fire and rain // forheadedrose

بواسطة forheadedrose

"In a fight, they're lethal. Around each other, they melt." Loosely based on the new FOX show, Lethal Weapon. المزيد

1. Promotion
2. Dinner
3. Surf n' turf
4. Best buds
5. There goes the neighborhood pt. 1
7. Spilt milk pt.1
8. Spilt milk pt.2
9. Laundromat
10. Work party
11. Lifes a picnic
12. Noise complaint
13. Magic
14. Julian pt.1
15. Julian pt.2
16. Sunset
17. Jack the ripper
18. Shotgun wedding
19. Inappropriate work behavior
20. Big flashlight store
21. Second chances
22. Busting bad guys with Baby Bella
23. Babysitter
24. Prodigal son
25. The list
26. To elope or not to elope?
27. Carnival honeymoon
28. Backyard sunset
29. Family tree
30. Last goodbye
31. Adjustments
32. The necklace
33. Guess who's back, back again
34. Decoy pt.1
35. Decoy pt.2
36. Jingle Bell glock pt.1
37. Jingle bell glock pt.2
38. Bathtub conversations
39. Counseling
40. Baby names
41. Destroying Yourself
42. Baby blues
43. Dog tags
44. Falling down
45. Danger
46. Homecoming
47. Family
48. Junior Detectives
48. Lawmen pt.1
49. Lawmen pt.2
50. Lawmen pt.3
51. Relative(ly annoying)
52. Brotherly love pt.1
53. Brotherly love pt.2
54. Brotherly love pt.3
55. Details
56. Issues
57. Memory
58. Therapy
59. Too much
60. One flight down
61. Goodbye my lover
62. What's left.
63. The same
64. "Yes ma'am."

6. There goes the neighborhood pt. 2

2.6K 63 7
بواسطة forheadedrose

D E J A

I was dozing off in the back of the car as Riggs phone started to ring.

We've been driving around for forever, waiting for that guy to confess, so we could be on it in no time.

"Bailey, what's up?" Riggs asked with her on speaker.

"Cruz just found an address texted to Boogie's phone, and a 911 call just came in from the same location-- robbery." She spoke, boogie was the guy Riggs tackled and we took in.

"That's our crew. What's the address?" Murtaugh said as he drove.

"2604 South Gramercy. But there's more, the woman called it in is in the house. 911 has her on the line." She said and I sat up slowly, "All right, patch us through." Riggs said as he took Bailey off of speaker.

Murtaugh and I listened closely as Riggs talked to the girl, she was hiding in a closet and she said she could see the front door, Riggs told her to stay inside, a bunch, but she said she could make it before we heard a gunshot.

"Drive." Riggs said lowly to Murtaugh.

We got to the house first and Riggs kicked open the door, I was behind him and Murtaugh was behind me.

Riggs lowered his weapon as he looked into the living room to see Hayley, the woman he spoke to on the phone, laying in her living room with a single gunshot to the heart.

--

"This case is now our top priority. A young woman is dead, shot with a .380, no fingerprints were found at the scene." I barely listened to important stuff.

We were all kept late at night to find out more about this case.

They talked about a link that we were missing because the woman's house that they robbed, Jessica's house - Hayley's sister, didn't have much to steal so we were missing some kind of link.

I stood up and walked down the halls, I stopped as I looked through a glass window to see Jessica being interviewed by Riggs.

I couldn't hear anything before he stood up and walked towards the door.

"Hey," He said looking up at me, "Hi." I breathed.

My arms were crossed over my chest.

"Are you okay?" I asked because it seemed like the steely façade was down right now.

"Yeah, yeah. Are you?" He asked placing his hand on my back as we started walking down the hall.

"No, that girl.." I trailed off.

"Let me take you home." He sighed and I didn't argue with it.

I texted Murtaugh and told him I was heading home as we walked across the parking lot and towards Martin's red and yellow pickup.

Before he started the truck he sighed loudly.

"This may seem like inappropriate timing, but I want to take you out on a real date." He said and I looked over at him.

