The Gilbert Twin (TVD) Book 2

By ClaireTmt

Annabelle (Bella) Gilbert is back, but not human. After the events of finding her birth mother, finding out J... More

Brave New World (Edited)
Bad Moon Rising (Edited)
Memory Lane (Edited)
Kill or Be Killed (Edited)
Plan B (Edited)
Masquerade (Edited)
Rose (Edited)
Katerina (Edited)
The Sacrifice
By the Light Of the Moon
The Descent
Daddy Issue's
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rise's
As I Lay Dying
Book 3
+ Playlist For All Chapter's/ Episodes

The Return (Edited)

13.4K 199 47
By ClaireTmt

(The Gilbert Residence)

Bella's POV.

I start to wake up and I open my eyes and see that I'm lying in my bed, I sit up and try to remember what happened before I past out but all I can think of is the dream I just had, I kissed Damon and I liked it. I then hear the front door open so I go and investigate. I head down the stairs and I see Stefan through Elena over the sofa.

"Stefan, what are you doing?!" I shout at him as I run after my sister, but Stefan stands in front of me.

"That's not Elena, That's Katherine." He tells me as he turns around to look at her.

"At least I fooled one of the brothers." She says, and Stefan uses his vamp speed to push her up against the wall.

"Feel better?" She asks him, but he just pushes her against another wall as someone begins to open the front door.

Stefan looks to see who it is and Katherine takes the opportunity to grab his arm, bend it behind his back, and throw him down on the floor. She smiles and rushes out of the house. I then see Elena and Damon enter the house, and Stefan stands up from the floor immediately.

"Stefan, Bella?" Elena questions as she looks at Stefan who was just on the floor.

"Elena?" Stefan asks, unsure if it's her.

"What happened?" She asks running over to Stefan.

"Katherine happened." Damon tells her.

After I told Elena what happened, I started to remember what happened with the burning building and Lincoln, but I only remember up until I slit his throat the rest was blank. Me and Elena enter the kitchen where Stefan and Damon have been talking, and Stefan walks towards Elena as I take a seat on on a stool.

"We told Jeremy, we can't lie to him anymore." Elena tells them.

"Are you alright?" Stefan asks her, as he rubs her arm.

"No, I'm not alright. Katherine was in this house, that means she's been invited in, what are we gonna do?" Elena asks worried, what if next time she hurts Jenna or Jeremy.

"Move." Damon says with a smirk.

"Very helpful, thank you" She says sarcastically, as she sits next to me.

"Katherine wants you two dead; there's zero you can do about it; you would be dead but you're not. So clearly she has other plans." Damon tells us, that is a good theory.

"Right and we need to find out what those other plans are and not provoke her in the process." Stefan says to us.

"John must know something. There has to be a reason why Katherine tried to kill him." I say, speaking up for the first time.

"She's Katherine. She loves to play games and you're fooling yourself if you think you're going to find out what she's been up to before she wants you to know." Damon tells me.

"No, actually Bella's right, John could know something through Isobel. Your mother, she was in touch with Katherine so maybe we can go to the hospital and get him to talk." Stefan says, that is a good idea.

"I've got a better idea." Damon says, gathering everyone's attention.

"What's that?" I ask him.

"I'm just gonna ignore the bitch. And in the mean time, we can figure out what you are." Damon says looking at me.

"How about we figure out why Katherine is here first, I can wait." I tell them, trying to avoid the situation. My friends and family come before me, always.

"Fine, but we can talk about it after." Damon says annoyed "If Katherine thinks she's been ignored it will lure her out, she'll make a move." He explains.

"Yeah? And then what?" Stefan asks him.

"Stake her, rip her head off, something poetic. We'll see." Damon says with a grin.

(Skip to the Lockwood Mansion)

After we talked last night we decided that we would get some sleep, then in the morning Stefan and Elena would go see uncle John, and me and Damon would go to the Lockwoods to find out why the mayor and Lincoln was affected by the device and see why I was as well. When we arrived, Damon went to talk with the sheriff and Mrs Lockwood and I went to see Tyler to see how he was coping.

"Hey Ty." I say to him, as I walk up from behind him and he turns around and hugs me.

"I'm so glad you could make it." He tells me as he pulls away.

"How have you been?" I ask him, rubbing his shoulder for comfort.

