Deceiving Veils

By LettingYouIn

About a time when anarchy took over a place where once order prevailed. She being daughter of the one whose d... More

Prologue
Chapter-1 {Other side of the fence}
Chapter-2{The bitter}
Chapter-3 {Fragile}
Chapter-4{Not that word}
Chapter-5 {Contrasting Confrontations}
Chapter-6{Haze}
Chapter 7{Two loose ends}
Chapter-8{Whys}
Chapter-9{Promise?}
Chapter-10{Undefined stakes}
Chapter-11{An end or a beginning}
Chapter-12{Standing at door of dark chamber}
Chapter-13{Hers to walk}
Chapter-14{Unfolding}
Chapter-15{Veils}
Chapter-16 {Shutting you out}
Chapter-17{This ain't getting solved}
Chapter-18 {It's Nothing}
Chapter-19{Stakes and a life}
Chapter-20{She has to}
Chapter-21{Not now, Not ever}
Chapter-22{That sweet tension}
Chapter-23{Helpless intrusions}
Chapter-24{I don't want to talk}
Chapter-25{Equations and complexities}
Chapter-27{Turning back the clock}
Chapter-28{Before the storm}
Chapter-29{Defying the Dark}
Chapter-30 {The furnace}
Chapter-31{Amendments}
Chapter-32{Unrest}
Chapter-33{Storming}
Chapter-34{A good night}
Chapter-35{A little more snarled}
Chapter-36 {Symphony}
Chapter-37{Intersection point}
Chapter-38{Fire and Ice}
Chapter-39{From the ashes}
Chapter-40{A fire shall be woken}
Chapter-41 {Cold harsh ground}
Chapter-42{We see the light}
Chapter-43{Won't ever let you go}
Chapter-44{Bridge Of Eyes}
Chapter-45 {An abode and loose ends}
Chapter-46{Sealing the gaps}
Chapter-47{A day of dawns}
Chapter-48{Pull and Push}
Chapter- 49{Battle of flames}
Chapter- 50{Taming the heat}
Chapter-51{It's not what it seems}
Chapter-52{Days without nights}
Chapter-53{ Travail of inception}
Chapter-54{A Turning Point}
Chapter-55{Sweet knots which ache sour}
Chapter-56 {Into the murk}
Chapter-57 {Alternate Tophet}
Chapter- 58{will-o'-the-wisp}
Chapter-59{ Sweet vengeance}
Chapter-60 {Warrior princess and a knight}
Chapter- 61{Ghosts of Boneyard}
Chapter - 62{Everything and nothing}
Chapter-63 {Bare Souled }
Chapter -64{Nowhere else to be}
Chapter- 65{And It starts}
Chapter-66-A{Day and night}
Chapter-67 {Surfacing wounds}
Chapter- 68{Before he fastens it}
•| TEASER |•
Chapter-69 {Soft Snowflakes}
Chapter -70 {Metamorphosis}
Author's Note

Chapter-26{Sweet Tantrums}

3.4K 334 84
By LettingYouIn

He was gone. 

Nandini searched across corridors just to see that one face which mattered. That one person who mattered like there was no life without him. She foraged through darkest corners just to see his one glimpse. She knew he was angry, maybe that was an understatement. She didn't mean to enrage him, she just wanted to help those who helped her, who helped them. It was last corridor which she was going to look, it was there where her dorm was. She knew it was futile, she knew it was waste of time. He couldn't be there. He had probably leaped into dark forest to seek some solace. She had no courage to go there alone so there she was. She walked across the corridor and reached the end of it. Holding the cold railing at end of lobby, she sighed aloud. Tears made way out as that was it. It was last place she could search and he wasn't there. Her chin wobbled as she looked at moonlight bathed hills, they all looked stupid. She felt like switching off the moon and make all of them disappear thinking how they were the ones holding him somewhere. They were dear to him more than her. He could be angry but he couldn't be gone. She sobbed a little as it became difficult to hold those storming tears. Wind almost immediately took away her tears drying them as if taunting her for not being able to retain what she thought belonged to her. She sobbed hard giving up and letting all loud thought taking over. She was angry at him, at her, at them. It couldn't work like this if he was going to disappear like this every time. She wiped her tears roughly making her cheeks turn red. 

Her ordeal got broken with some weird noises. She looked around to know the source. Her pores then were inflamed. She looked around and moved to corner as reflex. Again same faint noise marked its presence as if someone was shuffling something. She blinked twice to make out that it might be coming from her room. Her palms went cold sweated as she took a step towards her room. Door was a bit ajar and a faint light was coming out. She wondered how she come she didn't notice it when she walked past it. Her hands trembled as she raised her hand to push the door. She gulped and pushed it bit. Orange of room touched her face and she peeped in. Site in front of her eyes pumped the life back in her lungs when it took her breath away at same time. 

