Chapter 14

Yona was twirling around in her new clothes that Yoon had given her, they were very beautiful and suited her perfectly. "Yoon, did you make these clothes?" she asked excitedly. Yoon turned his head to look away from her, "Not really. I just had some leftover cloth." He then gestured beside him where a pile of clothes were sitting. "These are for you Amaya." I scooped up the clothes and quickly tried them on. They were an exact replica of Yona's outfit, only the main colour was purple and not red. I twirled around happily, "I love it Yoon! Thank you." he huffed and glanced away with the tiniest of blushes. "It isn't silk, so it probably doesn't suit you, but it's better than those rags you had on." Yona was playing around in her new robes, "I love these interesting clothes!" Yoon raised in eyebrow questionably "Interesting clothes?"

"Hey, lend me something sharp." Yona suddenly asked. I tilted my head in confusion as to why she would need something sharp. Yona soon gasped happily after looking around the room and picked up an axe. "I'm going to cut my hair." she said determinedly. "With that?!" Yoon and I shouted in a panic. Yoon quickly grabbed the axe out of Yona's hands and gestured for her to sit down, telling her that he'd cut it for her. "Jeez, what a pain. This is why I hate princesses." Yoon huffed.

"You can do anything, can't you, Yoon?" Yona complimented. A scowl came across Yoon's face, "Because I have that troublesome priest to take care of. I learned medicine because he constantly injures himself, and I've mastered cooking. My only flaw is that I'm far too handsome." he said proudly. "I didn't ask about that." Yona teased slightly before looking up with a smile. "You're kind, though." "Huh?" "You're kind to Ik-Soo, too... But you're cutting my hair, even though you said you hated royalty." she explained gently. "Just so you know, this isn't free." Yoon stated bluntly. A piece of Yona's hair flung up into an absurd curl at his words. "You owe me for the medicine, clothes, and the haircut." I covered my mouth with the palm of my hand and tried my hardest not to laugh out loud. "Um..." Yona thought to herself for a moment before gaining an idea. "Bill it to Mun-deok!" I snorted at her conclusion. "Mun-deok?! He's the Wind Tribe's hero!"

Yona looked up at him in confusion, "Mun-deok's a hero?" I tilted my head, wanting to know the story behind his words. "Idiot! Mun-deok was a powerful commander, just as strong as Yu-hong." Yona and I looked at each other in shock. "He was? The Mun-deok I know is an old man who loves his children." I nodded along with Yona's words. "Jeez..." Yoon muttered to himself before going over to the crate full of water so he could clean off the blade. "I'm finished." Yona stood up and brought her hands up to feel her now chin-length hair. "Thank you." I smiled at her, "You look beautiful Yona-chan." she blushed and laughed a little "Eheh, Thank you Ama-chan."

Yona turned to face Yoon with a kind smile. "You know everything, Yoon." she once again complimented. "I can't help it, I'm a genius." I wrapped my arm around his shoulders and poked his cheek "Oh your so cute, Yoon. Acting all proud and confident when your only a wittle baby~" I teased causing him to glare at me in irritation. He swiped at my arm and I quickly let go of him with my arms held up in surrender. "I can memorize books after reading them once." Yona and I looked at him in amazement. "That's amazing." Yona awed. "But I've only read a few books. There are tons of books I'm not familiar with in the world. It makes me angry." Yoon pouted in annoyance. Yona continued to smile at him, "Would you like to read them?" she asks him. "Of course."

For some reason, when I looked back at Yona she was staring at the ground with a frown. "Listen, Yoon..." she began, "It's not a problem, though." Yoon cut her off. "I can collect books, bit by bit. And I'll be satisfied with this filthy book for a while." he pulled a worn out book from a cupboard and showed it to us. "What is that book?" Yona questions. "That idiot Ik-Soo dug it out of the garbage for me, then tore it when he tripped over nothing." he explained. I smirked, that's definitely Ik-Soo. Yona laughed nervously, "He's incredibly clumsy." Yoon seemed to gain some spirit when she said that. "He's stupid, isn't he? All his 'God' business might seem phony, but I know better than anyone that he can't... lie." Yoon stopped talking as he noticed that Yona and I had knelt down in front of him. "I-In any case, if you're leaving on a journey, get out of here. I don't have time to look after you three." he huffed and walked away from us.