SAFE HAVEN, yoonkook

By 97KING

jungkook might not be an actual angel, but he's yoongi's angel & that's all that matters min yoongi & jeon ju... More

safe haven.
one.
two.
three.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.
twenty seven.
twenty eight.
epilogue.

four.

10.4K 654 379
By 97KING

With Jungkook around, it seemed like there was never going to be an uninteresting morning in the house. This morning, when the alarm went off, Jungkook decided to jump of the bed and roll over to the still sleeping Yoongi, waking him up by sitting on top of him. He straddled him, hands splayed across his chest as he stared down at the older male. Now, even in his half asleep state, Yoongi probably could have pushed the smaller male off without too much difficulties. But that seemed like it had the potential to cause more issues than it was worth, and instead he decided to try and see if he could just get Jungkook to hop off him.

"What're you doing, Kookie?" He asked, lifting his hand to rub his eye. This action made the younger boy tense, pressing his legs more tightly to Yoongi's sides and his hands down on his chest. "I need to get up, to go to work."

"No, you don't."

"I do. Going to work is how I get money to pay for everything. If you want to keep living in this nice place, I have to go to work."

"It's not that nice. But you can't go to work, you have to stay with me instead." Jungkook said as he looked around the room. He was topless again, Yoongi noticed, and only wearing boxers. It made the older male wonder what he did with the clothes during the night, because he still hadn't found yesterday's clothes. He was probably going to have to buy him some actual pyjamas soon.

"If you wait a few more days, it'll be the weekend and then I'll be able to stay at home with you." Jungkook shook his head, yawning as he slowly leaned down closer to Yoongi. He ended up resting his head on the older male's shoulder, presumably having a nap as he allowed the other to make his decision. Yoongi lay there for a few seconds, wondering how he was going to get out of this situation.

In the end, he decided just to push Jungkook off him and make a run for the bathroom. His plan seemed to going well, until the younger boy caught him and tackled him back down on to the carpeted floor. They lay there, with Jungkook holding him on to him tightly and Yoongi trying to regain the breath that was knocked out of him.

"You're not going." Jungkook said, his mouth somewhere close to the older male's ear.

"Alright, alright." Yoongi surrendered with a sigh. This made the smaller boy smiled triumphantly. "I'll take you out to buy your things. But if I do, you have to have a shower."

"A what?"

"A shower." Yoongi repeated. Jungkook thought about this for a few moments and then climbed off the older male. He stood there as Yoongi got to his feet, frowning. His frown didn't go unnoticed by the older. "What's the matter?"

"I don't want a shower."

"You have to." Jungkook shook his head, folding his arms across his chest. "This isn't negotiable; you're having a shower before you start to smell."

"You smell." The boy retorted, making Yoongi roll his eyes.

"Yeah, and that's why I'm having a shower. You need to have one too."

"I don't smell." Jungkook sniffed his arm before holding it out to Yoongi. "See, smell."

Rather than do what the boy said and smell his arm, Yoongi grabbed it and began pulling him towards the bathroom. It didn't take Jungkook long to figure out what was happening and when he did, he started struggling. The older male had to adjust his grip, wrapping his arms around the younger's waist as he tried to make some progress. The smaller boy continued to fight against him, trying to push himself out of the older's grasp.

"No! No shower!" Jungkook screamed as he bent backwards, pushing his chest out. He then let himself flop, relying on Yoongi to stop him from falling down and hitting his head on the ground. He seemed almost dead or unconscious, but the older male knew better than to trust him. He continued to carry the boy into the bathroom, locking the door behind him before gently placing Jungkook on the ground. The boy continued to play dead for a few minutes as Yoongi turned the shower on. When he thought the older was distracted by his task, he tried to make a run for it.

Unfortunately for him, Yoongi was prepared for this and simply turned, wrapped his arms around Jungkook's waist and pulled him over to him. As the boy once again struggled, Yoongi shoved him under the warm water. Jungkook stood there, glaring at Yoongi as the water rushed over him. His wings dropped as they got wet, adding to the sad image. He sighed, his shoulders slumping forward in dejection.

"Make sure you use soap." Yoongi said as he turned to leave the bathroom. As he did so, Jungkook reached out and grabbed him. It was the older male's turn to be pulled under the water and he yelled out as he did so. Jungkook's nails dug into his arms, holding him close. "My pyjamas! And we are cutting your nails."

