Dawn of a New World - Akatsuk...

Od tessachii

Amaya is Yona's twin sister. They are alike in some ways, yet very different in others. We all know how Yona... Viac

0.1
0.2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Update!

Chapter 25

2.1K 79 0
Od tessachii

"Princess... You look really displeased." Yoon muttered as he stared at Yona's expression. It was very obvious that she wasn't happy with how that turned out. Personally, I feel a deep amount of sympathy for the Blue Dragon. "There was nothing in that room. Is he getting enough to eat?" Yona wondered, "I feel like I've left someone very important in a dark cage. It's strange. That was our first meeting, and yet..." Yoon and I glanced at each other before looking back at Yona who held a faraway look in her eyes.

"Get back!" The sound of Ki-Ja's voice brought my attention back to what was in front of me. Ki-Ja was blocking the entrance into the tunnels, at least a dozen of the villagers attempting to get past him, every one of them wearing a mask. "Ki-Ja..." Yona mumbled before noticing the villagers staring at her. "They're back." One of them muttered, "They came back." "Finish them." My eyes narrowed at the words that were leaving their mouths. Ki-Ja and I both held our arms in front of Yona. "Princess, stay back." Ki-Ja gently commanded.

Yoon stared at the villagers, "I knew it." Ki-Ja let out a sigh, "They intend to eliminate us, to keep the Blue Dragon hidden." Yona looked at Ki-Ja incredulously "Eliminate us? Why?" Yona was extremely confused.

"Now that you know about him. We can't let you leave here alive!" One of the men exclaimed as they all began to raise the daggers in their hands. Yona stepped forward slightly "Why? Why do you hide the Blue Dragon?" she asked with confusion lacing her tone. Ki-Ja glanced down towards her, "Perhaps this place really is the opposite of my village." he then directed his gaze to the distressed villagers "They called the noble dragon's power a curse..." I lunged forward in anger, Ki-Ja throwing his arms out to hold me back "How dare you say something like that!"

One of the villagers threw themselves towards us, his dagger pointing outward "Quiet!" Yoon ducked, covering his head with his arms "Don't fight in this narrow space!" he pleaded. The man who had leaped forward with his dagger, was quickly countered by Ki-Ja, him diverting the dagger away before raising his arm and slashing at the mask on the man's face. The mask flew through the air before landing on the ground, breaking apart into small pieces. Yona widened her eyes "Ki-Ja!"

"Don't worry. I'm not using my power against these amateurs!" Ki-Ja attempted to lessen Yona's worry. Yoon and I deadpanned "You only punched him with tens of times the strength of most men." Yoon retorted sarcastically. Yona diverted her attention back to the villagers, "Please tell me. Why does the Blue Dragon have to be shunned? What is this curse?" I crossed my arms, leaning against the wall. "I'd sure like to know the answer to that."

"Quiet!" Another of the men exclaimed, in hopes of shutting us up. I threw myself off of the wall and basically launched myself towards the man. Holding up my hand with my claws elongated against his throat, I smirked deviously. "Honestly, I believe that you are the one that should be quiet." I moved my fingers slightly, nicking the skin and causing a line of blood to appear. The man flinched in fear, which was what I was aiming for, so I backed away. Yona glared at me for being so violent with him.

Suddenly, the area around us began to tremble, "An earthquake?" Yoon exclaimed in confusion. Everything was shaking, the roof was beginning to crumble. "Run!"The villagers began running away in an attempt to avoid being injured. Yoon held himself against the wall, while Ki-Ja threw himself over Yona in a means to protect her "Princess!". I had to grab a hold of the wall so I wouldn't lose my balance. Glancing over at Yona, I saw her eyes clenched shut in fear. Finally, the rumbling lessened before coming to a halt altogether.

I let out a large sigh of relief before turning back to Yona. My eyes widened in fear as I noticed that she was unconscious. "Yona!" I ran over to her before shaking her shoulders rapidly "Yona! Wake up, damn it!" Ki-Ja bent down next to me and began calling out to her "Princess... Princess.. Princess!" Finally, Yona began to stir before opening her eyes slowly. "Ki-Ja? Amaya?" My eyes softened as I wrapped my arms around her. "Oh, thank god!"

Ki-Ja gazed at Yona worryingly "Are you all right?" Yona gently pushed my arms away before sitting up, holding a hand to her forehead. "Huh? What happened?" she asked curiously. "The earthquake subsided, but..." Ki-Ja was cut off by the villagers yells. "It's no use!" We all turned around to see what was happening. "The exit is blocked!" The way that we had come in through was now blocked by a huge rubble of boulders. "No... You can't be serious!" one of the men whimpered in fear of never getting out. "Are we going to die?" Another exclaimed before a flurry of shouts filled my hearing.

"We're trapped..." My eyes widened at the sound of Yoon's voice, glancing over at him, I noticed how tense he was. He was huddled against the wall, fists clenched and his entire body trembling. "We won't be able to breathe for long in this small space." I placed my hand on his shoulder in an attempt of comfort. "I don't want to die! Help me!" One of the villagers were slamming their fists against the wall of rubble in a desperate attempt to get free. I noticed Yona's eyes began to fill with tears and brought her into my embrace.

