Bound To You

By IIJayIILovesBooks

"And in the mystification they realized that they were mates." Arabella Gardenia carries the world on her sho... More

Introduction
|Chapter 1|
|Chapter 2|
|Chapter 3|
|Chapter 4|
|Chapter 5|
|Chapter 6|
|Chapter 7|
|Chapter 8|
|Chapter 9|
|Chapter 10|
|Chapter 11|
|Chapter 13|
|Chapter 14|
|Chapter 15|
|Chapter 16|
|Chapter 17|
|Chapter 18|
|Chapter 19|
|Chapter 20|
|Chapter 21|
|Chapter 22|
|Chapter 23|
|Chapter 24|
|Chapter 25|
|Chapter 26 - part I|
|Chapter 26 - part II|
|Chapter 27|
|Chapter 28|
|Chapter 29|
|Chapter 30|
|Chapter 31|
|Chapter 32|
|Chapter 33|
|Chapter 34|
|Chapter 35|
|Chapter 36|
|Chapter 37|
|Chapter 38|
|Chapter 39|
|Chapter 40|
|Chapter 41|
|Chapter 42|
New Book
|Chapter 43|
Progression
REWRITE
IT HAS BEGUN

|Chapter 12|

9.5K 450 312
By IIJayIILovesBooks

||Disappointment: sadness or displeasure caused by the non-fulfilment of one's hopes or expectations.||

Arabella awoke the next day groggily as her stomach churned with regret. She peeled herself off the sofa of her sitting room, she had slept on. Her skin felt dry and itched, her hair was matted and her eyes stung. Arabella quickly went to shower off the chlorine from the pool that had clung to her body.

As she showered, she couldn't help but wonder what had made her drink so senselessly. Then it all came crashing in, Remnants of the day before, washed over her and made her head throb. She vaguely remembered the King was present yesterday in her house and she probably told him some things no one should tell the King.

After dressing into a grey armless, high neck dress and brushing her hair, Arabella decided it was only right that she apologize to him, after all he was the King. He had said so himself.

It was nine in the morning when she drove away from her home. Driving down the street, the castle gates were open when she drove in. She knew it would be since she had learnt that the King opened his kingdom to people who could visit to voice their problems and concerns.

Getting out of the car, she gave the keys to the valet as security quickly checked the car and she was led through a metal detector before she was guided inside by servant to the waiting area. The receptionist stood behind a large mahogany counter, looking quite flustered as she seemed to search for something.

"Good morning. I'm here to see the King." Arabella said confidently, snapping the receptionist out of her daze.

"Do you have an appointment?" the receptionist asked her cheeks red with embarrassment.

"I'm sorry I don't have one" Arabella replied politely.

"Okay please take a seat and wait your turn to see the King in the throne room." The receptionist said before she went back to searching. She had not taken the time to smell the royal scent of Arabella.

Arabella awkwardly took a seat and looked around the castle. There was close to fifty people in waiting area, they had immediately known she was of high importance and had unconsciously bowed their heads.

Arabella had never done this before, usually she had appointments made or people would let her see them first as she was first priority. She knew that that King would see her immediately too if she had told the receptionist to inform the King of her presence, but she had to have time to fabricate some sort of apology that would pacify the King's ego. Additionally she didn't have much to do, in fact, nothing at all.

It was close to twelve-thirty in the afternoon when the receptionist announced that the King would see no more people for the day. The people in the room all looked disappointed and some went to the receptionist demanding that they see the King and Arabella sat still silent as she looked on.

It was when the door of the throne room opened that the room was silenced, the King walked briskly out and was flanked by two men dressed in black suits. His presence engulfed the room with thick authority as everyone quickly bowed their heads in respect for their almighty King.

He was dressed in a dark grey suit that tailored to his muscular body, the black tie he wore contrasted with the white shirt he wore. His hair was combed uniformly back and his face was stern. Arabella would be lying if she said she didn't like what she saw.

"Arabella." The King said loudly, in a cold demeanor. He had noticed her scent as soon as he exited the room. It was pungent amongst the many intermingled scents.

"Yes My King." Arabella said stiffly, her head bowed too in respect for the King.

The King's eyes found her in no time and he stared at beauty as he walked towards her past all the bowed figures.

