Just Straight Friends? || Dan...

By xphanficx

Dan and Phil have been friends forever now and have always been close. Close to the point where everyone, inc... More

Friends kiss?
Friends make out?
Friends fight?
Friends love each other?
Friends fuck? - Part 1
Friends fuck? - Part 2

Friends flirt?

6.3K 184 306
By xphanficx

Dan and Phil have been friends ever since they first met almost 10 years ago when Dan caught Phil walking around with his hood up in a place he called his "Shadow Realm" where he talked to his own shadow. At first Dan was weirded out, but also intrigued at how mysterious this kid was. Dan watched him walk straight into a boob of a teacher, and since Dan has an tendency of talking to himself as well as always embarrassing himself, he knew that right as the second Phil caught him laughing he wanted to be friends with him. Since then they have always been by each other's sides and have become really close through out the years they have known each other. Some suspect that they might have a thing for each other, and others think they are dating, but they have said it many times themselves that they are both straight and nothing is going on between them. They are just two heterosexual guy best friends that spend roughly a good 99% of their lives with each other, nothing weird about that. The great thing about having a friend like that is you know you can always rely on them with help for anything and know they are going to be there to try anything they can to help. Dan and Phil always go to each other when they need help with something.

Dan opens the door to Phil's room, not even bothering knocking as they practically live together considering the amount of times Dan has spent over. Phil looks up from his homework at his friend who is all flustered and annoyed.

"Someone looks like they just got rejected by the girl they like." Phil comments as Dan walks over and flops down on Phil's bed.

"Well you're not wrong about that." He sighs. Phil puts down his pencil and stands up. He walks over to Dan and sits down beside him.

"What happened?" Phil asks. Dan pushes himself up so he's sitting while leaning back on his hands.

"You know that girl I like, Casey?" Dan asks. Of course Phil knows. She's all Dan will talk about. He would be lying if he said Dan didn't know a little too much about her.

"She's definitely not the girl you have been obsessing over for 2 weeks now." Phil sarcastically says. Dan gives him a look.

"I'm not obsessed with her." Dan denies, which makes Phil laugh.

"Dan, by the way you talk about her it sounds like you guys have already dated when in reality all you have done is stalk her." Phil says, which receives a unpleased look from Dan.

"I haven't stalked her."

"Then why did you follow her home the other day?"

"For your information I wasn't following her home, I was just taking a stroll around the block to get some fresh air and she happened to be walking in front of me." Dan tries to defend himself which receives an eye roll from Phil.

"That's why you texted me her address and even saw her turn a light on upstairs so you believe that's her room?" Phil asks. Dans face heats from embarrassment. Phil laughs a little as he swings his legs up on his bed and sits crossed legged.

"Well if her house is ever on fire I know exactly which room to save her from." Dan says. Phil rolls his eyes again.

"You know, just because your username is danisnotonfire doesn't mean you wouldn't get burned if her house was actually on fire." Phil says. Dan lets out an annoyed grunt. "So what about her?"

"I bumped into her today after school and-" Dan stops as his face flushes with even more embarrassment.

"And?"

"I literally bumped straight into her, which made her phone fall out of her hand and cracked the screen." Dan says. Phil brings his hand up to cover the laugh his holding in. It's just like Dan to do something like that considering he once sprayed liquid deodorant into his eye and almost blinded himself, but Phil is honestly just as clumsy so he can't laugh too much.

"That must have not been good." Phil says. Dan nods his head.

"That's not even the worst part." Dan states before turning onto his side and rests his head on his hand. "She was upset of course that I broke her phone, but she played it off fairly cool as she made some joke that I can't even remember since I was too focused on what just happened." Dan adds.

"And?"

"As I stood there looking like I was suffocating on my breath, she then gave me a weird laugh. Those kind of laughs people do when they feel weirded out, and she said he had to go. Me being the stupid shit I am for some reason I thought she said goat, so I started rambling on about goats." Dan explains. Just the visual of it making it hard for Phil not to laugh. "I even started making goat noises that caught a lot of people's attention and I ended up chewing on a part of her sweater as if I was a goat." Dan says as grabs Phil's pillow and hides his face with embarrassment. Phil bursts out laughing to the image of it. Dan throws the pillow, hitting it directly in Phil's face. "Shut up dude, I actually really like her and now I blew it." Dan whines.

"Well what made you think to chew on her sweater?"

"I don't know, I wanted to know what purple tasted like." Dan annoyingly says. "She probably thinks I'm a freak with some kind of goat fetish now." Dan believes. Phil's sighs and nudges him with his elbow.

"Cheer up. She probably doesn't think that." Phil tries to help. Dan shakes his head.

"No she probably does and is probably going to tell her friends about this guy she bumped into who wouldn't say anything but goat noises and chewed on her sweater and broke her phone. I'm going to be known as Dan the goat boy by them. I think I have a string stuck in my tooth." Dan says as he uses his finger to get the fabric out.

"Dan is not a goat" Phil jokes, referencing Dans username he made ages ago, which makes Dan playfully punch his arm. "Well maybe you will see her again tomorrow and you can explain to her that you don't have a goat fetish." Phil adds while trying to encourage Dan. Even though by what Dan explained Phil knows it's probably hopeless.

"No. I'm never even going to look at her again." Dan declares. Phil shakes his head.