"No joking around about it, like a real date at the movies or dinner or at a park or something?" I asked and he nodded.

"Finally." I smiled.

He smiled before leaning over slowly, his nose brushing against mine before he kissed me.

We broke apart, his hand lingering on cheek as my hands rested on his chest.

"Worth the wait." He smiled before I rolled my eyes.

I sat in the middle seat as we pulled out of the parking lot, I rested my head on Martin's shoulder before my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered as I sat up, "Deja, I'm glad you picked up. It's RJ."

"RJ who?" I joked, "RJ as in your little brother." He said and I smiled.

"I'm just kidding, homie. What's up?" I asked as I closed my eyes, trying not to fall asleep.

"I-I need your help. Um, I snuck out to meet this girl, and uh, I got stranded in like really not the best neighborhood." He said and I sighed.

"And.. I-I know its a huge ask but can you come get me?" He asked nervously.

"And what about dad?" I said opening my eyes.

"Deja, I snuck out. Please, I'm begging you." He said and I sighed again.

"All right," I gave in, "Where are you?" I asked slightly tapping on Martin's arm.

RJ told me what street he was on before we said quick goodbyes.

I directed him before scoffing.

"Why would he think this is okay?" I asked in frustration.

"What, you've never snuck out to go meet the boy down the street?" Riggs smirked and I sighed with annoyance, "Believe it or not, nobody liked me when I was growing up."

"I call bull." He said and I chuckled, "Riggs, he's right there." I said pointing at my little brother.

We pulled up and I got out, "Roger Jr.!" I hollered and he turned quickly.

"I'm gonna kill him." I said to Riggs as RJ walked over towards us.

"Get in." I demanded and he scooted into the middle seat.

"RJ, I can only be the cool sister for so long." I sighed as Riggs pulled away from the curb.

"Why are you with him?" He asked pointing at Riggs, "Don't change the subject." I scoffed, changing the subject.

"It was like cracking a case." RJ said and Riggs and I glanced at each other with weird looks.

"What's like cracking a case?" Riggs asked.

"Figuring out what a girl wants to hear so they let you.." RJ trailed and my eyes widened.

"You know, g-get with them." He said and Riggs nodded, "Ooh."

"Yo, this was like a serious, X-rated-type situation. She was like like 'Mmm' and I was like 'Mmm', and then she was all like, 'I love you RJ.'" "Okay, so you weren't with an actual girl." Riggs said.

"I mean, that much is clear." He said glancing at RJ and then me.

"But wherever you were, you're going to have to tell your parents." Riggs said and RJ quickly objected saying that was the whole reason he called me.

"Mom and dad treat me like I'm a damn child or something." "You are a child, RJ. Theirs." I spoke up, looking at RJ.

"And you always will be." I sighed.

"You want to be treated like an adult, try being straight up with them. Learn from whatever their reaction is." Riggs said and I was incredibly impressed.

We dropped RJ off, I told him he was annoying but I still loved him before he went into the lions den.

"Riggs," I sighed, "I hate doing this to you," "You need a ride back to the station?" He smirked and I nodded.

"I have to talk to Roger." I sighed as I got back in.

As we drove to the station I had to tell him, "You did really good with RJ." I spoke up, "Like, really good. I think you knocked some sense into that kid." I softly chuckled.

"Roger would have done the same thing." He said and I smiled, "Thank you, Martin. I know you're probably tired of me getting all soft, but I really am grateful to you." I said and he smiled.

As we stopped at a red light, he leaned down and kissed me softly.

We got back to the station only a few minutes later, Riggs went to his desk as I looked for Roger in the break room.

"Riggs!" I heard him holler and I stepped out back in the main area where all the desks were.

"Yo! Hey, I thought you were heading home soon." Riggs said as Murtaugh walked over to his partner, Riggs stood by his desk.

"Nah, I cracked the case." I could tell by his body movements that he was mad as hell.

"What'd you find?" Riggs asked.

"What've you been doing?" Murtaugh asked as I stood only a a few yards away.

"Oh, I just had to run an errand." Riggs shrugged.

