The Crescent

By smammmers

I’m a rogue, what can I say? Born into the Crescent Pack, my parents disowned me, convincing the Alpha to ba... More

Synopsis
Prologue
Chapter 1, Another Day of Hell
Chapter 2, Rogue vs Rogues
Chapter 3, Alpha Cody
Chapter 4, Cake For Breakfast!
Chapter 5, Part of a Pack
Chapter 6, The Happenings of Yellowknife
Chapter 7, The Ginger Wolf With The White Sock
Chapter 8, Deal With The Devil
Chapter 9, Meet The Parents
Chapter 10, The Strange Stench
Chapter 11, Claimed
Chapter 12, Forced Meeting With The Parents
Chapter 13, Another White Wolf
Chapter 14, The Ginger Wolf With The White Sock
Chapter 15, Halo vs Need For Speed
Chapter 16, Night On The Town
Chapter 17, Kidnapped
Chapter 18, It's War Then!
Chapter 19, Vera vs Dingo
Chapter 20, An Uptight Pack
Chapter 21, Cell Buddies
Chapter 22, Prison Riot
Chapter 23, The Official Meeting
Chapter 24, Coming Home
Chapter 25, Rocky The Flying Squirrel
Chapter 26, Facing Reality
Chapter 27, The Tenacious Beta
Chapter 28, Dead White Wolf
Chapter 29, An Interesting Day
Chapter 30, Day On The Town
Chapter 31, Mates
Chapter 32, Official Luna
Chapter 33, Home Again.....
Chapter 34, Putting On My Game Face
Chapter 35, The War Is On!
Chapter 36, Post War Meetings
Chapter 37, Chasing Gerald
Chapter 38, The Human Colony
Chapter 40, Still Alive
Chapter 41, Coming to Terms
Chapter 42, Just a Sip
Epilogue
Sequel and Author's Note

Chapter 39, Unexpected Reunion

21.4K 756 39
By smammmers

Chapter 39

Stopping just on the edge of town, the guys seemed too concerned for my wellbeing as I jumped out, pretty much in the middle of nowhere although there were a few shops close by.

‘Are you sure you’ll be okay on your own’.

Sighing, this question had been asked ever since we stopped, I just wanted to be rid of these humans before I choked them to death.

‘Yes, for the last time, I will survive; now get back to your family before they think you’re missing’.

Ryle tried to pull me into a hug which I immediately backed away from, his body almost tripping like he hadn’t expected it.

Looking at me disappointed, he pulled a small piece of paper from his pocket; I already knew what it was going to be, hopefully this meant they’d leave me alone now if I took it.

‘Here, take this; if you need our help again, this my number, don’t be afraid to call me’.

Winking as he said this, Ryle really was too desperate for this own good.  Taking the piece of paper and sliding it into my back jean pocket, I smiled politely; my insides telling me to hurry up as the men piled back into the car.

The car now speeding back down the road, Kurt honked as Ryle practically had his whole body hanging out the window waving.

Waving politely back, as soon as the car was gone from sight, I began searching around for Gerald’s scent, growing annoyed the humans had wasted so much of my time.

Finally getting something faster than I had expected, Gerald seemed to have followed the highway for a bit, his scent still very strong being the only reason why I could smell it among these human’s barbaric stenches.

Jogging along the footpath, the few glances I got from people in passing cars told me I needed to get off the highway before I drew more attention; I was dressed not exactly normal and I looked well above average for these humans as it was.

Following Gerald’s scent, he finally had ended up darting across the highway as I took off along it, hearing horns blaring in every direction as I touched the pavement on the other side, my head looking back to see cars all over the road.

Ooops……….

Hearing them yelling curse words at me, I turned around now following Gerald’s scent into what seemed like the heart of the city; the tall buildings leaving me in awe as I passed them.

People walked by hastily with weird black bags and wearing suits I could only describe as hot in this sort of weather.

Everyone looked me over, trying to make their look discreet but I could sense everyone’s eyes looking at me as I picked up to a jog again, growing uncomfortable with so many eyes watching me.

