I now pronounce you husband a...

By elenaspencer

what would you have done if you had a fight with the CEO of the company you work in and threw a bottle of 7... More

hate at first sight
Meet the CEO
So small a world.
so small a new world part 2
The verdict
The decision
The unexpected
Stupid Me.
Found it!
Proposal
The Talk
No choice
The deal
the aftermath
meet the parents
engagement ring
The Angel in law
unexpected savior
unexpected savior part 2
leave me alone
Waking Up
Two sides of a coin
Home sweet home
midnight dinner
collecting my thoughts
the unheard
preview of Mr Carter not Brad.
Mr Carter not Brad
heart to heart
the stars
the big news
The wedding march
Let the play begin
change of plans
Enroute
If you want praise, die. If you want blame, marry.
breaking the ice
road trip
roommates
The promise
In sickness and in health
Back to the wolves
Back to the states
Who's the father?
meet kyle
stolen
The revelation
The saviour
The end
Reconcilation
Epilogue

midnight visitor

96.6K 2.9K 117
By elenaspencer

The whole week had been disastrous since I  had left the hospital to stay with the carter's . First the life threatening announcement ,I still  remembered how Katherine and Ade had announced it to me more like left me  shocked.

Ade clearly was excited with having me there. Within the first hour that I  entered the mansion, Ade dragged me to Brads room and showed me my  new closet which was Brads and now soon to be mine. She had bought all branded ,super expensive clothes whose tags were not even removed and the price mentioned on it was enough to send me running to hills but Ade insisted saying it was nothing as it was all from Brads pocket and all the dresses combined was like 0.2% of what Brad earns monthly. Ade told me the whole story of how she had asked for Brads credit card when he was busy on a call and he gave it to her blindly and within 30 minutes she was vanished with the credit card and he got constant messages till 8 hours telling him about all her purchases .He was on the verge of throwing his phone again but stopped. He was so pissed that he got Ade a new card that day itself with enough cash to last her for 2 years and personally begged her not to use his . She started laughing telling me about Brads facial expression when he saw the bill it was  10 million.  I laughed too imagining Brads face. It convinced me more to wear these clothes if it was going to irritate him. She told Brad that it was all for me so he said "Thank god, Do you need more, I can spare?",Ade quoted him. Seriously,he thinks my clothing style is so bad that he thought even spending 1 million on me was not enough. You just wait Brad Carter.

The stuff was all Chanel,Dolce and Gabbana,Prada,Gucci,Dior,Tommy Hilfiger,FCUK even the belts were from there and the track pants were all from from bebe with bebe embedded on the ass and they itself costed more then my rent. I am so not going to wear these. There was a separate drawer for watches and it had Rolex,Tag heur,Cartier and all of them were embedded with diamonds in all colours .Seriously whats wrong with Ade ,picking all things shiny like i am a kid. There were few which were made of complete pure diamond from the wrist to the dial. Seriously this is too much . i agree i needed clothes but watch . A cheap watch also shows the same time as the expensive one.

She had a separate drawer for jewelries  with everything mostly from tiffany's ,Harry Winston and swarovski. Then a separate wardrobe  for shoes. It had all kinds of shoe,sandals,boots, bunny slippers from Manolo Blahniks,Jimmy choo to Burberry ,Louboutiens. There was  a wardrobe for makeup which had all MAC stuff and atleast 30 perfume bottles all were very expensive and were branded from Carolina Herrera to  Dior ,Prada. OH MY GOD. THATS IT."Adrianna WHATS ALL THIS?",i asked her more like demanded.

"What you dont like it ,i can exchange it ,we can even go to Paris ,Milan for shopping if you dont like the mall stuff here.",she said happily.

Seriously she calls them mall stuff. For me mall stuff is like buying clothes in a supermarket on a sale and once in a blue moon if i had saved much , to go and by from Macy's that too on a sale.

"No i like it ,in fact i appreciate it but its too much, you have literally got the whole shop. I don't need that much stuff. I have some of mine.",i said trying not to hurt her.

"You think this is too much you should see Brad's and my wardrobe then."

She dragged me to show Brads wardrobe which was the other side of the closet . The closet itself was bigger than my whole flat  and probably 2 flats.she opened Brads part of the closet which was divided from mine using a door and entered the security password.
OH MY GOD. Brad had seriously more stuff than me .He had  all shirts arranged according to colour  which included even pink surprisingly and all were branded and mostly  Armani,Versace etc and had probably 50 suits and shoes. He had a separate drawer for cuff links which were golden,silver etc and don't even get me started on his tie collection.His perfume collection was surprisingly only 5 . guess he doesn't like  perfumes.

Whom have i married now.He's filthy rich.PERIOD.

