Baby Payne

By pjsandsocksallday

Being pregnant is hard enough when you don't have the world and a mob of fans waiting for you to fail. Belle... More

Baby Payne-Chapter 1
Baby Payne-Chapter 2
Baby Payne-Chapter 3
Baby Payne-Chapter 4
Baby Payne-Chapter 5
Baby Payne-Chapter 6
Baby Payne-Chapter 7
Baby Payne-Chapter 8
Baby Payne-Chapter 9
Baby Payne-Chapter 11
Baby Payne-Chapter 12
Baby Payne-Chapter 13
Baby Payne-Chapter 14
Baby Payne-Chapter 15
Baby Payne-Chapter 16
Baby Payne-Chapter 17
Baby Payne-Chapter 18
Baby Payne-Chapter 19
Baby Payne-Chapter 20
Baby Payne-Chapter 21
Baby Payne-Chapter 22
Baby Payne-Chapter 23
Baby Payne-Chapter 24
Baby Payne-Chapter 25
Baby Payne-Chapter 26
Baby Payne-Chapter 27
Baby Payne-Chapter 28
Baby Payne-Chapter 29
Baby Payne-Chapter 30
Baby Payne-Last Chapter

Baby Payne-Chapter 10

3.9K 91 1
By pjsandsocksallday

I looked up at him, not really sure what was going on. The fact that he liked me was sort of a surprise. I hadn't detected any sort of feelings like that towards him. But, then again, I didn't say no right away. I just stood there kind of shocked, not really moving from my spot.

"Okay." I whispered.

His grin looked like it could split his cheeks. I was glad I had made him so happy, but I was still unsure about the date. He was a really sweet guy with a great heart and a lot of love to share, but I wasn't sure I wanted to date anyone. But, it couldn't hurt to at least try to creat a real relationship.

We continued walking, but you could practically feel the happiness radiating off him in waves. I was glad I had made him so happy by saying yes to one thing he had said. He had told me he wasn't really one to go into an impulsive realationship, so he must have thought about this.

That thought made me very happy.

There was another desk waiting for us when we got to where we needed to be, but there was a nurse sitting behind that one. She gave us a genuine smile when we approached, and I was glad she wasn't eyeing Liam like the fist girl had been. It seemed she actually did her job instead of eyed the clients.

"How can I help you?" She asked.

"We have an appointment."

She nodded and typed something into the computer. "And the name?"

"Payne."

"Okay." She said. "You can go right in." She pointed to the door across from the desk. I gave her a polite smile and a quiet thank you. Liam followed behind me into the room, thanking the nurse before he came in.

There was a doctor sitting at a desk, writing on a slip of paper. "Excuse me."

He turned around, giving us both a smile. "Oh, hello."

"Hi." I let my hair cover my face as I was slightly shy.

"Lets get started." He said and patted the table next to him. "Come lay down right here and get comfortable."

The little table, I could tell was suppose to be comfortable, but my back felt weird when I laid down. I tried to make myself comfortable, but it felt like my butt was going numb. After a couple of seconds of trying and failing to feel nice while laying there, I decided to just stay still.

"Isabelle?" He asked.

I nodded. "Belle." I corrected him out of force of habbit. I really didn't like it when people called me Isabelle or Izzy, it just reminded me of the old life I had gotten rid of.

"I'm Dr.Spade."

I gave him a slight smile, growing slightly more confident now that I knew his name.

He wrote something down, and looked up at Liam. "You can sit down on the other side of her, if you want to." Liam walked to the other side of the table and held my hand. I clenched onto his, extremely nervous on what was going to happen. He gave my hand a squeeze, showing me that he was supporting me.

"So, how far along are you?" He asked.

I looked at Liam, for confermation. "About a month and a half."

He nodded and wrote it down on his page. "Have you been noticing any symptoms of pregnancy. Mood swings, vomiting, cravings?"

"I was vomiting quite a bit a while ago, but now it's not as bad. Um, I've been eating more than I usually do, but that's only because the guys are making me. I'm not really sure about mood swings."

"Okay. Any problems, things you want to ask me about?" He asked.

A few questions flashed threw my mind, but Liam was asking questions way before I had a chance to even speak. "How much should she be eating?"

The doctor seemed happy that Liam was being so into the questions. "She should be eating whenever she feels hungry sometimes even more. The baby will be able to tell her when she needs to eat, but she does need to be eating healthy foods."

Liam asked a few more questions, but then the doctor said he would start with the scan thing. He stood up and started to walk towards the door. "Okay, so I just have to go grab some of the gel and then we can get started."

The door shut and I turned to Liam. "Did you really have to ask about the food?"

He gave me a smile. "You know I want to keep you safe. Plus, I wanted to show you that I'm right."

"I know how to feed myself." I protested.

"But you don't know how to feed the baby properly."

I was about to say something to him when the doctor came back into the room. Liam was still clutching my hand, and when the doctor opened the bag of gel, my hand clenched down on his. He brought my hand up to his face and kissed it, holding it there and making me feel more comfortable.

He had been getting more and more touchy feely ever since this morning, and it was kind of weird, but nice at the same time. Since I had never really had anyone like me like this before, it was nice. He was the first person to be interested in me, and I couldn't help but saver every single thing he did.

"This will be a bit cold."

He was so right. When he put the gel on my stomach, I clenched down in Liam's hand. Liam laughed, but there was a slight pain from the fact that I had squeezed his hand. I didn't even think I really squeezed his hand that hard, defiantly not hard enough to hurt him.

