The Gilbert Twin (TVD) Book 2

By ClaireTmt

Annabelle (Bella) Gilbert is back, but not human. After the events of finding her birth mother, finding out J... More

The Return (Edited)
Brave New World (Edited)
Bad Moon Rising (Edited)
Memory Lane (Edited)
Kill or Be Killed (Edited)
Plan B (Edited)
Masquerade (Edited)
Rose (Edited)
Katerina (Edited)
The Sacrifice
By the Light Of the Moon
The Descent
Daddy Issue's
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rise's
As I Lay Dying
Book 3
+ Playlist For All Chapter's/ Episodes

Klaus

5.8K 139 16
By ClaireTmt

(The Salvatore Boarding House)

Bella's POV.

I'm still waiting down in the basement for Elijah to wake up, and I'm almost drifting off to sleep. Elijah suddenly shoots up, so I rush over to him and he is in shock when he sees me.

"Elijah" I say to him as he looks confused.

"Katerina!" He says loudly at me, and I shake my head at him.

"Elijah! It's me, it's Bella" I tell him, and he nods his head slowly, but he is still panicking.

"Oh, my God" He says and he closes his eyes, I get closer to him but his body spasms out. He gets up and is gasping for air.

"I can't-I can't breathe! What's happening to me?" He asks me confused and he rushes over near the door but slams into the doorway. I rush over to him and hold him up.

"I can't...I can't be in this house" He tells me, I know what is happening.

"You're not invited in" I explain to him.

"Then get me out of here" he tells me and he slams into another wall and disappears.

I run after him and I go to the front door, and Elijah is crouching outside. He gets up and rushes at me to enter but freezes at the threshold, unable to enter.

"What happened?" He asks me confused.

"Shh!" I whisper to him as I point upstairs, indicting than Stefan and Damon may hear us "I'll tell you. Not here. Can I trust you?" I ask him in a hush tone.

"Can I trust you?" He whispers back, and I take out the dagger and hand it to him, and he hesitantly takes it.

(Skip to somewhere in Mystic Falls)

I'm in my car driving away from the boarding house, and the sun starts to rise so I pull over. I look over to To Elijah in the passenger seat and he's drinking his eighth blood bag.

"You look a little better, I wish I could of grabbed more but that was all I could carry" I tell him as he finishes he blood bag.

"Where did you get the dagger?" He asks me as he wipes his mouth with a slightly signed handkerchief.

"I'll tell you everything. But we have to work together, Elijah. I need your word" I tell him.

"Your ability to make demands has long passed" He tells me, and I shake my head at him.

"Really? I refused to help my friends dagger you and in return you knock me out" I tell him, and he Looks at me wih a little regret.

"I am sorry about that, but that still doesn't mean I should give you my word so that we can help each other" He tells me sadly.

"I'm offering you my help. And in return, I want yours" I explain to him.

"And why should I even consider this?" He asks me as he shakes his head at me.

"The same reason that you haven't killed me. You need my help to kill Klaus. And I need you" I tell him as my phone buzzes, I take it out and Elena is calling me so I answer it.

"Where are you? Are you okay?" She shouts through the phone.

"Yes, I'm fine" I tell her as Elijah stares at me, probably listening to the conversation.

"Where's Elijah?" I hear Stefan ask.

"He's right here" I tell him, as I don't give our location away.

"Where? We're on our way" Stefan tells me.

"No, Stefan, Elijah and I need some time alone" I tell him.

"Listen to me. He can't be trusted he'll use you to get to Klaus" Elena tells me, but unlike them I trust Elijah, and hopefully he can trust me too.

"Elijah is a noble man, Elena. He lives by a code of honor. I can trust him. He knows that I'd be incredibly stupid to betray him like you guys did. By removing the dagger, I have proven myself"  I explain to him.

"You can't do this alone" Stefan argues with me.

"It's my decision, Stefan. Please respect it. And make sure that Damon doesn't do anything stupid. I'll be in touch. Bye Lena" I tell them before I hang up.

I then look over to Elijah and he is holding out his hand for my phone so I give it to him, and he puts is in his inside pocket.

"He's here" I tell him.