Finally Ade convinced me using emotional blackmail saying she spent the whole day shopping for me and Katherine personally chose some of the stuff for me. So if i didnt accept it i would basically be hurting them. I didn't have a choice.

"But why are my stuff here?i mean am i sleeping here?",i asked praying no.

She laughed."Cant wait for Brad ,huh?",she teased.

More like don't want to wait for Brad.

"No You are going to sleep in the guest room and Brad in his cause moms really like old schooled.",she said winking.

thank god.

It was a good experience staying with them . They were really so humble ,down to earth and treated me really like there daughter and Brad was not there too. But i felt guilty the  whole time thinking about our fake marriage and how its going to hurt all of them and Brads already in trouble because of me. The last time we met was really not  the best conversation we ever had.

Speaking of Brad he had not come since 1 week even though his work was of 2 days. He had gone from L.A. to Paris and London saying work but I really knew it was not wanting to meet me and see my face. He really hated me. I was ready to apologize after all how ever his attitude was he stood up for me ,braced up trouble and i think is my only close thing even though fake. As Nina and Dad have not talked to me  since the hospital. I tried calling them every hour but they refused to pick up my call every time. They definitely didn't want to talk to me as its hard to miss a scandal so popular and probably they know how the money for the operation came .Thank god the operation was already done or else they would have returned it on Brads face.

Whenever Brad called ,he never talked to me ,he called everyone but me. No one doubted it suspicious as whenever  Katherine,Ade or William would be like talk to Alaina ,he would lie  saying he called me in the night before and he will call me in the night again and would  cut the call saying an meeting had come. I too went with the lie as it was better than apologizing on the phone in front of everyone and embarrassing. It hurt though whenever i had to fake smile and answer Katherine's questions like how's he and did he eat etc; and i would have to smile and say all positive things and excuse myself and hide in my room. Everyone though i was missing him badly because i loved him and everything was lovey dovey between us.

At the end of the week  after the paparazzi had died a little and i was feeling better. Brad had called Katherine .I heard there conversation pretending to be reading a magazine in the living room.

"Yeah,son how are you?"

".WHAT?",she screamed.

I panicked. He's fine right.

"OK,i will  tell her, You have made me so happy. don't worry i will take care of everything you just be on time OK.love you,Bye.",she said extremely happy that all my doubts of his health vanished.OH MY GOD . Katherine's only happy when "MARRIAGE IS AFTER 3 DAYS,Alaina sweetheart",screamed Katherine loudly . Even William and Ade came out from there rooms. This is what i was afraid of.But WHY? What a jerk couldn't even message me or call me, tells his mom to tell me as if hes telling her about my dentist appointment which got preponed and not my impending marriage to him. JERK.

"OH MY GOD,really!",screamed Ade too.

"But why suddenly?",William asked. Exactly why?

"he didn't say much just gave me orders and  ended the call.You know how Brad is.",she said smilingly.

"Oh,yeah typical Brad.",said William.

"we will have to do a lot of things caterer, gown,invitations,reception. I need all the help......",said Katherine mumbling to herself and finding something on her cell.

"Don't worry mom I will help you we will hire Antonio Hayden .Hes the best wedding planner. He did some country's princes wedding last month. Hopefully he will be free and about the gown don't worry  I will take Alaina today for all her shopping.",she said all in a breath clapping her hands excitedly as if i am her next meal.

"Then best of luck to you Alaina for handling Ade and Brad both",William said teasingly.

he couldn't be more right.

"Dad,not now. You go and send the invites. Invite even Tom cruise .Heard he's in the town and even.......and i will decide the band....",she went on but i closed my ears,it was too much for me to take in.

"Come on alaina we have so much work. I will call and see if Monique has any gowns there.",she said dragging me out of the house into her red Porsche. 

After an gruelling hour we got a gown from  Chanel as it was Alaina's new fascination .We got everything shoe,veil ,accessories to complete my look. I guess this moment is supposed to be big in a girls life but for me it was nothing. I was so tensed that i didn't even look in the mirror just blindly went like a robot after changing into whatever Alaina gave me and showed it to her. If i saw myself now i will surely throw up and i had no intention of showing Monique and Ade my breakfast spluttered on the floor. 

She left me at  a spa and said she had something important to do which was understandable. They massaged my feet ,my back ,my face and did some gold facial on my face. I didn't bother seeing my face as I was constantly troubled by Nina and dads thoughts. They will hate me even more if i marry.WHAT SHOULD I DO?but i couldn't back out  after all this. Brad had warned me.

She met me at the spa after 2 hours and took me home. Thank god I couldn't handle any more  shopping or smell of new clothes or those fake smiles of the owners and shop salesmen.The car backseat was filled with packets and from various stores. GOD HELP ME.