"We must talk." He said now in front of her. "I have some important things I need to discuss with you. Come with me." He commanded, leaving no room for argument.

"Yes My King." Arabella said in a firm voice as she quickly rose from her seat.

His hand gripped her wrist as he guided them through the crowd, his bodyguards still following closely behind. Arabella had picked up on his sly move, he knew she would not protest about him touching her, for he knew she would not disrespect him in public, and he was right.

He took her to the large Victorian style dining room of the castle. It had a long mahogany table with around sixty chairs. Two large chandeliers hung from the ceiling above the table. The King's two guards had been told to leave to give them some privacy.

It was obvious where the King was to sit as there was one chair that looked like a throne that was placed at the end of the table. Arabella still allowed the king to hold her hand even though they were not still in public. He led her toward the chairs and pulled out his throne chair for her to sit.

She took a seat as the King moved to the chair next to her. His face now turning into a worried expression as he took her hand with both of his.

"Is something wrong?" He asked as he examined her to make sure that she was not hurt. His voice was soft and filled with worry.

"If something is wrong you should have let the receptionist tell me. I would not have allowed you to wait with the commoners." He said.

"Nothing is wrong." Arabella answered.

"You still should have let the receptionist call me." He said cutting her off.

"I just wanted to apologize for my behavior yesterday. I am sorry if I insulted you. My disrespect was not intended" She said passively.

The King looked at her with a pained expression, as he remembered the day before. What had she told him? She wondered. But alas she could not remember and she would not ask.

"It has been forgiven." He said with a grave expression, "Now I must discuss some things with you." He said trying to change the topic.

"A very close friend of my family and my trainer, Vladimir Abram, has personally requested your presence when he arrives in two days." The King said to Arabella, he was curious to how they knew each other.

"You shall attend all his requested events for he does not usually ask for people, I shall comply with his demands." The King ordered her.

Vladimir was Arabella's godfather and trainer. She knew he trained the King too and was a close friend of their family. She felt her heart pump sorrow in her blood that ran in her veins. She was a disappointment and failed her beloved godfather. Her face was unknowingly set in a frown when the King asked her worriedly, "What is wrong love?"

He quickly realized he was forcing her to do this when he knew nothing about the relationship she shared with Vladimir.

"You need not go if you do not want to." He said quickly trying to cheer her up.

She sat silent as she tried to suppress her emotions and tears. She would not cry in front of him and show him any of her emotions. She had been successful in suppressing them before she was sure she could do it again.

The King had noticed her demeanor though and was quickly working on a solution. "Come, let us dine together. You must be hungry if you were waiting that long."

Indeed she was hungry, but she did not want to have lunch with him. She couldn't handle seeing him right now. He was the reason she was a disappointment.

"I'm sorry, I can't. I need to be somewhere right now." She said to him and he instantly frowned.

"You must not say no to your King this often." He teased.

"Just please have lunch with me?" he pleaded.

Her heart hurt to hear her King beg for something, she was his mate and one of his subjects, her first duty was to serve him.

"I could stay for a short period." She replied reluctantly as her resolve broke.

His mouth immediately formed a large grin as he was happy his mate was finally accepting him even though it was just her agreeing to lunch. Arabella was somewhat satisfied that she had made the King, her mate happy, but she was still sad that she would have to confront her disappointed godfather.

*******************************************************************************

Things are looking up for the king!

But what about this Godfather?

Do you think King is softening Arabella?

How long do you think Arabella is going to hold out?

Do you think Arabella will forgive the king soon?

Comment and vote if you liked this chapter.

❤️Jay

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 299 21
Book #2 of the ALPHA tetralogy. Can be read as a STAND-ALONE. •¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥•¥• Brakhella Rodriguez. The weak link of the stronge...
137K 6.4K 25
"What am I?" She croaks, indicating to her white fur and four legs. I smiles,"Sweetheart, your a werewolf." She growls,"No I'm not." I bow my head,"O...
290K 8K 42
He growled as he pushed me against the wall, "You're mine and you can't leave!" "I'm not anyone's and I can leave if I want." I starred straight in...
933K 30.8K 42
Highest ranking - #1 in Werewolf #2 in Attraction "Damn Bella, why the hell are you so stubborn?! You are my mate and if I want to mark you, I will f...