Running into what seemed like an alleyway or side street, I didn’t know what these humans would call it, Gerald’s scent was so strong it was like he was here and as soon as my eyes landed on a familiar figure talking to someone I froze.

Standing right there was Gerald, his back to me as he spoke to some other guy; from the smell of it, it was another wolf but what were wolves doing this south of our land?

Standing there, I didn’t go unnoticed as the two men stopped talking briefly and the wolf gestured behind Gerald, Gerald’s eyes soon meeting mine as he turned around.

‘Well look who it is, you followed me all the way here Vera; I’m impressed’.

Growling, any wolf could easily pick up my threatening sound whereas a human would just think I was coughing, the growl was that subtle.

The anger was beginning to boil inside me once more, the mere sight of this wolf making me want to tear him apart but we weren’t supposed to let humans know of our existence so this alleyway wasn’t exactly a good place to start.

Gesturing for me to walk forward with his finger, I shook my head; my feet planted where I stood, Gerald didn’t seem to take to this too lightly either as him and the other wolf exchanged a glance before they took off running up the alleyway.

My wolf immediately pushing me on to chase them, I took off after them, their human forms pushing them as they jumped over the large wall, my wolf soon following behind as I stopped at the top.

Gerald looked back briefly, his eyes daring me to follow him as him and his friend ran between the buildings, their human forms aiming towards the tree line on the edge of town as they circled around.

Hoping back down from the wall, I ran back the way I’d come, almost confused when I didn’t see them pop out of the alleyway I was expecting.

Slowly walking in there, this one was definitely dangerous to humans, the deserted feel of it, telling me Gerald would be hiding in here somewhere, hoping I’d go away.

Stepping towards the end of the alleyway, I sniffed the air, catching Gerald’ scent straight away as a firm pair of arms grabbed me from behind trying to bring me down.

‘You just don’t know when to quit do you Vera’?

His strangling hold on my neck was making me want to go wolf to kick his ass.  Gerald’s arms were beginning to suffocate me as his hold tightened, his face brushing up against my ear making me want to attack.

‘How long can you stay human for Vera, I bet only a few minutes with that little temper you carry around’?

His knee digging at my butt, my hands grabbed hold of his arms, the growl escaping my throat completely involuntary.

‘You deserve to die Gerald’.

Pushing with all my weight backwards, the two of us fell to the ground, Gerald breaking my fall as I landed on him, his arms still tight around my throat.

Kicking and squirming, the other wolf was just standing in front of us, his face telling me he was clearly amused with what he watching.

My teeth managing to grab hold of Gerald’s arm, I bit down hard, Gerald’s hold immediately releasing on me as I got to my feet, my eyes darting between the two wolves.

‘Nice handy work Vera, you put up more of a fight than Cody ever would’.

As soon as the words left Gerald’s mouth, he was on his feet, my mind trying to tell my wolf to calm but it wasn’t happening as I began to shift; the clothes tearing to shreds on the ground as I growled at Gerald.

‘Exactly one minute Vera, you always did have an attitude problem’.

Jumping at Gerald, he ducked out of the way fast; his human now taking off towards the highway at a sprint.

Watching as I forced my wolf to believe ewe couldn’t be seen by humans, Gerald was simply standing on the other side of the highway, skipping around like this was some game; the other wolf had already taken off into the trees though telling me that’s where they were headed.

I could hear Gerald’s yelling from where I stood, the guy wasn’t going to get away with this.

‘Come on Vera, wouldn’t want your precious Alpha to die in vain would we, he was so weak and pathetic’.

His words being enough to anger me, my wolf flew out of the alleyway and onto the road; loud noises surrounding us as I couldn’t focus on anything other than Gerald.

Just as I was almost at the other side of the road, something heavy slammed into the side of me, knocking me to the ground as I barrel rolled a few times.

My head feeling a little foggy from whatever had just happened the high pitched scream told me a human had seen me as I tried to get to my feet; my body crying out in pain.

