Shattered | D'Angelo Russell

By hopesashes

It keeps shattering Nothing matters If it's no trust between these four walls And it's all built up on lies a... More

1
CAST
o n e
t h r e e
f o u r
Read Me
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t w o
t h i r t y t h r e e
t h i r t y f o u r
t h i r t y f i v e
t h i r t y s i x
t h i r t y s e v e n
t h i r t y e i g h t
t h i r t y n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y o n e
f o r t y t w o
f o r t y t h r e e
f o r t y f o u r
f o r t y f i v e
f o r t y s i x
e p i l o g u e

t w o

4K 123 54
By hopesashes

Somehow Zolee found herself on the other side of the lens.

After doing Mack Wilds' Videoshoot , he decided that he wanted to capture a few shots of her.

"Is this fine?" She asked sheepishly , she was used to being more behind the scenes than center stage.

"Perfect love , do you know how amazing you look right now?"

"Stop , it's not that serious."

She chuckled causing him to smile , his dimples popped out and she had to admit he was very attractive.

"But it is , I think I'm getting the hang of this photography thing , what do you think?"

He passed her the camera and she smiled as she took in the photos , they were actually really really nice.

"You have to send me these , they're amazing actually."

"Yeah?"

He cocked his head to the side and smirked , his eyes boring holes into her face.

"Yeah Tristan."

He laughed and kissed his teeth.

"I told you to call me Mack little mama."

His voice was smooth like butter but her mind was as absolute and hard as granite.

"And I told you that your mama didn't name you that little daddy."

He raised his hands in surrender as he continued to chuckle , he liked her , she was a breath of fresh air , never had another girl questioned him on that before.

"Alright , but if you want the picture you gone have to slide me your number to , you know , send them."

Zolee rolled her eyes and began to pack up , she didn't exactly give her number or herself easily and he sure as hell didn't need it to send her some photos. She took out her iPhone and sighed as she saw the message from Yara illuminated on her screen.

Are you on your way? We have to be to the venue two hours early.

Zolee sighed as she replied before putting her phone in her back pocket.

Yeah , I'm coming.

"Look Tristan , you have my card so you have my number. Thanks for having me."

She shook his hand and began to walk out, He didn't stop her , he just watched her and made himself a promise.

She hopped in a taxi and told him her address before watching the window the whole ride. She watched the tall gaudy buildings , shiny and decorated with photos of celebrities, catchy slogans and fancy baubles. She watched the people , how everyone either looked carelessly flawless or positively polished , California was the home of stars and she hoped to be one.

She'd talked to her Gran that morning but it had been short , however her words stuck. Her gran told her to pursue her dreams and never give up, she didn't intend to. Recently photography didn't hold the zeal it used to , she wanted to branch out , she had a journalism degree along with photography, maybe she could try her hand at broadcast journalism.

"This is it miss!"

She looked up at the Indian – looking Driver , according to the license on the back of his seat his name was Gupta. He smiled at her and she smiled back before she hopped out.

With a sigh she neared the tan stone apartment building and entered the main lobby , hailing the bell boy Tony before entering the empty elevator and pressing their floor which was 3. When the doors opened she got her keys and opened the door only to meet Yara pacing the floor , still on the phone as she moved around , she seemed to be slightly agitated.

"What do you mean the journalist can't make it? So what if she has a flu , tell her take something and come!"

Zolee placed her Michael Kors bag on the table and took an apple to her mouth as she watched with slight amusement , Yara was every bit of beautiful in her figure hugging tight jumpsuit and gold sparkly Jimmy Choo heels , her hair was curled flawlessly , framing her face and her make up was a masterpiece, her lashes were pulled out to an impossible length that brushed her high cheek bones and accentuated the gold highlight and her pink plump lips were glossed to perfection.

"No we can't do a company , he requested freelance , they have less bias plus the crew is from a network he just wanted to hire his own journalist, it took a lot of persuasion to do , it's not an ordinary thing so she needs to be there."

"Trouble in paradise?"

Zolee queried but Yara waved her off.

"Where am I supposed to find a freelance journalist Stefano ?"

Yara looked over at Zolee and then hung up her phone.

"Zo , you have a journalism degree right? You used to work for Colorado news before you joined Aya. Could you please interview some of the players when they walk into the party , it's only thirty minutes I swear and then you can help me make sure things are fine and party inside, please Zo!"

Zolee began to shake her head but then stopped, she did say that she wanted to start back up with journalism but was now the time? She wasn't even prepared but she couldn't tell Yara that , she knew how much throwing good events meant to her so she nodded and walked to her room to get dressed.

Zolee put on a black crop top with tastefully cut out sides and a pencil skirt that hugged her body and stopped right above her knee with a pair of red peep toe shoes. She made sure her make up looked nice, she did a smoky eye look and ruby woo lipstick and she straightened her hair because it was starting to revert.

"You look amazing!"

Yara sang as she made her friend spin around while Zolee just shrugged , she looked alright.

There was really nothing particularly special about how she looked tonight.

--

She walked the red carpet and took her place without a second glance to Yara , if she was going to do this she needed to pace herself.

"Hello everyone! I'm Zolee Washington and I'll be covering Jordan Clarkson's star studded celebration tonight!"

She introduced herself to the camera and the line of fans that were barricaded away from her , all this for a party? She thought but didn't comment or let it show.

"Here comes Odell Beckham , Hello Odell!"

She greeted as she gave him a professional hug and he smiled at her as he stood adjacent from her.