There he was.

Sitting in her bed, looking out of window, fiddling with her accessories; he looked buried in some grave thought as she tried to grasp the relief. She had found him. Her chin wobbled as she felt her chest exploding in relief but who had patience to wait. She stormed in closing the door behind her with thud and walked right in front of him. He almost jumped at his place. Was he not expecting her in her own room? She shook her head in disbelief as she tried to suppress the overwhelm and ignite the anger. He looked at her trying to grasp each of her expression as her brows furrowed as a result of trying to contain her sobs. He looked...he looked amazed. 

"You are pathetic, Manik," She murmured as she crossed her arms across her chest. He opened his mouth to gather all his scattered thoughts. His gaze as soft as feather, she felt like collapsing in his arms but no, she couldn't be doing that. She needed answers. He got up leaving the messy bed and looked down as if shifting into his desired demeanor. 

"You have nothing to say?" She asked almost shouting. 

"You have any idea how worried sick I was?" She asked shouting. 

He looked around and there she saw traces of indignation. 

"I have nothing to say," He murmured curtly and tried to walk past her. She couldn't believe it. Gathering his elbow, she jerked him back. He like a lazy weight rolled back to its position. He surely didn't intend to go. Sweet tantrum was what he was aiming to throw. 

Holding his collar tightly in her small fist, she jerked him closer where he looks into her eyes. He tried to screw her plan but then she being that close, he couldn't look anywhere but into her teary fierce eyes. 

"Dare you walk away when I am speaking," She warned and he did look afraid. 

"Speak to me," She demanded resting her forearms on his chest as she melted a bit in heat of her own rage. 

"I am not one of those who would bow down to you," He replied bitterly. 

"Go listen to voices which are way important. I am just a stupid commoner," He added and jerked her hands off his chest in anger.

Her vision blurred as more tears made their way. That's what he thought of her? She wanted to cry but then she couldn't be standing weak at that moment. He conveniently was looking away towards night-view. She held his chin roughly and turned his face towards him. His angry face looked even more angrier as she applied force on it. 

"You don't know me a bit. I was mistaken that I thought you understand me. You clearly don't," She said in one breath and all anger from his face faded away. He looked pale. 

"You know what, I had a lot to say but now I won't. It's not worth it," She added and left his chin. 

Pushing him away, she stomped towards her bed to crash into it. Digging her face in warm pillow which still had his scent and warmth in it, she let out a silent sob. 

She heard him walking and then sighing. She didn't want to look at him, not when she wanted him so bad and all she could manage to do was pushing him away. She heard door unbolting and her heart sank more. He was going away. She let out a sob and held pillow more tightly to endure the pain. 

Her bed molded a bit and she felt him beside. He sighed and then his warmth approached her. She could feel his hand just back at her shoulder. Extracting her from bed in next go, he held her closer to his heart. Her back touching his chest, his arms clasped softly across her stomach, she rubbed her red nose to control her cry. He was sitting just behind her holding her like most fragile thing. 

"Tell me what it is," He asked in her ear in a soft whisper. 

She shook her head denying and tried to unclasp his grip. He tightened it to limit where it hurt, but that made her melt strangely. She sobbed and he put his chin on her shoulder as if giving her all the time. 

"You are so bad," She murmured in between her sobs. 

"I am worst," He agreed with a modification. 

She shook her head instantly not agreeing to his exaggeration. 

"You know all of it is new for me. I didn't know what to do. They all are so nice to me, and I tried to return the favor," She explained like a kid. He sighed warm in her neck and she put her entire weight on his broad torso. 

"Believe me, I won't go there. I would never do things which worry you," She assured ever so softly. 

"I believe you," He murmured and planted a soft kiss on her red cheek. 

"Now stop crying," He asked as next thing. It was beyond surprising how he could be this mild.

"I am not crying," She replied and wiped her red nose with her sweater. 

"I am sorry," She said as next thing and he looked at her from side lifting his chin up. 

"I am sorry," He repeated and lifted her for settling in his lap. Leaning against wall adjacent to her bed, he put her in his lap. 

She looked at him. He looked calm and there he smiled for her. She smiled back. He was so close to her, she finally realized that emotions had lead them to such a comfort which could feel scorching other way around. She looked at their position and she backed out a bit adjusting her messy hair. He raised his brow and she asked him what raising her brow. 

"Just because we are fine that doesn't mean I don't deserve a compensation," He said as a coy smile floated on his lips. 

"Compensation?" She asked totally getting his hint but there he was putting her in tight spot and she couldn't let that happen. 

"For making me cry or for leaving me there alone?' She asked putting a stern face. 