"Make sure you use soap~!" Jungkook mimicked, a cheeky grin spreading across his lips. The older male just sighed.

"Is everything hidden?" Yoongi asked as they parked in the shopping mall car park. Jungkook looked down at the oversized black coat he was wearing, nodding slowly. "You're probably going to get hot while we're walking around so when you start to feel dehydrated, tell me. You need to stay hydrated. We'll get some water while we're in there, and if you're good we'll also get an ice cream, alright?"

"I'll be good." The younger boy promised, earning a fond smile from the older. He ruffled Jungkook's hair.

"You're not so bad when you're in a good mood."

"Yeah, well, you're... you're not so bad when you're buying me things. Can we go now?" Yoongi nodded and the pair hopped out of the car. Jungkook looked rather funny as he waddled around in his coat, a look of concentration on his face as he made sure his wings didn't absentmindedly move from his back. The coat arms were too long for him so they were rolled up but they still hung too loose. All of it was loose ー but that was what was working to their advantage.

This was Jungkook's first time out, Yoongi realised as he watched the younger boy look around in amazement. Everything seemed to interest him, and they had to pause a few times as he inspected some things the brunette would have considered pretty boring. When they reached the escalator, it took a couple of tries to convince Jungkook that it was okay to walk on. The first time he stepped his foot on it startled him and in the end he had to clutch Yoongi's hand as they went up. He didn't take his eyes off the moving stairs the whole time.

"Do you want to get some clothes first?" Yoongi asked as they started wandering around the store. Jungkook continued to hold his hand, his side pressed against the other's as he watched all the people. He barely even acknowledge Yoongi as he put all his attention on taking everything in and keeping an eye out for threats. His gaze darted from one spot to another as he looked at all the foreign sights. "I'll take that as a yes. Come on."

They headed off to the nearest clothes store ー a plus-sized store. They got some strange looks as they entered, probably due to their sizes in comparison to the sizes of the clothes the shop supplied, but neither pay any attention to them. Jungkook was too busy looking around and Yoongi was just trying to find some clothes for the younger male.

"Can you see any coats or jackets or jumpers you like?" Yoongi asked as they walked around the store. A man passed them and Jungkook's grip on Yoongi's hand tightened. He watched the man, not even considering social etiquette as his gaze followed him. "Kookie?"

"I like that blue one." Jungkook responded after a few moments of thinking. He pointed at one of the jumpers that was hanging up far out of both their reach.

"Do you like any that are maybe a little lower down?"

"That one." Dragging the older male to a clothes rack, he pulled off one of the jumpers. He handed it to Yoongi and then grabbed the pink one next to it. Then another pink one with a slightly different pattern and a pale blue one.

"This is the women's section, Kookie..." Yoongi pointed out as he watched the pile of clothes get larger.

"But I like them, they're prettyー ooh~!" Jungkook let go of Yoongi's hand to go check out another jacket that was on a mannequin. He stared at it for a few moments before poking the mannequin's stomach. He then looked back at Yoongi, a wide grin on his lips. "This lady feels like a doll." He laughed.

"That's not a lady, Kookie. It's a mannequin. They dress them up with their clothes." Yoongi corrected, running a hand down Jungkook's back. He'd seen two bumps start moving as the boy ran off and now he was paranoid. Jungkook took this as a hint to return his focus to hiding his wings and they pressed back down against his back again. He looked up at Yoongi for approval, who just smiled at him. "Is this all you want from here?"

"Yeah. Just those ones."

"We should try them on first, to make sure they hide everything." Jungkook nodded and the pair headed over to the change-rooms. They hopped into the closest one and Jungkook immediately shed his coat. He sighed happily as his wings were freed, stretching them out as far as the small room allowed. The older male pulled the first one off the hook and held it open so Jungkook could poke his head through. Everything seemed to be relatively hidden by the jumper and they put it in the buying pile. They did the same with the other two jumpers, but had to put the red one back as it was too think and showed the outline of his flattened wings.

"Are you getting thirsty?" Yoongi asked as they headed to the next store, looking down at the younger boy. Jungkook nodded. He then squealed as trolley boy with a row of trolleys went past, jumping closer to Yoongi. He held his hand again, watching the trolleys nervously. "We'll go in here and get you some water then, and then buy you some pyjamas, around the house clothes and some other things."