"Hello beautiful, Zolee Washington I'm honored."

He flirted and she blushed and smiled.

"You're a charmer definitely but also such a great dresser, tell me who are you wearing right now?"

"Ah well this suit was made by Tom Ford and my shoes are Louboutins."

"Wonderful , you wear it well."

"I could say the same for you , you look gorgeous tonight."

He smiled at her and she smiled back as she continued her interview just as another player D'Angelo Russell walked up to them.

"Hello D'Angelo , how are you doing?"

She asked politely and he stared at her before he answered.

"I'm great , and you?"

"Wonderful especially after talking to Mr. Beckham here. So do you two have any words for Jordan , the reason we're all here before the party starts?"

They looked at each other and thought for a bit before they laughed.

"Pass the ball a bit more ."

D'Angelo laughed while Odell shook his head before he surrendered to some chuckles himself. Eventually they both gave Zolee a hug and walked away. She interviewed a few more people after that such as Brandon Ingram and his wife Kesi whom she congratulated on their big news.

All too soon though she found herself inside the hustle and bustle of a star studded event. As soon as she walked through the doors , Yara was bustling her way, the slender modelesque beauty grabbed her wrist and pulled her directly towards the VIP bar where nothing but ballers and entertainers lurked. Zolee fidgeted a bit as she felt their eyes surveying her but it rolled like water off of Yara's back.

"Hey beautiful!"

A deep voice rang out as they had just gotten to try the drink of tonight , the Laker Smash , purple with gold flakes and hella good. Zolee wanted a second one. In fact she was so caught up in the drink , she didn't register the owner of the voice until he engulfed Yara in a hug and laid a quick peck on her lips. Jordan Clarkson was so fine in person, come to think of it Zolee had never had this much of a view of him. She usually saw his back as he left the apartment.

When he pulled back from Yara, he smirked at Zolee and gave her a hug as well.

"So nice to meet you Zolee, Yara's told me a lot. Thanks for looking out too , you saved my press man. You were better than the original choice. You definitely left an impression on my people."

Jordan gave Yara a look and both of them chuckled at the last thing he said creating a moment of confusion for Zolee , nevertheless she chuckled , smiled and moved away from them feigning an incoming text message.

Her phone was dry as shit in reality , well except for Aya sending her a video of Destin painting in her new school in Phoenix , baby girl was growing up right before her eyes.

She sent back heart eyes and kiss emojis for her godchild , family was the only thing she missed being around constantly but in a short time Zolee felt like California life was good , a breath of fresh air literally. Yeah she missed her friends, her grandmother but did she really have anyone besides them in Colorado? Plus , her own blood hadn't even been in her life that much , for her , family was a fractured, sensitive thing. She didn't miss the sense of it , just specific people.

"How long you been in the game?"

The voice was familiar but she didn't remember the face and she wasn't quick to turn around , also she wasn't sure what they meant by game? She wasn't a baller, just a photographer posing as a journalist, or was she?

She looked up into the dark brown eyes of someone she'd had the pleasure of interviewing, D'Angelo Russell. He smirked at her and held out a drink , the corners of his pink lips rising slightly as he nodded his head towards a booth. She surveyed him for a bit , still not accepting his drink or gesture.

Zolee never trusted athletes, she'd seen what had happened to Aya and what she was going through now , who knew if Devin's ass would ever settle down with her friend?

"Why should I?"

He took a step back and chuckled while he nodded, he wasn't used to hearing that. Most girls said yes before he even asked. Not Zolee , she still stared at him , tapping her foot to the rhythm of the song while she waited.

"I just want to talk to you."

He reasoned still offering the drink but Zolee just gave a small smile.

"We're talking now."

D'Angelo didn't know what to do or say for the first time in a long time , he didn't know what to make of her , he wasn't used to being put on the spot like that and honestly the more he looked at her fine ass and listened to the challenges that came out her mouth and from her facial expressions , the more frustrated he got.

Did she know who the hell she was talking to? He was fucking D'Angelo Russell, first draft pick 2015 and the Laker's star point guard.

Well actually it was first round draft pick but still, he was a big deal.

"Whatever babygirl , I'm not gone chase you."

He leveled and Zolee just shrugged before she finally took the drink from him.

"I'm not asking you too. Thanks for the drink though."

She smiled at him once more before she turned and began to walk away towards the dance floor. He didn't stop her but he wanted to , he watched as she swayed to the beat of one of those hype ass Daft Punk songs that people don't know the name of but dance to because the beat is solid.

He examined her , her straight black hair that hit just about the middle of her back , her slim figure , boobs that looked to be around a b-cup , they were tiny but they fit her shape and her ass that poked shamelessly and made his mind reel. She was tiny , much shorter than him while in 6'inch heels so she probably was around 5"3. Her skin was smooth , it reminded him of milk chocolate and he wanted a taste of it.

"She not fucking with you."

Jordan laughed as he patted D'Angelo's shoulder , Yara was just watching Zolee and shaking her head subtly.

"She will."

It was a promise, or at least that's what D'Angelo told himself , in actuality it was his challenge , by whatever means was necessary , he'd have Zolee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.9K 1.9K 34
Everything was spinning out of control, until he met her She'd never understood her power, until she met him
8.1M 237K 41
"So this was all just a game to you . . .this whole time, you pretended to like me in order to humiliate me in front of the entire school?" An air of...
9.1K 498 30
It's harder then it seems
163K 7.9K 35
𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘪 𝘨𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘢 𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 © 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟥, 𝐊𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐘𝐀𝐃�...