You saved me (revising)

By UnofficialPessimist

completed More

Summary
New Apartment
Seeing Her
Thats What I Thought
The Big Fight
The Boy Next Door
Is This a Date?
When Things Go Wrong
No Way!
What Happens When I Can't Wake Up?
Keep Holding on
You Saved Me
You Can't Leave
The Best Day of My Life
I'm So Sorry Katniss
Arriving
Come Home
Scavenger Hunt
Let's Party!
Finally Home
This is Goodbye
Hopeless Love
Where's Peeta?
Little Rue
Reunited and Lost
Pain
Katniss
Peeta, Katniss, and a Baby
Shock
Preparing
Welcome Home
Leaving
Reunions
The Everdeens
A Day With Mrs. Everdeen
Hunting
Returning Back Home
Prim Meets Rue and Other News?
wedding and a date
visiting
bad news
date gone wrong
missing you
the news
everlark wedding
REAADDD
departure

Home?!

2.4K 62 4
By UnofficialPessimist

(Katniss POV)

It's been a very eventful day Gale is at it again and I don't know what to do about him. Peeta usually helps me with this stuff but with him being gone I don't know what to do.

"Katniss, we have to do something about them," Johanna says as she paces around. She's trying to get me to help her plan revenge for Gale I have no energy whatsoever to help her get revenge.
Gale has caused a lot of trouble in the past days. Today, Gale has slashed the tires on my car and carved all over it saying that I suck, telling me to go to hell, and I cried at this one, it said that Peeta went to war to kill himself and blame it on Snow and that he never loved me, that it was just an act. I believed it for a minute until Johanna held me and told me none of it was the truth.

"Come on look what they did to your car and your house!" Gale also came into my apartment and painted over the walls saying the same things. He took the picture collage of Peeta and burned it in the fire place. Clove said she would make me a new one. that's a debt I will never be able to repay.

"Alright fine I'll get Clove to help me. Be like that and sit on your lazy ass and mope around about Peeta, Who is coming back," she storms out without a goodbye. I sigh and flip the television on.

Today in Afghanistan, soldiers were seen going out into the battlefield. Colonial Morgan told us that he is worried that Snow is getting better with self defense and sniper shooting. He told us that the troops he is sending out are very lethal. They are going to do their best to find out any information on Snow.

I start to hyperventilate, the world around me starts spinning and soon everything is black.

I wake up to a very annoying beeping sound. i flail my arms trying to silence the beeping.
"Katniss, calm down," I look over and see Annie sitting in a chair. I look at my surroundings to see I'm in a hospital.
"Why am I here?" I try to sit up but a giant migraine causes me to fall back down in the bed holding my head.
"I went over to your house to see if you were okay and I found you on the floor with your head bleeding so I brought you here."
"When can we go home?"
"Right now," a nurse comes in with a smile on her face.
"Oh, okay" Annie helps me up and we walk to the car slowly.
As soon as we enter the door to the apartment, we see Gale pacing around. He stops when he sees us and smirks evilly.

Then I hear Annie speak up. "Alright that's it KATNISS IS GOING THROUGH ENOUGH ALL READY AND YOU AREN'T HELPING HER AT ALL, SO WHY DONT YOU JUST GIVE IT A FUCKING BREAK. SHE'S IN PAIN ABOUT PEETA BEING GONE SO GIVE IT A FUCKING BREAK OR SO HELP ME I WILL NOT LET YOU SEE TOMORROW." Gale just scoffs.

"What could you possibly do to me?"

"I can't do anything, but Johanna can certainly do some damage and I know exactly where she is right now. I will call her and tell her to bring her axe if you don't get out if this damn apartment right now," Annie says, pointing to the door.

"Alright, alright, but I'll be back, so watch your backs," He says. When the door is closed tightly I break down into tears on the couch. Annie comes over to me and wraps her arms around me while cooing me.

"I'm so mental, I'm broken. I'm like a gernade that could explode any minute and I don't even know when it could explode." I sob as loud as possible.

"Shhh it's ok Katniss shhh stop saying that. It's not true you're just going through a difficult time right now. We all miss Peeta but we have to learn to accept the fact that he'll be gone for a bit, but he's coming right back I promise you he is."

I look up at her and wipe my eyes with the back of my hand. "You promise?"

"Cross my heart," she says and I smile. "Thank you Annie, for being there when I needed you."

"You're welcome sweetie, now how bout we watch a movie to get your mind off of things?" I nod.

"I'll pick," I say. I get up and go over to the movie shelf, I immediately pick out Peetas favorite movie. I smile at the thought of him and I curled up on the couch watching it.

"How bout this one?" I say showing Annie and she nods.

"I don't get why you want to watch that it's not even Christmas," she says chuckling.

"It's Peetas favorite." She rolls her eyes at me.

"National Lampoons Christmas vacation is Peetas favorite movie?"

"Yep he laughs at it every time we watch it." I smile at the thought of him laughing at the movie.

"Well, pop that sucker in," she says and I do so.

(Peeta POV)

I'm sitting behind a wall with my gun in hand and my helmet on and I'm admiring the picture of Katniss.

