You saved me (revising)

By UnofficialPessimist

completed More

Summary
New Apartment
Seeing Her
Thats What I Thought
The Big Fight
The Boy Next Door
Is This a Date?
When Things Go Wrong
No Way!
What Happens When I Can't Wake Up?
Keep Holding on
You Saved Me
You Can't Leave
The Best Day of My Life
I'm So Sorry Katniss
Come Home
Scavenger Hunt
Let's Party!
Home?!
Finally Home
This is Goodbye
Hopeless Love
Where's Peeta?
Little Rue
Reunited and Lost
Pain
Katniss
Peeta, Katniss, and a Baby
Shock
Preparing
Welcome Home
Leaving
Reunions
The Everdeens
A Day With Mrs. Everdeen
Hunting
Returning Back Home
Prim Meets Rue and Other News?
wedding and a date
visiting
bad news
date gone wrong
missing you
the news
everlark wedding
REAADDD
departure

Arriving

2.3K 64 9
By UnofficialPessimist

(peeta POV)

We get on the plane and start towards Afghanistan. Some girl sits next to me, she's in the same outfit as mine and I know she's joining us this year.

"Hi I'm Jordan Gunnman" she says while holding her hand out for me to shake.

"Peeta Mellark" I say taking her hand and smiling.

"Are you new here?" she asks

"Nope been here since I was 19" I say

"How old are you now?" she asks with a smile.

"20" I say

"Ohh hey me to do you have a girl back home?" of course she would ask me that a lot of women ask that.

"Yes I actually do, wanna see a picture?" I say and she nods I take the picture out and show her.

"She's so pretty was she sad to see you go?" I give her a sad smile and nod.

I take a deep breath then explain what happened, "she cried and sobbed and wouldn't let me go. It was hard to leave her. She's the love of my life and I miss her so much" I say looking at the picture the whole time.

"You two must really be in love" I smile and reply back with a "yeah, we are."

"Do you have a boyfriend back home?" She smiles and leans her head back.

"A husband" she says "I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye, he was working the night shift and I didn't get the time to go over to his work and say goodbye," she let's a tear fall.

"Did you tell him you were leaving?" I ask, thinking I could never do that to Katniss it would break my heart.

"Yeah, I wrote him a note told him not to worry about me, then I left. I did want to cry, but I sucked it up and kept moving.

"I'm sorry" I don't want to pity her, I just want her to feel better.

We talk for a bit and I fall asleep about an hour later. I wake up to a jerk and look at Jordan I've never been a fan of planes. I grip the sides of my seat and Jordan places a hand on mine.

"It's ok were just landing in Afghanistan, get ready to be at base," she says handing me my stuff.

"Thanks," I say and pull my bag on my shoulder.

We get off and I go to my bunk I always get and set my stuff down. "PEETA? HEY PEETA!!!" I hear one of my buddies calling, it's Cato.

"Hey, Cato, how are you doing man?" I ask smiling to see a familiar face. He gives me a big smile.

"Fantastic," he says and I think he has a reason why because why would you be fantastic if you are in Afghanistan? "Any particular reason?" I ask.

"I asked her bro, I asked her to marry me" I furrow my eyebrows, who is her?

"Who?" I ask? while unzipping my bag and unloading my things.

"CLOVE" he yells excitedly and now I Remember, the last time I was hear he told me about his girlfriend Clove and he told me how on his leave he was going to propose, well I left when he was on leave, so I never got to get what the answer was till now.

"Congrats man, I'm proud of you" I say patting his back.

"And I'm going to be a daddy" and that's when my mouth drops open.

"How many months in is she?" I ask "2 months" he says smiling his ass off and I chuckle.

"Congrats it looks like things are finally turning the way you wanted them to," I say facing him.

"How about you? did you ever find a girl yet?" he says with a smirk.

"I did," I say with the biggest smile on my face. He smirks, "show me a picture of her" I take out the picture and show him, his mouth drops open.

"Dude, she's hot like sexy hot where did you meet her?" I laugh a little at his comments.

"Number one, don't go liking my girl or anything and number two, she's my neighbor. Long story short we went on a date and now she's my girlfriend," I say smirking.

"I won't bro and congrats how did she handle you coming back to Afghanistan?" I swear if one more person asks this I'm going to let the tears flow.

"Not good, she cried and sobbed for about a good 10 minutes and probably right now too, but I can't do anything about that right now which breaks my heart to pieces" I say with a sad expression.

"Sorry dude" I look up at him with a sad smile.

"It's alright"

"Lights out ladies! We have a big day ahead of us tomorrow!" Colonial yells and the lights go out.

(Katniss POV)

I get home and I just cry I don't care about anything anymore, so I just cry. I want my Peeta back, I want him to hold me in his arms and to keep the nightmares away.

Annie had shown up right when I called her to help me get through this because I can't do anything about my nightmares anymore. I need comforting, they are always about losing Peeta and I dread them. Johanna has been staying over too, they take turns sleeping over and it helps a lot, although I'm always waking them up with nightmares. I bet they have barely got any sleep this past week because of me and i feel bad about it.

It's going to be a long few months until Peeta gets back.

👏👍👏👍👏👍👏👏👍👍👍👏

Sorry it's so short I'm tired and almost fell asleep three times writing this so imma go to bed now I'll make a longer chapter tomorrow.

Vote,comment, follow please

-Syd

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.2K 348 14
One shots of your favorite characters from the Hunger Games. Requests accepted!
74.2K 3K 40
Peeta Mellark lived in the city, his parents have retired and left the ENTIRE bakery to his older brother Rye so now, him, his parents, his friend Ca...
110 0 15
The interactions of Peeta Mellark and Katniss Everdeen, from the point of view of those around them. Pre-HG to Post-MJ
71.6K 1.1K 25
Katniss and Peeta growing back together at the end of Mockinjay after the war. Post-Mockingjay.