"An errand? Like making out with my daughter in your truck? That's right, Bailey saw you two in the parking garage." He said and my eyes widened.

"Look, Roger, I rea-" "I know she's beautiful and funny, but you can't do that. You need to leave her alone, but you won't, because you don't give a damn!" Roger raised his voice, making the whole station stare.

"You need to calm down." Riggs said quietly.

"Two years ago!" He shouted and I closed my eyes for a second, knowing what was coming, "My daughter tried to commit suicide because she had her heart broken into millions!" He shouted and I put my hand over my mouth, Riggs clenched his jaw as he glanced at me, his eyes were glassy.

"Do you have any idea how bad that could've gone?" Roger said on the verge of tears, "No. Because you have nothing to love in this world, but yourself." Roger said as a lump grew in my throat.

"Nice." Riggs spoke quietly, "And you wonder why your kids won't talk to you." Riggs said before Roger punched him in the jaw.

"Roger!" I said stepping towards them.

"Don't ever get involved with my family again. Is that clear?" Roger asked and Riggs looked over at me, "Crystal." He spoke quietly.

"Home, now." Roger demanded me, I breathed shakily as I left the station again.

I didn't talk to Roger at all, I just went straight into my apartment.

I went into work the next day and Riggs wasn't in all day and Murtaugh and I didn't speak at all.

Until it was getting dark and we had to go interview a valet company that might be setting up the hits.

"I'm sorry, alright?" Roger said as he drove.

"You punched him." I said still looking out the window.

"Yes, because I wanted him to get a little taste of what it would be like if he ever did break your heart." He said and I looked over at him.

"I'm stronger now. Even if he did ever hurt me, which I don't think he ever will, I can handle it now." I spoke seriously.

"D, you are the strongest person I know.. But I can't let you go over the edge, again. In fact, you need to be miles and miles away from that edge." "So you're saying I should be miles and miles away from Riggs?" I said as I squinted my eyes.

"I'm saying he's trouble-" "He's not trouble, he's troubled." I said and he glanced at me as we stopped at the valet parking.

"I trust you, alright? Just be careful." He spoke slowly.

We went out and questioned the kids that were all around RJ's age.

He actually had a friend doing this, named Marcus, and we're afraid he's caught up in it.

"I need you tell me exactly when Marcus left here." Roger said to one of the kids, but he kept telling us he didn't know.

Roger and I both turned as we heard a loud engine come closer, we saw Riggs pull up in his red and yellow pickup.

"Stay here." Roger said as Riggs got out and they met a few yards away from me, "What are you doing here?" Roger asked.

"Cruz and Bailey followed your lead on the valet stands. Turns out their all owned by one individual: Marshawn Wyley." Riggs said as he glanced at me, standing awkwardly in the background.

"The coach?" Roger asked.

"Screw it." I mumbled before I walked up to my father and the guy I liked, "Yeah, I had to put a BOLO out on him." Riggs said as I stopped beside Roger.

"These kids are too scared to talk, RJ's friend Marcus works this stand." Roger said, "He might be caught up in this. I keep calling his phone, but, uh, maybe she already told you that when you guys took your little ride together." Roger spoke bitterly as he tried calling Marcus again, on speaker.

I looked up at him, glaring as my lips parted.

"Roger. Honestly. I already said I was sorry." "Sorry? I didn't hear sorry." Roger said getting all worked up again.

"Maybe it was because you were too busy punching me in the jaw." Riggs said before we heard ringing.

I brushed past the bickering men, both of them following me.

I walked over by a bush and picked up Marcus' phone.

"They got Marcus." I said ending the phone call.

"Line them up." I said taking control over this little cat fight.

Soon all the teenagers were lined up, all in their red uniforms.

"All right, so we know you've been feeding addresses to your boss." I spoke up, "Now, the first one of you who tells us where Wyley is, gets a free pass." I said as I looked at them all, one kid on the end seemed nervous.

I glanced at Riggs and Murtaugh before looking at that kid again, showing them who to take aside.

"Nothing. Alright, take them in." I said and the line started to move towards the police cars to be escorted to a county jail.