He pulled her closer and her hands landed on his chest as he peeped into her beautiful eyes. 

"Just like that," He answered and eyed her lips. She wished she could just run away. It was hard to take his demanding gazes. 

"You should go, Manik," She murmured as he kept loving her face with his eyes. 

"Shame on me if I even think to leave," He replied brushing her hair with his fingers. 

"Sleep," He asked as next thing and she just gaped his face unable to believe at his audacity. Getting up from her bed, leaving her there sitting like a statue, he adjusted her pillow. 

"Sleep. I am not leaving," He declared and she just looked at him with open mouth. 

"But..." She opened her mouth to object but he put her to pillow and covered her in quilt almost in a jiffy. 

Next was a long kiss on her forehead and she could sense how much he craved for things which she was shy to even think about. His wet lips lingered there for a moment or two and then he walked to door to check the bolt. Taking the grand cushion from other side of bed, he put it on floor and settled there like a boss. Nandini kept looking at him as he made himself feel home. 

_______________________

A camp burning in pieces and night looked blood red as cries filled the dead dark with that orange of flame. Army marched past that burnt camp like predators. Cries of women and children filled their ears but hearts of stone couldn't bother. 

Army had burnt down the entire camp after searching for Nandini in it. They had finally got licence to kill. Massacre had started. 

"Next civilian camp should be down by morning," Commander commanded and unit started marching towards another destination.  

Back there somewhere a man was captivated away from all of it, night had another shade there. Mr Murthy frantically hided the diary under his shirt as he heard a faint noise. He looked around as if death had knocked when it was mere sound of knob opening. Two masked men walked inside and put the food on table. They left and Mr Murthy picked up the plate as hungry beggar. Gulping it like it was his last meal, he kept looking at door to ensure no one was watching. 

Finishing his food, he brought out his diary which had turned into a mess. Stains of vomit, blood and food on it had made it look like a piece of shit. He smiled looking at it and then started crying. 

"Nandini" 

He murmured and then gaped it with utmost affection. Drugs had made him half mad and that day wasn't far when he would lose his sanity completely. 

Taking out the pen, he opened page 109. It was blank and there he started writing a name on it. 

"Nandini, Nandini, Nandini"

He had not anything left to tell, probably all he ever wanted to tell her was already written in it. But her name was only thing he wanted to remember when he was losing it all. He filled he page with pen without stopping.

____________________

Manik opened his eyes as he heard a faint knock on door. He looked at Nandini who was sleeping peacefully. He walked to door and opened it only to find the person whom he might kill at that moment. Harshit was standing there looking at his feet. 

"Hey," He wished but all his enthusiasm flew away as he saw Manik standing there instead of Nandini. 

"Manik," Harshit exclaimed in shock. 

"You here?" He asked and Manik gritted his teeth to extent where Harshit could actually hear them. 

"What are you doing here?" Manik asked through his teeth. 

"I...well..I was just thinking to inform Nandini about tomorrow," Harshit said fumbling. 

"Is this a time to visit a girl?" Manik asked scowling trying not to wake Nandini up. 

"I can ask the same," Harshit replied with helpless rage. 

Closing door behind him, Manik grabbed Harshit from collar and dragged him to nearby pillar. 

"I had told you to stay away but you won't understand until you see a doctor who would cure your broken bones," Manik barked in his face. 

"Calm down, angry man. I had just come to tell her we will go to her house early morning," Harshit said softly totally not wanting to get into a brawl with angry Manik. 

"There's no 'we' when it is about you and Nandini. In fact, You and Nandini can't even come in a sentence together when you talk," Manik warned and clenched Harshit's jaw between his fingers. 

"I'll take her to her house. We'll bring what you need," He informed and left Hashit with a force that his head collided with pillar wall. 

"That'd do. That's perfect," Harshit agreed catching his breath and walked away as fast as he could. He could not be messing with Manik alone. Manik kept looking at Harshit until he disappeared in fog. 

Bolting the door, he entered the warm room and a smile floated on his angry face. He saw her sleeping peacefully in warm quilt and he could watch her like that entire night. 

__________________

_________

Unedited*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.9K 778 39
"Esther Florencé you are only mine to touch, how dare you to look even at another men! " He yelled while helding both her delicate wrist very tightly...
276 5 9
Nichole was neither in hell nor purgatory when every little slither of hope that she tried to grasp onto would slip between her fingers. When neither...
3.9K 171 7
He loved her from a far, he disired her, craved her but he let her go and waited for the right time to cage her in his dark world. Like a predator. T...
453K 13.6K 41
RATED MATURE | Completed ✔ Held captive at the hands of vampires to be auctioned off to the vampire clan called the PureBloods. I'm held hostage, tor...