Giving him a weird look, I looked up at the screen. I had no idea what he was going to do when I gave birth if that had hurt him a little. He would have to grow some sort of pain resistance if he was going to be in the same room as me when I gave birth, holding my hand.

The screen lit up when the doctor pressed the little remote to my lower stomach. My eyes roamed around the screen hastily, waiting for something to appear that resembled a baby. I couldn't see anything but a slightly blue screen. The doctor moved the little device around, but nothing really looked like a baby. There were little dots on the screen, but nothing that stood out.

When I looked over to the doctor, his face wasn't happy like it had been before. He was looking at the screen with furrowed eyebrows and a slight frown. My stomach twisted and a hot flash of fear slammed through me. Something was wrong, his face wasn't one that would be shown if everything was okay.

"What's wrong?" I asked, my voice laced with fear.

He gave me a fake smile, one that I saw right through. He stood up and spoke as he walked towards the door. "I just have to go talk with my supervisor for a second. I'll be back." Then he shut the door, and we were left alone.

"Somethings wrong." I turned to Liam and enclosed both my hands around his, looking for some sort of comfort while I was freaking out.

He gave me a smile, but it was tense. "Everything will be fine."

"What if its not?"

"It will be." He tried to assure me and himself at the same time.

Tears were burning at the corner of my eyes and threatening to fall down my cheeks in a series of sad waves. "What if somethings wrong, and something bad happened to the baby? I couldn't even see anything on the screen!" I cried, but refused to let the tears through.

He wrapped his warm hands around mine, his big ones easily covering my tiny ones. "Let's just wait and see what's going on. We don't even know if there's anything wrong."

I nodded and tried to control my breathing as it was raging out of control. I knew I should have calmed down, but I really couldn't. This baby was the one thing that I did that would have been a good thing. If something was wrong, I don't know what I would do with myself.

When the door opened, I jumped about a mile in the air. I wasn't expecting it, and my heart was racing a mile a minute already. The man came in, followed by a woman in a similar white coat. She gave me a small smile, but I wasn't sure if it was sincere or not. She may have just been trying to make me feel better, though it wasn't working.

"Payne?" She asked.

Liam nodded and my grip tightened around his hand. I was extremely nervous, and I wasn't exactly sure why we had been asked who we were about five times, but that was just my mind wandering to random places. I was still breathing heavily, and I wasn't exactly sure how I would calm down.

She sat down on the chair and held up the remote. "Okay, lets take a look."

I looked back up at the screen and my eyes filtered around, looking franticly from corner to corner. I then turned to her, watching her face to see what she did, and how she reacted. When she smiled, I relaxed slightly.

That was a good sign.

She gave me a warm smile. "So, it looks like there may be something we may not have originally seen."

"What is it?" Liam asked, still on edge.

"It seems that later on in your pregnancy their may be problems."

I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Like what?"

"You see, theres a seam there." She pointed to a spot on the screen, and dragged her finger across it, showing me where the little line was. "It may be nothing, but it could also mean problems."

Fear flashed through me. "Will the baby be okay?" I asked.

She nodded. "It's more you that I'm worried about. The baby looks completely healthy for the age it is, but I want to prescribe you with some prenatal care to keep it that way."

Liam tightened his grip around my hand. "So what does this mean for Belle? What if there are complications? Will she be okay?" He asked.

The doctors face held a grim smile. "I want you to come in every three weeks so we can monitor any problems that may occur." She didn't answer the question. She just jumped around it, giving me some information, but not really what Liam had asked for.

That kind of made me scared. Why hadn't she told him a real answer? She was a doctor, she was suppose to tell us the truth. Was she just jumping around it to spare our feelings, or was I just overreacting?

I decided to brush it off. If I stressed about everything, then I would be a nervous wreck all the time. If she thought it was important enough to tell me, I think she would tell me, being a doctor and all. There wasn't really any benefit from keeping anything from me.

She stood up and walked over to the desk, pulling a pen out of her pocket as she walked. "I'm writing you a prescription for two different pills. I want you to take one of the first one whenever you're feeling extreme sickness. The other I want you take every morning when you wake up, just to help your baby's health move along. "

She scribbled something down on a little pad of paper and tore it off, tuning back to me quickly. "If you go to the drug store a few blocks away, they'll have both of these." I grasped them in my hand, trying not to freak out even more than I already was.

"Thank you." I said when she gave me a paper towel to wipe my stomach off.

"No problem." She said.

I stood up and pulled my shirt down. "So, when would you like me to come back?" I asked.

She gave me a smile and looked down clipboard I hadn't noticed she had before. "Like I said, three weeks from now, I want you to come back so week can check your progress." It looked like she was trying to figure out a day and a time that would work for her.

"Thursday, November 12th would work for me." She said.

I looked up at Liam, considering he and the management company were the ones that really had a say in what I did. "I don't think theres anything going on that day. Were good for any day that week, actually."

She handed me a little slip of paper, another to go along with the two she had given me for the prescriptions. "Take this, just as a reminder for the next appointment."

I nodded and let Liam lead me out of the room. I thanked both the doctors as he tugged me out of the room. "That didn't go as expected."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 16.6K 59
*COMPLETED*
1.3K 5 63
Leah and Harry are siblings, but when their parents die suddenly, Harry runs, leaving Leah with a friend. years later they find each other again, the...
122K 2.9K 19
Niall's absolutly in love with his best friend, and so he decided to make a book only for Liam. But there is a problem. Harry and Louis found it and...
7.7K 144 23
Ash has a drunken, one night stand with the famous singer, Niall Horan but ends up being pregnant. Will Niall ever find out? Will there paths ever me...