Can't Say - Jung Hoseok

By park_pabo

"you're not going to tell her, it's something you shouldn't say. it's something you shouldn't even think twic... More

part zero - preview
part one - introductions
part two - the destroyer of geometry
part three - parenting class
part four - flower boys
part five - a secret admirer
part six - the librarian
part seven - the three dollar bet
part eight - friendship
part nine - bad things
part ten - a date with a friend(s)
part eleven - heart beat beat beat
part twelve - company
part thirteen - make it up to him
part fourteen - nothing to fear, nothing to hide
part fifteen - daydream daydream
part sixteen - new parents
part seventeen - where does the pain go once the rain stops
part eighteen - regret
part nineteen - boundaries
part twenty - the punch of a lifetime
part twenty one - the comfort of a nurse bed
part twenty two - the universe picks favorites
part twenty four - a true friend's heartache
part twenty five - a sister's suspicion
part twenty six - a word of advice
part twenty seven - a false identity
part twenty eight - stay by my side
part twenty nine - another incident
part thirty - heal
part thirty one - together forever
part thirty two - a happy ending
part forever - epilogue
10k + #9

part twenty three - bright lights

2.9K 186 74
By park_pabo

freshman year; summer vacation

jungkook had walked outside of the club laughing his butt off next to jimin, who was holding an alcoholic beverage in his hands. of course, they were too young to be drinking but they managed to get in since they looked older. that and fake identification cards were easy to make for them since the description matched them somewhat accurately.

but despite all that, the two boys laughing made it into their car, jungkook was the responsible one tonight, being completely sober and not as intoxicated as jimin. but he only made one mistake, jungkook wasn't of age to drive. jimin had promised that he was capable of driving since his system could handle it, but jimin was somewhat fazed that night.

jungkook fastend jimin's seat belt on and sat next to him on the passenger seat. jungkook of course was feeling uneasy but he trusted his best friend's judgement. jimin started to start the engine and perfectly reversed out of the spot, leaving the alcoholic area and proceeding to head home.

after a short while of no talking, jungkook started to speak up as the radio was playing some music. "so hyung.."

jimin turned his face at his direction for a short while before facing the road again, "yeah?"

"i know you're still bummed about (your name)," jungkook stated awkwardly, "because that's the only reason why we went to the club huh?"

jimin was silent, licking his dry lips and just made a sound that meant he agreed. "she's with that ball of sunshine hoseok."

jimin rolled his eyes, remembering just how much hoseok was able to make you smile and laugh so easily unlike jimin who literally had to try so hard each time. he just didn't get the reaction he wanted from you.

"hoseok hyung is great," jungkook assured, trying to make sure jimin's love was in good hands, "i think they're a really great match..maybe get back together with yuri?"

jimin laughed at jungkook's joke, "no thanks, i mean she was great, but i really can't date someone who hops from guy to guy. especially since i did walk in on you two having sex."

jungkook groaned in embarrassment, "no, we were just making out!"

jimin laughed at his friend, "sure, i believe you."

"no you don't."

"you know me so well." jimin laughed, a high pitched giggle roaming the air around him making jungkook feel less tense.

"i don't even like yuri at all, it just happened.."

"alright, alright, chill jungkook." jimin laughed. "i believe you."

jungkook smiled at the sudden positivity and relaxing aura surrounding the two of them, he liked it whenever jimin would act this way, he was so easy to talk to and he wasn't afraid of having to filter his mouth.

after the somewhat decent conversation, they kept focusing their eyes on the road and jungkook was just casually listening and singing along to the song playing in the vehicle. jimin's mind was too conflicted on how to feel, but deep down he knew that jungkook was right.

hoseok was better with you than you would be with  jimin.

it made jimin's heart ache of course, but seeing you smile and laugh with hoseok made him feel happy for you. he was glad that you had found someone so sweet, so nice, caring, and not advantageous like other guys. hoseok was too good to beat compared to jimin, and for once, he thanked that.

jimin couldn't help but smile but inside his heart was weeping, "jungkook.."

jungkook stopped singing and turned his head to the side, "yeah?"

