Sugar Daddy Chronicles

By SoccerBound

(Fee-bee) Phoebe was a part time college student. But that was before HE came into her life, Phoebe was a lo... More

So, This is How it Started
Welcome
Feed Me
Club Prism
Club Prism (Pt. 2)
Can We Go Book Shopping?
A Hard Head...
Best Served Cold
Eye For An Eye...
Was It All A Dream?
Was It All A Dream? (Pt. 2)
Was It All A Dream? (Pt. 3)
Sunday Morning
Late Night Phone Calls
Warm Reunions
Car Rides
Verbena? Like the Flower?
Ice Ballerina
19. Too Sexy For My Sh(ower)
20. Shall We Dance?
Right Side of The Bed
Price Tags
23. He's Got a Big... Office
The Office.
It's So Fluffy!!!
Change in Plans
27. Welcome to My House
28. Welcome to My House (Pt. 2)
29. Welcome to My House (Pt. 3)
30. Peaceful Slumber
31. Smothering Old Flames
32. Inner Ramblings of a Clueless Phoebe
33. Screaming Match
34. Damned Offices
35. Building Blocks
36. The Offer
37. Ethereal
38. Depletion
39. Calamity
40. Boiling Pot
41. Woman Up
42. Rehearsals
43. Thousand Miles
44. Ghosts
45. Wedding Crasher
Love From Your Author
And They Lived.
The Bartender

Dress Shopping

41.3K 1.3K 164
By SoccerBound

AN: Happy Friday!-wait. It's not Friday? It's only Wednesday!? I want to cry, I need a break and we're only halfway through the week... Happy HumpDay! I hope this lifts your spirits a bit.

I wake up to see that the sky getting lighter with the coming morning, the clock says that it's six something. Too early! I roll over to avoid watching the sunrise and hit a solid mass of flesh. A shriek comes out of my mouth and I notice that I'm not in my room. Mr. M grumbles but he doesn't fully wake up.
I want to say that I got up and went to my own bed but....

That would be a lie.
Instead I laid back down and slept some more.

The second time I wake up is when Mr. M's alarm goes off. I don't lift my head but I hit the pillow beside me in hopes that it'll turn off. I reach my arm out and tap him like I would a snooze button hoping that this maneuver will work. I hear a throaty chuckle and then the sound ceases.

I'm wrapped in warmth again as I settle back into sleep.

The smell of bacon has me popping up and looking around. This time I'm fully awake and aware of my surroundings. My stomach complains and pushes me towards the smell.

I walk out of the room to find Mr. M sitting at the table eating breakfast. I say nothing as I sit across from him and take the lid off of the plate in front of me. He's always so considerate to make sure that I have food.

"Did you sleep well?" He's reading a newspaper but looks up to gauge my mood/awareness for a second before going back to his reading.

I know that he can see me nodding so I don't say anything. The only sound I'm making is my fork hitting my food as I'm eating.

"That's good, I did as well. Having an unexpected sleeping companion last night was pleasurable, I especially liked their choice in pajamas." He has a smirk on his face as he finishes the sentence and I look down at what I'm wearing.

Or not wearing to be precise. All I have on is underwear.

I bolt up from the table, rush to my room, and throw on the shirt that I wore last night. I take a quick look in the mirror at my hair but there's no hope until I can detangle it. It's my punishment for not wrapping up hair last night. My hair may be permed straight but there is no way I can leave it down while sleeping without consequences.

I take one last look before I make my way back to the table. Head held high.

I refuse to feel shy-he's seen all of my body. I can't help but feel chagrined though because I didn't notice that I was walking around practically stark naked.
Mr. M huffs a bit letting me know that he's not happy that I put on clothing but I simply ignore him.

"I made a 1:30 appointment for us at a boutique in the city."

I look at him curiously but say nothing. He mistakes my look for confusion.

"We need to get you a dress."

I nod but I know that I'll have to speak for him to understand my previous look. "We? You want to look at dresses together?" My voice is like sand paper so I take a sip of juice.

"Yes. Why?" Mr. M sits down his paper to give me his undivided attention. I'm surprised that he even understands my words.

I clear my throat. "Well most men would rather just see the final product. I might have to go to multiple stores if the first doesn't have a dress that speaks to me."

He just looks at me so I feel the need to elaborate further. Men.

"Maybe I go do the shipping and tell you when I'm done?"

Mr. M shakes his head no. "I would prefer to go with you. Unless it will make you uncomfortable having me there?"

I shake my head but say nothing else.

In his mind, I'm being shy about shopping with him. But I've been shopping with plenty of men to know that soon he'll lose patience with my constant indecisiveness. This dress has to meet all the criteria and I will not lower standards.

~

We have gone to three different stores and nothing is screaming at me. It doesn't help that Mr. M wants my dress to be backless and with a small train.

Backless I can do but once I told him that I don't want anyone stepping on the train, he looked pissed.

"Do you really think that I'd let someone step on your dress?" He acts like I'm accusing him of letting it happen before.

So now we're heading to another store with him vexed with me. We just can't come to a consensus or an easy middle ground. It didn't help that the sales women were drooling, making my mood turn towards a dark place which wasn't good.

One of us needs to be reasonable.

When Mr. M directs us towards a bridal shop, I look at him confused as hell. Maybe it wasn't such a great idea to let him pick the next place, the last ones definitely weren't up to snuff. 

A young sales clerk all but runs up to greet us. By the enthusiasm, my guess is that this kid is in high school.