"Why did you have to say that to me?" Ki-Ja suddenly exclaimed, causing Yona and I to stare at him in confusion "Ki-Ja?" Yona mumbled. Ki-Ja flinched, as if he just realized that he had said that out loud. "Oh, forgive me. For some reason, that rude man suddenly just spoke into my head. It made me very angry." Ki-Ja clenched his fists in frustration. Obviously, this 'rude man' that he was speaking of, was Hak.

Ki-Ja calmed down, returning to his serious expression. "It is my job to protect you, Princess." he muttered sadly. Yona smiled, happy to hear something like that at a time like this. "I'm feeling better." Ki-Ja's mood instantly brightened "So am I!" Yona turned to Yoon, before placing her hand on his shoulder, bringing him out of his fearful trance. "It's okay, Yoon." Yoon looked at her in confusion, "Help will come for us." she assured him, causing a smile to spread across his face as he nodded.

"We don't need to wait for help." my brows furrowed at Ki-Ja's confident tone, glancing at him as he stood up. The bandage that had been wrapped around his right arm, began to fall to the ground as it unraveled. "As long as you have me, you have nothing to fear." I narrowed my eyes menacingly "I am highly offended by that declaration." Yoon stared at Ki-Ja suspiciously "K-Ki-Ja, what are you going to do with those claws?" I flicked my wrist, causing my claws to come out once more causing Yoon to flinch "Ah! Not you too, Amaya!?" Ki-Ja and I glanced at one another before shouting in unison "Dig!"

Ki-Ja walked over to the pile of rubble that was blocking the entrance, elongating his arm so it would be more effective. I closed my eyes in concentration, feeling my claws lengthen and my strength build up with my fists. Feeling as though I had enough power, I opened my eyes, my slit pupils resembling a cat's eye. Th villagers all stared at us in horror "Monsters!" I clicked my tongue in annoyance. "Don't be so noisy." Ki-Ja demanded. "The guardians of the Blue Dragon are pathetic. I told you that I am the White Dragon." he muttered menacingly, which was quite different from his usual tone of voice. I raised my hand above my head slightly, clearing my throat to gain some attention. "Don't forget about me. I'm the Purple Dragon." I smirked at the terrified villagers.

"Th-The White Dragon and the Purple Dragon?!" one of them exclaimed in fright. One of them reeled back as if in disgust as they stared at our hands. "There really are other dragons that posses cursed powers!" I growled angrily at the man who had just spoken. "How dare you? I possess this power so that I am able to protect my sister. How on earth could you call that a curse?!" The man flinched in fear, backing away from me slowly.

Suddenly, the man that Ki-Ja had taken the mask off of earlier, screamed. "I've had enough! It's him... It's his fault. We're stuck in this hold because of him." If he is talking about the Blue Dragon, I swear to the almighty lord above I will slit his throat. The man then spun around and slammed his fists against the rocks "Let me out! Let me out!" Yona chose that moment to speak up, "Why? Why is the Blue Dragon's power a curse?" How could someone so sweet, so gentle, be so hated by these people? I just don't understand.

"You don't know how evil he can be." I narrowed my eyes even further "He isn't evil-" "Outsiders wouldn't understand!" The man that had screamed exclaimed as he interrupted me. "For generations, monsters with the dragon's eyes have been born in our village. We live in fear of the Blue Dragon's power. Even if the Blue Dragon dies, someone else's child becomes the new Blue Dragon. You don't know how it feels to live in fear that your own child might be next!" Sighing deeply, I diverted my gaze to the ground. "Those of us who bear that curse must never leave this village. A mask is placed on the Blue Dragon as soon as they're born, and we rarely let them outside. Those are our rules. But the Blue Dragon used his cursed power to kill many soldiers when he was only a child. We feared more soldiers would come, so we moved here."

The man then began to walk towards us, "I can't take it anymore! What is this? If not a curse?!" He demanded for Ki-Ja to answer. Ki-Ja and I both let out a gasp and quickly turned around to face the tunnel that the Blue Dragon was in. "He's here!" Ki-Ja quietly exclaimed. The gentle sound of bells clanging against each other reached my ears and I automatically felt calmer. It was rather strange the effect that this man had on me, considering I had only met him a couple of hours ago. The Blue Dragon slowly walked out from the shadows, allowing himself to be seen by everyone.

He kept his stride slow, and yet the villagers still cowered in fear. "B-Blue Dragon..." All of the villagers took many steps back, trying to distance themselves from the Blue Dragon. The man that had gotten rather close to us, was more frightened than any of them, him being the closest out of them all. "I didn't tell the outsiders anything..." The man appeared to be so shaken that he couldn't seem to stand up straight "Stay back!" He suddenly lashed out, smacking the Blue Dragon in the face and causing his mask to fall to the ground. All of the villagers gasped, frightened for what may happen now that the mask wasn't covering the Blue Dragon's eyes.

I stared in awe at his breathtakingly beautiful, golden eyes that amost seemed to be mirror images of my own.

1942 words

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

110K 3.1K 24
Alya was born with the powers of the purple dragon, as a child she was abused by the people of her village until the dragon before her rescued her. O...
81.5K 3.1K 74
─── 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐫, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐞�...
37.9K 1.7K 27
❝𝘐𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘧 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘨𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘴; 𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘨𝘢𝘻𝘦𝘴, 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵 �...
205K 10.2K 200
Shin-ah x OC "I told you once, a long time ago, that you would have to choose which lives to save." Steel eyes flashed in the moonlight. "You choose...