"Klaus is here?" He asks quite shocked and confused at the same time.

"He's taken over Alaric's body" I explain to him.

"Of course he has. One of his favorite tricks" He tells me as he raises his eyebrows at the thought.

"Well, what are his other tricks? What is he going to do next? You're the only one who knows him" I ask him, we need to stop him before he hurts me or my sister.

"Yes, I do. But first I need a chamge of clothes" He tells me, and I look at his burned suit.

"Well, who is your taylor?" I ask him, and he shakes his head with a little laugh.

"It's too far to drive... Let's go to the Lockwood Residence" He tells me, and I nod my head hesitantly.

(Skip to the Lockwood Residence)

Me and Elijah finally arrive at the Lockwood Residence, and Elijah knocks on the door. A few minutes later and Carol answers, and she looks like she is going out.

"Elijah, Bella! What are you doing here? What happened?" She asks us as she looks at Elijah's burned suit.

"I've had a bit of an incident, Carol. I'm hoping you could help" Elijah asks as he takes a step towards her.

"Well, I'm on my way to a meeting, so I-" Carol tries to say, but Elijah interupts her by compelling her "It won't take but a minute of your time" He tells her, and she smiles at him.

"Of course. Anything you need" She tells him as she stands aside as she lets us in.

"Thank you" He tells her, and he looks down at his suit before looking back at her "Well, first things first. I'm going to need a change of clothing" He says to her, and she begins to think.

"Well, we can try one of my husband's suits. I haven't boxed them up yet" She tells him with a big smile.

"Wonderful" He says before she goes upstairs, and he turns to face me.

"How did you know she's not on vervain?" I ask him confused.

"'Cause I'm the one who got her off it. Right before you and your friends killed me. Twice. If you'll excuse me. I'll be down in a moment" He tells me before going upstairs.

"Like I said, I refused to help them try and kill you" I tell him in hush tone, and I know he can hear me.

After Elijah put on one of Mayor Lockwoods clean suits, he came downstairs and joined me in the living room.

"So I assume that the Martin witches are no longer with us" Elijah asks me, and I shake my head sadly.

"No. I'm sorry" I apologise to him.

"And Katerina? She would have been released from my compulsion when I died" He adds, and nod my head yes.

"Klaus took her. We think that she may be dead" I tell him unsure.

"I doubt that. Not Klaus' style. Death would be too easy for her after what she did" He tells me, what did she do?

"I don't understand. You say that you want Klaus dead, but you still made Katherine pay for betraying him" I ask him confused.

"I have my own reasons for wanting Katerina to pay. There was a time...I'd have done anything for Klaus" He tells me, as he also tells me about how hey first met, and I look suprised when he says Klaus is his brother "Yes. Klaus is my brother" He clarifies, a d I nod my head understanding.

"I heard that. I'm still processing" I tell him, why would he want to kill his brother? What has he done that it has driven him to want to kill his brother?

"Yes, I'm a little behind on the times, but I believe the term you're searching for is "O.M.G." He tells me, and I giggle awkwardly as he drinks his tea and take a drink of my hot chocolate.

"So there's a whole family of Originals?" I ask him and I sigh uncomfortably.

"My father was a wealthy land owner in a village in Eastern Europe. Our mother bore seven children" He explains to me.

"So your parents were human?" I ask him unsurely.

"Our whole family was. Our origin as vampires is a very long story, Bella. Just know...We're the oldest vampires in the world. We are the Original family, and from us all vampires were created" He explains to me.

"Right, but Klaus is your brother. And you want him dead?" I ask him, and he stays silent as he tries to think of answer.

"I need some air. I'm still feeling a tad...dead. Come" He tells me as we leave the living room and into the backyard for a stroll "So as you've seen, nothing can kill an Original. Not Sun, not fire, not even a werewolf bite. Only the wood from one tree. A tree my family made sure burned" He tells me, if they destroyed the only think we can kill Klaus with then how are we going to stop him.

"That's where the white ash for the dagger comes from" I say to him, and he nods his head yes.

"Yes. The witches won't allow anything truly immortal to walk the earth. Every creature needs to have a weakness in order to maintain the balance" He tells me, and I nod my head as begin to understand.

