Broken

Af baylee12599

Skylar, a junior at Welmont High isn't your normal girl. Being abused both physically and mentally by almost... Mere

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68

Chapter 42

3.2K 66 4
Af baylee12599

SKYLAR POV!!!!

I woke up the next morning and remembered what he had told me. 

I love you, I love you so much. You are forever safe

I stood and saw red roses with a note. I smiled and grabbed it. 

Hey baby girl,
If you are reading this then I am not home yet. I went to get some breakfast, my uncle went to work early this morning. I will be back soon, I love you.

I set the note down and then smelled the roses. Memories of my dad filled my head and I began to cry. I looked down at myself and went into the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. Dark circles under my eyes, my cheek bones showed, my skin was dry and pale. I looked dead..

What does he see in me?

Why does he care so much?

I just do not understand. I shut the door and just sat down on his bed again. The tears just rolled down my cheeks and my body felt like shutting down. I closed my eyes and everything just died, I felt dead. I felt like nothing really mattered. 

_____________________________________________________________________

GHOSTLY FORM

I was next to my body. I'm dead once again, I heard the car door shut and a few minutes later he walked in. He saw me lying there and chuckled while walking over to me. He ran his fingers through my hair. 

"Princess," he whispered, "hey Sky, come on, lets eat."

He pressed his lips to my forehead and then his facial expression went blank. He gripped my arms and he looked scared. 

"Skylar," he said, "Skylar!"

I wanted to cry and just hug him but I was dead. I can't just go back within a few minutes, I have to wait a while. He picked me up and I followed him to  his car. He laid me in the back seat gently and then ran to his side. He called 911 and told them about everything. He then drove very quickly to the hospital and took me in. They took me back and I just stayed with him. He sat in a room by his self and I watched him cry for the first time. I sat down in front of him and set my hand on his cheek. He looked up and it was like he was staring right at me. It was so weird, but heart warming. I kissed his cheek and then just sat down next to him.

"Skylar," he said, "if you are here..please come back. I need you..Skylar please."

He put his head back into his hands and just cried. I heard a yell and I went to where my body was. 

"She is leaving!" a doctor screamed, "she is leaving us! Come on Skylar!"

I laid down on my body and nothing happened. I started to get worried..

What was happening??

I watched as the time went by. Two and half hours since they have been trying. I laid back down once more and it worked. 

_______________________________

BACK TO THE PRESENT...

My eyes opened and I saw the bright lights. My breathing got faster and Austin came into my eyesight. The tears began to run down my cheeks and I just looked at him. 

"Hey baby girl," he whispered, "how are you feeling?"

"Austin?" I asked. 

I felt his hand touch the side of my face and slowly wrapped his arms around my neck. 

"I..I was with you," I cried, "I touched your cheek."

"I felt like you were there," he said. 

"I am so sorry," I cried, "I just shut my eyes and everything was gone. I am so sorry."

"Don't be sorry princess," he said, "hey it's okay. Everything is okay. You were right here the whole time, you didn't go anywhere."

"When can we leave?" I asked.

"Actually," he said, "we will be here for a few days..unless I can talk them out of it. They want to make sure that you are stable."

"I am fine," I sniffled. 

"Babe," he said.

"Austin please," I looked down.

"Princess I really think it'll be safer," he said. 

"They will call my dad," I cried, "he will come here and take me Austin..he will literally kill me."

He ran his fingers through his hair and walked out of the room. I exhaled and leaned my head back. I watched the clock and it felt like forever before he came back in. 

"Tonight okay?" he sighed, "I don't like this. I don't want to go home with you and find you again. That was terrible."

"I saw the roses," I said, "I read the note. I love you too."

Tears welled in his eyes and I set my hand on his cheek. I watched them fall and I just hugged him. 

"Austin," I whispered, "it is okay. I love you..I love you so so much and I really appreciate you being here. You are so amazing and I love you and thank you. Don't cry..everything is okay."

"I found you," he shook, "I found you and you were gone Skylar..you wouldn't wake up. You were really gone and I knew that and I couldn't do anything. I didn't know how to help you. I didn't-

"You did," I said, "I was right there with you. I heard you and watched what you did. I watched you lay me down in the back of the car. I watched all of that Austin."

He just looked at me, "that is really so weird."

I smiled and chuckled a bit which made him smile as well. 

"When?" I asked. 

"Well," he said, "anytime after six."

I looked at the clock which read 5:46. 

"We go at 6:01," I said. 

He sighed and grabbed his hand. I set it over my heart. 

"Feel that?" I asked, "you are the reason it is beating right now."

A small smile spread across his face and I felt him kiss my cheek. I looked up at the clock which turned 6 and I looked at him. 

"Okay," I said, "come on."

He just looked at me and I looked at him back. He helped me up and then grabbed a wheelchair. He then helped me down and I just sat there while he wheeled me out to his car and helped me inside. He walked around to the drivers side and sat down while putting the key in to the ignition. He ran his fingers through his hair and leaned his head against the steering wheel. I set my hand over his and I watched his entire body relax. He looked over at me; I saw the sadness in his eyes. I wanted to just kiss him and hold him and tell him that everything is okay. He just kept his eyes on me and then slowly got out of the car. 

