Chapter 10

"Do you see anything?" Yona asked Hak, who was surveying the area.

"No. How does the old man expect us to find someone, when we don't know where he is?" Hak said irritably. "That's just Mun-deok for you I guess." I sighed quietly to myself. I tend to do that a lot, don't I?

You see, before we left Mun-deok quickly intervened our leaving by informing us about a priest who lived in the mountains not too far away. Apparently he can see into the future, which I personally don't really believe to be true. Mun-deok believes that the priest will be able to help and show us the way. In other words, he'll help us figure out what to do first exactly.

After a moment of silence, Hak finally decided to tell us about this so called priest. "Long ago, the priest lived in a temple at the royal palace, and was deeply involved in the kingdom's rule. After Yu-hong began oppressing the priest, he left the castle. Now he lives quietly, somewhere far from people." I wonder why he chose to live by himself. That must be extremely lonely. "Far from people..." Yona mumbled, before glancing away towards the mountains edge. "This certainly doesn't seem like somewhere a person could live." I have to agree with that, it definitely doesn't have curb appeal, I'll tell you that much.

"If you tried living here, you might fall off a cliff." Hak teased, yet he was also serious. Considering the amount of space there was to walk along the side of the mountain, if we tried living here it would definitely end in disaster. "But I'm sure one could do it if you really tried." I looked over at Yona to see her looking out towards the scenery. She was lost in her thoughts, as usual.

"By the way Princess Yona, Princess Amaya." Hak said catching our attention. "If we must search every corner of this area, we'll have to sleep outside. What should we do?" My eyes widened at his words. "Eh?! Do you have any idea how many bugs I've found in my hair Hak?!" I exclaimed angrily.

I may, or may not, have a slight fear of bugs. Only slight.

"Sleep outside? I've gotten somewhat used to it." Yona says nonchalantly. I swiftly turn my head towards her with tears in my eyes. "Yona! You've betrayed me!" Hak shifted the gear in his hands. "Unlike the mountains behind the castle, it gets cold here."

"Then I'll snuggle against you while I sleep." Hak flinched and he somehow threw his Hsu Quandao in the process as he was swinging it around. I giggled into the palm of my hand. Hak went to pick it back up "Jeez." However, just as he bent down he stopped and rested his hand against the rocks. I tilted my head at his actions, before hearing the slight sound of men approaching.

Hak then stood up slowly, "I don't mind, but I'll play pranks on you." He said as he lent close to Yona's face. "Pranks?" Yona questioned. Hak smirked at her obliviousness, "Pranks are..." he then reached out and grabbed her face in his hands and held her closer to his face, "...things like this." He then pressed himself against her, trapping her against the mountain side. I quickly followed them and did the same next to them. "Hak, what are you-" "Quiet." Hak quickly silences Yona. "Footsteps." Hak glances over at me and I nod in recognition causing his eyes to widen slightly in surprise. "Forty... No, fifty." he says quietly.

Yona gasps, "Pursuers?" she asks. Hak then leans up and grabs the both of us by our arms, bringing us along with him. "I thought they weren't chasing us anymore. That's quite a lot of people too." He says with slight shock in his voice. "Are they the king's men? Or-" Hak grabs Yona's hood and yanks it over her head. "Princess Yona, if we're going to be snuggling in our sleep, I won't feel like pranking you if you aren't a bit more comfortable to hold." Hak once again teased.

"What are you talking about?" Yona yells as she chases after Hak who was basically skipping away from her. I jogged behind them to keep up. Hak then halted in his steps causing the both of us to bump into him. "Now, then..." Hak says causing us to look up, however we then also notice all of the men above us. "I'm all warmed up." Hak says confidently, "Time to get to work." The men above tightened their grip on their bows that were aimed straight towards us. "Stay close, Princess's."