My Little World

Galing kay Jayashree_07

He looked at her the way she needed to be looked at. The whole world could crumble but he wouldn't blink. She... Higit pa

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Final Chapter

Chapter Fifteen

3.9K 150 7
Galing kay Jayashree_07

Tara's POV

I opened the door to our apartment and jumped in surprise as soon as I saw Xavier sitting on the couch and watching TV.

"You know I gave that key in case of emergency, not to scare me."

He laughed and got up to kiss me "I didn't mean to. I just wanted to see Emma before heading home but no one was home so I decided to wait."

I kept my purse and all the paperwork on the dinner table deciding to complete it later in peace and quiet "Oh yes. She has gone to a wedding with Jess. Some colleague of hers"

"And left you all alone?"

"Well my daughter loves wedding so she really doesn't care much about me when it comes to being a part of one."

I took water out of the fridge and pour it for myself. I took the class and came to sit next to him on the couch.

"We should have a sleepover." Xavier said with his smug smile.

"Haha but no. I've a lot of work and I want to do it before Emma returns"

Xavier didn't reply although I could feel the gears in his brain spinning trying to come up with something.

"I've a farmhouse on the outskirts of the city. We should go there."

"Impromptu getaway?"

"Yes. It'll be fun and relaxing and you could seriously use a break from all the working."

I thought about it and he was right I do need a little break from all work at office and being a mother everyday. "Fine. I'll inform Jess and let her know"

"You do that and I'll get the necessary arrangements done. I'll pick you up in an hour"

I nodded and he left.

I jumped and called Jessica to inform about my plan and she was more than happy to take care of Emma for me. I quickly packed my stuff and waited for Xavier to come.

The ride was long and after the long day I had at work, there was no way I was able to stay awake throughout. I felt asleep after a little while and Xavier had to carry me to his farmhouse.

I woke up after my nice little nap and it was already dinner time. I came downstairs and Xavier was sitting on the porch. His farmhouse was too colourful for his taste which means Sapphire had a little bit of contribution in the decor. It wasn't very big or flashy like the farmhouses you see in the movies or television. It was kind of cozy and had a homely feel to it. I liked it.

"Hey you're up." Xavier said breaking the train of my thoughts "I'll order some food"

"Or I can cook?" I suggested. I may not be the best chef in the world but I survive.

"You can?"

"Yes I can. I'm not going to make something fancy or anything since I'm not that good" I searched the kitchen for the available ingredients "I can whip up a pasta with the available ingredients real quick."

"Are you sure? We can always order."

I poured him a glass of wine and gave it to him "You enjoy this and watch me cook" He smiled and nodded.

He obliged me and watched me cook. We ate our food on the porch watching the view in complete yet comfortable silence. I loved the feeling, it was exactly what I need from all the work stress that I've had recently.

I woke up and the clock read 10 am. It is the most I've slept in the past few weeks. I haven't had such peaceful night in such a long time without all the stress and deadlines and Emma's school and my office and everything. There was a note on the side table beside the clock, I picked up and read it.

Breakfast is in the kitchen and I'm in the pool.
See you.

X.

It is pool day and I like it. I showered and dressed in a maroon bikini and wore a shrug over it. I ate my breakfast, which was complete bliss since I could eat peacefully without forcing Emma each bite. Don't get me wrong, I love being mother but sometimes it is just so overwhelming and all you want is a time out.

I made my way to the pool and found Xavier already inside it. His entire body was on display and my mouth went dry just looking at him. The water droplets were flowing from every muscle as he swam and it was incredibly sexy. I felt as if everything around me was happening in slow motion and I'm freezed to watch every bit of it. It was literally slow torture.

I always knew he had an attractive face and a nice body but looking at every inch of his body made me think that nice is not a word to justify his glorious body. He was dripping of sex and I felt like my entire body was on fire. Although we have been dating for over a month, Xavier and I still haven't had sex. I don't know the exact reason why but I just don't feel that intimate connection yet and I want to wait till I'm entirely sure about our relationship. I don't want to make the same mistakes I made in the past. I want to be careful this time but watching him swim in this state is making me question my own intentions.