"i think tonight has really helped a lot, letting out all my feelings and emotions. i really do think hoseok will be a better man than i'll ever be for (your name)."

jungkook smiled slightly at jimin.

"and," jimin bit his lip, "i know i'm only seventeen and don't know much about love and shit, but first love just comes whatever age i guess."

jungkook's eyes stared endearingly at his hyung, his conscience thanking him for having such a great friend and amazing listener. "hyung-"

"jungkook, i-" jimin's eyes looked ahead but his mind was in all sorts of places, "i think it's time that i move on-"

and everything stopped at that moment. jimin and jungkook's heads had both leaned forward, causing them a headache and some blood from the bruise.

jimin had stopped the car because they had hit something, and jungkook was alarmed and got out of the car as soon as he heard the figure fall onto the ground. jungkook jogged out of the vehicle and headed towards the figures that they'd hurt, praying that it wasn't road kill as he was holding onto his aching head. but when jungkook noticed it was two figures, he panicked.

but what got him panicking even more was the fact that jimin hadn't hit just two figures, oh no, it was two people that he personally knew.

it was (your name and last name) and jung hoseok.

jungkook's eyes widened at the sight, both you and hoseok were knocked out cold. blood was there as well, which made the boy freak out even more. he was horrified, in an instant, jungkook screamed, "jimin!"

jimin popped his head out of the window wincing, "what? did we hit a deer or something?"

jungkook tried not to cry, but he did sniffle and his voice cracked, "n-no..just come here..please!"

jimin noticed the scared expression that laid upon jungkook's face, jimin unbuckled his seat belt and had gotten out of his car. he ran up to jungkook and looked down at what he was crying about, "what is it-"

"hyung.." jungkook sniffled and rubbed his eyes, causing there to be blood stained onto his soft cheeks. jimin's eyes widened as he looked down at what he had just hit, and without hesitation, by the long locks of hair that he adored, the lovely skin he wanted to touch, and not to mention the frail body he wanted to wrap his arms around so bad, he engulfed you with his embrace.

"n-no!" jimin screamed, "i-i didn't mean to this jungkook i-oh my god.."

jimin's tears fell easily as he hugged your lifeless body that was next to hoseok's.

"hoseok.." jungkook mourned and swallowed the guilt in his throat.

hoseok was lying next to you, also knocked out completely. his forehead was bleeding and his expression looked deadpanned as opposed to his usual happy and joyful self. for once it looked as if he wasn't glowing, but the light within him was dimming. he laid there not moving, he was breathing  but he showed no signs of a good outcome.

you were still in jimin's arms, your hair a total mess as it wrapped itself around your bland expression. your body was bruised and your lips were bleeding. your hand was still attached to hoseok's though, and that was something that meant so much. it meant that you and hoseok still relied on each other when the crash happened, that the two of you were one.

"j-jimin," jungkook shook, ignoring the honorifics, "w-what do we do?"

jimin only sobbed, "i-i don't know."

"do you think we should call an ambulance?"

"what?!" jimin exasperated, "no! we can't do that, t-they'll put me in jail for this and-"

"jimin!" jungkook yelled, his voice sounding more aggressive, "look at them! we have to call an ambulance!"

jimin looked down at your lifeless, colorless, and emotionless body in his arms. a tear fell from his eyes as he could only ever think of your laugh chiming in his head, that sweet smile, those sarcastic and witty remarks that would come from your sweet lips.

"o-okay.." jimin nodded, which jungkook responded by already grabbing his cellphone. "but don't tell them i hit them!"

jungkook's eyebrows furrowed, "what?!"

"p-please.." jimin croaked, "i-i didn't mean for any of this to happen, i don't want to get in trouble jungkook-"

"so you want us to lie to the authority?" jungkook's expression was serious.