"So the Sun can't kill an Original. Why is Klaus so obsessed with breaking the Sun and Moon curse?" I ask him.

"Right. The curse of the sun and the moon. It's all so...biblical-sounding, don't you think?" He asks me as he smiles a little, and it looks like he is trying to hide a small laugh.

"What's so funny?" I ask him confused.

"It doesn't exist, we made it up" He tells me as he shrugs his shoulders.

"I don't understand. So Klaus drew the Aztec sketches about the curse?" I ask him as I refer to the maps that Isobel found.

"Roman scrolls, African tribal etchings, and any other culture or continent we felt like planting in it" He says to me.

"But why?" I ask him as we stop walking and face each other.

"Easiest way to discover the existence of a Doppelganger's or to get your hands on some long, lost moonstone is to have every single member of two warring species on the lookout" He explains to me.

"So it's not Aztec at all?" I ask him.

"The curse of the Sun and the Moon...is fake. It doesn't exist" He tells me as I stand there in shock, and he starts walk away from me.

"What?!" I almost shout at him as I follow him to try and catch up.

"Klaus and I faked the sun and moon curse dating back over a thousand years" He explains to me as I finally catch up to him.

"But if there's no curse..." I trial off confused.

"There's a curse. Just not that one. The real one's much worse. It's a curse placed on Klaus" He tells me, which makes me even more confused.

"What are you talking about?" I ask him as I shake my head confused.

"Klaus has been trying to break it for the last thousand years. And you and your sister are his only hope" He explains to me.

"What is this curse?" I ask him interested, but he just sighs and pulls my phone out from his jacket.

"Your phone will not stop its incessant buzzing. Answer it, please" He tells me as he hands me my phone, and I answer it without looking at the ID. As soon as I answer it I hear Elena's voice.

"Elena...what's wrong? No. No, no, no, no. Okay, okay, keep me updated" I tell her as I hang up the phone, and I feel tears starting to form in my eyes.

"Klaus went after Jenna... He's going to kill everyone I care about, isn't he?" I ask him as I look down and a tears stream down my face.

"We will stop him" He tells me as he takes my chin and turns it so I'm looking at him "He won't get the chance to" He tells me as he wipes away my tears with a handkerchief that he pulled out of his pocket. When he's finished I pull him into a hug.

"Thank you... For helping me" I tell him, and he slowly hugs me back.

After we finished our stroll, we walked back inside as it was starting to get cold and I forgot my jacket inside.

"Tell me. What is Klaus's curse?" I ask him as I sit down on the sofa next to the fireplace, he then turns around and sits down next to me.

"My family was quite close, but Klaus and my father did not get on too well. When we became vampires, we discovered the truth. Klaus was not my father's son. My mother had been unfaithful many years before. This was her darkest secret. Klaus is from a different bloodline. Of course, when my father discovered this, he hunted down and he killed my mother's lover and his entire family. Not realizing, of course, that he was igniting a war between species that rages until this day" He explains to me, and I start to understand.

"The vampires...and the werewolves" I say to him, and he nods his head to say I'm right "So Klaus' real father was from a werewolf bloodline? What does that make Klaus? A werewolf? Or a vampire?" I ask him.

"He's both. A hybrid would be deadlier than any werewolf or vampire. Nature would not stand for such an imbalance of power. Therefore the witches, the servants of nature, saw to it that my brother's werewolf side would become dormant" He explains to me.

"That's the curse that Klaus wants to break?" I ask him.

"He wants to trigger that part of him that's a werewolf. If allowed, Klaus would sire his own bloodline. He'd build his own race. Endangering not just vampires, but everyone" He explains to me, so he'd be a bigger monster than he is now.

"But you helped him?" I ask him, why would he help Klaus become a monster who may even be able to kill him.

"I helped him because I loved him. That's changed, now he must die" he tells me with a serious face.

"We have the dagger now. We can stop him" I tell him, we will just preserve Klaus' body like we did with his.

"When a werewolf like yourself is wounded by silver, it heals. An Original can't be killed by anything but white oak ash on a silver dagger. So you see the conundrum. The dagger does not work" He tells me.