"Take a picture. It'll last longer" Xavier said with his smug smirk breaking me from my very inappropriate thoughts.

I snorted "Don't flatter yourself"

He laughed and made my way to the edge of the pool. I put my feet in the pool and let it relax. I'm not much of a swimmer but I love beaches and pool. Something about water calms my nerves.

"You're not going to join me?"

I shook my head "I'm not a very good swimmer so I'll just hang out by the edge"

"You can come, I'll not let you drown"

"I know but still I'm not trusting my swimming capabilities. I'm not very confident about them."

He nodded and swam his way. It was like a treat watching him swim. He was indeed a great swimmer and he had no problem on flaunting that. If this is his way of pick up lines, I'm super impressed.

He swam towards me and I smiled softly at him bending down to kiss him which lasted only a second because he held my foot and dragged me inside the water. It was slipt second and I thought I was literally gonna die drowning in the pool. I couldn't think straight until a strong pair of arms held me close and help me steady myself.

I looked at Xavier and smacked him on his chest "Idiot. I could've died"

He rolled his eyes "Don't be overdramatic"

"Still. You are an idiot"

He looked at me and then his eyes fell onto my lips. He smirked and me and then bend down to lock his lips with mine. Even though I was still a little fazed by the pulling me inside I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the way Xavier was apologizing.

His lips moved like they were meant to make mine happy. His hands found their way on my hips burning my skin with current with his soft touch. He bit my lower lip seeking for permission to get inside. I opened my mouth and he kissed me with even more passion this time. Every nerve in my body was on fire and screaming his name. It was unbelievable how much effect this man had on me that I couldn't control myself in his presence.

His kisses trail to jaw to my neck and his hands explore my bare back. I was on some planet where everything else has disappeared and it's just Xavier and his hot mouth giving me the best of life. 

I held him for support since I'm pretty sure my legs are jelly by now and I can't think straight, let alone walk straight with him kissing me with so much passion. Even though what I thought was cruel but he deserved it after dragging me to the pool and I've to have some sort of control. His kisses trail my bare shoulder and I shivered in his touch. Before he could make me any more crazy, I splashed him.

His eyes widen and then he narrowed his eyes onto me "You splashed me?"

"You pulled me into the pool" I tried to explain.

"And of all the time you decided this was the best time for revenge?" He asked in disbelief

"I wanted to catch you off guard like you did."

"Unbelievable" he shook his head and for a second I thought he is mad. I freaked and before I could apologize he splashed me too.

I yelled in surprise and then laughed at him. We kept playing for a while until we realized it was enough.

I showered and got dress in a white maxi dress with a front slit.

We made lunch together and watch a movie alongside. After the long day in the pool I was tired and most of my energy had drained out so I decided to sleep.

I woke up to find Xavier nowhere and figured he must be on the porch. I went the fridge, took out a chilled beer and made my way to the porch.

"I see you had a good sleep" Xavier said

"You could've woken me up. I think overslept"

"You looked so peaceful sleeping, I couldn't wake you up."

I smiled at his words and looked at the stars while drinking my beer. It was completely silent around us yet it was comforting in it's own way. It felt like one those moments where you look through yourself and decide what you want. I had to look beyond my insecurities and fear and think if I can trust Xavier completely.

"Can I ask you a question? You don't have to answer if you don't want to" Xavier spoke softly breaking the silence. I nodded "How did you meet Emma's father?"

The moment he asked me that, all the wheels in my brain starting turning trying to figure out how to give him a answer that won't raise more questions. It was the exact moment I had to decide whether I want to trust him with the important thing in my life or not.

"He was a fashion photographer and we met at a party of a common friend. He introduced himself and he wanted me to model for him, for some reason he liked my Indian face and thought it was perfect for his assignments but I refused.."

"What the hell are you doing in my office?" She asked being annoyed and surprised at the same time.

"To meet you. I want you to-"

"I said no. I'm not going to do any stupid modelling assignment for you"

"Why?" He asked desperately

"Listen, I'm still studying okay? This is my internship and after that I'm going to go back home, I don't plan on staying here forever. Moreover I'm not interested. Please spare me and leave. I don't want my boss knowing you're here to offer me some modelling contract."

