fire and rain // forheadedrose

By forheadedrose

"In a fight, they're lethal. Around each other, they melt." Loosely based on the new FOX show, Lethal Weapon. More

2. Dinner
3. Surf n' turf
4. Best buds
5. There goes the neighborhood pt. 1
6. There goes the neighborhood pt. 2
7. Spilt milk pt.1
8. Spilt milk pt.2
9. Laundromat
10. Work party
11. Lifes a picnic
12. Noise complaint
13. Magic
14. Julian pt.1
15. Julian pt.2
16. Sunset
17. Jack the ripper
18. Shotgun wedding
19. Inappropriate work behavior
20. Big flashlight store
21. Second chances
22. Busting bad guys with Baby Bella
23. Babysitter
24. Prodigal son
25. The list
26. To elope or not to elope?
27. Carnival honeymoon
28. Backyard sunset
29. Family tree
30. Last goodbye
31. Adjustments
32. The necklace
33. Guess who's back, back again
34. Decoy pt.1
35. Decoy pt.2
36. Jingle Bell glock pt.1
37. Jingle bell glock pt.2
38. Bathtub conversations
39. Counseling
40. Baby names
41. Destroying Yourself
42. Baby blues
43. Dog tags
44. Falling down
45. Danger
46. Homecoming
47. Family
48. Junior Detectives
48. Lawmen pt.1
49. Lawmen pt.2
50. Lawmen pt.3
51. Relative(ly annoying)
52. Brotherly love pt.1
53. Brotherly love pt.2
54. Brotherly love pt.3
55. Details
56. Issues
57. Memory
58. Therapy
59. Too much
60. One flight down
61. Goodbye my lover
62. What's left.
63. The same
64. "Yes ma'am."

1. Promotion

4.8K 92 11
By forheadedrose

D E J A

"Young, can you come into my office?" My chief- Captain Jackson spoke.

I was afraid he would bring up the file that I turned in late or something, instead he smiled as I walked in.

I got all giddy as he told me that I was being promoted to the second floor of our department, where all of the really crazy crimes happen. Mostly homicide.

"You'll be walking under a Detective Roger Murtaugh, until he feels you're ready to take the test." He said, happy for me.

I thanked him repeatedly as I thought about actually moving up.

The test he was referring to was the Detective test, the test all cops dream of passing.

I packed up my stuff quickly, a few jealous co-workers stiffly congratulated me.

I went upstairs to see it looked newer than the first floor, but the mayor favored this precinct and this floor because they solve the murders and other intense crimes very quickly.

I set my stuff at an empty desk, that was right beside another one.

I was called into my new Chiefs office quickly, seeing as I'm like the rookie right now.

I walked in, fixing my jacket because I was in causal wear since I was expecting to be running around today.

"Officer Young, this is Det. Murtaugh, you'll be his right hand wo-man." My new captain said as I shook the mans hand, "It's a real honor to meet you, Detective." I joked because my dad used to be a cop, him and Detective Roger Murtaugh were partners so Murtaugh was like my weird uncle, he's actually my godfather because he was my dads best friend, he even spoke at my dads funeral.

"Detective, your new partner will be in today, Detective Mar-" He was cut off by his radio going off, "We've got a 1-12 in progress, hostages and shots fired." We heard some reported a robbery at a big bank.

"Looks like you get a little taste of what being a real cop is like." Murtaugh said as we both left quickly.

I drove with him in his car, we got out and crouched behind a police car as we listened to an officer, "We've got about three armed men with 20 hostages inside, they beat up a security guard pretty bad. Oh, and they're demanding a helicopter." .. On a busy intersection in downtown L.A.

Murtaugh started giving orders since he's been in this line of work for years.

"We should probably move now while we've got them on surprise." A man said, we looked over at the man who just stood near a building, leaning on it because he was real cool guy.

He was extremely handsome, I'll give him that.

"Excuse me?" Murtaugh said as the man walked up to us, he came and stood beside me with Murtaugh on the other side of me.

"Look, I'm not telling you how to do your job, but it's not exactly oceans eleven in there." The handsome man spoke again.

"Sorry, I didn't-" He said reaching his hand out for me to shake, he smiled over at me as I placed mine in his.

Gunshots rang through the streets as one of the armed men held a hostage, demanding a helicopter.

I hid as the man stayed standing, he pulled me up with the hand he still held.

"Do you trust me?" He smirked and I shook my head no, "I don't know you." I said and he smiled, pulling me out of the safety spot behind a car.

