Can't Say - Jung Hoseok

By park_pabo

"you're not going to tell her, it's something you shouldn't say. it's something you shouldn't even think twic... More

part zero - preview
part one - introductions
part two - the destroyer of geometry
part three - parenting class
part four - flower boys
part five - a secret admirer
part six - the librarian
part seven - the three dollar bet
part eight - friendship
part nine - bad things
part ten - a date with a friend(s)
part eleven - heart beat beat beat
part twelve - company
part thirteen - make it up to him
part fourteen - nothing to fear, nothing to hide
part fifteen - daydream daydream
part sixteen - new parents
part seventeen - where does the pain go once the rain stops
part eighteen - regret
part nineteen - boundaries
part twenty - the punch of a lifetime
part twenty one - the comfort of a nurse bed
part twenty two - the universe picks favorites
part twenty three - bright lights
part twenty five - a sister's suspicion
part twenty six - a word of advice
part twenty seven - a false identity
part twenty eight - stay by my side
part twenty nine - another incident
part thirty - heal
part thirty one - together forever
part thirty two - a happy ending
part forever - epilogue
10k + #9

part twenty four - a true friend's heartache

3K 194 95
By park_pabo

you sighed in defeat as you stared down at your phone, noticing the fact that your best friend wasn't responding to your texts or calls. it was worrying having taehyung not respond to you, especially since he's been your best friend since all of these years.

it just didn't make sense of taehyung to not answer like this, let alone not giving you a small hint on why he wasn't replying.

you sighed and groaned in annoyance as your boyfriend walked from behind you and wrapped his small arms around your torso.

"problem?" jimin asked, breathing in the sweet scent of your hair.

today was saturday, which meant you had work to do. you had just gotten out of the shower and your hair was still damp because of it, jimin wanted to stay at your place last night where you two just cuddled and talked about things.

everything was okay at that moment, until you were conflicted with the fact that taehyung hadn't talked to you since the day of hoseok's injury.

speaking of hoseok, your relationship with him has been somewhat close yet distant. but for some reason, even though you knew that you two haven't been all that close, a part of you still felt that bond with him.

"kinda," you spoke, turning off your phone as you turned to look at jimin and kissed his cheek, "just things with tae, don't worry about it."

"hold up, 'things with tae,' are you two fighting or something?" jimin asked concernedly.

"no no!" you shook your head, trying to make your boyfriend not panic, "we're just..i don't know. he hasn't been answering my calls or texts and i have no clue why."

jimin was a bit taken back by this fact, surprised that someone like taehyung would completely just ignore you like that. but of course, a small inch of his brain had an idea as to why.

jungkook. jimin thought in his mind, trying not to express how surprised yet angry he was.

"is something wrong?" you asked, looking up unsurely as you tilted your head, your locks sliding off of your shoulder.

"no," jimin instantly said, "i'm just worried now."

"pabo," you pinched his cheeks, "i told you not to worry!"

"sorry," jimin laughed at himself as he wrapped his arms around you tighter, "i just get so worked up nowadays because you've been in a lot of shit ever since we started dating."

you really didn't how to respond, because he was right about that. you bit your lip, "i'm sorry.."

"don't apologize, (your name)," jimin laughed, his high pitched voice chiming in your ears. "you didn't mean for any of this to happen."

"thanks, jiminie," you smiled and pecked his lips, quickly walking away from him as you realized that you might be late for work.

you grabbed your coat and tied your hair into a high pony, trying not to tug your hair so hard since it was mildly damp in some areas. you put on your autumn jacket and grabbed some comfortable shoes, trying to make sure you were feeling nice with the weather around you.

"are you ready?" jimin asked, leaning against your door with the car keys in his hands. he was wearing comfortable clothing as well, sweatpants and a t-shirt along with a hoodie and some matching running shoes.

"yeah," you grinned and skipped past your boyfriend as you walked down the stairs of the apartment complex, your face being welcomed by the cool breeze of fall and the slight warmness of the air.

your body hoped into jimin's red car, sitting comfortably onto the passenger's seat as you put on your seat belt, adjusting yourself onto the seat and jimin was still into view.

"hurry up jagi, hongbin's been calling me twice already!" you yelled at your slow boyfriend as jimin finally made his way to the car.

"alright alright!" jimin smirked, turning the car keys and putting on his seat belt.

"you're so slow."

"would you prefer i go fast?" jimin winked, a big smirk appearing on his face, making you blush.

"you're so gross." you crossed your arms laughing in amusement.

it's been awhile since you've seen your best friend at work, hongbin. you've wondered how he's been since you haven't been going to work recently since jimin is always begging for you to stay home. which wasn't good on you work ethic part, jimin was drowning your work hours and let you him.

jimin didn't care though, he wanted to spend as much of his time with you before anything bad might happen. he knew jungkook told taehyung about what happened, he could tell by the glares taehyung would give him, and sometimes even taehyung looking away in shame.

jimin's eyes only focused straight on the road in front of him, his hands gripping the wheel tightly as his thoughts were flowing in his head. the only thing he was able to think was how his trust in jungkook was starting to fade.

--

"you're the only one i can trust," you said as you watched hongbin grabbing the boxes of flowers from the back of the shop, setting them down onto the ground.

"oh am i?" hongbin smirked, leaning onto the glass counter.

"yeah, you really are." you looked down, counting the money you have earned from today's shift. you and hongbin have managed to make a lot of money today, so you made your calculations.

hongbin furrowed his brows, his lips parting, "don't you have a best friend who you trust?"

"what? are we not best friends?" you looked over at the boy, grinning as he shook his hands and laughed.