"What, are you saying that Klaus can't be killed?" I ask him, I thought he said that every creature has to have a weakness to maintain a balance.

"There's one way to kill any supernatural species...at the hands of the servants of nature themselves" He tells me, so he can be killed.

"A witch. If they can channel that much power. But it would kill them" I say to him, just like it nearly killed Bonnie.

"The curse must be broken during the full moon. When Klaus is in transition. That's when he'll be at his most vulnerable. A witch with enough power...can kill Klaus" he tells me.

"What if I told you that I knew a witch that could channel that much power?" I tell him as I refer to Bonnie.

"Then I would tell you there's one more thing that you should know" He says to me, and he tells me about how he made a cure so hat when the Doppelganger dies, they won't be really dead and they will come back to life.

"You found a way to save the life of the Doppelganger?" I ask him with a sigh of relief.

"Yes, Bella. I did. But unfortunately, I only made the cure for one Doppelganger, Katerina, as Klaus had found a loophole for the other" He tells me sadly.

"What do you mean? What did he want with her twin sister?" I ask him confused.

"He... He was going to turn her into a hybrid the same night of the sacrifice, she would still die in the sacrifice and she would still be dead when she is a vampire/ werewolf hybrid" He explains to me, Klaus is going to kill me.

"Well... Then he'll fail, I won't complete the transition" I tell him, but he just looks at me wih sad eyes.

"If that's what you want" He tells me, and I nod my head slowly.

"Yeah, it is. But, when we tell the others about this... You have to tell them that the cure will bring both of us back. I don't want them to know the truth otherwise Damon will do all he can to make sure I'm not in the Sacrifice" I tell him, and he nods his head understanding that I don't want them to know I will really die after the sacrifice.

"Alright, how about we go and tell them then" He tells me as he stands up and gives me my jacket.

(Skip to the Salvatore Boarding House)

Me and Elijah walk into the Boarding House and we hear people fighting in the library, so we go and have a look. We walk in and we see Damon and Stefan fighting with Elena trying to split them up.

"Stop!" I shout at them, and they all turn to face me and Elijah. Damon and Stefan stop fighting and release each other as they all look at Elijah.

"Now you've invited him in?" Damon asks me with a little anger in his tone.

"Elijah and I have renewed the terms of our deal" I explain to them.

"Really?" Elena asks us.

"The two of you will come to no harm at my hands. I only ask for one thing in return" Elijah tells Stefan and Damon.

"What?" Damon asks wary.

"An apology" Elijah says as he looks at all of them, including Elena.

"A what?" Damon asks, as Stefan and Elena walk closer to him.

"We're sorry for the part that we played in your death. I was protecting Elena and Bella. I will always protect them" Stefan tells Elijah as he looks down at Elena.

"Right, I would do anything to protect the people I love" Elena tells Elijah.

"I understand" Elijah tells them, and he looks over to Damon.

"The sacrifice is going to happen, Damon. Bonnie will be able to kill Klaus without hurting herself and Elijah knows how to save mine and Elena's life's. I told you I'd find another way. And I did" I try to convince him.

"Is that true?" Damon asks Elijah.

"It is" Elijah tells him, and Damon looks at me.

"And you're trusting him?" Damon raises his eyebrows at me.

"I am" I tell him honestly.

"You can all go to hell" Damon tells us before he leaves the room, why won't he trust me?

"He's angry with me right now. But he'll come around" Stefan tells Elijah.

"Perhaps" Elijah sighs at him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 4.9K 22
Annabelle (Bella) Gilbert is the twin sister of Elena Gilbert, after their parents accident they have been living with their aunt Jenna. Starting the...
18.8K 481 19
A girl who has a doppelgänger and a identical younger twin sister. A girl who is a doppelgänger but also a vampire. Well this girl is Olivia Gilbert...
86.8K 2.1K 33
In which the youngest Mikaelson is reborn as Theo Gilbert, the older brother of Elena and Jeremy Gilbert. How will the Mikaelsons handle that their y...
14.8K 629 11
in which zacharias "zachary" mikaelson is dragged back to mystic falls only to find that his long lost crush is alive and in love with the new petrov...