Finding Mr. Not So Right

Von nyce_gurl

Dara is a simple, smart and hardworking girl who only wish to live a normal life and find her Mr. Right with... Mehr

Chapter 1: Who is he??
Chapter 2: Not again!
Chapter 3: Faith or fate?
Chapter 4: Unexpected
Chapter 5: Mission impossible
Chapter 6: Dragon's Lair
Chapter 7: Small world
Chapter 8: Uninvited
Chapter 9: The Fifth Member
Chapter 10: Stalk-her
Chapter 11: Rain
Chapter 12: The Dream
Chapter 13: Thank you
Chapter 14: Nothing to Something
Chapter 15: The Meeting (Part 1)
Chapter 16: The Meeting (Part 2)
Chapter 17: Truce
Chapter 18: Stranger
Chapter 19: Changes
Chapter 20: Trapped
Chapter 21: Missing Link
Chapter 22: Broken Barrier
Chapter 23: Acquaintance
Chapter 24: The Plan
Chapter 25: Jealous Dragon
Chapter 26: Point of Realization
Chapter 27: The Revelations
Chapter 28: Preparation
Chapter 29: The Ball (Part 1)
Chapter 30: The Ball (Part 2)
Chapter 31: Lost and Found
Chapter 32: Dejavu
Chapter 33: Oh my God!
Chapter 34: Like vs. Love?
Chapter 35: Reunion
Chapter 36: Confession
Chapter 37: The nightmare
Chapter 38: Endless night
Chapter 39: Visitor
Chapter 40: Trip to Busan
Chapter 41: Welcome back(s)
Chapter 42: The Rival
Chapter 43: We met again
Chapter 44: Masks Off
Chapter 45: When it rains, it really pours...
Chapter 46: Unknown Feelings
Chapter 47: Lies
Chapter 48: Two face
Chapter 50: Captured
Chapter 51: Behind the real you
Chapter 52: Dragon Unleashed
Chapter 53: One Last Time
Chapter 54: Reunited
Chapter 55: History repeats itself
Chapter 56: Rescue Mission
Chapter 57: Mutual feeling
Chapter 58: No one else comes close
Chapter 59: Old friend
Chapter 60: First and Last
Chapter 61: The Experiment
Chapter 62: The Revenge
Chapter 63: Darkest Hour
Chapter 64: The New Beginning
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 49: Puzzle pieces

1.6K 41 2
Von nyce_gurl

"Dara come in." I saw Ms. Han waving her hands at me. "Take a sit."

I sat in front of the smiling Donghae and asked him what's up without saying a word. I heard Ms. Han cleared her throat before saying a word. Ok Dara, here goes.

"Dara, i called to inform you that at the end of the month, you will take the position as the Departments Head." She said and smiled at me which doesn't reach her eyes. Did i just hear her right?

"What did you just say?" I asked. I think i'm getting deaf by the minute.

"I think you heard me Dara. Aren't you happy? You just got promoted." She said and extended her hand for a shake. I furrowed my brows but still took her hand.

"But Ms. Han, that is your position. How about you?" I asked still can't believe this is happening.

"Oh, i'l still have the same title but not here. I will be transferring to one of our offices in London." She confirmed and averted her gaze to Donghae. "As for Donghae, he will take your current position as the Chief Editor. I think he deserves the title, he earned it don't you think?" She asked as she drifted her eyes back to me.

"Yeah, he's good. I mean great." I'm not sure what i'm talking about. My head is still in daze because of the current information i just learned.

"I will be announcing this new set up at the end of the month. For now, you two should work on the current issue before we hit the deadline." She said. "Dara, i hope i can count on you this time? The Board must have seen your great efforts that's why they chose you. Don't disappoint them." She added and for the first time, i saw sincerity in her eyes. Not the sarcasm she always gives me every time she talks to me.

"I'l try my best Ms. Han." I bowed at her and she returned it with a nod.

"Ok, i don't have anything else to say so you two can go back to work now." She dismissed us and both of us headed out the door.

"Congratulations Dara! You made it!" Donghae greeted as soon as we were out of the office.

"You too, Congratulations." I smiled at him as he abruptly hugged me.

"This calls for a celebration. Lets go out later." He said as we started to head back to our office.

"Oh, sure. I'l ask Bom if she could come." I mentioned and his face suddenly frown again. What is it with him and Bom? "Hey, did something happen with you and Bom while i'm gone?" I asked. I can't contain my curiosity anymore.

"What? No. Nothing happened." He shook his head and immediately faced me. "Why? Did she say anything?" He asked, i was taken aback when his eyes suddenly became dark.

"No, she didn't. I just noticed that you become agitated whenever i mentioned her name." His body stiffen but regained his composure as he smiled right after.

"Oh, that's nothing. You know we're not really close. Maybe i still feel awkward towards her. Hehe." He said and scratched his head.

"Really? But we did hang out before with her not just once. You should feel comfortable by now." I said as i tapped her shoulder. "Don't worry, Bom won't eat you." I joked to lighten up the mood. He just laughed at it and both of us went to our office to start the day.