"You miss her a lot don't you?" Cato asks.

"Yeah it's hard being away from her," I reply.

"Hey, you'll get to see her next month don't worry to much," he says then he pats my shoulder.

"I just wish I could be with her curled up on the couch watching old movies with her."

"Don't we all wish we could" he chuckles. There is a moment of silence, until he speaks up again.

"Do you love her Peeta?" I smile when he asks this.

"I love her more than anything in the world. I love her more than life," I say.

"That's strong love," he says and I nod.

"I can't wait to see her again." He smiles then gets up and walks around a bit.

"Alright, come on guys we better head back!" Cato yells.

We start heading back watching for any signs of people and I just want to get back and write to Katniss since I can't skype.

It's mostly quiet the way there until I hear a click. I spin around and see Jordan has her foot on a land mine.

"Don't move your foot." I walk over to her slowly.

When I reach her I get down on my knees and start digging out the land mine.

I cut it open and start to remove wires. With each passing second I grow nervous.

I get down to the last wire and think why a blue and yellow wire?

Okay, so I have to pick a wire. We could all die if I make the wrong move so I have to choose carfully. I cut the yellow wire and it starts ticking.

"RUN" I yell and all of us take off running. I look back to see Jordan just standing there with wide eyes, she looks down at the land mine and it blows up and takes her sky high.

"NO," I yell and there is nothing left of her. She's gone, she's dead her husband is now widowed.

"LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID, MELLARK YOU KILLED ONE OF OUR PEOPLE," Cato yells at me.

"I TOLD EVERYONE TO RUN SHE JUST STOOD THERE," I yell back.

"SHE HAD HER CHANCE TO RUN BUT SHE DIDN'T AND THAT'S HER FAULT," I yell again

Snow's people start opening fire at us and we start to run back to base. I get hit in the shoulder but don't focus on that right now I just keep on running with pain shooting through my shoulder.

We get to the base and they open up the gates. Right when I get in I fall to my knees and let out a scream. Paramedics and doctors come running over to me. I see a doctor with a syringe and she puts it in my arm causing everything to go black.

BEEP...BEEP...BEEP I hear the monitor that is monitoring my heart beat go at a steady speed telling me my heart rate is fine. I open my eyes and no one is in here so I press the button to call a nurse or someone in and a doctor comes running in.

"Hey, Peeta, how are you feeling?" he asks while looking at my charts

"Well, my shoulder hurts but over all I'm fine."

"Well there is good news and good news only." I nod and let him continue.

"We will be sending you home for a bit so that you can recover. You'll then be sent straight back here. Your shoulder will be fine. You just can't lift it up or pretty much use your arm for a little while, but overall you are as healthy as can be. We will be sending you home right after you get out of here so as soon as your colonial signs the release papers you're on a plane back home."

"Thanks." He walks out of my room. Oh my god I get to see Katniss she'll be so happy I can't wait to hold her in my arms I can't wait to kiss her lips, it will be wonderful.

(Katniss POV)

I wake up to the shrill of my phone. why can't I just be left alone for a day?

I pick it up without bothering to look at the caller ID. "Hello, Ms. Everdeen, I work for the Marines and I'm happy to tell you that sergeant Peeta Mellark will be returning home for a little while to recover from his wound." He was wounded?

"Wound what wound?" I bet I sound like a worried mother.

"He just got shot in the shoulder. Don't worry Ms. Everdeen, Peeta is doing just fine and is on his way home right now. He will be staying home for 2 or 3 weeks, he's not allowed to move his shoulder or raise it up so I would suggest you help him out a little when he needs it. He will be home at about 3:00 AM your time, thanks you for your time bye." Then he hangs up.

I'm dumbfounded by what he just said Peeta's coming home. He's coming home. I don't care if it's for a short bit, I GET TO SEE PEETA. I get to be in his arms and feel his lips on mine again.

"ANNIE," I yell. She hurries into the room. Her hair is all tangled but her eyes are wide open.

"WHAT!!" I have a giant smile on my face.

"PEETA'S COMING HOME HE'S COMING HOME ANNIE!!" Her mouth drops open then she furrows her eyebrows.

"Why?"

"Well it turns out that Peeta was shot in the Shoulder but he's ok now. I can't wait to see him. He'll only be home for about 2 or 3 weeks BUT STILL." she smiles at my happiness.

"Congrats Kat but you'd better get going it's 2:30." She points to the clock.

"Shit." I'm up and dressed in 5 minutes. Now to the airport.

😄😃😀😊☺️😉😛😝😒😙😗😚

Yay Peetas coming home for a bit.

-Syd

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.2K 3K 40
Peeta Mellark lived in the city, his parents have retired and left the ENTIRE bakery to his older brother Rye so now, him, his parents, his friend Ca...
110 0 15
The interactions of Peeta Mellark and Katniss Everdeen, from the point of view of those around them. Pre-HG to Post-MJ
38.7K 957 41
What if Peeta was never hijacked
37.2K 348 14
One shots of your favorite characters from the Hunger Games. Requests accepted!