Melting the ice (Jelsa)

By esote_rika

A story of Elsa, the heir of Arendelle, and her personal guardian, Jack Frost, and how he melted queen's froz... More

Melting the ice (Jelsa)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
NOTE:)) Please read
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Author's Note. Read. Please?
Epilouge
Playlist + New Book Announcement

Chapter Nine

9.7K 297 90
By esote_rika

(Starting from here, mah book is gonna contain spoilers. Lots of them. So I hope ya'll dont hate.)

Jack

I flew around Arendelle absorbing every little detail. There were banners and archs of flowers, pillars and sculptures. People were waiting outside the gates.

I see Princess Anna walking around, looking excited. She twirls in her emerald green ball gown her strawberry blonde hair swinging around. She was very pretty, but I admit, I think Elsa's prettier. I smile thinking about the kiss earlier. I didn't know what made me do it, I just did.

And she responded, which makes me even happier.

I was so lost in my train of thoughts that I almost didn't notice Anna singing loudly.

"Nothings in my way!!" she sang, before being hit by a horse and was sent flying into a boat.

Talk about ironic.

She starts to stand up but with every move she makes, it makes the boat bobble up and down, threatening to tip over spilling her into the water. Just as the boat was about to turn over, the horse presses its front leg into the boat.

Anna looks so surprised and, I'll admit, ridiculous that I laughed quietly to myself. The rider jumps from his horse, "Are you alright?" he asks.

Now it was my turn to be surprised. The Man in Moon warned us about him. He was dressed exactly like the man Manny showed in the snowflake. He resembles him too. North that he could help Elsa or be with Pitch. I scowled as he and Anna gets tossed and turned in the boat. He seems like an okay guy. If he was still a kid, I'd  say he's on North's Nice List, unlike me. So he's here to help right?

No. Not every good looking guy is nice, Jack, remember that.

Oh great now I sound all girly.

Jeez, Jack, focus.

Turning my attention towards him and Princess Anna's conversation, I manage to get some information about him. His name was Hans and, apparently he is a prince. Well that explains the get up.

As they talk more, I remember, Elsa's Coronation is starting! Anna must have realized that as well because she gets up and runs towards the palace, not knowing that I was trailing behind her.

We got there just in time, and yes, I went inside. Its not like anyone besides Elsa can see me. I position myself just behind the friar. Elsa's back was facing me so she couldn't see me yet.

When the time came for her to take the scepter and sphere (I still don't know what the hell that thing is called) she looks up and was surprised to see me. I smiled, reassuringly. She was about to take them when, "Princess. The gloves," the friar mutters.

Looking at me skeptically, she takes off her gloves slowly. You can do it. I mouthed.

And with a deep breath, she takes the items and held them in her shaking hands. "I present Queen Elsa of Arendelle." just as the friar finishes, frost starts spreading from Elsa's hands. She quickly puts the items back and retrieves her gloves.

Now, there was only the party to worry about.

----
Elsa

The Coronation went on without a hitch.

Now there's the party. I stand there patiently, and anxiously, as I wait for them to call my name. "Queen Elsa of Arendelle." that's my cue. I walked slowly towards the platform and faced the crowd. "Princess Anna of Arendelle." From the corner of my eye, I see Anna stumble towards the bottom of the platform but she was quickly pulled next to me.

We stand there, awkwardly, just staring at the crowd, the party unfolding in front of us. Then, I decided to break the tension,

"Hi," I said. Anna looks surprised, "H-hi, hi me?" she stutters, as if she couldn't believe that I was talking to her. I gave her a smile and that was when she realized that, yes, I was talking to her, "Oh! Oh, hi!" she smiles.

"You look beautiful." I complimented. And she did, in her green ball gown. "Oh! Thanks. You look beautifuller. I-I mean not fuller, you don't look fuller. M-more beautiful, you look more beautiful." she says in a rush. I giggle, "Thanks." I face the crowd, and sighed, "So. This is what a party looks like." I said, watching everyone dance.

"Its warmer than I thought." Anna replies. I sniff the air, "What is that amazing smell?" we both take a deep breath, taking in the scent of-

"Chocolate!" we said in unision, giggling.

We were interrupted when the Duke of Wesleton suddenly appeared in front of us, "Queen Elsa, as your closest partner in trade, I think I should have the honor of your first dance as Queen." he says, bowing down. His hair flips off of his head and Anna and I fought to suppress our giggles.

He must be the 'Bald Duke Guy' Jack was refering to earlier. "Thanks," I said as he straightens up, "But I don't dance." I tell him. The disappointment was evident and his face fell, "Oh."