He grabbed a few pizza boxes, he held three while he gave me two, still pulling me into the bank.

"Hey, we got a civilian and one of our own walking in, someone stop them!" I heard Murtaugh shout before the man pulled me into the bank.

"Who the hell are you?" I whispered harshly.

"Riggs. You?" "Young, why ar-" I was cut off when he started whistling.

He whistled as we walked in to the three men shouting at the hostages, telling them to stay down.

"Hello bad guys. We brought some gifts." The crazy man said pointing at the pizzas we held.

A man on the teller counter cocked the shotgun he held as he pointed it at us.

"Look, I'm not sure what everyone wanted so I got an assortment, like pepperoni," He said stepping over the security guard that laid on the floor with his head bleeding, but he was conscious.

The boxes were knocked out of our hands as I stayed close by the crazy man.

They kicked the backs of knees, causing us to fall on our knees.

"We don't want any damn pizza!" One of them shouted through a mask.

He pointed a gun at Riggs while another one pointed a shotgun at my temple.

"We want a chopper!" The leader yelled and Riggs looked over at me and the gun pointed at my temple.

"Look, I'm new to the area but it seems like you picked a pretty busy intersection for that, I don't know where you'd set a chopper down." He coolly explained to the man who had a large gun pointed in his face.

"Is this funny to you?" He shouted in Riggs face.

"No, not at all. I just think you guys are in over your head, I mean these guys out here," Riggs pointed behind us, "They're never going to take you seriously.. Unless.." He said and I closed my eyes in annoyance.

"Unless what?" The man in the mask shouted.

"You off someone." Riggs shrugged calmly.

I looked over at him in disbelief.

"And it can't be just anyone, they can't be old or unattractive, and to be frank- and I hate saying this, but, whites better. I'm sorry, it's true though. More publicity, right?" Riggs asked a black man who was being told to stay on the floor.

"Maybe we should just off you!" He yelled stepping closer so Riggs face was inches from the gun that would blow out his brains.

"Or her, she's a cop!" He shouted turning his attention towards me, he glanced down at the badge on my belt loop.

"Ohh! Offing a cop! Although I don't think you guys have the sack for that." Riggs said as I breathed shakily, not even able to speak.

"Oh yeah? Either we get out of here alive, or nobody does!" He shouted as one of the other ones opened his jacket for us to see a bomb strapped to his chest, they just had a small button to press.

"I think we left some side salads outside, let's go get-" "Get down!" The man in the mask yelled as he pointed the gun back at Riggs who tried to stand up.

All three men shouted at him as a few women whimpered in fear of seeing a crazy mans head blown off.

They took me as a hostage as he slowly kneeled down again, I breathed softly as a shotgun was pressed against my temple.

"I'm going to need you to do me a favor, okay?" Riggs spoke quietly to the man with the gun, he grabbed the barrel and pressed it against his forehead as my breath hitched in my throat.

"Don't miss." Riggs said.

Riggs glanced at me before he lightly grabbed my hand, I was in too much shock to pull away.

He closed his eyes, "1, 2," He slowly counted, "3." He said before grabbing the gun, he pulled me up and held me close to him as he shot two men before knocking out the third and then shooting him.

I held onto his shirt tightly as I actually started breathing again.

I looked over to see the bomb was set in time, counting down from 30.

"Alright, let's go, let's go!" Riggs hollered as he held my hand, keeping me close to him as all the hostages ran out in a very disorderly fashion.

He tossed the gun as he took me outside, Murtaugh met us a hundred yards from the building.

"What the hell are you doing? You just took one of my people in there!" Murtaugh grilled Riggs.

"You could have gotten both of you guys killed!" He shouted before Riggs pulled me into his chest, hiding me before fire blew out of the building..

Luckily we were far enough away so no one was seriously injured.

As the flames went down, I broke away from Riggs, "Detective Martin Riggs." He smiled as he stuck his hand out for me to shake.

"You're a cop?" I said with my eyebrows raised.

A/N CLAYNE CRAWFORD - LETHAL WEAPON 😍😍😍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 444 48
The story of my life! *wink*
197 41 40
you live the perfect life. you have a boyfriend and an amazing friend who you now all you're whole live, you do things that you love the most. ever...
55.1K 1.7K 27
"Are you still crazy?" "Only and forever for you sweetheart." - sequel to Burning Legacy - All rights reserved, teenwolfiesx © 2015
2.7K 175 45
Oh, the places you'll go. The things you'll see. The people you'll meet. The help you'll need. Trust me, you might not want it, but in the long run...