---------
Donghae finally vacate my room and went back to his own table. When the coast was already clear, I decided to send Bom a message.

Dara: Hey! Are you free later after work?

Bom: Why? What's up?

Dara: I won't tell unless you said your free. 😝

Bom: Aisht! Fine I am, now what's up?

Dara: I just got promoted.

Bom: OMG!! That's amazing!! Congratulations sis!!!😃😘 We should celebrate!!

Dara: Calm down Bom. I still feel weird about this promotion thing.

Bom: Why? Btw, to what position have you been promoted?

Dara: Department Head. And Donghae will take my current position as Chief Editor.

Bom: Oh. I see what you mean. Wait, what will happen to the witch?

Dara: She said she'll take the same position but she will transfer to London. I still don't get why me? Isn't it odd considering i've been gone for weeks?

Bom: Well, they can't blame you with that. Its beyond your control. You deserve the title and the Board noticed that ok? Don't be too hard on yourself. Anyway, can i take Seunghyun later please? 😅

Dara: Fine you can. Donghae will be there too.

Bom: What?!? Why? 😤

Dara: He's the one who invited me to hang out and celebrate. So be nice to him.

Bom: What? You should tell that to him. I've been nothing but nice to him.

Dara: Aisht! Just relax Bom. See you later?

Bom: Fine. See yah!

I put my phone down on my table and went back to work. These two will never get along. Argghh.

-------
SEUNGHYUN'S POV

Finally, a free time. This week has been hectic for the gang. Jiyong was gone for days and put us in charge to all the transactions needed to be settled. Not that i'm complaining, its just that it took almost all of my time. Even the time i should spend with Bom was used up just to finish the job that needs to be done.

I am driving towards our main base when my phone suddenly rang. I saw Bom's picture on my screen and immediately answered. I can't keep her waiting, its a mortal sin.

"Hello?"

"Seunghyunie!! Are you busy?" I heard her asked with a cheery voice. Its one thing i like about her and also one of the things thats making me feel normal apart from having a life i'm currently in.

"I'm driving but you're on speaker. What is it?"

"Oh, are you free later?"

"Yes Bommie, why ask?"

"Guess what?" I heard her excited voice.

"What?"

"Aisht! You didn't guess!" She snapped.

I chuckled at her reaction. So cute. "I'm  not good in guessing."

"Fine, Dara's back!" She said and i almost stepped on the breaks when i heard what she said. "Hello? Are you ok?"

"Yes, i am." I pulled over to the nearest parking lot to continue talking to her. That was unexpected. "Since when did she come back?" I asked with eyes wide open.

"Just last night and now she's here in our office to work." She said. "And you know what? She got promoted. That's why we're going out later to celebrate with her. Isn't that nice?" She added.

"Yeah. Its nice." I answered. I'm a bit speechless with her news. No one informed me that she's back. I thought she's still with Jiyong.

"So see you later ok?"

"See you."

Then she hung up. I tried calling Jiyong after but he's not picking up. What's wrong this time?

I arrived at our base and headed towards the penthouse where i expect to see him. I reached the top floor and searched each room but didn't find him. Where could he be?

I was about to leave when i heard a clinking sound on the far end corner of the living room.

"Dude, what are you doing there?" I spoke when i saw him sitting on one of the bar stools. He averted his gaze at me but didn't say a thing. "Are you alright?" I asked and walked towards him.

He offered me some of the drinks he has been drinking but i declined. "What's wrong? Why didn't you inform us that you're back?"

"I'm sorry." He said as he lowered his head. He looks so down like he lost something big.

"What happened?"

"Nothing. I just want to be alone." He said and took a shot from the glass he's holding.

"Why aren't you with Dara?" I asked again but he didn't answer. He's just staring at the glass of whiskey on his hand. "I'm going out, do you wanna come with me?" He only shook his head to answer. I sighed and decided to leave him alone. I stood up and head towards the door when i heard him say something.

"She knows."

"What?" I twisted my body to face him again. He's now holding his head while rubbing his temple.

"She doesn't want to see me again." He said.

I instantly walked to his side and pat his back to calm him. "What happened Jiyong?" I asked and this time, he opened up. He told me what happened when they were in Busan.

"What will i do hyung? She doesn't want to talk to me."

"Jiyong calm down. Maybe you need to give her space to think. You can't blame her if she reacts that way, its a big pill to swallow." I told him.

"But what if..."

"Jiyong, give her time." I cut him off. "You know from the start that it will be difficult for you and her to be together. Its complicated."

He scoffed and looked at me with his mocking eyes. "What about you and Bom? What will you do if she learned about who you are?"

"I...i.." I was speechless. I know we're both in the same situation that's why i know how he feels. Its the same reason why i broke up with Bom before but i just can't stay away.

"I'm sorry hyung. I didn't mean that." I heard him say. I just nodded at him and pat his shoulder. I've never seen him so vulnerable. He must have liked Dara so much. No, not just like, he already fell deep and knowing Jiyong, there's no turning back now.