"Hello and welcome! My name's Syd, what can I help you two with today?" Big, eager, puppy dog brown eyes look back at us. If you look closely though, you can see a sliver of determination to prove oneself to others.

"Ball gowns. Backless. With a train. No specific color." Mr. M's brisk voice commands.

My patience snaps as I see young Syd recoil back. I'm taking the reins and Mr. M will just have to stew. His approach hasn't worked and this store looks promising, but only if one knows how to shop.

"I need a dress that is sexy yet elegant. Forget his parameters. I want to be noticed by his side-" I tilt my head to the ever grumpy Mr. M, "but I also need to be able to stand out on my own. Understand?"

A dangerous glint shines through Syd's eyes, it's at this moment that I know I won't leave this shop without the perfect dress. I look back to Mr. M as he opens his mouth to object but swiftly closes it because we both want the same thing really.

I give young Syd my dress size and the kid rushes off after telling me and Mr. M to take a seat on a couch in front of a small runway. There are large mirrors surrounding the podium at the end of the runway so that whomever can turn their head slightly and see the back of their dress. The mirrors stand upright and have wheels so that they can move around to whatever angle necessary.

Syd comes back with a rack full of dresses in all colors. The kid has to be strong because the wheels on the rack are groaning from the weight.

I stand up from the couch and peruse the selections. While I do, Syd rolls in an empty cart patiently waiting for my critique.

"No black. No yellow either because that's too bright. Red, hmm we can try it but I don't want too sexy. Green?" I look over at Mr. M in contemplation. "Will you be matching me?"

"We can. I know a custom suit shop nearby that can match any color you choose." 

I turn to Syd and address him. "Keep the green." I'm not crazy about the color but I'm willing to try it. I can see green looking appetizing on my date. Hell, he'd be appetizing with a rainbow suit to be completely honest.

I deliberate on the remaining dresses until there are ten for me to try on. All in different styles and colors, the ones I don't go for are placed on the other cart Syd brought in earlier.

Mr. M is quiet through the entire process and doesn't seem to care about the time.

I assumed he was on his phone checking emails or whatever but he was actually listening to Syd and I's conversation on a mutual favorite author. Or he was silently appraising the dresses I tried on. Never once did he give his opinion though, which didn't bother me. I know that Mr. M wants me to make a decision because I want to and not because of a suggestion.

After trying on all of the dresses, I had an idea of what style I wanted and sadly none of the choices Syd gave me fit the mold. The kid didn't look deterred though, in fact, Syd seemed to know that I wouldn't pick any of them. Maybe that was just a test run.

I sit next to Mr. M while Syd walks away with the dress racks in tow, he wraps an arm around my shoulders and I lay my head into the crook of his neck.

"Why no black?" Mr. M's curiosity is peaked.

"Everyone wears black. It's slimming so a lot of people wear it to look smaller." 

He doesn't say anything else. I can't tell if that's a good or bad thing.

Since we've met, Mr. M's never said anything about my weight or size and he always seems to appreciate my being naked which boosts my body confidence more.

'I'm not going to take his silence as bad.'  I decide. 'Mr. M is a man who knows what he wants and won't ever hesitate to speak his mind. If he had a problem with what I'm packing- he would've told me a long time ago.'

Syd comes back with another cart full of dresses but this time they all look like serious  contenders. That is- until I really look at them.

"No sheer panels below the waist. Modesty is best around CEO's and the like." As I say this, Mr. M snorts from his seat but he doesn't call me a hypocrite. I shoot him a look. This morning doesn't count in my book and Mr. M is only one who can see so much of me anyway.
"Not this one either." I point to a navy dress with a sweetheart neckline with a dramatic train.

"Why not that one?" Mr. M looks confused because the dress screams sophistication.

"That's a headache I don't want." He still looks confused. "Big breasts and strapless dresses don't mix without preparation. I don't want to keep pulling it up all night." I simplify.

Mr. M nods in understanding and lets me get back to the next batch of dresses.

~~~

It took us the entire day to finally find a dress for me while Mr. M had to stand for maybe thirty minutes with a guy measuring him. After that he told the man the colors he wanted, paid, and then we were leaving the mens store.

Where's the justice in that?

By the time we get to the hotel, it's nearly 9pm. I'm bone tired while Mr. M looks fresh like he just woke up. I trudge to my bathroom because I feel dirty.

Don't get me wrong, I was clean and so were the dresses but it's something about so many fabrics on my skin and the constant changing that just makes me want to wash the feeling off.

I stand underneath the shower spray for a minute just enjoying the feeling.

When I feel hands on my waist prompting me to turn around, I do so with a smile on my face.
Maybe I'm not so tired after all.

AN: BAM! lol. Love it? Hate it? Stay strong for the weekend! It'll be here soon. I just realized that Eric Dane is PERFECT! Like how could I forget about McSteamy when I think of Mr. M!? Be patient with me, but y'all might be seeing a lot of his pics from now on. Author out!

W2047

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

444K 24.4K 26
Tiffany is 26, she left L.A. during her husbands work party after secretly signing annulment papers with her attorney earlier in the day, instructing...
14.6M 372K 70
⚠️ Published version Available in Paperback & E-Book through Amazon! Hardcover and Paperback available online at Barnes & Noble! This WattPad versio...
9.6M 311K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
1M 28K 59
[18+ only, Mature Content] Highest Ranked: #1 Hot He exhaled deeply and shook his head. "I didnt mean to hurt you. I'm sorry, I didnt want this to h...