"Hold up for just a second." Riggs said taking the nervous ones shoulder and stopping him from walking with the others.

"You know, it's Friday so that means your pals.. You guys are going to be in county for the whole weekend." Riggs said as Murtaugh and I stood in front of the two.

"Fresh meat, baby face. Big chest. They're gonna like you." I smirked.

"That's true. You do.. You do have a big chest. You do work out a lot." Riggs said as him and Murtaugh went along with what I was saying.

".. They love that. You need to make sure you choose your partner though, don't let them choose you." Riggs said as he stood on the other side of me.

"That's when it gets scary." Murtaugh said before the kid gave in.

"Look, a couple pulled up in a nice ride. They said they were celebrating so I gave their address to Mr. Wyley when he took Marcus." He explained before handing us the slip of paper.

"They're taking him on a job." I said as Riggs walked very close to me, but I'm not complaining.

"Let's go." He said as he went to his pickup and Murtaugh and I went into the police cruiser.

I called in for back up, before we pulled up.

Riggs ran around back before we heard a loud crash and then a lot of gunfire.

Murtaugh and I went in and I shot down two men in all black with masks, Murtaugh yelled at Marcus before I went after him.

"Put that gun down, Marcus!" I said running out onto the street before he stopped and turned to point the gun at me.

"Deja?" He asked and I nodded, I used to babysit him when I lived with the Murtaugh's.

"Look, I didn't want any of this, all right? They made me do it!" He shouted.

"I believe you, I do." I assured him as I stepped closer.

"You think I'm stupid? The second I put this gun down the next thing for me is jail, and I'm not going to jail!" He shouted.

"I've known you since what? First grade. Now you can trust me Marcus," I said before breathing deeply, "And I can trust you." I said taking my gun off of him and putting it in the back of my pants again.

"Now, there's a way out of this. You make a deal. I vouch for you." I said holding my hands up as I talked.

"Just put that weapon down." I spoke quietly as he looked at me.

He started to lower his gun before Riggs yelled at me, "Deja!" He shouted and Marcus was shot in the chest, I turned in what felt like slow motion as I grabbed my gun and shot the coaches shoulder.

Riggs ran out and put the coach on the ground as I grabbed Marcus.

"I was dropping the gun. You saw me." He said as he groaned, "I saw you Marcus, I saw." I assured him.

-

I waited beside Murtaugh as we sat by Marcus who was asleep in his hospital bed, he was okay, just tired.

Trish and RJ came in, I stepped out as Roger and Roger Jr. had a little talk.

"One inch to the left and he would've been dead. I can't stop thinking that that could've very easily been RJ." I spoke quietly to Trish.

She hugged me before she went in to see RJ and Marcus while Roger came out into the hall.

"I have good kids." "I have good godparents." "Parents." He corrected me after I spoke above a whisper before he hugged me tightly.

I closed my eyes and held on to him.

I sniffled as I heard the elevator bell ring, I opened my eyes to see Riggs looking up at me.

I slowly let go of Roger and he turned to see his partner as well.

He pressed a button before the doors closed again, I couldn't even get a word out before he left.

--

"So, congratulations on stopping the home invasion crew, solving a murder and stopping what could've been two more." Captain Avery said as Roger, Riggs and I sat in his office.

"You know, as much as I love you two sitting their with your mouths shut, you two need to bury the hatchet and-- I can't believe I'm staying this-- get back to being your usual pain-in-the-ass selves." Avery said and I glanced at the two.

"Riggs, apologize for not telling him you kissed his daughter." Avery demanded, "Already did." Riggs shrugged.

"Barely." Murtaugh fired back.

"Murtaugh, tell Riggs you're sorry for clocking him." Avery said and they stayed quiet.

"You know what then? New assignment. You're gonna hate it. All three of you." Avery smirked.

He made us all go to counseling, so we all walked silently down the hall until we went into the councilors room.

She was this beautiful and perfect and lovely woman named Dr. Maureen Cahill.

I was about to sit in the middle of them until Roger cleared his throat, "She can't sit by me?" Riggs scoffed.