"I'm going out to see Bom," i said and he nodded, understanding what i was telling him. "...and she's with Dara." I added. He abruptly averted his gaze back to me upon hearing her name.

"You guys enjoy. I'l just stay here."

I didn't push him to come anymore. It will not be a good idea if they both see each other like what happened last night. I sighed and gave him a hug. "Call me if something came up ok? Don't be a stranger."

He chuckled and i smiled at him as i finally left the room. To be honest, i don't know what will happen if that moment comes to me and Bom. I'm scared that she won't accept me for who i am. Now that Dara knows, sooner or later it will also reach Bom's knowledge and that is one thing i should be prepared of.

-------
DARA'S POV

"....and done!" I smiled to myself when i managed to finish reviewing half of the articles submitted to me this morning. I missed doing this that's why i'm so engrossed to finish everything.

I started fixing my things when i heard my phone beeped. It must be Bom. Picking my phone up, i saw a message coming from Donghae. Instead of replying, i immediately pressed the call button.

"Hello! Dara! Are you done?" He asked,  a sound of excitement can be heard.

"Yup, i'm just fixing my stuff and waiting for Bom. How about you?"

"Me too. I'll meet you down at the lobby. Is that ok?"

"Sure. No problem. Bom will be..." I wasn't done talking yet when he abruptly hung up. Hmm, that's weird. He usually say Goodbye every time we had phone conversations. He's always the last one to hung up. Anyway, maybe he's in a hurry. I just shrugged it off.

I went straight to Bom's office so we can go down together. I saw her already leaving when i got there. "There's my little rabbit!" She shouted while walking along the hallway.

"Will you tone it down a little? You're embarrassing me." I shushed her as i dragged her with me to the elevator.

"What? It is cute. Who else has that kind of nickname? N-O-N-E None!" She giggled as she spelled it out for me.

"Because no smart one will ever give that kind of nickname to her best friend!" I told her as we rode the elevator.

"So your saying i'm a dum dum?" She hysterically muttered and placed both of her hands on her waist, not minding the stare of the people inside the elevator with us.

"No, i'm just saying you lack a little wisdom in there." I said pointing at her head. She glared at me as i I stifled a laugh. She was about to smack me when both of us heard someone cleared her throat. We looked at the direction where it came from and our eyes widen when we saw Ms. Han giving us a deadly glare. Seriously, why is she always sprouting like a mushroom at times you least expect it. Now we look like students who got scolded by a teacher because of being noisy. Aisht.

We heard the 'ding' sound of the elevator and we immediately
scampered away towards the exit before Ms. Han can get to us.

"Did you see her face? Hahaha" i said holding my stomach from too much laughing.

"Yeah, i can see her veins all over her face and neck. Three of them almost popped out of it. Hahaha." Bom laughed as well.

"What's so funny?"

Both of us got startled when someone spoke behind us. "Oh my God Donghae! Its just you. You scared us!" I said holding my chest to control my breathing.

"Yah! We almost got a heart attack you pabo. Stop sneaking up on us like that!" Bom angrily said to him.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you. I just saw you guys here and i never thought you'll get scared. " he explained after apologizing. "What are you laughing about anyway?"

"Nothing. Let's go." Bom immediately dismissed him and dragged me towards the parking lot. "Dara, your riding with me ok?"

"Actually, no."

"What? So you'd rather ride with that Donghae than me?" She muttered looking hurt.

"No Bom, i'll ride with me." I said. She stared at me for a minute and her faced turned from confused to amazed when she realized what i was talking about.

"Omg! Finally Dara. You finally decided to put that beauty to good use."  She tapped my head like i was her pet and rubbed her chin after. "In that case, i'l ride with you instead."

I told her where i parked it and she dragged me again hurriedly until we reached the car.

"Bom! Can you stop dragging me around like i'm your pet? And why are you in a hurry? Its still early." I told her retrieving my arms from her.

"Because i want to see Seunghyun already." I stiffened as i saw her eyes twinkle. Seeing her like this pains me. If only she knew what job her boyfriend's into, it will totally break her. Now i understand why Seunghyun broke up with her before. Being friends with Jiyong, i know they both belong to the same group. Then realization suddenly hit me, if i heard Jiyong's last phone conversation right about killing someone, does that mean they are gangsters? What the f*@&$|<!!!

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

19.1K 309 8
A Sequel or should I say, Part II of my One-Shot entitled Invisible Man. So, here you go... Sandara Park, called as Dara by some of her close fr...
57.2K 1.4K 85
G-Dragon is a vicious; deadly, ruthless gang member, next in line for the leader position. Jiyong is a 23 year old man with a mental capacity of a fi...
78.6K 1.6K 31
Kwon Jiyong is a rich and very successful businessman. He only focus on working, buying up the broken business and selling them again. He's stuck in...
143K 3.1K 57
{ Romance beyond difference. } He's the good student, she's the worst student. He's quiet, she's loud and annoying. He's the personification of perfe...