"Okay~!" Letting the boy out of the house had seemed to put him in a good mood. The older male smiled as he watched him skip beside him, pleased to see he wasn't screaming or sulking.

Once they'd bought some water and left the shop, Yoongi handed the bottle to the younger boy. He took large gulps from it, almost finishing it before he stopped himself. Handing it back, Jungkook looked expectantly at the older male. Yoongi was going to put it in the bag with the clothes but the boy piped up as he went to do so.

"Aren't you going to stay hydrated?" He asked.

"Oh, well, I was going to save the rest for you..."

"I saved that bit for you. You need to stay hydrated."

"Thank you, Kookie. I'll drink it then." Yoongi then twisted the cap off and finished the rest of the water under the younger boy's watchful eye. At Jungkook's insistence, he let the boy throw the bottle out in the nearest bin and then they headed off to the next store.

Yoongi and Jungkook were in the changing room again. They were having a few difficulties getting the pants on, as Jungkook was determined to put the pair on but they were a size too small. He refused to admit defeat, pushing his foot through the leg.

"You know we could just grab another pair..." Yoongi said as he watched the boy. Jungkook shook his head, the tip of his tongue poking out past his lips. He then fell backwards, landing on the floor after losing balance. He huffed, staring at the pants.

"I don't like these pants. They're ugly." He then said, pulling them off and chucking them at the older male. "Why did you choose these?"

"I didn't..." Yoongi trailed off when he saw Jungkook's glare. "I mean, I'm sorry. I'll put these ones back. Are you happy with all the other ones?"

"Yep. Can I wear some when we get home?"

"Of course." This seemed to excite the younger boy and he quickly gathered all the other clothes. He was about to rush out before Yoongi reminded him about his coat. He paused to let Yoongi help him back into it, and then returned to rushing out of the change room.

The pair continued to wander around the store for a little longer. Jungkook got distracted by the toys, something he'd never got growing up, and in the end managed to convince the older male to get him a fuzzy bear he'd found at the back of the shelf. It looked a little old, like it had been collecting dust, but something about it seemed to attract Jungkook to it and after he'd spotted it, he refused to part with it. Yoongi eventually caved, not wanting to have to deal with a tantrum in the middle of the store. Plus the outcome ー a wide grin from the younger boy ー just convinced him further that it was the better choice.

They then ended up checking out the movies. Jungkook said he wanted to watch a movie when they got home, but once given the choice he couldn't seem to decide between all the movies. After a lot of thinking, the younger grabbed an special edition of Iron Man. It came with all the movies, which worked for Yoongi as it gave them something to watch each night.

By the end of the shopping trip, Jungkook was starting to get tired and leaning against Yoongi more. His cheeks were flushed red and his breath was coming out in pants. Realising he was probably overheating, Yoongi tried to get them through the checkout as quick as possible. Unfortunately, the lady in front of them seemed to be doing a large shop and they spent a fair amount of time waiting.

The boy was practically falling asleep on Yoongi's shoulder as it finally got to their turn. The older male waited impatiently as the checkout lady scanned their things. He kept casting nervously glanced at the boy leaning against him.

"Hang in there, Kookie." He said quietly, taking the boy's hand again. "We'll be at the car soon."

The lady then told Yoongi the amount he had to pay. He let go of Jungkook's hand long enough to pay the amount and collect the bags. They then started to head back to the car. As they went through the sliding doors, Jungkook collapsed. It was lucky he was leaning against Yoongi at the time, or the older may not have been able to catch him.

Yoongi dropped his bags as he stabilised Jungkook, placing his hand on his back to keep the wings in place. Now that the boy wasn't conscious to make sure they stayed flat, he wasn't sure what might happen with them.

"Is he alright?" The lady asked, rushing over to them.

"Yeah, I think he's just overheated. I'd hate to be a pain but would you please be able to bring these to the car? I can't carry both of them." The lady nodded, calling someone else to manage the register as Yoongi picked Jungkook up. He lay limply in his arms, his head lolling backwards as they walked to the car.

Once again the pair attracted confused stares, but Yoongi paid them no heed. It was more concerned about getting Jungkook to the car so he could take the coat off and cool down. The worker walked quickly beside him, struggling to match his pace as he rushed to the car. He was grateful he'd park close to the entrance now, as it took less time to get there.