"jungkook please.." jimin begged, his eyes watering, salty tears streaming down his pale face and red nose. "i don't want to be held responsible for what may happen to hoseok and (your name) when we get them to the hospital.."

jungkook's eyes looked directly at jimin's sincere yet scared ones, his phone was already next to his ear as he heard it ringing. jungkook then gulped as the ambulance had answered the call, and he licked his dry lips as he said, "hello nine-one-one, m-my friends and i are seriously injured and we need you right away.."

--

the doctors and nurses had rushed both of you and hoseok's bodies down the isles of the hospital halls. the stench of guilt filling the air just being the perfect depressing aroma. jimin and jungkook of course were there as well following but soon stopped when the doors were closed, shielding your bodies away from them. two nurses had brought jungkook and jimin into a separate room, fixing any wounds that they might have had.

jimin of course was still in shock that he had just hurt the woman of his dreams, hitting you with his car as you and hoseok were just out having a picnic. the impact of the car caused you and hoseok to be knocked out cold, leaving the picnic outside to turn cold just like your touch.

you weren't dead, and neither was hoseok. but as soon as the doctor walked towards your family and hoseok's, the news heard from their ears killed them like the plague. your mother was sobbing onto your father, relieved that you were alive but just knocked out for a time being.

hoseok's parents were just as a mess as your parents, worried that their son may be dying. but luckily the doctors were there in time, lucky that jungkook made the right decision to call them.

jungkook's reaction to this whole ordeal was horrible, he felt so bad for the actions he caused. what jimin had caused. jungkook locked eyes with the crying jimin next to him, rubbing his back. jungkook hadn't told them what happened, he simply just stated that all of you got into a car accident and the impact had affected you and hoseok more as jimin and jungkook both needed few medical help. sure it was vague, but the answer was logical enough to believe since you and hoseok prefer walking together and such, so no other vehicle was around.

there was no proof that jimin had hit you with a car unlesss someone had told them. but no one knew about this information except jungkook and jimin themselves.

"hyung.." jungkook stared down at his best friend whom was shaking, "did we really just do that..?"

jimin got up from is seat and tried to wipe away his tears, "n-no jungkook..i did."

jimin ran out of the room, causing jungkook to stand from his seat and yell out his name. jimin however didn't listen and just ran out, his tears filling up the hallway, practically letting the hospital drown in his sorrow.

jungkook turned his head worriedly at your confused parents, "i'm sorry mr. and mrs. (last name), jimin..he really loved your daughter."

your parents nodded in sympathy as jungkook looked back down at the floor, sniffling as he watched his own tear fall onto the white ground of the uneasy halls.

--

jimin had ran quickly to the outside of the hospital, trying to register everything that he had just done. he was a wreck, overthinking all the possibilities of the causes he had just done towards you.

that, and jimin had made his best friend lie just to keep him safe.

he had slid his body onto the side of his car, wrapping his arms around himself, trying to comfort himself from the accident he just committed. his pale hand ran through his hair, pulling away to only find the blood from the cut on his forehead.

jimin stared down at the blood angrily, causing him to scream and smack himself next to his vehicle. he wrapped his hands around his knees and ducked his head, crying for what seemed like minutes. he didn't know why but, at that moment, the negative side of his conscience had an idea. and for some reason, jimin looked up in realization thinking that that idea, might actually work..

--

sorry for not updating in a while guys, i was super busy this week! but i hope you liked this chapter, and sorry if it was emotional and made you cry at some parts :(( 💔✨🌙
but we hit 700 readers! thanks for the support you lovelies 💝✨💕⭐️🌙💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 4K 29
A story of an outcast revenging on love that ends up hurting the one he loves --- Highest rank :- #24 in short story (22/3/2018) #34 in short story...
5.3K 381 13
❝if fate works, we will see each other again!❞
1.9K 186 65
𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞 ⇒ 𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚒𝚗 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝙼𝚛. 𝙼𝚒𝚗
512K 18.4K 74
Hmmm how should I put this..... ~ENJOY~ There we goo😂 #281 in humor lolol