"It is just one assignment. You've the perfect face for it and I'm very desperate here. You're go earn so much more as a model than an interior designer. Come on" he pleaded and Tara got more annoyed each second.

"This is the eighth time I'm rejecting you and you're so stubborn that every time I reject your offer you come up with some other excuse to convince me. For the last time, I'm not interested."

He smiled "You're really hard to crack? Do you say no to every question?"

"No" I said immediately and he raised his eyebrow "What is your other question?"

"Will you go on a date with me?"

"What? No. I don't know you. I'm not going on any date with you."

He smirked at her and Tara knew it was because she said no "I'm not asking you to marry me. It's one day, if you don't like me I won't show my face again. I'm not leaving until you say yes to either of my offer" he folded his arms and stood stubbornly.

Tara sighed "Will you leave if I agree to go out with you?" He nodded "Fine. I'll go on a date with you"

"I'm really impressed by you and I just want you for this

"It was our first date. Then we started dating. I loved him and I thought he did too. It was until.." I trailed thinking about that day which I've deep buried in my mind, never letting it haunt me again.

"What happened?"

I looked at him and even though the words were on the tip of my tongue I couldn't speak. We're happy, he's happy, I'm finally happy after a long time and telling him might change this forever. The selfish part inside me kept telling me that I shouldn't spoil my blissful life but I've to trust someone, someday and say those words out loud that I've kept buried for years.

"I fou-" I was about to tell him when my phone rang cutting me off. It was Jessica. I excused myself and picked up the phone.

"Hey T. How's everything?" She spoke from the other side.

"Hey. Everything is great. You tell me how's the wedding? Is Emma okay?"

"Awesome. Emma is loving it. Your daughter sure loves big fat wedding. She's a complete ball of sunshine around here." I smiled knowing how much Emma loves wedding.

"Where's she?"

"She's sleeping she was really tired."

"Okay"

"All okay? You sound weird?"

I sighed and I know she knew something was up "Xavier asked me about Emma's Dad"

She gasped "Did you tell him? Did you tell him the story?"

"I was about to but then you can't and I realized how stupid idea it was. We have just known each other for a few months and it'll basically spoil every good thing that has happened since Xavier came into my life and not to forget how badly this might effect Emma."

"Sweetie, I know you're scared that this might be the end of all but you can be wrong. He really likes you and maybe he isn't going to run for the hills after knowing about everything. At some point you'll have to trust someone just as much you trust yourself."

I hummed and then hung up. I know she's right, at some point I'll have to look beyond my gear and face the reality of the situation. I can't just hide it from Xavier till the end of time.

"All okay?" He asked as I sat down.

"Yes. Just regular check-up"

"You were telling me about your ex before Jessica called. So what happened?" Curiosity evident in his voice.

"Emma happened and then he bailed and has never looked back" I told him the half truth of the situation but I couldn't help myself.

He didn't say anything, he just held me close and I heard his heart beating. I felt horrible at not being able to tell him the one thing he asked about Emma's father honestly. Even though it was selfish and manifestation of my undefinable fear, I kept convincing myself that I did it to protect the one person who means the world to me.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

8.7K 141 30
"I'm not scared of you, I'm scared of history repeating itself" I whispered out. He grabbed my chin to make me look him in the eye, "I didn't hear yo...
9.2K 381 9
ππ€πŠπ”π’ππ”π€πƒ π„ππƒπ„π€π‘πŒπ„ππ“ π’π„π‘πˆπ„π’ ; 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟏 [COMPLETED] α΄˜Κ€α΄Κœα΄‡Κ€α΄ α΄‹ΙͺΚ€ΙͺsʜΙͺᴍᴀ ᴇΙͺᴊΙͺʀᴏ x sΙͺΙ΄Ι’ΚŸα΄‡ α΄α΄α΄›Κœα΄‡Κ€ ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ As a single parent, yo...
234K 5.3K 36
When bad things happen there must come a silver lining because, without one, there is no moving forward, however, for Iris, it's not all so easy. On...
407K 11.3K 26
||COMPLETED|| "I love you..." I had whispered. I sat there staring into the eyes I've come to know as beautiful. I smiled at her. A small smile crep...