He helped me inside, it was hard to stand, let alone walk. We get inside and he just carried me to his room. I sat down on his bed and he walked into the bathroom. I watched him as he set his hands on the sink and let out a loud sigh. He looked at himself in the mirror and then looked down. I stood up and walked slowly to him. He had taken his shirt off and he was just in sweats. I wrapped my arms around him from behind and pressed my lips against his back. 

"It'll be okay," I said, "I promise you."

He turned around and hugged me. He picked me up off the ground and set me down on the edge of the sink. He looked into my eyes and I wanted him to kiss me. I wanted to feel his touch on me, I wants to feel his hands. I wanted him..

I don't know what has come over me these past few weeks with me. I have just been craving him; his presence, touch, lips and hands. I have just wanted him around me, on me. I know that makes me seem like a whore but I really can't help it. 

"It's okay to kiss me," I said, "you don't have to be scared."

"Are you sure?" he asked, "I really just don't want to make you uncomfortable."

"You won't," I shook, "ever."

He nodded, "good to know."

The air was tight between us, tense and harsh. I wanted to kiss him but I didn't know if it was the right time..or if it was okay. He pushed my hair behind my ear and then set his finger along my jawline. 

"I love you," I whispered. 

I just decided to go for it and I leaned in to kiss him. I pressed my lips against his and he set his hand on the back of my head bringing us closer. He pulled away after a few seconds and picked me back up. He walked over to his bed and set me down. 

"I love you too," he smirked, "are you hungry?"

"Not really," I shrugged. 

In all reality, I was starving. I felt like I could eat whatever was put in front of me at the time. 

"Babe," he said, "are you really not hungry or are you just saying that?"

I looked down and he kept his eyes on me. 

"That is what I thought," he said, "I will be right back."

I watched him walk out and I saw the roses that were still on his dresser. I grabbed the note that went with it right before I died.

Hey baby girl,
If you are reading this then I am not home yet. I went to get some breakfast, my uncle went to work early this morning. I will be back soon, I love you.

Tears swelled in my eyes and started falling down my cheeks. I wiped them away when I heard Austin coming up the stairs and into his room. He handed me a plate of food that was hot and steamy. Steak, green-beans, and two biscuits. 

"All of this?" I asked.

"Yes?" he said. 

"Are..are you sure?" I asked him once more, "here. I'll just eat this." 

I took a biscuit off the plate and handed him the rest. 

"No," he said, "now I know that you did not eat at your other house, hardly at all..but here you eat. Three meals a day, breakfast, lunch and dinner..and you eat until you are full. Not until someone says 'you are done, now clean up'. That is not how this goes."

He set everything back down on my lap and ran back down the stairs. He came back up with two knives and his own plate. I saw the knife and backed away slowly when he sat down. 

"Skylar," he said calmly, "I am not going to hurt you."

He grabbed the sharper part and put the handle towards me. I slowly grabbed it and started cutting up the steak while taking small bites of other things occasionally. Soon the plate of food was gone and he took everything and put it down stairs. He came back up and it was around nine at night. 

"Come on," he whispered, "get some rest."

I laid down slowly, it felt amazing to finally have something in my stomach. He laid down next to me and wrapped his arms around me. I turned my body slowly to face him and knew something was wrong. Just by the way he felt, he was tense. 

"Austin?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said. 

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm just thinking about what happened," he shook, "what your dad did. How he acted, I can't believe it. It makes me so angry and upset Skylar. He hurt you, he did things to you that no one should have to go through ever in their life. I can't help but blame myself for that happening, I wasn't there to protect you. I wasn't there to get him away. I wasn't there to save you Skylar. I wasn't trying hard enough.. I could have prevented that. I could have gotten you out of there. I-

"No," I said, "you could not have prevented it. There was nothing that you could have done. My dad had the house barricaded. He had it to where you could not get in. Since Emma and Brian moved away my dad has gotten worse. There was nothing you could have done. You didn't even know that I was dragged out of school and by the time you found out he had already done that. Don't blame yourself Austin, don't. I love you, and you didn't do anything wrong. You did save me, you have gotten me away from there. You have, and now I am here with you. I am safe with you. Nothing can happen to me because I am with you."

I watched his eyes just stay fixed on mine. He pressed his lips to my forehead and I laid my head on his chest. I couldn't help but focus on his heart beat, it was so soothing and relaxing.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

234K 5K 38
(Under Major Editing) Meet Clarke Makenzie the torn, beat up, 17-year-old nerd which endures endless pain and torture from the ones around her. Sinc...
8.5M 290K 55
Nicholas Adams has lived a life of abuse from his alcoholic father and sex addict mother. So growing up was tough. He makes sure everyone fears him...
60 6 16
"Riley If it weren't that I would get my butt kicked, I would go myself to show those guys who beat Skyler up who's boss. Look at me. Trying to act...
3.3K 272 35
Skylar fights against her father for the death of her mother, but that fight might become the death of her. We always knew the time of sorrow would d...