After i went home. I saw Katherine and William going with there travel bags.They saw me and halted.

"Alaina Darling we have to go to Brads grandmother's house to get her. She stays in  L.A..She's old and cant travel on her own. We will be back in 2days.",she said kissing me on the cheek.

"Don't worry the security is beefed up and there's even New York police patrolling outside to shoo some of the paparazzi. if any problem call us or press the alarm.i will give you the head police officers number.He's outside. You may remember him. He's brads friend ,Matthew Jones,you met him at the hospital. if any problem call him. He will help you.He's  a nice guy and Ade's there too. ",he said patting me on the back.

I smiled at them."I will be fine .Don't worry .You guys should leave now you will miss your flight.",i told them reassuringly.

"Ade,you better take care of her ",screamed Katherine loudly to wherever ade was in the house.

"Oh by the way there's a surprise for you.",Katherine said winking at me.
What surprise. This is not enough.

I smiled and bid them goodbyes.

Ade and i had  Mexican salad for dinner. After helping her clean up .She got a call and was excited and then saddened remembering her job.From what i heard it was a party invitation.

"Its OK,Ade go. i can take care of myself.",i said

"What leave you alone here.No.I will go some time else.".she said sadly

"Look there are about 20 people roaming outside to take care of me so i doubt anything will happen so go.",i said.
Finally after convincing her.She went and pecked me on my cheek before going and told me that i was the best. She gave strict orders to the authorities outside.God this family is so overprotective.

I went to sleep as clearly i didn't have anything else to do.

I screamed when i saw my room.My bed was without any mattress  and my couch was missing.Where did all go.I was so sure they were all there before i went shopping.I  decided to sleep in some other room.After all it had some 15 rooms. All the rooms were locked. What the hell. I called Ade.She picked up after some 10 rings.

"HEYYYYYY AL",she said clearly drunk.There was loud noise behind her of some party rock sound.

"Hey what happened to my room and why are all the rooms locked.",i asked her .

"Oh yeah,i forgot to tell you. Mom had decided to send all the mattresses and stuff for dry cleaning as for the wedding the guests are going to stay with us so mom wants everything clean and spic and span.",she said drunk .

"But why are they locked?"

"Pest controls going on. Mom wanted to ensure that all rooms are pest free."

"oh"

"don't worry use Brads room. Mom hasn't touched his room. Since he gets mad.",she said pretending to be serious but i could make out she was playing match making fantasies and it was all her plan.

"Enjoy. Don't worry i will   try to come by tomorrow.",she said laughing and hung up.

OH GOD.

I went to Brads room out of no choice. Thank god He's not here. I went into my wardrobe  and searched for a nightwear. There were all Victoria's secret and satin lace type stuff. Having no choice I chose the most decent one  which was till my knees and not transparent and tried to cover much. It was white and had laces .I changed into it after taking shower from the toiletries kept in the washroom. It was all body shop  but surprisingly it was especially for females and all newly wrapped. Looks like Ade had planned it before. OH she will pay for it.I used the strawberry shower gel and took bath. After feeling relaxed.

I slept on his bed and tried to stay away from his pillow. It smelt of strong cologne and leather smell. It was hard exactly like Brad. I loved soft mattresses.

3 Hours later

I heard noises. Something banging,falling down and glass shattering.

Oh my god .Who was it. Please let it not be some new rapist or burglar,murderer.

I immediately checked my cell . It was 2:30. who was there at such an odd time.I took my cell used its flash light walked in my night wear down silently step by step to not make noise. I had my cell on .I went down the stairs trying not to fall.I went in the kitchen. Suddenly another noise of a vessel falling down. There was someone for sure no kitten or wind.

I could see there broad shoulders .I grabbed the closest vase next to me and used it as a shield as i went closer to the kitchen to hit him from behind. He turned and the last minute he raised his fist to  cover his face to defend himself and it hit his fist. He groaned "Aaaahhhhhh.."

It was a familiar voice. I went and switched on the lights. The lights fell on his face showing his features. It was BRAD ,himself. 

OH MY GOD. Its going to be a long night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.1M 424K 37
What happens when two are summoned together by a long remembered deal between two enemies to force their alliance in the industry business. Heartbrok...
6.6K 338 36
I tripped by my own dress and fell on him, or should I say directly jump on him, my chest collided with him making his back to hit the mattress due t...
1.1K 93 10
Ashton Vann had barely grappled the reality of his father's death before he finds himself in a room full of people telling him that his father left h...
178K 6K 52
As much as Kimberly Astor hated to admit it, she had a slight problem. Okay, so it was theoretically a major problem, but it wasn't entirely her faul...