Zelink: Redamancy

By CookieKatti

While legends come to us from distant past, others have yet to be written. What happens when Zelda, the hero... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Triforce stealer
Chapter 2 - young man
Chapter 3 - Apology
Chapter 4 - forest of four murders
Chapter 5 - The crumbling kingdom
Chapter 6 - World without you
Chapter 7 - Never go back
Chapter 8 - break a habit
Chapter 10 - scars
Chapter 11 - the blade of the evils bane
Chapter 12 - magic
Chapter 13 - The Princess and her hero
Chapter 14 - Bracelet
Chapter 15 - choice
Chapter 16 - her person
Chapter 17 - A paint brush
Chapter 18 - the brown notebook
Chapter 19 - United
Chapter 20 - a love returned in full
Chapter 21 - sorrowful day
Chapter 22 - Theories
Chapter 23 - Backstory
Chapter 24 - the picture of perfection
Chapter 25 - drab painting
Chapter 26 - The grand finale
Epilogue
Bonus = useless talk + randomness

Chapter 9 - Fiend

189 15 7
By CookieKatti

I woke up from a blue soft carpet under me. I-i'm not outside? I rised my head up a bit to see where I actually am. I looked around. I saw many pieces of glass lying in the floor. Ripped carpet under me. Filthy floors. Everything was in ruin. The painting I remember we moved from the wall was in the same position as it was when I left. T-the sanctuary?

I stood up. "Hello?" I asked nervously. "Is anyone here?"

I heard whispering behind one of the tall pillars that held the sanctuary's roof on place. I walked closer to it.

"Zelda?!" A character jumped towards me. I didn't see who it is since it all happened so quickly. But he managed to throw me down to the floor.

"Ack?!" I shouted.

It's the priest. "Oh.. Sweet Zelda.. I just knew.. You'd come back someday.." He smiled creepily.

"W-what has happened in here?" I asked.

"Oh." The priest laughed. "The residents of sade village attacked the sanctuary. They.. Have a long past with attacking things."

I don't get it. Why is he laughing? Has he completely lost his mind? What is going on?
I cleared my throat. "I see. I came back to here.. For a reason.. The first time I visited here, I got bitten by a dark palace soldier. The witch of Hyrule sent me back here to find a fungus called Stonewall Leptonia. You wouldn't happen to know where I might find particular mushroom?" I asked my hopes high.

"Aha! I do have it. In Arlen, we drink our mushrooms as tea! And, for your luck, I always carry some with me! Here you go!" The priest presented proudly.

He went to a small backroom of the sanctuary and handed me a cup where he dropped the fungus powder.

"Thank you." I whispered as I stared the clay mug in my hands. I slowly drank it. It tasted kinda like honey. It wasn't far as bad as I thought.

The priest still smiled in his own creepy way. "You're welcome."

After I had drank the tea I left the mug to the backroom and walked back to the altar where the priest stood.

"I guess I'll be going now. I promised to not stay for long."

"Uh?" The priest sounded surprised. "I don't think that's possible."

"Wha-?" I turned around to look at the wall I came in from. The portal is gone. "N-no! It can't be!" I gasped and ran to the wall to examine it. "I came from here! I know I did!"

The priest looked thoughtful. "You did indeed. What in the world has happened.. We heard nothing either.."

I fell onto my knees to the floor. "This can't be it.."

"Now, now Zelda. Calm down. I propose the idea that you'll go to the castle to see the Prince and ask him."

The Prince, Link. I had already forgot about him.

I stood up and looked at the priest emotionless. "Very well."

*

"You can lend my horse." The priest said and gave the belts of the horse to me.

I bowed and hopped on to the back of the horse. "Thank you."

"You're very welcome! I hope to see you soon again!" He laughed.

I nodded and left.

I reached the castle hours later. I stopped the horse at the gates of the castle and stepped down from it. I put on my hood so the shadows of it covered up my face. I went straight to the front doors. Two soldiers were standing in front of it, other holding his hand against me.

"Stop right there!"

"Where do you think you're going?"

The soldiers shouted at me. At first I didn't react. But I changed my mind.

"I am a messenger. I have an important message for the Prince. Please let me in." I said emotionless under my hood.

The two soldiers weren't sure what to say at first. But I guess they saw my Triforce earrings. I can't be sure though.

"Very well. But if anything happens. You know that you're dead."

I nodded.