"Been better." He tells to me, and he looks over my shoulder and smiles at someone "So the black sheep returns." He says, I turn around and see Mason.

"Tyler? Bella?" Mason asks as he walks towards us.

"Yeah." Tyler tells him.

"What happened to you two? In my mind you're both twelve years old." Mason says staring at us.

"Then that's two years older than the last time you saw us, Uncle Mason." Tyler says as they embrace each other into a hug. They pull away and mason looks at me.

"I can't believe your still friends with this one." Mason says to me, and he pulls me into a hug, but he pulls away quickly and looks at me weirdly.

"What's wrong?" I ask him, and a sad smile creeps up on his face.

"Nothing, it's just.. You've changed a lot since the last time I saw you." Mason says to me, and I look at him little confused "Good to see you again." He tells us, looking back at Tyler.

"It's good to see you too. Come on inside." Tyler invites him and he walks in.

"Mason, great to see you again." Mrs Lockwood says, walking up from behind me and Tyler.

"It's great to see you too." Mason says as they both hug.

"Hey, want to go see if my fathers office has anything we can drink?" Tyler asks me in a hush tone, I look at his mom then back at him.

"Sure." I say to him as we head into his father's office.

Me and Tyler finally find something strong to drink, we didn't know what it was but I knew it was helping Tyler cope. Someone then comes through the door, I look up and see Mason walking in front of us.

"What's going on here?" Mason asks us, and me and Tyler just look at each other.

"Nothing." Me and Tyler both say at the same time, and we giggle a little.

Tyler holds the flask out to mason and he takes it, he smells it first and then takes a drink. When he finishes he gives it back to Tyler.

"Bella, can I talk to you for a second?" He asks me and I stand up.

"Sure." I tell him, and he takes me by the hand and leads me outside where no one can see us or hear us. Oh no, Mason Lockwood going to kill me.

"What's up?" I ask him as he turns around to face me.

"When were you going to tell me?" He asks me with a sad smile on his face.

"Tell you what?" I ask him confused.

"That you triggered the curse." He tells me, but I look at him even more confused.

"What curse, what are you talking about?" I ask him shaking my head, he then looks at me with a sad eyes.

"You haven't changed yet have you, I'm so sorry." He tells me sadly.

"Changed, what?" I say still confused.

"Into a werewolf, when did you kill someone." He says to me, I look a little shocked when he said the last part. I start to back away but he grabs my shoulders so I can't move "Bella, you have to tell me, who did you kill?" He asks me, and I suddenly feel like I'm hyperventilating.

"I... I killed... Lincoln." I say as tears suddenly begin streaming down my face uncontrollably, and he pulls me into a hug "He begged me to, he said he co-couldn't handle the pain anymore. It was the f-founders day , and there was f-fire." I stutter as I cry into his shoulder.

"Don't worry, it'll be okay." He cooes me as I suddenly pull away from the hug.

"What were you talking about... C-changing into a werewolf I mean?" I ask him worried, as I wipe away my tears.

"Don't worry, I'll explain it all when the time comes." He tells me, putting on a small smile.

"Bella!" I hear someone shout, I turn around and see Damon "I've been looking for you everywhere." He tells me.

"Oh... Um, me and Mason were just saying good bye." I tell him, putting on a fake smile.

"Well, we have to go." Damon tells me, taking my hand.

"Alright, bye Mason." I say to him as Damon pulls me away.

"How do you two know each other? And what were you talking about?" Damon questions me as we walk to the car park.

"I've known him since I was a kid... And we weren't talking about anything important, just um... Catching up" I tell him, he stares at me as he narrows his eyes at me, hopefully he can't see through my lie.

"Fine, get in the car, I'm driving you home." He tells me, and I nod my head as I climb into his car.

(Skip to the Gilbert Residence)

After Damon drove me home, I went straight up into my bedroom and took a long shower, I couldn't believe what Mason told me, was I werewolf? I walk out of the bathroom and into my bedroom and I see Damon sitting on my bed, and I jump when I see him.

"Oh god, you scared me." I tell him with a hand on my chest, and make my way over to my dresser.

"Just doing my part in the neighborhood watch." He tells me, still lying on my bed.

"Thanks. For, um, for looking out for us. For me." I tell him as I brush my hair.

"That's me, your trusty bodyguard. Calm in crisis." He tells me slurring his words a little.