"Dan, you just need to build up your confidence, and make less goat noises." Phil says.

"How am I supposed to do that when my social skills are as bad as my breathing after trying to get out of bed?" Dan says as he lies back down on Phil's bed, letting out a huge sigh.

"Do you want to practice?" Phil asks. Dan picks his head up and gives him a confused look.

"Exuse me?" Dan asks. Phil pushes himself off his bed and stands up.

"Do you want to practice your confidence so you don't end up chewing on the girl you likes sweater?" Phil asks as he turns around to face Dan. Dan stays quiet but is intrigued. He nods his head. "Pretend I am Casey." Phil says. Dan tilts his head in confusion. Phil reaches over and grabs Dans hands to pull him up. "Pretend I'm Casey-" Phil repeats as Dan stands on his feet in front of him. "And try to talk to me." He adds. Dan nods his head. He places his hands in his pockets and stands on a slouch. He looks away from Phil. Not because this is weird and he feels uncomfortable, he's always comfortable around Phil, but because he's never practiced this before.

"Umm, I- uuuhh."

"See here's your first problem." Phil says. Dan keeps his eyes towards the ground. "Dan look at me as you talk." Phil orders. Dan looks up at Phil. "She isn't going to feel noticed if you are staring down at her shoes." He adds. Dan nods his head. Phil then places his hands on Dans shoulders and pushes him, making it so he straightens out his posture. He grabs Dans arms and forces them out of his pockets. He then straightens out his jumper he's wearing and makes it look neat. Phil stares up at Dan and looks at what else he could fix. He reaches over and starts brushing Dans fringe over to the side.

"Are you done?" Dan asks. Phil finishes Dans hair before nodding his head.

"Yes, sorry." He apologizes. He takes a step back. "Now, try again."

"Okay well umm-" Dan clears his throat. "Casey. I uuh, I really like you and umm-" Dan gets cut off as Phil shakes his head. "What now?" Dan asks.

"You need to sound more confident. People like people who are confident and if you avoid saying umm or uuh then she will see that confidence. Plus when your voice is low and strong it's kind of-." Phil advises, pausing at the last part as he wasn't sure what he was about to say. Dan brushes it off and sighs.

"Phil this is weird. I don't think I can do this." Dan believes. Phil gives him a sweet smile.

"Yes you can Dan." He encourages. Phil knows there's confidence in Dan. He usually shows it when he's around Phil, especially when he is standing up for him or when they are out in public being nerds together. Phil bites his lip, tilting his head as he thinks. He then stands straight. "Here, let's change it up." Phil says. "Talk to me like you usually do but as if you want ask me out." Phil suggests. Dans eyes widen.

"You want me to pretend to ask you out?" Dan asks, feeling this weird rush race through his stomach. Phil nods his head.

"If you can get me to say yes then you can get any girl too as well." Phil says. Dan smiles a little. "Now, just be confident, flirt as you would, and ask me out."

"Okay." Dan takes a deep breath as Phil steps a few feet back and walks up to Dan. "Hi Phil." Dan greets. Phil smiles.

"Oh hey. It's Dan right?" Phil responds. Dan smiles slightly and nods his head. "So, what's up?" He asks, pretending to throw the hair he doesn't have over his shoulder. Making Dan giggle. Dan looks straight into Phil's warm arctic blue and greeny eyes, them locking instantly. He clears his throat and proceeds, feeling much more comfortable now.

"Well, I have been noticing you around and I really think you are really cute-" Dan blushes slighty as he just called his best friend cute, but only because he wants to practice with him. He reaches over and grabs Phil's hands. Phil's eyes widen to the sudden moment, but smiles as he goes along with it. "You are really pretty, and smart, and I think maybe if you want to, we could go out sometime. To a movie or even dinner so we can get to know each other?" Dan asks. Phil smiles.

"That sounds lovely Dan. I'd love to." Phil says. Dan smiles and nods his head. He continues staring into Phil's eyes. He tries to pull away, but he couldn't. It's like he has gotten lost in them and has forgotten what they were even doing. Phil pulls his hands back. Dan drops his hands and realizes the sweat building up in them. "There you go dude." Dan finally gets drawn back into reality as Phil places a hand on his shoulder. He finally blinks his eyes away from Phil and focuses on the hand on his shoulder, making his heart race slightly. Phil squeezes him a little. "See, you are able to be confident." Phil says. Dan smiles up at Phil. "Now you just have to do it on Casey." He adds. Dan nods his head.

"And this time I won't chew on her sweater or shatter her phone." Dan says, making Phil do his cute little side laugh where his tongue sticks out. It's weird how confident he becomes when it comes to Phil. I mean, they have been friends for so long so they are just used to each other by now and can do anything without it becoming weird. It doesn't mean anything though.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.7K 941 12
Constantly bullied for being gay, Phil has no one, until misunderstood bad boy Dan befriends him and they start an unlikely relationship that everyon...
4.5K 145 14
Phil has a massive crush on Dan, and it keeps getting bigger with every passing moment of his life. Phil is always envious when Dan gets in a relatio...
239K 13.4K 30
It all started with that kiss, that moment and that passion when Dan became lost and Phil was clueless but both in love. The story of a skinny love t...
617K 23.7K 32
**Trigger Warning: Self Harm, Abuse, Alcoholism** Dan Howell and Phil Lester never got along. Mostly because Dan took out his horrid home...