After placing Jungkook in the front seat, Yoongi paid the lady some extra for helping him and shoved the bags in the backseat. He then returned to the front, unbuttoning Jungkook's coat and helping him out of it. The boy stirred a little, his eyes fluttering open. He stared blankly at Yoongi for a few minutes.

"There's a vending machine not too far away. I'll go get you some water, okay?" Jungkook nodded and the older pat his shoulder. He then shut the door, running over to the vending machine. He bought two bottles of water and then returned to Jungkook, who had fallen asleep again. He woke the boy back up, making him drink some of the water. "I think we might have to avoid going outside during summer... How are you feeling?"

"I'm tired." Jungkook responded, curling up in the seat. His cheeks were still a bright red colour, but the coat was now off so he should be cooling down. "Can we go home now?"

"Of course, Kookie. Then we can go watch that movie you bought." Yoongi then pulled both their seat belts on before starting the car. As he pulled out of the carpark, Jungkook pulled his shirt off and chucked it in the backseat. After that he settled down in the seat and it wasn't long until he fell asleep. Yoongi smiled as he glanced over him, finding the sight of the sleeping boy rather endearing.

When they got home, Jungkook was still sleeping and refused to walk himself. Yoongi tried to get him out, but instead the boy just wrapped his arms around the older's neck and made him carry him like a koala inside. It was awkward, especially when Yoongi had to unlock the door, but they managed.

"C'mon, little dude." Yoongi said as he tried to place the boy down on the coach. Jungkook refused to let go of him, still sleeping. "I need to bring your things inside. If you let go of me, I can go get them now and then you can keep sleeping."

"Okay." Jungkook yawned, letting go off the older male. Yoongi made an effort to bring as many of the things inside in one go. When he returned, the boy was sitting up and waiting for him. "Are we going to watch a movie now?"

"Do you want to watch it now?" Jungkook nodded. "Then we can watch it now."

Yoongi set up all the things that required him to be at the DVD player before he grabbed the remote and returned to the couch. After he sat down he was surprised to find Jungkook crawling up him and lying on top of him. He stretched out on the couch, trying to find a more comfortable position as the boy lay down and wrapped his arms around the older's neck.

"You know, you're surprisingly affectionate when you're tired." Yoongi noted jokingly, choosing the subtitles on the movie. The younger boy just exhaled heavily in response. His fingers grazed against the back of Yoongi's neck and played with his hair. "You ready to watch?"

"Yeah. You can play it now." The movie started and the pair fell silent as they focused on the opening scenes. Part way through the movie Jungkook shuffled in his position, but for the most part they lay together on the couch. Yoongi's hand rested in the curve of Jungkook's back, his wings brushing against his fingers.

When the movie ended, Jungkook started to fall asleep on Yoongi. Dinner was skipped as they chose to go to bed instead. It'd been a long day for the pair, especially the youngest, and it was beginning to catch up with them.

"Did you have fun today?" Yoongi asked as Jungkook settled down into bed with his new bear ー which he had called Tony after his newfound love for Iron Man. "Well I'm glad. But we won't be able to go too much. At least, not for too long. Not if you don't want to overheat again."

"I wish I didn't have to wear the coat." The winged boy sighed. He hugged the bear to his chest.

"I know." Yoongi pat his thigh comfortingly. "I'll tell you what: I'll do some searching and see if there's any places that aren't visited too often. And then we can have a day trip there. Sound good?"

"Will I be able to fly?" Yoongi nodded, smiling as he saw the exciting light up in the boy's eyes. "I wanna go there!"

"Well if you let me go to work and you aren't too misbehaved, I'll see what I can do."

"I'll be good." Jungkook smiled at Yoongi. "Good night, Yoongi."

"Night, Kookie. Sweet dreams." This made the boy chuckle.

"Kookie dreams of cookies..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 419 11
yoonmin. ❝my beautiful wings, yoongi, they're gone!❞
446K 24.5K 83
What happens when worlds are split? What path will Jimin and Taehyung choose? "Your beauty isn't the same as ours, but its just as precious," BTS×BTS...
18.9K 497 24
everyone wants something and they're gonna use tae to get it tae / bts completed 2015
15.6K 577 33
boy meets gumiho min yoongi / jeon jungkook completed 2015