"But my sister does." I added, gesturing to Anna. Anna giggles, rolling her eyes.

"Then its your lucky day!" the Duke says, grabbing her hand and leading her to the dance floor. Anna gives me a parting glance. She looks annoyed. "Sorry." I mouth, waving my hands and she grins.

I sigh contentedly. Our conversation might have been short, but I will definitely cherish it. It felt like everything was back to normal again. I watch Anna dance with the Duke for several moments, laughing lightly as the Duke stomps on her foot.

After a few minutes, Anna comes hobbling back to the stage, taking her place next to me.

"Well, he was sprightly." I laughed as Anna rubs her foot, "Yeah. Especially for a man in heels." she answers, grimacing.

"Are you okay?" I ask as I help her straighten up. Anna smiles, looking wistful and delighted, "Yes. I've never been better!" she squeals, "Oh this is so nice. I wish we could always be like this." she said.

I smile. Trust me, Anna, I do too. "Me too." I answer truthfully. Then I remember what I did to her when we were younger, I frown. Sure, maybe I can control my powers a bit now but its still unpredictable. "But it can't." I added. Anna's face fell, "B-but why not?" she queries, making a grab for my hands but I turned away. I can't risk hurting her. I love her too much, "Bacause it just can't!" I snap.

I didn't have to turn around to see Anna's disappointment; it was evident in her voice, "I'll see you later." she excuses herself.

I blink away my tears. I hated disappointing Anna. And it hurt me to see her in so much pain. And it was because of me. I wasn't even doing anything. I was just trying to protect her.

The words, "Your a monster." pop in my head. I shook my head trying to clear my thoughts,

when someone taps on my shoulder. I turn around and gasp when I see Jack standing there grinning sheepishly.

"Hey." he said. I grab his hand and pull him to some place more private; behind the stage, where we were concealed from the prying eyes of other people.

"Hi." I smiled. I was so glad to see him. "Why here?" he said looking confused, "No one can see me remember?" "Exactly why we should be hidden." I replied, "Imagine what people will think if they see their new queen talking to a someone seemingly invisible?" I ask. Jack laughs, "Oh."

"Hey, do you know someone named Hans?" Jack asks suddenly. I frown, trying to remember, "No not that I remember. Why?" I asked. "Well, the other Guardians said that we should be careful about him. He could be with   Pitch." Jack states.

I nod, "Okay. Speaking of Pitch, he was here earlier."

"What?!" Jack snaps, "Why didn't you tell me earlier?" his knuckles turn white as he was clutching his staff tightly. "I'm sorry! He disappeared just as fast as he came. I didn't think it was worth worrying about." I said defensively.

Jack takes a step closer, making my heart beat faster, "Elsa its Pitch we're talking about. He wants you. Of course its worth worrying about." he says, gently cupping my face in his hand. My gloved hand closes against his, "I know. I just... ugh." I trail off. I didn't know what else to say.

His blue eyes looks directly into mine. They seem to be boring holes into me. They held so much emotion, worry, hope, unease and something else I can't quite place.

The glint of mischief was still there, if you look close enough. I finally look away, unable to hold his mesmerizing gaze. I gave him a smile, "I should go." I say quietly. Jack looks confused, but he nods and steps back, looking away.

"Jack?" I ask. I couldn't bear leaving, walking away when he looks like... this. His head snaps up, "Yes?"

I walk over and hugged him. He smells of chocolate and snowy days. A weird combination, but it smells great. I pull away and kiss him gently on his lips, "Thank you." I said, before coming back out to face the crowd.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Thank you for all your support, for the lovely comments that made me smile, for all the votes showing that you care and for reading this story!

I'm so tired. I was literally half asleep while typing but I wanted to update for Christmas so here it is!.Now sure how it turned out, but I hope ya'll enjoyed!

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah (hope I spelled that right) or whatever floats your boat

:-)

I Luv Ya'll!

xx Erica<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 2.9K 36
Elsa the secret daughter of north learned of this and basically went on a search. After finding him, a mister Jack Frost pops in as a new guardian. B...
9.7K 240 46
Hello, you have read the other story of my life from others eyes, but this is my story. This is the story of my family, of my friends. This is the st...
110K 2.3K 14
❝A winter spirit and a princess form a bond that lasts until the end of time.❞ Elsa has shut everyone out and has closed her heart from the people s...
50.1K 1.5K 50
In a far away kingdom called Arendelle was born a girl that was called princess Elisabeth Rose Winters or Elsa, Elsa was born with ice magic so great...