"Have you been drinking?" I ask him cautiously, and he holds his forefinger and thumb a small distance apart, indicating that he has been drinking a little. Well isn't that just great "And you're upset. That's not a good combination." I tell him, putting my brush back in the dresser.

"No, I'm not upset. Upset is an emotion specific to those who care." He tells me, he does care otherwise he wouldn't be drinking his emotions away.

"Come on, Damon. That's a lie. You care." I tell him with a smile on my face as he looks up at me.

"When you passed out the other night, did you know I brought you home, did you know I kissed you before John put you to bed." He tells me, and I look at him confused.

"Damon... Damon" I try to say something else but nothing comes out.

"When I kissed you, I feel something. And you're the liar, Bella. There is something going on between the two of us and you know it." He tells me, as he starts to walk towards me "And you're lying to me, and you were lying to Lincoln when you said that you loved him, and, most of all, you're lying to yourself. I can prove it." He tells me still walking towards me.

"No." I say but he quickly grabs my face in his hands and kisses me hard but soft and intensely with passion. I want to kiss back, but I can't, I'm still getting over Lincoln's death, so I push him away "Damon, don't! What's wrong with you?" I ask him, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Lie about this." He says to me as he starts to get closer to me, and then he throws me onto my bed.

"Stop it! You're better than this, come on." I tell him as he makes his way over to me.

"That's where you're wrong." He tells me, and he tries to kiss me again but I push him back.

"No, no, no, Damon! I care about you. Listen to me, I care about you." I tell him and he smiles slightly and entwines his hands with mine "But I don't know if I'm ready to move on from Lincoln yet." I tell him, and his face looks really hurt as he starts to tighten his grip on my arms.

"Bella, what's going on in here?" I hear Jeremy say, and I see him in the doorway of my room. Damon turns to look at him and this gives me the perfect opportunity to pull my wrists out of his grip.

"Nothing, Jeremy. It's okay, just go back to bed." I tell him calmly, but still with little worry in my voice.

"No, it's not okay, Bella." Damon tells me as he looks at Jeremy then back at me "He wants to be a vampire." He says to me, and he rushes at Jeremy and pushes him against the wall.

"No, Damon, stop it!" I shout at him as he chokes Jeremy.

"You want to shut out the pain? It's the easiest thing in the world. The part of you that cares just goes away, all you have to do is flip the switch and snap!" Damon says to him as he snaps Jeremy's neck and he falls on the floor, dead.

"Damon! NO!!!!!!!!" I cry as I run over to Jeremy, and Damon disappears. Elena comes running into the room and drops by his side, I hold up his hand and realise he has Johns magical ring on and I realise he isn't permanently dead.

Stefan shows up a couple of minutes later after Damon disappeared, saying that he new that Jeremy had the ring on.

"He didn't see the ring." I tell him as I wipe away my tears.

"It's Katherine. She got under his skin. She undid everything that was good about him." He tells me, but I just shake my head.

"There's nothing good about him. Stefan, not anymore. He's decided what he wants. He doesn't want to feel, he wants to be hated, it's just easier that way. He got his wish." I tell him, I really thought he had changed.

"I hate him, Stefan." Elena says to him and Stefan kneels down next to us and comforts us.

"I know. I know." Stefan says to her, as he kisses her shoulder and Jeremy suddenly wakes up gasping. And Stefan takes his face and looks in his eyes.

"Is he okay? Stefan, is he okay?" I ask him slowly.

"He's okay. Shhh, you're okay." Stefan says, trying to calm him down.

"He killed me! Damon killed me!" Jeremy says as me and Elena embrace him in a hug, and we all sigh in relief.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.6K 679 49
Rosalie Gilbert is the non-identical twin of Elena Gilbert. She has been away at a boarding school in Washington for a year, and has come back to sta...
101K 2.9K 41
Edward leaves Bella in new moon. She starts moping around. Mystic Falls is having some vampire problems. Liz calls Charlie asking for some help with...
213K 5.3K 48
One car crash changed her life forever. Jessica Gilbert was a normal teenage girl, she and her sister were cheerleaders, they had tons of friends, an...
110K 2.6K 22
Annabelle (Bella) Gilbert is back, but not as a werewolf nor a human, as a Hybrid. After the events of Sacrafition and losing some of the most import...