry to me.

I look like a wet cat right now. When you give them forced baths and they look so cute and weird, both at the same time. But I'm sure I don't look cut-

"You look cute like this." Zayns grins at me, stopping me in the middle of my thoughts and I pass him another glare.

"My clothes are all wet! And I look like a wet-"

"Cat." He completes my sentence again laughing but stops when I once again pass him a glare.

"I'm freezing right now!" I complain, making him sigh. He shakes his head before taking off his leather jacket and shirt.

I look at him in confusion as he takes off his shirt and sticks out his hand in front of my face holding out his shirt in it. I stare at Zayn's shirt before eyeing him up and down, who is standing in front of me with his upper body; bare.

"What?" I ask in confusion, as he rolls his eyes at me.

"Wear my shirt." He says, most likely orders and I stare at him, raising my eyebrows.

He wants me to wear his shirt?

"Are you seriou-"

"Are you gonna wear it yourself or you want me to do the honours?" A smirk finds it's way on his lips as he tries his best to be serious and comanding.

After staring at him quietly for almost a minute, I grab the shirt from his hold, and ask him to turn over so I can change.

Although he has already seen me without a shirt when Harrison tried to makeout with me, but I still would want to think that it never happened.

I quickly take off my soaked dirty shirt and drape over Zayn's loose white tank top, on my body. I can feel the scent of his collogne which can drive a person crazy.

"You done?" He asks, and I answer a 'yes' before he turns around, his upper body covered with his brown leather jacket while mine covered with his top.

A slight smirk appears on his lips as he stares at me in his shirt, quietly, before speaking up.

"You look cute."

This is the third time he said this sentence to me in this whole day, but it couldn't stop me from feeling the crimson red colour creep it's way on my cheeks.

~*~

Proof that Harry Styles is a frog:

See I told you!!! Also, thank you to @crazyreader18 for the cover ❤ if ya guys want to send any banner, trailers, covers, PM me.

Please show your support if you like the book by voting, commenting, sharing with your friends and adding to the public reading list.

Question of the day:
IS HARRY STYLES A FROG OR NOT? YOU GUYS WANT MORE PROOFS?

jk jk. But still answer the question^^

Keep smiling cause it looks best on you. :)

Love y'all and frogs a lot. Jk.

Love y'all and zayn a lot. OH HEY zayn VAS HAPPENIN'? YOU CHILLIN' ON WATTPAD MAN? (In the last post, a lot of you guys commented that i forgot to say this. Well, I purposely did that and you guys noticed so hehehehehe. What am I even writing? Its midnight I'm sleepy af)

Alien out.
-M.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 126 18
Hi this is my first Fanfiction This story might start bad but i promise it gets a lot better :)) __________________________ This story is abou...
817 41 23
Danielle is a beautiful soul with a demon inside. But what if one day she meets him and realized that demons werent just in your head but disguised a...
31.2K 858 34
Zayn is depressed and tries to hide it. But what will happen if someone finds out his secret? Will he make it worse, or just better? or the one wher...