Somehow managing to make my back legs respond, I looked to my right seeing a truck stopped in the middle of the road, the large dent in its grill telling me I had just being hit by it.

The loud gunshot from behind me ricocheting off the road told me one of the humans definitely wasn’t happy with me and was now trying to shoot me with something as I took off chasing after Gerald into the trees.

The gunshots still echoed for a certain time as my wolf grew angrier, the pain in our chest making her only more furious with Gerald.

I didn’t have to run very far as I come across his human standing there, just waiting for me with his arms opened as I jumped at him, my teeth ready to tear him apart.

Closing the distance mid-air, I wasn’t focused I was only attacking not actually fighting where I was paying attention to my surroundings.

Something hard slammed into the other side of me, my wolf being hurled into the dirt, this time though I knew it was another wolf, it was Gerald’s friend who had jumped me.

Giving my wolf control, not knowing exactly how to win in this situation, she immediately whipped my head around to try and bite into the strange wolf, his dirty grey fur, being a blur as he quickly leapt off me, avoiding my blows.

I could hear and see in the corner of my eye, Gerald now bowing as he took off into the trees yelling.

‘Have fun Vera, I’m sure we’ll see each other again soon’.

My wolf losing that second of focus listening to his words, the grey wolf lunged at me, his teeth ripping fur from my back as I was too slow to duck out of the way.

Jumping back to attack, my wolf charged at the grey wolf, his wolf now lunging back as our bodies connected, teeth trying to rip at each other’s fur as our claws scrapped against the other’s fur.

My teeth managing to grab the edge of the wolf’s neck, I tore the skin I could reach, the blood beginning to ooze instantly from him as he pushed his weight against me, our wolves falling in a heap in the dirt.

Teeth scraping and claws cutting, my wolf somehow got the upper hand, her teeth taking his neck as soon as he let us.

Teeth digging into the wolf’s neck, he whimpered for a second before knowing what was about to happen as my wolf broke his neck, the instant pain causing him to die not long after.

Something told me, he had let us have the upper hand but something else also told me, he had been distracted so now running in the direction Gerald had went, I kept my eyes peeled, waiting for another wolf to jump me.

Gerald wasn’t actually that far into the forest, I could smell we were nearing that human cap and it worried me what Gerald’s plans were.

Stopping abruptly as I saw the scene ahead of me, Gerald was still human, a small knife in his hand, his arms holding Lacy to him.

The humans looked at me, the smell of fear easily recognisable as they examined my white wolf and the blood that covered my fur.

‘Don’t come any closer Vera!  I don’t care about laws; I will kill this human if you come any closer’.

 Standing at the edge of the camp, my teeth snapped at Gerald, the smirk on his face knowing that he had me now.

Lacy was screaming from the terror, water running down her cheeks as she whimpered softly and was pleading with Gerald.

The small kid James was pointing at me in awe, his face telling me he wasn’t quite so sure I was friendly now as John held his boy to him, not wanting me near them.

‘Doggy’

Gerald didn’t interrupt the humans as they looked between me and James and now figured out what he was talking about.

Ryle the thickest of the lot was actually the first to put it together, his eyes now meeting mine as he saw the familiarity.

‘Holy shit!  James wasn’t kidding, that’s one huge ass wolf’.

Gerald chuckled before he threw Lacy against the men, her screaming interrupting my thoughts as Gerald now bolted further into the trees; his voice yelling behind him as I stood there.

‘You befriended the humans, nice job Vera, how are you going to explain that’!

Hearing him laugh, I flew past the humans, my wolf chasing Gerald further into the trees and as soon as were out of the human’s sight, he quickly shifted now turning to fight me head on.

His plain old sandy fur, looking no better than it ever did, my wolf stalking his actions as Gerald wanted for me to approach.

We could no longer communicate as wolves obviously because Gerald had left the pack but I really did hope he felt just how angry I was right now.

Lunging at him, my wolf put all her effort into that one stride; she was so confident she could win, so confident she could do the same to Gerald as she had to Seth.