I sighed as I sat by the arm rest and Roger sat beside Riggs.

"Who wants to start?" Cahill asked once we were settled.

"Okay. I will. You're both not the easiest of individuals to get along with." I spoke up.

"Both?" Murtaugh asked, "I never said that I was easy." I smirked because I got them both talking.

"He is crazier than a sack of cats." Roger said.

"Did you just say I was crazier than a sack of cats?" Riggs asked as he looked over at Roger.

"Funky, feral and confused-- that's you." Roger said and I found this amusing but tried not to show it.

"I think what Roger is trying to say is that your behavior since you two started working together has been erratic and compulsive." "Yes." Roger agreed with Cahill.

"How about this? He punched me in the face and cracked two teeth. How's that for erratic and impulsive?" Riggs said as he shrugged.

"And what Martin is trying to say is that he was genuinely.. Hurt... By you." Cahill interpreted.

"I really cracked two teeth? I guess I don't know my own strength. These here are some lethal--" "I should've told you what my intentions are with Dej. So, I'm sorry." Riggs interrupted Roger.

"I am. I know you're the only guy around here who has my back, and I appreciate that." Riggs said as they looked over at each other.

"And I appreciate that. And you. Sometimes." Roger said and I lightly smiled.

"That's a great first step. Martin, is there something you could do to help nurture this relationship?" Cahill said.

"Uh... This is not easy for one man to say to another, but your head is wonderfully round. Bald is beautiful." Riggs said and I bit back my smile.

"Sometimes, at sunset.. When it's slightly dark out, your mustache almost looks not ridiculous." Roger said to Riggs, "Thank you." He said.

"Sometimes." Roger added.

I closed my eyes as I shook my head slightly, wondering how I ended up here.

"Okay, all of you out, now." Cahill said annoyed with their games.

They both jumped up from the couch, leaving as quickly as they could.

I scoffed as I stood up.

--

M A R T I N

"Deja, you go ahead, we'll catch you in there." Roger said and she slowly nodded before going into the barber shop that Roger insisted I go to.

Deja went into the barber shop that she's been to millions of times.

"Riggs, what are your intentions with my daughter?" He asked sternly.

"I really like her, Rog. Like, a lot. That's all I know right now, is that I want to be with her." I said simply as I slightly shrugged.

"I swear, if you hurt her-" He said as he ran two fingers across his neck.

I nodded, telling him that I knew the drill already.

We went in to see the shop almost full, Dej sat on the couch, smiling as she talked to an older man.

"Hook him up, Art." Roger said as I was placed in a chair and the barber put that thing that keeps the hair off of me, on me.

He turned me so I faced the mirror, I looked up to see Deja slightly smiling at me before she looked away.

"I can work magic, not miracles." Art, the owner joked.

"What kind of look was you going for?" Art said touching my hair.

"Mid-80s Selleck." Roger joked, "I was thinking mid-70s porn." Art added.

"Or we can just skip the cut entirely. Look, I came down here in search for a decent mean. This guy wants to eat tofu burgers and quinoa salads all day long." I joked and they all laughed.

"Now, you know, you can take the boy out of Sherman Oaks, but you can't take Sherman Oaks out of the boy." Another barber joked and the whole shop laughed again.

"I had a heart attack, people. Just cut his damn hair, and give him my discount." Roger said, "You want me to overcharge him?" Art joked.

"Don't embarrass me, man. He-he's like family." Roger said glancing at me and then Deja.

I looked in the mirror to see her talking to an older woman, now.

She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as she looked over at me, her smiled widened as one started to play on my lips.

A/N LONG FREAKING CHAPTER

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

3.2K 223 56
"We're not friends" "We use to be" "Well not anymore"
55.1K 1.7K 27
"Are you still crazy?" "Only and forever for you sweetheart." - sequel to Burning Legacy - All rights reserved, teenwolfiesx © 2015
1.4K 28 26
greatest enemies to lovers i've ever written
23.4K 542 54
'People change, things go wrong. Shit happens, but life goes on'