"ani," he rejected, "but saying i'm the only one you trust is a bit of an understatement. don't you have a boyfriend you trust? was it..what's his name? oh, hoseok!"

you froze at the sound of hoseok's name, sure it bugged you since your heart was beating fast, but you only smiled when the thought of dating hosoeok came to mind, "no, his name is jimin. hobi's..just a friend."

hongbin made a sound of disapproval as he smacked the side of your head. "yah, hongbin-ah!"

"tsk, tsk, tsk," he crossed his arms and shook his head, his dark hair swaying, "you pabo! and to think i was rooting for you two!"

"you were what?" you turned your head towards the boy, amazed by his answer. "you wanted me and hoseok together?"

"how dense are you?" hongbin questioned, looking down at you as if you were stupid. well, you kind of were at this point.

"excuse me?" you asked.

"(your name)," hongbin sighed, "i hope you know that hoseok really likes you, and i feel so bad that i have to spell it out for you but it's true."

"how would you know?" you asked, tilting your head up at the tall co-worker, "did he tell you that?"

"i'm seriously about to knock some sense into you, (your name). but he didn't tell me, it's just obvious. but there's something i know, and i don't know if i should tell you.."

your eyes paid attention close to hongbin this time, "tell me."

hongbin smirked, leaning his slender frame onto the counter, his elbows touching the glass. "hmm, what am i gonna get in return?"

"are you serious?"

"yes."

you groaned at hongbin's bluntness as you puffed out your cheeks, thinking of an idea. "okay how about this.."

hongbin's face showed interest.

"you tell me what you know, and i'll run all your shifts for this week."

hongbin smirked, amused at the idea. "are you serious?"

"yes." you smirked and watched hongbin chuckle at your little reiteration.

"why my working hours?"

"because i haven't been coming in lately and i owe you big time for not showing up."

hongbin nodded in satisfaction and you watched as his facial expression gave off the feeling of being in glee. you rolled your eyes smiling and placed a hand on your hip, "now tell me."

"okay," hongbin looked forward at the flowers in front of him as if he were remembering something, "hoseok has a tendency to come by the shop."

"okay, what's so juicy about that?"

"he comes to the shop as if he's searching for someone," hongbin grinned, "as if he's looking to see if you're working."

your lips trembled, you were aware of how fast your heart was beating. because of the fact you haven't showed up to work in the past few days, hoseok was basically going to your job hoping you were there. your lips stopped trembling, and managed to form a sincere smile.

"that's so sweet.." you smiled, your eyes looking down in awe as you thought of hoseok coming by the shop looking for you. only imagining him staring down at the coral roses, smiling when he thought of you.

hongbin smiled as he saw how awestruck you were, "mhm, 'he's just a friend' my ass."

you snapped out of your trance, "psh, shut it!"

hongbin only laughed for a few seconds as the sound of the bells rang when a customer entered, a lady and her child entered the shop. "can i help you find what you're looking for, miss?"

the lady looked at hongbin and you watched at how her eyes widened when she saw him, he was really handsome after all.

you only stood next to the register, thinking of all the things hongbin told you.

could hoseok really like me? you thought in your mind, smiling at the thought, would it make him happy if i talked to him about it?

--

taehyung laid on his bed, wondering if your relationship with jimin was at all happy. he stared up at his ceiling, watching the fan in his room spin around and round. he was a mess, he wasn't able to control the amount of tears ever since jungkook confessed to him about what happened. he only ever stays on his bed, the sheets distraught and his blanket covered in tissues.

taehyung felt so guilty, being the last person to know about this whole happening besides you and hoseok. he was a horrible best friend, completely unbeknownst to what happened to you.

you were ran over by a car, had a coma, and your memories of hoseok vanished, all while he was in another country during that summer.

what's even worse, was that he didn't even question you when he got back from the trip. to him, you were still your positive self. he also didn't know about your summer romance with hoseok, so he just felt like he knew nothing about you.

taehyung felt like a stranger to you, should he even be considering himself a best friend to you if he didn't know all the past events you've been through that summer?

he even worsened his loyalty by keeping jungkook and jimin involved in your life, especially jimin more than anything. but taehyung didn't know that since jungkook only told him about the car accident, not who caused it.

taehyung's throat swallowed as he felt a tear dripping from his eyes, sniffling as he covered his eyes with his hands. he was shielding away the fact that he was so ashamed.

he heard his door creak open as his dog walked inside of his room, barking and jumping onto his bed. the white fluffy dog only sniffed taehyung as he lifted it up, "i'm sorry you have to see me like this, nameless."

the puppy only replied by licking his salty tears, as if he was trying to cheer him up.

taehyung only hugged the puppy in his big arms, his body shivering as his nonstop tears were flowing. he watched as his phone was continuously buzzing on his bed side table.

he hasn't replied to anything you've sent him, and for a good reason.

it's because he felt like he wasn't worth being your best friend, and he had no idea how else to make it up to you for his mistakes and wrong doings.

he only buried his head onto the puppy's body, the scent of the freshly washed dog calming him down, "i'm so sorry, (your name)."

--

sorry i haven't updated in a while, i was busy with homework, tests, and bts's comeback. on the plus side, we went over 900 readers! thanks so much you cuties!! let's make hobi proud by reaching 1k c: 💝✨💕🍋🌙❤️💖🍥🍓⭐️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 381 13
❝if fate works, we will see each other again!❞
90K 6.1K 10
"The world is ending in 7 days and I'm going to die beside the most dysfunctional idiot that has ever graced the face of this Earth." A smile tugs th...
136K 10.9K 32
"Once upon a time, I thought our story was over. Unfortunately for me, it was really just the beginning." You reunite with your childhood friend Kim...
101K 5.8K 83
The Alpha Crown Prince Michael of Heaven is due to be married to the oldest of the Winchesters, the younger, Omega Prince Dean of Earth. King John an...