The huge doors opened. I walked in. Everything is just as I remembered. The castle is so beautiful. In and out. I walked through the long hallway towards the steps to the throne room. My hood covered up my face. All of the soldiers and servants had locked their eyes on me as I walked. I do not care though. I need to get to Link. As soon as possible. I walked the few steps upwards and waited for the throne room doors to open. And as they did, I went in.

I saw Link sitting in his throne chair, Ganondorf standing next to him. Both looking at me uncertain what to say or to do. I walked close to them and then knelt down.

I heard Link sigh. "So, tell me, what is it, that you want from me, fiend?"

Fiend. I forgot how angry that word can make me. But it's Link. I have to keep myself calm. I have to response soon, or he'll throw me into jail again. I haven't quite figured out the way of my words yet, but i'll think while I speak.

"We all deserve a happy ending, don't we?" I answered calmfully.

"What?"

"You have been led to astray, Prince. I am not a messenger. I am not a fiend. I am here for a reason." I continued to look down to the ground.

The soldiers in the room raised their swords towards me. They are ready to attack any moment now.

"Then just what are you!? What is your reason to waste my time like this?!" Link shouted and clutched the armrest of the chair.

"I just want to save you from all this- you, who've worried endlessly about the fate of Arlen." I looked up and removed the hood around my head revealing my face.

Link gasped and stood up from his throne chair in a split second. "Ze-Zelda..?"

I stood up aswell. "I'm sorry I wasted your time, your royal highness." I smiled.

Link ran to me and grabbed my hands tears falling down his face. "Zelda... Oh Zelda.. I've missed you."

"I've missed you too." I smiled gently.

Ganondorf rushed to us too. "My sweet Zelda, is that really you?"

*

"So basically, the portal you came into here, is gone?" Ganondorf asked me while he riffled through books.

I nodded.

"That's rather strange." Link thought while sitting on the opposite side of me and Ganondorf.

"Hmh. I might dare to say that I've found the answer to this.." Ganondorf muttered.

Link slammed his hands against the table. "Then what are you waiting for?! Start reading!"

Ganondorf cleared his throat. "If a portal between worlds is used more than twice, it'll vanish and will most likely never come back. However, this situation can be fixed.. By wishing on the ultimate power and using it fully. This only causes the portal to come back to be used for one time. It can be extremely risky to use a portal that has already once vanished."

"No.. There must be some other way.. That's way too dangerous, and just what does using the ultimate power mean?" Link bawled.

"I might have an idea.. The Triforce." I mumbled terrifyed.

Link looked angry. "Ganondorf! Find information about the Triforce!"

"Immediately your highness!"

"Gah.. Zelda, if the Triforce is indeed needed to proceed.. I-I don't know what to do.." Link looked at me with a serious face.

"It's true." Ganondorf started. "If wanted to get a portal that holds such a mighty power, to work again.. The Triforce of the world is needed." He read with trembling voice.

Link sat back down in defeat as he heard those particular words. Anger took control of him. "Hopeless.. This will do us no good. Zelda, you're stuck in here.. Here.. In this hideous world of mine! Where everything is on the edge of ruin! With no Triforce! With no heroes! It's only me.. And what can I do to help? Nothing!" He shouted and threw the book Ganondorf was reading to the floor and then fell down to the floor himself.

"Your highness!" Ganondorf tried to calm Link down.

"Zelda.. What is it like to be a resident from a kingdom blessed by so many happy endings? ...Once upon a time, Arlen was such a place.. Once. But no longer. Arlen was just like Hyrule. So very beautiful. So very... Promising.." Link cried on the floor.

I'm scared to go near him. "Link.. Please..."

"We all deserve a happy ending, don't we?"

Also, a quick weirdish drawing of the beautiful Princess Hilda. I'm not very satisfied with her face features at all but I'm the worst at drawing eyes so I just made them quickly into the Wind Waker style. I enjoyed drawing her, though. Enjoy <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 304 17
(Editing/Rewriting) Set in the time of Twilight Princess. Not in the same Plot. Rated T (Teen) for Strong Language Link and Zelda, miles apart in sta...
296K 7.8K 178
Hyrule has only ever dreamt of an end to the resurrection of Demise. With the returning of an ancient power, that dream could finally be fulfilled. C...
7.1K 268 56
Spoiler alert for this entire book! If you have not completed the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, this story will reveal the entire storyline of...
26K 717 20
A depressed girl who only wanted to be accepted after losing the people who loved you most. Right when you were about to end it all, your knight in s...