My teeth brushed past Gerald as he took what seemed like the smallest step to the side, the action alarming me as I realised I had just given him the upper hand; his teeth now grabbing onto my back as he threw me against a tree.

Already injured after being hit by that truck and fighting that other rogue wolf, I wasn’t as fast as I normally was, the impact of hitting the tree, leaving me trying to get up for a longer period than it would normally take.

My vision was hazy for a minute as I counted the distance between Gerald and me, before he charged, my wolf not having the chance to get away, his head ramming me into the tree once more.

Letting out a yelp of pain, Gerald backed away immediately, avoiding the sharp teeth trying to graze his skin.

Walking circles around me, it was like he wanted a fair fight as he waited for me to regain my composure shaking off the pain as I went back to my stalking position.

My head strung low; I watched Gerald’s actions, his eyes watching me curiously.  Trying to take a deep breath, I was trying to think strategy, just as Gerald jumped at me again, my wolf managing to get out of the way just in time as Gerald’s teeth grabbed hold of my tail.

Now pulling me back, my wolf spun around managing to tear the smallest section from his shoulder, whilst Gerald bit down harder on my tail, now trying to drag me.

Bucking as I hoped my back feet would connect with Gerald, he let go surprising me as he jumped onto my back, my wolf falling down unable to hold both our weight.

Gerald was now standing over me, this hadn’t even been much of a fight, I hadn’t even fought back.

His teeth grazing my neck as I fought against him, Gerald was just playing with me, he knew he had won in that one move, he knew he could end my life right now.

If he killed me now, I would join Cody wherever he was, that small fact made me happy but at the same time sad that I was leaving a pack I had only just come to know.

Gerald must have sensed my lack of fear, his teeth immediately now grabbing into my upper back, his teeth sinking as I yelped trying to pull away from his pain.

‘You lose Vera’

So Gerald really hadn’t left my pack that was surprising; he only chose now to talk to me as he withdrew his teeth now digging into my spine.

‘You will die slowly Vera, you deserve every ounce of pain you feel, I hope you lay here and rot’.

Yelping again, I wanted to call to Cody, for him to come save me but he was dying, he couldn’t help me.

I had turned my back no very wolf that cared about me as I felt Gerald’s teeth now grabbing at my neck; his teeth digging where they wouldn’t puncture an artery but would cause me severe pain either way.

Ripping the large piece of skin out, my head dropped to the ground; my vision was becoming too hazy now, the pain was overwhelming.

I felt as Gerald got off me, my body seeming paralysed as I tried to retaliate.

I couldn’t physically lift my weight; it felt like my body was still being crushed by a large weight when really I was the only thing stopping myself.

I watched as Gerald walked around to face me, his sandy fur now covered in my blood; ‘sleep well Vera’.

Lifting my head to let out one last desperate attempt to ask for help, the small howl that left my lips was crumbled by my coughing, the sound not even carrying that far as I watched Gerald, my teeth still wanting to rip him apart.

Resembling the image of a man chuckling, Gerald now turned to walk away from me before I heard something I didn’t even know possible; a howl returned my cry for help and I knew it well, he was coming to save me; how I didn’t know.

---------

Couldn;t help myself, this story is really closer to the end now.  Now I better do these assignments, there is another chpater half finished so I might have one up Thursday or something.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 22.9K 20
Sadness. That's what my life felt like before I left. Let's start with who I am. My name is Eden Rose, the Beta's daughter. I'm part of the Midni...
164K 7.2K 98
[BEING REWRITTEN] What would you do if you learned about your bloodline? What would you do if you found out the hot guy you ran into was your mate? W...
3.3K 106 18
I'm an angel and my story starts when I find my self alone in a forest, I can't remember anything about my past. For years I've fended for myself unt...
1.9M 48.9K 46
Today's the day I'm supposed to find my mate. He was the most gorgeous guy with black hair and blue eyes that was the color of the ocean. He smiled a...